2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New Rules in Effect and clarification of Rules *Update 5/16*

75 Posts Needed to use BST now.
Starting today, users need 75 posts in order to post or respond to Ads in the BST. ClubWRX members will continue to have the ability to create and edit new posts. Members under 75 posts can pay a fee of $5 to post a non-pinned Ad or they can join ClubWRX.

There will be a fee increase of $10 for new pinned Ads and $5 per week for renewal.

Clarification of Rules for Pinned Ads.

Starting a new Ad with the same products and closing a previous Ad breaks the BST rules and will cause your Ad to get deleted. If your Ad is pinned, it does not matter when it was created.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Running up of post counts is against the standard forum rules and can constitute a permanent banned account.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

FINALLY! I really like this idea. I do have one question...Are some people going to be "grandfathered" in so this rule won't apply to them? I know of a few guys who are great sellers but don't meet the post requirement so I was just curious.

TM R1 w/ Fubuki Alpha Adams XTD ti 14.5 w/ red tie Adams Pnt 20* w/ Matrix Altus Nike Covert forged 4-Gw w/ Nippon SPB Betti BB54 Skull & Crossbones Vokey TVD M 54* & Scratch DW 58*

[quote name='Stinger82' date='15 May 2010 - 08:49 PM' timestamp='1273974546' post='2443926']
FINALLY! I really like this idea. I do have one question...Are some people going to be "grandfathered" in so this rule won't apply to them? I know of a few guys who are great sellers but don't meet the post requirement so I was just curious.

[/quote]

+1

I have the same question. My feedback on here speaks for itself, although it is not high. Will I be "grandfathered" in?

Good idea in theory, but still nothing on PP gifting. I think that would do more to protect site members than anything else. Make sellers do the math and protect our BST

Adams 9015D w/Harrison Saga 60S
Callaway XR Pro 4 wood 16* PX 6.0
Callaway Apex Hybrid 18* & 23*
Mizuno MP 15 4-P TTDG S300
Callaway MD3 52* & 58*
Rife Barbados... the best putter ever.

[quote name='Stinger82' date='15 May 2010 - 06:49 PM' timestamp='1273974546' post='2443926']
FINALLY! [b]I really like this idea[/b]. I do have one question...Are some people going to be "grandfathered" in so this rule won't apply to them? I know of a few guys who are great sellers but don't meet the post requirement so I was just curious.
[/quote]

I agree too! Not sure about the grandfather idea though. That would violate the new rule which would make no sense.

Handicap:  3

Appreciate the changes as I think it will help to deflect some of the bad experiences that have been occurring w/BST transactions. I hope they have the intended effect.

Also, FWIW, I do think we might have an odd situation with some current members under the 75 post requirement, but with decent feedback history (5 or more) who've demonstrated a good working knowledge of using the BST properly. I realize exceptions can be difficult to manage, but it'd be shame that this audience will be restricted under the new terms. Of course, the owners/founders and mods have a much better working knowledge of the issues and I think most of us will trust the decision that is made.

No grandfathering. Does not effect PMing members in the BST. This has been in public discussion for over a month. See the BST Ad help section for the ongoing thread about how it was decided.
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/365179-how-many-posts-should-a-member-have-to-be-able-to-post-a-bst-ad/

There are paid alternatives for those who don't meet the 75 post requirement.

We do not condone Paypal gifting but, it is an unenforceable requirement and should be handle between buyer and sellers.

BST AD Help

Glad to see this, and I would opt for the PP gifting ban also.

The 75 rule prevents people from coming here and just selling stuff for free, without making a meaningful contribution to the site. In the case of someone wanting to just sell, they could then buy a site sponsorship.

Driver #1: TM Aeroburner TP 10.5 °
Driver #2 TM Aeroburner TP Mini 14°
5W: TM Aeroburner TP 18°
Hybrid: TM Aeroburner TP 19°
Irons: TM Tour Preferred CB 4 - AW
Wedge: TM Tour Preferred 56° ATV
Putter#1: Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport Two
Putter#2: Scotty Cameron California Sea Mist Fastback 1/500
Putter#3: Scotty Cameron California Hollywood
Sun Mountain C-130 Red, White & Blue
Handicap 27.1

If you're under 75 posts, the answer is pretty clear, start participating more. If everybody just reads, then we don't have as much diversity and depth to the forum. Realistically, the people who read more than post probably have some pretty intelligent things to say. Those of us who blab all the time, well, that may be another story...

Everybody wants to sit in the wagon and nobody wants to pull...

