2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Seemore Putters

hammerheel

I've been playing golf for a year now and I have decided it's time to upgrade my Hippos. My next club to be replaced is the putter. I've done some research and I found the Seemore putter. Personally, I think the RST is amazing and in theory, you will have the perfect stroke every time. I'm having a hard time understanding why these putters don't own the market. Does everyone except me have the perfect putting stroke? I was interested in what you guys think about Seemore putters and RST. It seems to me if the stroke it perfect every time, you can count on the ball going exactly where you want it to go every time. I must be missing something here. Opinions?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the SeeMore DB4 gun metal putter, CS I believe is the model, and it is great. The straight shafted models have the full RST and the new DB4's are considered half RST but it works very well. Great customer service and very underrated putters. I had a mallet from them too and liked it but always liked the Anser style putters so when they came out with DB4 it was no brainer. Great feel also, best I have tried.

[quote name='hammerheel' date='10 June 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1276219343' post='2501887']
Personally, I think the RST is amazing and in theory, you will have the perfect stroke every time. I'm having a hard time understanding why these putters don't own the market. Does everyone except me have the perfect putting stroke? I was interested in what you guys think about Seemore putters and RST. It seems to me if the stroke it perfect every time, you can count on the ball going exactly where you want it to go every time. I must be missing something here. Opinions?
[/quote]

I am not bashing Seemore putters, but I think you hit it on the head when you said [b][u]theory[/u][/b]. In theory if you are aligned correctly to your chosen line, hit the ball at the proper speed for the selected line, and make the perfect stroke the ball will go in the hole. Obviously the seemore only helps with one of those and I think it only easily measures part of the stroke which is the end. It does not tell you easily if the club is open or closed at impact. I think watching the putter in the back and through stroke is not beneficial to the stroke and the putter is moving to fast at impact to tell if you have the red dot hidden.

[quote name='nosil' date='10 June 2010 - 08:32 PM' timestamp='1276219941' post='2501913']
[quote name='hammerheel' date='10 June 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1276219343' post='2501887']
Personally, I think the RST is amazing and in theory, you will have the perfect stroke every time. I'm having a hard time understanding why these putters don't own the market. Does everyone except me have the perfect putting stroke? I was interested in what you guys think about Seemore putters and RST. It seems to me if the stroke it perfect every time, you can count on the ball going exactly where you want it to go every time. I must be missing something here. Opinions?
[/quote]

I am not bashing Seemore putters, but I think you hit it on the head when you said [b][u]theory[/u][/b]. In theory if you are aligned correctly to your chosen line, hit the ball at the proper speed for the selected line, and make the perfect stroke the ball will go in the hole. Obviously the seemore only helps with one of those and I think it only easily measures part of the stroke which is the end. It does not tell you easily if the club is open or closed at impact. I think watching the putter in the back and through stroke is not beneficial to the stroke and the putter is moving to fast at impact to tell if you have the red dot hidden.
[/quote]

It just seems that it has the leg up to all other putters because it eliminates one variable in the stroke. It will always be dependent on the user to have the right speed and line. There isn't a putter that you can program break... yet.

Seemore are fine, but 1) the head shape is just not something I like and 2) what it allows you to do it not really that difficult to dow tiha nother putter. It really does nothing to help your stroke. You still need to make the stroke and the dot does nothing to help make the stroke. It doesn't hurt, but IMO it doesn't really help at all either.

As for someone like a touring pro who no matter what putter they might use can pretty much put a consistent stroke on the ball every single time, a seemore more than likely wouldn't shave any strokes off their game.. Now, as for a beginner or someone trying to get some consistency in their game, like you, I believe the seemore line does help.. I agree with the above post that it doesn't help speed or help you make a perfect stroke every time, but what the RST does do is 1) Help you place your ball in the same spot in your stance time after time 2) Place your hands in the same place time after time 3) With the red dot hidden at address you know your putter is square at address. All 3 of those things are essential to putting consistently.. Like I said, it is a putter, and it isn't a cure all for putting problems, but for a beginner, I believe a seemore putter will help build a consistent stroke..

