Some of the downsides owning a Cameron Circle T....

LYG

My view -- what do you think?
Don't shoot me....a proud Cameron Circle T 009 owner.

Here is what I deal with....what do you think:

1. You cannot leave your putter in your bag when you get a coke in the clubhouse. (Best to have club upside down in the bag, so it cannot be seen.)

2. You cannot leave your clubs at the bag drop...and the bagboy takes the clubs to the first tee.

3. You SURE should not use your Circle T headcover.

4. People say "wow, where did you get that?" Then, do you admit you spent $1,500 for it on Golfwrx?

THOUGHTS?

Lawson

TM M2 driver (2016)
TM M2 3 and 5 woods (2017)
PXG 19 degree
Mizuno MP 25, 4-9 (about to change)
Miura CB-57 PW
Miura wedges, 53 and 59, Y grind
1964/5 Wilson 8813

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive owned a couple CT's and never took them to the course except the one I belonged too. Never had a problem at my home club. I have left my bag on the bag drop at other clubs and no one has ever touched my limited head covers.

I think if you are that afraid of those things, it shouldn't be in the bag. Just my opinion.

LOL, to be honest most people have no clue what a Circle T and I travel all over the world with mine. I leave it with the door man, bag boys and it sits in my bag in plain site. Those that do, give it respect.
With that being said, I never leave my clubs over night in a bag room or in a hotel storage. They stay with me in my room. This comes from experience with breakage, not theft.

Mine is insured for the purchase price, which was 4500.00

[quote name='JasonZ' date='22 July 2010 - 10:48 AM' timestamp='1279810084' post='2592350']
[/quote]

$4,500 !!! Dayum!

I've paid less for cars!

I would absolutely use a generic head-cover and never let it out of my sight.

X________________________________ Sign Here

[quote name='Hateto3Putt' date='22 July 2010 - 11:10 AM' timestamp='1279811453' post='2592400']
[quote name='JasonZ' date='22 July 2010 - 10:48 AM' timestamp='1279810084' post='2592350']
[/quote]

$4,500 !!! Dayum!

I've paid less for cars!

I would absolutely use a generic head-cover and never let it out of my sight.
[/quote]

It wasn't just a run of the mill Circle T, it has some history :)
I stopped using it 2 months ago, the magic went away and I went to a mallet. It sits in my locker. I feel bad leaving it there, but I couldn't sink a putt any more.

The HC issue is no big deal, they get beat up so quick, you can't tell the circle t from a regular one unless you really, really look.

I get more comments on my Miura's then I ever did on the SC.

Seems most people are just golfers, few are club ho's :)

I have a CT 009 as well.. a simple solution would be to buy another so you have 2 just in case something happens to one :man_in_love:

Just kidding.. I was like that for a few days once I got it, but as slapjax said if you shouldn't bag it if you're that paranoid about your putter.. I definitely take precautions depending on where I am playing and also keep an eye on my clubs when I'm not around them.

My problem is, the 009 is not the most expensive thing in my bag ;)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

I can agree with you for the most part. I gamed a Pro-Platinum 009 for about a year and I can say that I was much more careful about leaving my bag sitting out. I never used a Circle T headcover as I didn't want to draw any attention to the putter by possible thieves.

To be honest though, I am just as careful with all of my putters. From my Copper DH89 to my Scotty Laguna that I am currently gaming, I would be sick if any of those were taken, not becuase of the cost to replace, but because most of my putters are older or unique and would be difficult to replace.

[quote name='Pure745' date='22 July 2010 - 11:30 AM' timestamp='1279812644' post='2592443']
I have a CT 009 as well.. a simple solution would be to buy another so you have 2 just in case something happens to one :man_in_love:

Just kidding.. I was like that for a few days once I got it, but as slapjax said if you shouldn't bag it if you're that paranoid about your putter.. I definitely take precautions depending on where I am playing and also keep an eye on my clubs when I'm not around them.

My problem is, the 009 is not the most expensive thing in my bag ;)
[/quote]

Can we be friends?

:)
Some of us need a place to stay when our wives kick us out of the house for this horrible habit.

You know you have a problem when you need a locker just for your shoes.
You know you have a problem when your walk in closet is dedicated to golf clothes.

You know you really have a problem when your clubs are worth more then your wine cellar LOL

[quote name='JasonZ' date='22 July 2010 - 08:44 AM' timestamp='1279813452' post='2592475']
[quote name='Pure745' date='22 July 2010 - 11:30 AM' timestamp='1279812644' post='2592443']I have a CT 009 as well.. a simple solution would be to buy another so you have 2 just in case something happens to one :man_in_love: Just kidding.. I was like that for a few days once I got it, but as slapjax said if you shouldn't bag it if you're that paranoid about your putter.. I definitely take precautions depending on where I am playing and also keep an eye on my clubs when I'm not around them.My problem is, the 009 is not the most expensive thing in my bag ;)[/quote]Can we be friends? :)Some of us need a place to stay when our wives kick us out of the house for this horrible habit.You know you have a problem when you need a locker just for your shoes.You know you have a problem when your walk in closet is dedicated to golf clothes.You know you really have a problem when your clubs are worth more then your wine cellar LOL
[/quote]

LOL definitely :drinks:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

I own a CT and have yet to use it at the course. Eventually, I will take it out, but I currently use a 34/340 mil spec and I won't leave it when I go into the proshop. Just read too many stories about people's clubs getting snagged and I have just gotten cautious. It is a sad time when you play a game that is supposed to be played with integrity and you have to worry about leaving your clubs outside the proshop.

That is one of the many reasons I got out of the Cameron scene. I remember having a few CT's, I stopped practicing because I didn't want it to depreciate.

Not neccessarily a Cameron hater, I've owned many CT's, just stating my opinion on the situation and giving a reason why I don't collect them anymore.

Ping G430 10.5 1k blue 65x
Titleist TS2 16.5* DI7x

Titleist TS2 21* DI8x
Ping Blueprint 4-PW x100
Ping s159 50/56/60*

LAB Mezz Max

I got my Scotty Tour Issue for free in 2001 and I am still very careful when it is in the bag and at certain places. I would say though if it got stolen I would be an unhappy lad. It has a tremendous amount of sentimental value and to have that taken away by a common thief would be rather irritating.

But at the end of the day it is just a golf club. While it would not be original one, I am sure I could talk to someone and get something to replace it that was close enough.

Driver: TM M4 Tour Issue
3W: Rogue
Hybrid: TEE
Irons: Callaway Apex Pro
54, 58 TM MG tour issue raw
Putter: PXG Gunboat H

I understand what you are saying...a few years ago, I bought a $300 putter and all I did was worry about it, baby it, etc. Was the worst time I've ever had golfing....really just a waste of time so I got rid of it. Since then, I've been able to control some of the fear. I take some precautions...like leaving the bag where I can see it....and if I don't feel comfortable leaving my putter with the club drop, I just take it with me. Then again, I take care of most of my things....I never leave my keys, wallet, GPS, etc....in the cart at the turn....and I also pull the rain cover up over my clubs (and putter) just to keep wandering eyes/hands out.

I would love to have a Circle T sometime, and wouldn't even mind shelling out the cash for it. However, it would have to fit me exactly and be exactly what I'm looking for in a putter. Even if its a gold plated Circle T, if I can't roll it as well as my other putters its of no value to me. I'm not even sure where to get something like a Circle T putter. I'm assuming normal people can't get them made through the custom shop?

Unless a person is lucky enough to get fitted for a Circle T putter at the Studio, all a person is paying for is a refined putter and some stamps. Some people love Circle T putters and collect them. That's great. However, I would rather pay for a Byron Morgan DH89 at 1/4 of the price. You get just as good of a putter, maybe better because you can have Byron Morgan customize it to your specification. I am not going to be able to get the Studio to customize a Circle T putter for me ... ever.

Byron Morgan, David Mills, George Palombi are some of several putter designers/manufacturers that offer a custom fitting solution for a fraction of the cost of a Circle T putter. I could care less about stamps because stamps do not sink the ball in the hole in less strokes.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

I've had an 009 and I watched my clubs like a hawk even before that. But when you have a putter that is $2500 you are a little more anal about it. I've have tons of Cameron and Mills and always treated them the same and looked after them like a mother only would. :lol: Putter is one club I will not throw! Since it probably 3x more than any other club in the bag. The looks I get from the wifey when take the putter out to clean and spray it are priceless. :black eye:
I would never let my clubs out of sight and if I played with others we would have someone stay to keep a watch on our clubs. I never would leave my bag at club drop and would rather carry them with me to the car. I had to drop them off I would make sure they came around so I could get to them quickly as possible. I'm not one that used old or blank headcovers. I would use my favorite Cameron or Mills covers and be happy to show and talk to others about them.

The most anxiety I have is flying with my clubs.... scares the crap out of me everytime I fly with them. Running to the unloader or desk as soon as we get off the plane isn't amusing to the wifey! Almost need a drink after I get them to calm myself down! :cheesy:

[quote name='johndeere10' date='22 July 2010 - 01:59 PM' timestamp='1279821586' post='2592778']
I've had an 009 and I watched my clubs like a hawk even before that. But when you have a putter that is $2500 you are a little more anal about it. I've have tons of Cameron and Mills and always treated them the same and looked after them like a mother only would. :lol: Putter is one club I will not throw! Since it probably 3x more than any other club in the bag. The looks I get from the wifey when take the putter out to clean and spray it are priceless. :black eye:
I would never let my clubs out of sight and if I played with others we would have someone stay to keep a watch on our clubs. I never would leave my bag at club drop and would rather carry them with me to the car. I had to drop them off I would make sure they came around so I could get to them quickly as possible. I'm not one that used old or blank headcovers. I would use my favorite Cameron or Mills covers and be happy to show and talk to others about them.

The most anxiety I have is flying with my clubs.... scares the crap out of me everytime I fly with them. Running to the unloader or desk as soon as we get off the plane isn't amusing to the wifey! Almost need a drink after I get them to calm myself down! :cheesy:
[/quote]

Use FedEX, get insurance!
Never, ever fly with an expensive bag. You'll regret it. Airlines toss those bags around like they are worth nothing, they kick em, toss heavy things on em and have no respect for them. FedEX doesn't break clubs if it is packed right, ship overnight and pay the fees.

[quote name='kekoa' date='22 July 2010 - 12:38 PM' timestamp='1279820313' post='2592734']
Its relative, but i can only see one downfall to owning a tour putter and that's the cost. :). I have no problem taking my bag everywhere I go whether it be the restroom, snack bar, etc.....

I'm by no means a collector so I game everything I have.
[/quote]

:friends:

What he said.

[quote name='farmer' date='22 July 2010 - 05:11 PM' timestamp='1279843882' post='2593504']
This will expose my lack of knowledge to all Scotty fans, but what is a Circle T? Is it a genuine Scottymade, tour only or what?
[/quote]

Yes...it is a "tour only" putter....but nowadays alot of them never make it to the tour...they go to distributors etc...

I have to CT 009s....I dinged the crap out of one the other day and I nearly sharted myself when I did..that would be one downside....what would just be another war wound of a $200 dollar putter, this was sickening, it was my fault but it still hurt me that I did it.

Both of mine play to the same characteristics/specs....one with a site dot and one naked....I switch between the two every now and again since they have completely different feels...one is Oil Can and one is Charcoal Mist.

Anyways, I dont get too worked up about watching them every second...and I insured both for full replacement value just for that peace of mind.

Why do I own them?....I really like the feel...and I really like the "zip" I get out of looking at them and knowing what they are. Other than that, I rarely get comments on the putter and get way more comments on my Scratch Irons and Wedges.....

Epic Project X LZ 6.0
Epic 15* Project X LZ 6.0
19* and 23* Titleist 916H2
2018 X-Forged Proj X 5-P
MD3 50, 54, 58
PXG Dagger

I have my SC CT and I'm fairly anal about it. But I still don't get over paranoid about it. Like someone above said, most don't know what a CT is. I use a studio stainless CT headcover, so it's not obviously and I usually always have the "CT" logo facing inward when it's in the bag. But yes, I watch my bag like a damned hawk LOL