GolfWRX ClubSG Group Weekly Scoring

AsleepAsleep Marshals Posts: 9,056 mod
JOIN our group!
In our [url="http://clubsg.skygolf.com/groups/GolfWRX"][size="3"]GolfWRX ClubSG Group[/size][/url] we have the bolded options below to rank group members each week on their rounds.

For GolfWRX ClubSG group members, which ranking do you want to use???

Note: some of the choices will show a score (86) and some will show a differential (-3.7)

[color="#000080"]A description of the different options available to rank your group's scores.

[color="#8B0000"]1) [/color]USGA Differential

Differential is essentially the difference between your ESC Score and the score that a scratch golfer would record on the same course. It is calculated as follows:

((Score - Rating) X 113) / Slope

To see your own differentials and how they are used for calculating handicap. Click on the "handicap" link next to your handicap index on your "my game" page.

USGA differentials are the best way to compare scores between multiple courses of different levels of difficulty. It does not take into account the skill level of the golfer.

[color="#8B0000"]2) [/color]Fair Score

Fair score is a simple (and fair) way to compare scores across different courses from players of varying skill levels.

While the formula uses both USGA Handicap Index and USGA Differentials, it is not developed or approved by the USGA.

The Formula:

USGA Differential - USGA Handicap Index = Fair Score

USGA Differentials are a very important part of handicapping. It allows golfers to compare scores across different courses of varying difficulty. For example a score of an 82 might result in a differential of 12 on one course and 15 on another easier course.

A limitation with USGA differential is that it is not adjusted based on the the skill of the golfer (previous performances). For example if I (20 handicapper) shoot an 85, it's a much better relative score than if Tiger Woods (+8 handicapper) shoots a 75. When both scores are played on the same course Net Score is used to perform this comparison. Fair score was created inside ClubSG to provide the same comparison as Net Score across different courses of varying difficulty and par.

[color="#8B0000"]3) [/color]Gross Score to Par

This is the score as it commonly appears on a PGA leaderboard. For example if you shot a 79 in a par 72 course it would display as +7. This does not take into account the golfers skill level or the difficulty of the courses.

[color="#8B0000"]4) [/color]Net Score to Par

[color="#8B0000"]5) [/color]Gross Score

This is the basic score exactly as it appears on the scorecard.

[color="#8B0000"]6) [/color]Net Score

This is a golfers ESC score minus their course handicap. Course handicap is an indication of what a golfer should shoot based on a given course based on their potential/handicap.[/color]

The group has been set at the default "Fair Score"

http://clubsg.skygolf.com/groups/GolfWRX
Post edited by Unknown User on
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font]

Comments

• AsleepAsleep Marshals Posts: 9,056 mod
    edited Jun 5, 2010 #2
    If any GolfWRX ClubSG member does NOT want his/her scores posted here, go to your profile and make your scores private. image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

[color="#FFFFFF"].................................................[/color][size="7"]Weekly Rankings[/size]

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="725" height="600" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab"><param name="movie" value="http://clubsg.skygolf.com/flash/GroupLeaderboard.swf?v=1"; /><param name="flashvars" value="domain=clubsg.skygolf.com&groupId=3644&sk=1" /><param name="wmode" value="opaque" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowNetworking" value="all" /><embed src="http://clubsg.skygolf.com/flash/GroupLeaderboard.swf?v=1"; allownetworking="all" allowscriptaccess="always" width="725" height="600" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer"; wmode="opaque" flashvars="domain=clubsg.skygolf.com&groupId=3644&sk=1"></embed></object>

This is a weekly scoring thread, so "out of date" posts will be deleted in order to keep the scoreboard & posts on the same page.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font]
  • RCGARCGA Posts: 203
    All I understand is the gross score and the net score. The rest I don't get and sound too complicated haha.

I'm ZachOly on this btw.
    tommypar72 wrote on 14 May 2010 - 08:19 PM:
    How do I join this forum?

I think you have to be a ClubSG member.

Follow this link:

http://clubsg.skygolf.com/groups/GolfWRX

There should be a "Join Group" link on the left.