Ping G430 LST 9* w/ HZRDUS Gen4 Black 60 X 
TaylorMade 300 Mini Driver 11.5* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 TX

Ping G425 Max 20.5* @ 19* w/ Aldila Rogue White 80 X 
Mizuno JPX-923 Forged 4, Tour 5-PW w/ DG TI X100

Titleist Vokey SM8 50*, 54*, 58* w/ DG TI S400 
Directed Force 2.1 Broomstick 

Titleist Left Dash Pro V1x 

[quote name='mac94' date='10 June 2010 - 08:51 PM' timestamp='1276221107' post='2501971']
Seemore are fine, but 1) the head shape is just not something I like and 2) what it allows you to do it not really that difficult to dow tiha nother putter. It really does nothing to help your stroke. You still need to make the stroke and the dot does nothing to help make the stroke. It doesn't hurt, but IMO it doesn't really help at all either.
[/quote]

Unless you are a pro who practices putting for hours and therefore knows they will set up properly and squarely everytime they putt, I would suggest you give SeeMore a try. I'm a 6 handicapper and I never realized how out of position I can get when putting without even knowing it. The SeeMore RST proved to me over and over again when I first switched to it that I was very incosistent with my set up/address. To now know that when I'm set up squarely EVERYTIME I stand over a putt, provides much more confidence and better results because it helps me to hit my putts where I intend to.

To the OP, unfortunately the help stops after setup becaue the putter can't force you to make a good stroke. But, it can certainly get you in the position to make a good stroke.

I may be biased (have had one since Payne was still playing), but the SeeMore is possibly one of the better putters out there for people that struggle putting. I've owned over 20 different ones, and currently have it pared down to 4. The Scotty Squareback is in the bag, but anytime I get out of sync, the SeeMore always fixes it. I'd give them a shot if I were you. If you don't like it, sell it and buy something else. You won't find better customer service anywhere though.

[quote name='doublebogey2' date='14 June 2010 - 11:34 AM' timestamp='1276533250' post='2508138']
I was also thinking about trying out a seemore. i dont like a straight shafted putter and that seems, thats whast the majority of these are. Anyone playing a seemore with a shaft bend?
[/quote]

[url="http://www.seemore.com/products/product/db4-cs-gunmetal/"]http://www.seemore.com/products/product/db4-cs-gunmetal/[/url]

I can't stress enough how good these putters are. Like the above poster, I have never putted as good as I do now...so much so that I own 3, all FGPs.

You can get the cheapest one and it still performs like the top models, I actually like the bronze one a lot. Last few points, if you do want to buy one don't hesitate to email those guys, easily the best customer service I've ever dealt with. Next, if you have some extra change I would buy the Pat O'Brien dvd (or just read all his blog posts patobriengolf.com) because it really helps to have the fundamentals and setup down with this putter. For example, they consider a forward press a 'swing flaw', that took me a little while to get used to, but then I did and made everything. Lastly, I would try to get to some golf shop to make sure you have the length and lie correct before you order one, you can use any putter system once you have the basic grip down from PO'B to get the proper fit (but if you do need to adjust email the guys and they can explain, its a little different than normal putters).

Ha, and I swear I am not sponsored by these guys, the products/service are just that good.

Seemore's are very underrated in my opinion. The milled ones feel as good as anything on the market. I gamed the original Black FGP off and on for over a year, tried nearly everything on the market, and kept coming back to it. I was anxiously awaiting the DB4, but decided not to mess with what works, and recently ordered a new FGP2 made out of Carbon Steel. Softest putter I have ever used. The RST works, for me it takes one last thought out of the process. I pick my line, set up, and stroke it. I found with other putters I would always get figity (spelling?) over the ball, wondering if the face was square or this and that, and always found myself off to the side working on my stroke and set-up. Since I switched 100% to the Seemore and to Pat O'Brien's set-up I dont have that problem. I think that is the main reason I putt better with it, Im much much more relaxed on the greens.

TM Mini 300 11.5 Ventus TR Blue 6

Rogue ST LS 3HL Ventus Blue 7

Epic Super Hybrid 20* Ventus HB 8

Srixon ZX MKII Utility 23* Recoil Dart 90

Srixon ZX5 5-6 Steelfiber i95

Srixon ZX7 7-AW Steelfiber i95

Edel SMS 56* V Grind Steelfiber i95

Vokey SM8 60* M grind Steelfiber i95
LAB Mezz 

I got fitted for my SeeMore SB2 last week and I have had 3 rounds of golf since I put the SeeMore in play. I am now 13 for 15 inside 10 feet. I don't believe that equipment will make you a better golfer, unless you practice correctly and diligently with the correct equipment.

