***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Golf Instructor in Chicago

bradzim ·  
bradzimbradzim Members  94WRX Points: 58Posts: 94 Fairways
Does anyone suggest and good golf swing teachers/instructors in the Chicagoland area? I am looking for a good teacher that I can go to that would help my swing rather than teach the basics. THanks<br />
BZ
Posted:

Comments

• apprenti23apprenti23 ClubWRX  3885WRX Points: 2Posts: 3,885 Titanium Tees
    Which part of Chicagoland BZ (d-town, north burbs, etc)? There are LOTS of good instructors in IL.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • landsharklandshark Members  903WRX Points: 90Posts: 903 Golden Tee
    if you are interested in a Brian Manzella authorized instructor, find Jim Kobylinski. Not sure of his number, but you could check out Manzella's website and get it.
    Posted:
  • bradzimbradzim Members  94WRX Points: 58Posts: 94 Fairways
    im downtown but can travel to the burbs without a problem
    Posted:
  • pm4610pm4610 Members  368WRX Points: 64Posts: 368 Greens
    +2 for Jim Kobylinski
    Posted:
  • Chicago LeftyChicago Lefty Lefty Boomers  1654WRX Points: 50Posts: 1,654 Platinum Tees
    Dan Kochevar and Dick Raber (Jim Hardy certified instructor) are both very good. Lmk if you need contact info.
    Posted:
  • CardsChamps11CardsChamps11 Members  690WRX Points: 150Posts: 690 Golden Tee
    Robert Gamble at Golf Tec. You wont be disappointed. I live in Missouri and travel to go see him because hes the best Ive ever been to. <br />
    <br />
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • matt70286matt70286 Members  401WRX Points: 98Handicap: 3Posts: 401 Greens
    Todd Sones Impact Golf School in Vernon Hills is excellent. Just hop on I-94 to Route 60 (it's not far from the highway). Although I have never taken a private lesson from Todd, as his rate is about $200 per hour, I have taken lessons from his assistant, Michael Kline, with great results.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 9 degree - Kuro Kage Dual Core TiNi 60X
    Ping G400 3 wood - UST Mamiya VTS Silver SX
    TaylorMade UDI 3 iron - GD AD DI 95X
    Titleist 718 AP2 4-PW - Project X LZ 6.5
    Mizuno T7 52, 56, 60 - DG
    Evnroll ER2
  • TaylorMadeAP25TaylorMadeAP25 Members  670WRX Points: 1Posts: 670 Golden Tee
    Blarger wrote on 28 March 2010 - 06:17 PM:
    <br />
    [color="#333333"]I am an instructor based in the Chicago area. I am just starting a golf teaching business here and will give you or any other local members a free 1-hour lesson in return for your feedback. I love to teach and believe golf is made out to be way too complicated and intimidating for beginners. As part of the lesson I take video and forward you the files for your records. Here is one of my students, making big progress after his first one hour lesson: [url=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/user/ricephilx&quot;]http://www.youtube.com/user/ricephilx[/url] [/color]<br />
    <br />
    [color="#333333"]I teach at Riedy's Tee Time, in Lisle. Let me know if interested! [/color]<br />
    <br />
    [color="#333333"]-Chris[/color]<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    you might want to invest in a tripod...
    Posted:
  • str8hitterstr8hitter Members  19WRX Points: 0Posts: 19
    I can recommend Justin Bentley at GolfTec Des Plaines. Definitely knows his stuff and has a good teaching style.
    Posted:
  • rustyputterguyrustyputterguy Members  1210WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,210
    Brian King at Prairie Landing. Great guy, knows his stuff.
    Posted:
    Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5
    Titleist 909F3 15.5
    Nike VR-S Covert Tour #3
    Mizuno MP-59
    Miura Black Wedge Series 52,56,60
    Bettinardi Kuchar Model 2
  • Jeep1423Jeep1423 Members  1343WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,343
    The best I have found is John Gagliano at the Golf Galaxy in Schaumburg. Not the classic place to look, but if you have any baseball background, like I do, he puts everything in the perfect terminology for you. I had the shanks in a bad bad way with every iron I hit this time last year and one lesson fixed me right up. I just stopped by on Friday and I am going to book with him in a week or two.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • tokilicioustokilicious Members  1WRX Points: 10Posts: 1 Starters

+1 for Justin Bentley at GOLFTEC Des Plaines. Very good technical knowledge and understanding of biomechanics. He teaches a more modern swing style (Dustin Johnson, Brooks Koepka, Colin Morikawa) rather than a more traditional swing style (Jack Nicklaus, Nick Faldo). So far it’s worked for me quite well.

Posted:
  • indianagolf2indianagolf2 Members  204WRX Points: 39Posts: 204 Fairways

Lots of good suggestions for sure. Todd sones assistant is very good.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.