It notifies me, and I approve it as soon as I'm able to. image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • RCGARCGA Posts: 203
    Is there a way to show your score in relation to par?

Because a 74 is different depending on whether you play a par 70/71/72
    edited Jun 3, 2010 #6
    Frankly, I don't think most will like the "gross score to par" sort.

I did email SG and requested a "gross score to par" column to show above, but not for ranking/sorting.

I'll revert to a different, more balancing, ranking sort in a bit.

We have room for more members. image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

SkyGolf is considering our "gross score to par" request.

We're still using the Fair Score sort option.

If anyone wants to try a different sort, let me know and we'll see how it looks.

Net Score is balanced by handicap.
    edited Jun 1, 2010 #7
    prestiege wrote on 30 May 2010 - 08:14 PM:
    how does your name get on the leader board? i joined the group when it was started, i played 2 9 hole courses...

Gotta post 18 hole round.
    edited Aug 11, 2010 #8
    GolfWRX ClubSG Group

40 members

88.8 average score

11.6 average handicapp

I'd guess we're one of the biggest, if not the, on ClubSG.
  • wrmillerwrmiller Members Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    Asleep wrote:

I'd guess we're one of the biggest, if not the, on ClubSG.

image/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Primary bag:
    Titleist 913 D3 8.5
    Titleist 915Fd 13.5
    Titleist 913h 17
    Mizuno MP-18 4-PW
    Scratch wedges 50, 55, and 60
    Bettinardi mid-shank putter

Backup bag:
    Ping G400 9
    Ping G30 fw 13
    Ping G30 hybrid 19
    Ping iBlade 4-PW power spec
    Macgregor VIP wedges 51, 56, and 60
    Bettinardi mid-shank putter
  • sheppy335sheppy335 TMAG Junkie Members Posts: 6,341 ✭✭
    I just requested membership. I am jbshepherds on Clubsg. Looking forward to posting scores.
    TM M3 440 TP 10 Mitsubishi Kai'li
    TM M2 Tour 15 Kuro Kage
    TM M1 Tour 18 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
    TM TP UDI 2 iron 18 UST Recoil 110
    TM TP UDI 3 iron 20 Paderson KINETXX 950
    TM RSi TP UDI 4 iron 23 Aldila Trinity 65
    TM P790 6,7 Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM P790 Black 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM xFT TP 50 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Milled Grind Black Wedge 54 Nippon Pro Black WV115
    TM ATV HP 58 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

I drop the 2 iron or one of the other UDI's based on course.
  • saxxmansaxxman Saxxman Members Posts: 39
    I'm saxxman, in the group. So far I'm way down the list, but that should change this season. Live in Vail, Colorado, so I'm waiting for snow melt!!!
    Asleep wrote:

GolfWRX ClubSG Group

40 members

88.8 average score

11.6 average handicap

Pretty impressive, imo.

50 members

87.6 average score

10.5 average handicap
  • Bucken77Bucken77 Poor Mans Ho ClubWRX Posts: 2,188 ✭✭
    Woohoo! 2nd this week
    Titleist 913 D2/White Tie Stiff
    Titleist 2-4H S+ Stiff
    Titleist AP2 714 5-GW
    Titleist SM4 52/58
    Byron Morgan GSS DH-89
    www.gamegolf.com/player/Chunkylover77
  • teeituphighteeituphigh Head Professional - Hastings Golf Club, NZ Posts: 1,200 ✭✭
    Im in guys....Dont know how my scores/no handicap will effect things but if I need to alter anything let me know!
  • teeituphighteeituphigh Head Professional - Hastings Golf Club, NZ Posts: 1,200 ✭✭
    Should we run a tournament one week....I could sort a prize out of some sort im sure....something small so it doesnt cost me a packet to ship to you north american folk!

Come up with a 'date week' and I will sponsor it with somthing....
  • Elite_DiggerElite_Digger Posts: 197 ✭✭
    Hmmm...once I get out and playing, I'd be interested in joining this. However, my scores will probably be higher than those that I've seen up above so unfortunately, I'd be dragging down the group average and upping the handicap (I'm a 16). image/mad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':angry:' />
  • Elite_DiggerElite_Digger Posts: 197 ✭✭
    edited May 14, 2011 #17
    I joined a week ago...how long until we get approved to join?