The SeeMore putter will work for everyone. Get one and get Pat O'Brien's DVD and put in diligent practice and get fitted for the correct putter...it will work for your game too.

Zach Johnson is widely regarded as one of the best putters on the PGA tour and he gives a majority of the credit to his putter and his putting coach. He doesn't get paid a dime to endorse or use his SeeMore.

Titleist TSi3 w/Oban Kiyoshi White 6X 
Titleist TSi2 15 degree w/Accra TZ6 75 M5

Titleist TSi2 21 degree w/Accra TZ6 75 M5 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 w/KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard

Srixon ZX7 7-PW w/KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard
Titleist Vokey SM8 Raw 50/54/58 KBS TGI 110 (SS 1x) @1/2" over standard
Toulon Las Vegas custom w/BGT Tour 

Zach Johnson PGA Tour 2010 putting statistics:

Inside 5 feet - rank 128th
5 to 10 feet - rank 24th
10 to 15 feet - rank 73rd
15 to 20 feet - rank 119th.

It's interesting how perception sometimes varies from reality.

[i]The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind. -Bob Dylan[/i]
[i]Everything is dust in the wind. -Kansas[/i]

I'd consider the notes from Crowne Plaza before I'd write him off as an average putter, esp the back nine on Sunday part.

"Johnson ranked first in greens in regulation, finding all but 11, and tied for 10th in fairways hit with 39 of 56. He needed just 26 putts on Sunday, and he was tied for first in the distance of putts made – thanks in part to the birdie putts of 10, 22, 22, 25 and 14 feet he made on the back nine"

I don't think you can argue when he gets hot there aren't many better.

[quote name='502 to Right' date='15 June 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1276654540' post='2512130']
RST assures that you start from same putting position every time. That's it. It does not help during the stroke.

Also, the designs are terrible. The feel is terrible.

The FGP has to be one of the worst feeling putters I've ever used. Terrible MOI too.
[/quote]

Feel is terrible? Have you tried anything other then the basic brass FGP? I have the new MFGP2 made out of Carbon Steel, and it feels as good as any putter I have ever rolled. I have heard the same thing about the milled stainless series as well. I agree the design of the FGP isnt for everyone, but the newer designs, DB4 especially, appeal to a much larger group. Personally I hated the original FGP design, but it worked for my stroke, tried everything from Cameron's to Rife to Taylor Made to Odyssey, and just kept coming back.

LAB Mezz 

Why does the actions of a Pro Golfer influence your purchase of a putter? Will you ever putt like any of them? Only if you quit your day job or have the ability to forgo sleep. Putting is the one aspect in golf that is 100% personal, it reflects what sets up best to your eye, feels great in your hand and promotes confidence. There should be no camps, play with what works, not with what you think is cool or is on TV. I recently bought a Seemore stick and I think they have a great batch of products that take one of the major issues out of the mental aspect of putting. I also game a SC button back Circle T, it is a great stick but I have lost all feel with it. Should I continue to use it because all the tour pro's do?

Should I worry about using Miura irons because no one on the tour does?

Feel is subjective, no one can tell another what feel is. One guy could putt with a 2 x 4 and another could putt with a baseball bat. Another issue I see, is that guys give up with out enough time with a flat stick, they expect an instant miracle. It could take several rounds to figure out pace. Play with what makes you happy, a positive attitude will sink more putts. Or at least allow you to accept you gave it your best attempt.

[quote name='JasonZ' date='16 June 2010 - 12:17 PM' timestamp='1276705077' post='2513174']
Why does the actions of a Pro Golfer influence your purchase of a putter? Will you ever putt like any of them? Only if you quit your day job or have the ability to forgo sleep. Putting is the one aspect in golf that is 100% personal, it reflects what sets up best to your eye, feels great in your hand and promotes confidence. There should be no camps, play with what works, not with what you think is cool or is on TV. I recently bought a Seemore stick and I think they have a great batch of products that take one of the major issues out of the mental aspect of putting. I also game a SC button back Circle T, it is a great stick but I have lost all feel with it. Should I continue to use it because all the tour pro's do?