The 75 minimum posts requirement is absolute and stands on its own.

GolfWRX owners, with [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/365179-how-many-posts-should-a-member-have-to-be-able-to-post-a-bst-ad/"]ample input from the membership[/url], have determined it is in the best interest of the forum.

Thanks. :)

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

As of now, the only programmable enforceable option is post count.

If we instituted a paypal gifting ban, what are the enforceable actions? Ban/suspended an account because of conduct between two members where one has reported? Otherwise its just a wink wink deal.

BST AD Help

[quote name='coach_harris1' date='15 May 2010 - 08:58 PM' timestamp='1273975127' post='2443949']
Not trying to be disrespectful, but what does the "75 Posts" rule truly accomplish? Anyone know? I do know there will be a lot less good deals in the BST now because this limits the number of people who can post. Not a big fan of this.
[/quote]

My 2 cents...it stops the noticeable increase of FS ads from people who have absolutely no history on GolfWRX. I'm going to speculate that the increase in bad transactions has a higher likelihood of occurring with those who don't use the site (low post history), have no vested interest and feel it's a quick way to anonymously rip someone off.

Will it stop all bad transactions? No. Like locks on doors, it keeps the honest people, honest. It won't stop a real thief, but it makes it more burdensome for the average Joe from ripping off others.

[quote name='LBattaglia93' date='15 May 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1273975330' post='2443968']
So I'm guessing that if you want to buy an item and you don't have 75 posts you must PM the seller?
[/quote]

That is what I'm reading. Quite honestly, I wish more people would just PM the seller versus responding to the posting. As someone who's sold on this site (and as others have mentioned), responding to a FS post should really only be done when clarification is needed for the general public or an update is made to the posting. I've had a few too many instances where someone responds to my post saying they'll take it and never send payment.

The result is that other interested buyers thought they were too late and didn't even ask until I then provided another update to say that the person never responded to my PM's for payment. Talk about annoying!

[quote name='Pondy' date='15 May 2010 - 09:09 PM' timestamp='1273975754' post='2443993']The 75 rule prevents people from coming here and just selling stuff for free, without making a meaningful contribution to the site.[/quote]

... and, hopefully, slow down those who join/place ad/take money/do not ship/get banned from re-registering and ripping off more members. ;)

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

[quote name='Gxgolfer' date='16 May 2010 - 12:14 PM' timestamp='1273976054' post='2444017']
As of now, the only programmable enforceable option is post count.

If we instituted a paypal gifting ban, what are the enforceable actions? Ban/suspended an account because of conduct between two members where one has reported? Otherwise its just a wink wink deal.
[/quote]
Just an observation, but it sure seems like those sellers that often ask to be paid buy paypal gift also either haven't
been long term members or have a low post count or both. I think the post count li,it will help to limt the number of sellers that reuqest
a paypal gift payment.

In my opinion, this is a great move! I am sure that there wil lbe others. Well Done!

[quote name='Asleep' date='15 May 2010 - 10:21 PM' timestamp='1273976480' post='2444045']
[quote name='Pondy' date='15 May 2010 - 09:09 PM' timestamp='1273975754' post='2443993']The 75 rule prevents people from coming here and just selling stuff for free, without making a meaningful contribution to the site.[/quote]

... and, hopefully, slow down those who join/place ad/take money/do not ship/get banned from re-registering and ripping off more members. ;)
[/quote]

Doesn't ISP help with that or do they just use a variety of computers to sign up and post? Or you can't ban ISPs...

If you ban an ISP, that would be bad. Banning is a horrible misconception of control because of the number of legitimate proxy ISP based companies.

BST AD Help

[quote name='Asleep' date='15 May 2010 - 10:13 PM' timestamp='1273976007' post='2444014']
The 75 minimum posts requirement is absolute and stands on its own.

GolfWRX owners, with [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/365179-how-many-posts-should-a-member-have-to-be-able-to-post-a-bst-ad/"]ample input from the membership[/url], have determined it is in the best interest of the forum.

Thanks. :)
[/quote]

Well said T.

[quote name='LBattaglia93' date='15 May 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1273975330' post='2443968']
So I'm guessing that if you want to buy an item and you don't have 75 posts you must PM the seller?
[/quote]

I am confused by this. I never respond to people who post in my ad that they will take the item. They MUST send me a PM so I can give them my PayPal address.

So does this rule mean that a person with less than 75 posts can't respond to an ad or can't buy anything by sending a PM to the seller?

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/color][/size][/font]