2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

SRIXON AD333

Longdriver295

Could be my next best ball
I have been playing Bridgestones E7 for the past month and half. I picked up some ad333 other day because ive heard alot of good stuff about them. All i can say is WOW! This ball is amazing for a soft 2 piece ball. I thought i would lose distance due to my SS which is around 105 at 95% 110 when i go at it. But to my surprise the ad333 went only about 5-10 yds shorter than the E7. But distance is not a problem for me what i liked about the ball was how much spin it had around the green and approach shots. I can spin this ball back a foot or so with my short irons. Chips will hit check and roll out just a tad. This may very well be my new ball of choice. Has anyone else played this ball and see the benefits that im seeing?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The AD333 was great when it first came out considering there werent many soft 2-piece surlyn balls that could spin, but now there are many other offerings (especially the Callaway Diablo) that have made the AD333 nothing special. I do really like the feel of all the current Srixon balls.

A 10 yard difference off the tee is actually quite a bit when comparing two balls.

[quote name='storm319' timestamp='1279903530' post='2594687']
The AD333 was great when it first came out considering there werent many soft 2-piece surlyn balls that could spin, but now there are many other offerings (especially the Callaway Diablo) that have made the AD333 nothing special. I do really like the feel of all the current Srixon balls.

A 10 yard difference off the tee is actually quite a bit when comparing two balls.
[/quote]

So you think the callaway diablo is better than the ad333. I have not played the callaway. Also i would give up 10 yds in a heartbeat to have a good soft feeling ball around greens and on approach shots. I avg around 290 off the tee so giving up 10 is not all that bad.

[quote name='Longdriver295' timestamp='1279905724' post='2594774']

So you think the callaway diablo is better than the ad333. I have not played the callaway. Also i would give up 10 yds in a heartbeat to have a good soft feeling ball around greens and on approach shots. I avg around 290 off the tee so giving up 10 is not all that bad.
[/quote]

The Diablo has a softer cover so it may spin alittle more (not drastic), but they are fairly comparable overall.

If you have a 110ss, average 290 off the tee, yet feel and spin around the green is most important...why are you playing a low compression 2-piece surlyn ball?

[quote name='storm319' timestamp='1279907939' post='2594855']
[quote name='Longdriver295' timestamp='1279905724' post='2594774']
[/quote]

The Diablo has a softer cover so it may spin alittle more (not drastic), but they are fairly comparable overall.

If you have a 110ss, average 290 off the tee, yet feel and spin around the green is most important...why are you playing a low compression 2-piece surlyn ball?
[/quote]

Im not playing the ball im curently playing the E7 and srixon Z star which both are 3 piece. The ad333 just surprised me with the performance i got from it at $20
a dozen!! The z star is best by far i just cant justify 40 a dozen when some of the 2 piece 20 a dozen balls are pretty close!

[quote name='Longdriver295' timestamp='1279908630' post='2594874']

Im not playing the ball im curently playing the E7 and srixon Z star which both are 3 piece. The ad333 just surprised me with the performance i got from it at $20
a dozen!! The z star is best by far i just cant justify 40 a dozen when some of the 2 piece 20 a dozen balls are pretty close!
[/quote]

Have you tried the Trispeed Tour? Closer to its respective company's premium ball than any other mid/low priced ball. Its also the highest spinning non-urethane ball I have tried. Barely a difference from the ZStar aside from spin on shorter shots around the green.

I have been promoting the Srixon AD333 for a year now. For me, I get long distances off the tee and a bounce once and stop, on the green. The Pro V1 does the same thing (for me) at twice the cost.

Coincidently, I have been playing the E7 lately since the heat/humidity here has been brutal and I get more distance with the E7 and the same check up on the green.

[/quote]

Diablo ? It's cheap junk and a rock. Golf Galaxy is even giving them away to there Advantage Club
Members.
Also, testing data has repeatedly proven that there no 10 yard flight difference between any legal golf ball.