Is this thread dead now? =(
    edited May 15, 2011 #18

I joined a week ago...how long until we get approved to join?

Is this thread dead now? =(

ClubSG was down for a few days, you,re in now.

Scores don't matter, this is only about the fun of it. image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Winter down here means im posting noooooo scores....or it could be the stress fracture in my foot. Either way IM SICK OF RAIN!
    60 members

87.9 average score

11 average handicap

Pretty darned impressive, imo. image/clapping.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clapping:' />
  • Doc V.Doc V. Members Posts: 257 ✭✭
    Just joined making it 61. Let me see if my buddy meximelt wants to join. Just trying to boost membership.
  • TheCityGameTheCityGame Traj like Minaj Members Posts: 15,077 ✭✭
    I signed up for it. Waiting for it to get approved.

Do people like using that as a stat-tracker?

It seems like a pretty good app for entering scores and tracking stats. I have a spreadsheet that does it for me now, but if the website is useful and can show comparisons, I might like that.
    Ping G25 10.5º
    RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
    Sauce : tour
    Cobra f6 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-PW

Vokey 50º illegal grooves
    Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
    Vokey 58º
    Bobby Grace Amazing Grace

Oncore Elixir
    68 members

87 average score

10.6 average handicap

Scores, handicaps going down. Nice! image/clapping.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clapping:' />
  • mwmgolfxmwmgolfx Posts: 449 ✭✭
    I just tried to join the group thru my Skycaddie as myronwmiller (as Skycaddie membership). How do I synchronize the two?
  • Doc420Doc420 Members Posts: 2,322 ✭✭
    what's up with the overall leaderboard list? lots of guys with no rounds or handicap at the top. Can we clear that up.
  • Not sure if this thread is dead but sent a request to join the group under tomcat614
    TM SLDR 9.5 Matrix 6Q3
    TM Rocketballz Stage 2 3W, 3 Hybrid
    TM Rocketballz Stage 1 4 Hybrid
    Speedblade 5-AW-KBS 90
    Rossa CGB Fontana
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54 & 60
    edited Feb 21, 2013 #27
    lov2golf4 wrote:

Not sure if this thread is dead but sent a request to join the group under tomcat614

83 members

86.2 average score

10.1 average handicap

image/welcomeani.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':welcomeani:' />
  • AB2SSAB2SS Members Posts: 11
    What is the procedure for recording "Approach Shot Distance" and "Approach Shot Result"? Also, although I don't have it selected, "Green Location" shows up on "Edit Score" screen. How do I get rid of this?

Thanks
  • bigeasybigeasy Bigeasy Members Posts: 1,158 ✭✭
    i have requested membership
    Cobra F6+ Graphite Design ADDI-6S 10D
    Cobra Flyz+ 14.5 degree, Aldila Tour Blue 75 stiff
    Taylormade M1 19* hybrid
    Ping I 25 4-PW ZZ65 cushin
    Titleist SM6F Grind 50*, SM6 S Grind 55* SM6 59* S Grind S-300
    Scotty Cameron GOLO 5 SS tour 2.0
     Srixon Z star, TP5, Prov1
    USGA Handicap 6.2
    GolfPride MCC Plus 4 and Tour Velvet Plus 4

USA! Love it or leave it!
  • cjblake09cjblake09 Members Posts: 1,802 ✭✭
    How do you join?

• etakmitetakmit Western NYClubWRX Posts: 662 ✭✭
    Asleep wrote:

tommypar72 wrote on 14 May 2010 - 08:19 PM:
    How do I join this forum?

I think you have to be a ClubSG member.

Follow this link:

http://clubsg.skygol.../groups/GolfWRX

There should be a "Join Group" link on the left.

It notifies me, and I approve it as soon as I'm able to. smile.gif

cjblake09 wrote:

How do you join?

See the other post I quoted.
    Titleist 915 D3 9.5*
    Titleist 917 F2 15*
    Titleist AP1 4-5
    Titleist AP2 6-P
    Vokey SM6 52/58
    Toulon Design Rochester