Should I worry about using Miura irons because no one on the tour does?

Feel is subjective, no one can tell another what feel is. One guy could putt with a 2 x 4 and another could putt with a baseball bat. Another issue I see, is that guys give up with out enough time with a flat stick, they expect an instant miracle. It could take several rounds to figure out pace. Play with what makes you happy, a positive attitude will sink more putts. Or at least allow you to accept you gave it your best attempt.
[/quote]

Well said...

LAB Mezz 

[quote name='502 to Right' date='15 June 2010 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1276654540' post='2512130']
RST assures that you start from same putting position every time. That's it. It does not help during the stroke.

The FGP has to be one of the worst feeling putters I've ever used. Terrible MOI too.
[/quote]

I must say that I think you may be the first person I've ever heard say the feel is "terrible". If you have only tried the standard brass FGP I'm not sure you're giving it much of a chance. Not sure how you can say that about an entire line of putters when you're basing it on your experience with the basic model of their putters. I don't know of anyone who has ever tried their milled putters that said it felt "terrible."

[quote name='volrus' date='17 June 2010 - 04:47 AM' timestamp='1276714040' post='2513510']
[quote name='502 to Right' date='15 June 2010 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1276654540' post='2512130']

[/quote]

I must say that I think you may be the first person I've ever heard say the feel is "terrible". If you have only tried the standard brass FGP I'm not sure you're giving it much of a chance. Not sure how you can say that about an entire line of putters when you're basing it on your experience with the basic model of their putters. I don't know of anyone who has ever tried their milled putters that said it felt "terrible."
[/quote]

502 is to be ignored, rarely does he offer anything positive or of any relevance whatsoever. On the other hand, Volrus, I always read your post about Seemore with some interest. I think that it is very cool that a putter company that struggled for years is getting the acclaim they deserve and I am happy to see that there is so much interest on this board regarding the Seemore offerings.

BTW, I love my mFGP2 and have used/owned a mFGP that has been sold to another board member. While "feel" is defintily subjective
, you really have to wonder about someone who says they these putters have terrible feel.

I am currently considering a Seemore. I tried the original FGP and liked it, but never stuck with it even though I am a BIG fan of Pat O'Brien's putting and teaching methods.

I'm contemplating a MFGP2 or an SB-1. Does anyone have any experience with either putter? The only thing I'm not sure about is the weight. 330g for the MFGP2 is a little light for my preference. Is there anything that can be done to increase the headweight?

[quote name='Eagle006' date='16 June 2010 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1276722016' post='2513790']
I am currently considering a Seemore. I tried the original FGP and liked it, but never stuck with it even though I am a BIG fan of Pat O'Brien's putting and teaching methods.

I'm contemplating a MFGP2 or an SB-1. Does anyone have any experience with either putter? The only thing I'm not sure about is the weight. 330g for the MFGP2 is a little light for my preference. Is there anything that can be done to increase the headweight?
[/quote]

I have one of their new MFGP2 Carbon Steel putters and LOVE it. They are not on the website yet but are $295 retail with a 335 gram head. I switched from the FGP to it, both were custom ordered direct from Seemore with 340 gram headweight. There is no upcharge for the headweight change. Give Ted a call at Seemore, great to work with.

[attachment=611465:DSCN3540.JPG]

[attachment=611466:DSCN3542.JPG]

LAB Mezz 

[quote name='chamgel2' date='16 June 2010 - 07:43 PM' timestamp='1276735437' post='2514244']
[quote name='Eagle006' date='16 June 2010 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1276722016' post='2513790']

[/quote]

I have one of their new MFGP2 Carbon Steel putters and LOVE it. They are not on the website yet but are $295 retail with a 335 gram head. I switched from the FGP to it, both were custom ordered direct from Seemore with 340 gram headweight. There is no upcharge for the headweight change. Give Ted a call at Seemore, great to work with.

[attachment=611465:DSCN3540.JPG]

[attachment=611466:DSCN3542.JPG]

[/quote]

Ted is who I usually work with as well. He is a PGA Professional and knows what he's talking about. Very responsive and very helpful. If you can, go see them in Franklin you'll be impressed by their staff and their willingness to help out. I took a putting lesson from Ted and it has been very helpful. He of couse teaches Pat O'Brien's method.