GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

The Patriot Golf Club

Judge Smales ·  
Judge SmalesJudge Smales Members  837WRX Points: 110Posts: 837 Golden Tee
<div class="IPBDescription">Need some confirmation of a rumor I heard</div>Heard the course is phenomenal and includes a stoppage in play at the 1300th hour (1:00) everyday to pay respect to all our patriots. Pretty cool.. Anywho, I heard that anyone can play The Patriot (without a member) one time and one time only for $175. Can anyone confirm this? If this is the case, I'm totally in...
Posted:

Comments

• OK_GolfOK_Golf Members  626WRX Points: 94Posts: 626 Golden Tee
    Judge,<br />
    <br />
    I've heard everything you have heard. The $175 "outside" green fee was discussed on the local sports radio station in Tulsa, so I'd say that's a pretty good source. They did see only one or two tee times per day (I can't remember which) are reserved for the "non-member" play, so you might need to plan ahead.
    Posted:
    WITB
    Driver: TaylorMade SLDR, Oban Revenge Stiff, 10.5*
    3 wood: TaylorMade SLDR TP, stock TP stiff, 15*,
    Hybrids: Callaway XR Pro stock pro stiff 18* & 23*
    Irons: Callaway Apex (2014) 5-AW, KBS Tour-V 110 S
    Wedges: Mizuno MP-T 56*; Callaway X Series Jaws 60*
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Fastback
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Judge SmalesJudge Smales Members  837WRX Points: 110Posts: 837 Golden Tee
    Finally made a phone call. 3 public tee times every Monday thru Friday - 9:10, 10:10. 11:10 - $175 green fee. They say call one day in advance and you should be good.
    Posted:
  • BrettasaurusBrettasaurus Members  812WRX Points: 0Posts: 812
    I am going to check out this course. It looks phenomenal! There are two holes #6 a 6A and a 6B because they couldn't decide on which one to keep. Did you ever check it out JS?
    Posted:
  • Judge SmalesJudge Smales Members  837WRX Points: 110Posts: 837 Golden Tee
    Never did go. Moved northerly and never could find a day to do it. Had a buddy play and said it was unreal. Worth the $175 he says.
    Posted:
  • Gwrxace04Gwrxace04 Members  93WRX Points: 62Posts: 93 Fairways
    I've had the opportunity to play it 3 times and it is very enjoyable and diverse in the setting. $175 is correct I believe. You'll be hard pressed to find a course that has so many different landscapes on one course. I'm not sure if they will allow a same day replay but if you can get 36 the same day, I'd go for it.<br />
    <br />
    Here is a link to a well written review by a very knowledgeable person, Brad Klein from Golfweek.<br />
    <br />
    [url=&quot;http://www.golfweek.com/news/2010/jun/15/raters-notebook-patriot-golf-club/&quot;]My link[/url]
    Posted:
  • SMcGavin1SMcGavin1 Members  119WRX Points: 36Handicap: +0.5Posts: 119 Bunkers
    Anyone know if this is still their policy? Any tee times open to the public? Would love to get up there and play it.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • PuttLeftHitRightPuttLeftHitRight Members  2279WRX Points: 105Posts: 2,279 Platinum Tees
    Would like to know about the public tee times as well.
    Posted:
  • adamjstladamjstl Members  566WRX Points: 46Handicap: 2.6Posts: 566 Golden Tee
    Very nice course. Everyone in our group of four preferred it over Southern Hills.
    Posted:
  • garzargarzar Members  47WRX Points: 91Posts: 47 Bunkers

On -, @adamjstl said:

Very nice course. Everyone in our group of four preferred it over Southern Hills.

Seriously? It is nice but better than SH? Not in my book.

Posted:
  • okie21okie21 Members  182WRX Points: 38Handicap: 6Posts: 182 Fairways

On -, @garzar said:

On -, @adamjstl said:

Seriously? It is nice but better than SH? Not in my book.

They are 2 totally different courses, built in opposite styles, 60+ years apart. You'd be insane not to enjoy both of them in their own right, but I can see where some might prefer the Patriot over SH.

Has anyone done the guest visit lately?

Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 10 deg (Oban Kiyoshi White 04)
    Ping G400 17 deg (Oban Kiyoshi White 04)
    Titleist 818 H2 19 deg (Evenflow Blue S)
    Ping i500 4-PW (2 deg weak, DG S300)
    Vokey SM7 52 deg Jet Black (DG Onyx S400)
    Vokey SM7 56 deg Jet Black (DG Wedge flex)
    Vokey SM7 60 deg Jet Black (KBS C Taper Lite S) all wedges same length as GW
    Scotty 2018 Newport 3, Custom Shop, std length and lie
    Vice Pro Plus
  • dlygrissedlygrisse KansasMembers  13908WRX Points: 1,467Handicap: 8-ishPosts: 13,908 Titanium Tees

I’ve played it. It’s really cool for many reasons. The Folds of Honor headquarters is there. The first hole is one of the coolest first shots ever. Yes at 1:00 play stops for Taps there is a large flag which can be seen throughout the course. All 18 holes are nice, with a lot of elevation change going from low areas to some very scenic views.
    Tremendous experience. I don’t know policies as I was with a member.

Posted:
    I pick 14 of the following:
    Ping G400
    Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood
    Callaway Apex 23*
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, 58 SS
    Grips NDMC +4
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Hoofer
    ProV1x-mostly
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.