[quote name='Cornbread' timestamp='1279973408' post='2596056']
[/quote]

Diablo ? It's cheap junk and a rock. Golf Galaxy is even giving them away to there Advantage Club
Members.
Also, testing data has repeatedly proven that there no 10 yard flight difference between any legal golf ball.
[/quote]

As usual your opinion with no support. GBT.com tested overall compression and cover hardness for over 100 balls this year. The Diablo had the 2nd lowest compression (only behind the Precept Lady IQ+) and the softest cover of all non-urethane balls. Golf Galaxy gave them away at ONE of their Advantage Club Events because that is what Callaway donated for the event. The last event gave away Bridgestone, Nike, Srixon, and Titleist balls in each gift bag. They give away whatever their vendors donate for the event not what they have sitting on the shelf.

Golf Magazine did a ball test to compare driver distances in 2008 and found nearly a 20 yard difference between the longest ball (TM Black LDP) and the shortest (Nike One Platinum). Differences in distance are very dependent on the individual swing and though it is unlikely that most people would find this drastic of a difference, it is possible.

[quote name='Longdriver295' timestamp='1279896624' post='2594454']
I have been playing Bridgestones E7 for the past month and half. I picked up some ad333 other day because ive heard alot of good stuff about them. All i can say is WOW! This ball is amazing for a soft 2 piece ball. I thought i would lose distance due to my SS which is around 105 at 95% 110 when i go at it. But to my surprise the ad333 went only about 5-10 yds shorter than the E7. But distance is not a problem for me what i liked about the ball was how much spin it had around the green and approach shots. I can spin this ball back a foot or so with my short irons. Chips will hit check and roll out just a tad. This may very well be my new ball of choice. Has anyone else played this ball and see the benefits that im seeing?
[/quote]

I found one of these in the rough last weekend and played a few holes with it. I agree, its a very good ball and I'm going to pick up a sleeve. I've been playing the NXT Tour.

I usually play the Trispeed (regular and tour versions) as my normal gamer, but agree that the AD333 is a top performer in the 2 piece ball. I would like to try the Cally Diablo for a comparison to the AD333 sometime. I have found when I played the AD333, I would get very good distance and still have good short game results around the green and a nice ball to putt.

[quote name='storm319' timestamp='1280148011' post='2599420']
Golf Magazine did a ball test to compare driver distances in 2008 and found nearly a 20 yard difference between the longest ball (TM Black LDP) and the shortest (Nike One Platinum). Differences in distance are very dependent on the individual swing and though it is unlikely that most people would find this drastic of a difference, it is possible.
[/quote]

I think you hit the nail on the head with this one. If we all swang like Iron Byron, there would be less difference between balls. But for those who hit with too much spin (side or back), or those who have slower swing speeds, there can be a difference between balls. Sometimes a surprising difference.

And considering the OP's stated swing speed, I find it surprising that he only lost 10 yds with the AD333. Generally long hitters get much better results with a harder ball they can compress.

Me, I used the AD333 all fall, and I love it in the cold weather (sub 40) when the ball doesn't want to get up, and can feel a bit hard. But I've never had the success in spinning it, especially around the green. When chipping and pitching, I find nothing compares to a urethane ball like a Z-Star or a Callaway tour i.

D -  TM Stealth+ Kuro Kage 5th Gen 60g S

4W - Ping Anser TFC S

3H - Ping Anser TFC S

4-PW W/S D7 Forged KBS $ Taper Lite S
48* W - Cleveland Zipcore RTX 6 DGS S

54* W - Cleveland Zipcore RTX 6 DGS S

60* W - Cleveland Zipcore RTX 6 DGS S

Putter - 22 TM Spider X Short Slant Hydroblast

Srixon Z-Star - Yellow
10.7 Hdcp (CPGA) 

[quote name='storm319' timestamp='1280148011' post='2599420']
[quote name='Cornbread' timestamp='1279973408' post='2596056']
[/quote]

Diablo ? Golf Galaxy is even giving them away to there Advantage Club
Members.
[/quote]

As usual your opinion with no support. GBT.com tested overall compression and cover hardness for over 100 balls this year. The Diablo had the 2nd lowest compression (only behind the Precept Lady IQ+) and the softest cover of all non-urethane balls. Golf Galaxy gave them away at ONE of their Advantage Club Events because that is what Callaway donated for the event. The last event gave away Bridgestone, Nike, Srixon, and Titleist balls in each gift bag. They give away whatever their vendors donate for the event not what they have sitting on the shelf.

