The Patriot Golf Club

Judge SmalesJudge Smales Members Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭✭
Need some confirmation of a rumor I heard
Heard the course is phenomenal and includes a stoppage in play at the 1300th hour (1:00) everyday to pay respect to all our patriots. Pretty cool.. Anywho, I heard that anyone can play The Patriot (without a member) one time and one time only for $175. Can anyone confirm this? If this is the case, I'm totally in...

Comments

• OK_GolfOK_Golf Members Posts: 614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Judge,

I've heard everything you have heard. The $175 "outside" green fee was discussed on the local sports radio station in Tulsa, so I'd say that's a pretty good source. They did see only one or two tee times per day (I can't remember which) are reserved for the "non-member" play, so you might need to plan ahead.
    WITB
    Driver: Ping G20, 8.5*, stock tour Stiff
    3 wood: TaylorMade SLDR TP, stock TP stiff, 15*,
    Hybrids: Callaway XR Pro stock pro stiff 18* & 23*
    Irons: Callaway Apex (2014) 5-AW, KBS Tour-V 110 S
    Wedges: Mizuno MP-T 56*; Callaway X Series Jaws 60*
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Fastback
  • Judge SmalesJudge Smales Members Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally made a phone call. 3 public tee times every Monday thru Friday - 9:10, 10:10. 11:10 - $175 green fee. They say call one day in advance and you should be good.
  • BrettasaurusBrettasaurus Members Posts: 812
    I am going to check out this course. It looks phenomenal! There are two holes #6 a 6A and a 6B because they couldn't decide on which one to keep. Did you ever check it out JS?
  • Judge SmalesJudge Smales Members Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never did go. Moved northerly and never could find a day to do it. Had a buddy play and said it was unreal. Worth the $175 he says.
  • Gwrxace04Gwrxace04 Members Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
    I've had the opportunity to play it 3 times and it is very enjoyable and diverse in the setting. $175 is correct I believe. You'll be hard pressed to find a course that has so many different landscapes on one course. I'm not sure if they will allow a same day replay but if you can get 36 the same day, I'd go for it.

Here is a link to a well written review by a very knowledgeable person, Brad Klein from Golfweek.

[url="http://www.golfweek.com/news/2010/jun/15/raters-notebook-patriot-golf-club/"]My link[/url]
  • SMcGavin1SMcGavin1 Members Posts: 119 ✭✭
    Anyone know if this is still their policy? Any tee times open to the public? Would love to get up there and play it.
  • PuttLeftHitRightPuttLeftHitRight Members Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Would like to know about the public tee times as well.
  • adamjstladamjstl Members Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Very nice course. Everyone in our group of four preferred it over Southern Hills.
  • garzargarzar Members Posts: 37 ✭✭

@adamjstl said:
    Very nice course. Everyone in our group of four preferred it over Southern Hills.

Seriously? It is nice but better than SH? Not in my book.

• okie21okie21 Members Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

@garzar said:

@adamjstl said:

Seriously? It is nice but better than SH? Not in my book.

They are 2 totally different courses, built in opposite styles, 60+ years apart. You'd be insane not to enjoy both of them in their own right, but I can see where some might prefer the Patriot over SH.

Has anyone done the guest visit lately?

Titleist 917 D2 9.5 deg (Diamana White 70 S)
    Ping G400 17 deg (Oban Kiyoshi White 04)
    Titleist 718 AP1s 4-GW (DG AMT White S300), 1 1/4" over with 1/4" intervals 8-9i and shorter
    Vokey SM7 52 deg Jet Black (DG Onyx S400)
    Vokey SM '09 56 deg tour chrome (DG Wedge flex)
    Vokey SM7 60 deg Jet Black (KBS C Taper Lite S) all wedges same length as GW
    Scotty 2018 Newport 3, fresh from Custom Shop, std length and lie
    Vice Pro Plus
  • dlygrissedlygrisse KansasMembers Posts: 13,442 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 14, 2019 2:03am #12

I’ve played it. It’s really cool for many reasons. The Folds of Honor headquarters is there. The first hole is one of the coolest first shots ever. Yes at 1:00 play stops for Taps there is a large flag which can be seen throughout the course. All 18 holes are nice, with a lot of elevation change going from low areas to some very scenic views.
    Tremendous experience. I don’t know policies as I was with a member.

Ping G400
    Callaway Epic Flash 3w, Ping G410 7 wood
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, Vokey M Grind 58
    Grips NDMC +4
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ProV1x
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji