Golf in Palmetto, Fl.

I will be on vacation in Palmetto Fl in May / June, renting a villa on Imperial Lakewoods golf course. Does anybody know this course and how it rates, and what other courses would you recommend in the nearby area?

Comments

• lefty74pghlefty74pgh Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Imperial Lakes is alright. You have many courses within a short drive. I would recommend River Strand, Legacy, University Park and Waterlefe. I think the prices should be down by the time you get here.

Decent courses that may be a little less in price that are pretty good are Cypress Creek, Tara Golf & Country Club and Buffalo Creek is around the corner from you.
  • MitchyBoyMitchyBoy Members Posts: 73
    Thanks very much, I'll have a look at the courses you have suggested.
  • GolffferGolfffer Members Posts: 125 ✭✭
    River Strand is definitely the best in the area (27 holes). Waterlefe is fun, but it has a lot of blind tee shots. Imperial is pretty average, but you should see a few gators.
  • playmuchplaymuch Members Posts: 967 ✭✭
    Lagacy is great. Waterlefe is a fun track. Those 2 are definitly better than Imperial.
  • MitchyBoyMitchyBoy Members Posts: 73
    Thanks for the info. I will only play Imperial as staying in a villa on the course. Waterlefe and Legacy both look good tracks on their websites.

Is River Strand a pay and play track, as the website seems to imply it is a members only deal?

To be honest I'm just looking forward to playing somewhere warm and dry, the weather in the UK is not great at the moment, and I'm fed up with playing cold and wet!