[/quote]

it doesn't even come from the same mfg facility as the Hot Bite, and other HX series balls made in the USA. It a low spin, two piece, cheap single cover ball with a RUBBER core.

As for your statement concerning GBT.com... that site doesn't exist.

I just recently switched over to the Burner TP's. This has to be the best 3 piece value on the market at 2 doz for $40. The ball has a 70 compression according to the box, and it spins nice enough. The cover is not durable at all, but the performance for the money is right. Ive got some Nike Vapor Speeds still left but I dont think ill be re-upping after they run out since the TP's are cheaper.

Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
i20 4-UW
Taylormade TM-110
Cleveland CG14 56 & 60

[quote name='Cornbread' timestamp='1280274767' post='2603040']
As for your statement concerning GBT.com... that site doesn't exist. However [b]a search of the GolfBallTest.com website for Diablo reveals no test results[/b], and states the following (which also disputes your 100 ball claim -made without evidence):
"We have tested over 70+ different golf balls and publish compression measures (sample below). Click [url="http://www.golfballtest.org/wp-content/themes/blixed/pdf/MPI_CompressionHardness_Test_GBSv2.08_FINAL_GBTversion.pdf"][b]HERE[/b][/url] to access the complete compression listing".
[/quote]

The link that you provided is for 2008. The Diablo data is presented in the 2010 test results (see link below).

http://www.golfballselector.com/pdf/GBS_CompressionHardness_Test_010810_v5.10.pdf

[quote name='Cornbread' timestamp='1280274767' post='2603040']

it doesn't even come from the same mfg facility as the Hot Bite, and other HX series balls made in the USA. It a low spin, two piece, cheap single cover ball with a RUBBER core.

As for your statement concerning GBT.com... that site doesn't exist.
[/quote]

Lets take a look at a post you made a few days ago:

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/393697-top-flite-gamer-v2-bait-and-switch/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...ait-and-switch/[/url]

"The products origin has no bearing on quality. To me, it doesn't matter."
~Cornbread

Seems to contradict what you just said. Nearly all solid multilayer balls are made of the same materials (polybutadiene core, surlyn(ionomer) or urethane cover, surlyn mantle) and the Diablo is no different. The Diablo has the thinnest & softest cover, 2nd lowest compression, and largest core of any 2 piece balls (techically this applies to all non-urethane balls as well).
It also had the highest spin rate of all 2-piece non-urethane balls in GD 2010 Hot List test.

As stated above, take a look at the 2010 data (not 2008) and let us know what you learned.

Agree completely. Recently tried out the AD333 and have found it to be a great ball. I can't justify spending the $40 plus for a dozen balls and this ball fits the bill for me. I got some for about $12 a dozen and stocked up. Feels great off all the clubs including putter. I had been playing the Precept Distance IQ 180 but found the Srixon to hold the green on my approach shots a tad better. The Precept feels a little softer off the clubface but the Srixon feels plenty soft enough. I love it.

[quote name='Buddyjay' timestamp='1279964189' post='2595980']
I have been promoting the Srixon AD333 for a year now. For me, I get long distances off the tee and a bounce once and stop, on the green. The Pro V1 does the same thing (for me) at twice the cost.

Coincidently, I have been playing the E7 lately since the heat/humidity here has been brutal and I get more distance with the E7 and the same check up on the green.
[/quote]

Cobra LTDX driver

Cobra LTDX 3 wood

TaylorMade Stealth Irons 4-A

Sub 70 JB Forged 54/58/62

Lock N Roll Putter 

[quote name='IIdiceII' timestamp='1280716458' post='2612408']
[quote name='elrey23' timestamp='1280339156' post='2604299']
Gamer V2. Period. Cheap and I get the same performance I would from a much higher costing golf ball.
[/quote]

+1...fav ball ever.
[/quote]

It really is. I was browsing around EW the other day and they had them for 16.99 and you got a free 3 ball pack, some sort of promotion, and I bought 5 dozen. People usually start a comment about a golf ball like the Gamer V2 with, "for the money" but this golf ball is great, period, regardless of what it costs. The fact that they're cheap is a bonus. There's a stigma attached to playing a ball that says Top Flite on it and I recognize that but I'm past everyone off the tee and around the green it acts like a premium ball, so they can laugh at the Top Flite if they want.