Odyssey Odyssey White Hot XG

We placed milled steel inside our world-famous urethane insert to create Dual Insert Technology. The new White Hot XG gives you the precision and accuracy of milled steel and the feel and distance control of urethane.

What makes this line of Odyssey Putters so deadly on the green is its overwhelming forgiveness and softness. You’ll feel it the instant you wrap your hands around one. You’ll see it the instant you putt.

* Dual Insert Technology with milled stainless steel inside a White Hot urethane insert.

* Lightweight insert positions putter weight deep in the putter head for greater resistance to twisting and increased stability while giving you incredibly soft feel.

* Stainless steel face insert is machine milled for a consistent, flat surface with improved roll and pleasing sound.

* One-line alignment system squares the putter face to help focus sight.

* New anatomic grip design for a secure, soft feel that gives you control without “overgripping.”

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I picked up the 2 ball XG yesterday at Edwin Watts. I walked in asked if they had any 36" putters and expected the same reaction I usually get when I ask if a retailer has any 15w golf shoes...which is typically a hardy laugh from the sales associate followed quickly by standard dejected response of well it was worth a try. Well for once my giant needs were actually met (I am 6'8") they had about 6 Odyssey putters at 36" inches...tried the 2Ball in both white steel and the XG and man the XG was sweet. I bought the XG in a second, nice soft feel with a distinctive click at impact. I drove right to local my practice range and putted for close to two hours...it was nice to have a putter that actually fit and felt great to boot. And seeing it was tax free weekend here in Massachusetts, I saved a few bucks as well.

So long story short, two thumbs up in my opinion.

I was in the market for a new putter. I demo'ed the typical cast of charicters and the Odyssey White Hot XG was one of them.

They have all of your favorite putter shapes and sizes so to find one that suites your eye isn't too difficult. The White Hot XG Insert was also very nice, but when hit back to back with last years White Hot insert the XG felt a little mushy. After 30 mins of putting between a White Hot #1 and a White Hot XG #1, I ended up walking out with the last years White Hot as I thought it felt a bit firmer.

Who knows, maybe it was my imagination but this seems to be a step backwards for the White Hot Line. Still a very nice putter, but last years was a bit better (and now cheaper)

Thanks,

• 4 weeks later...

Decent line of putters. But i agree its maybe a tad soft. I was loving it on fast greens but when i played with it on some slower public type greens I found to be a little soft and switched .

Taylormade M2 - 9.5*
Taylormade M4 - 16.5*
Callaway Steelhead III 21*
Callaway Apex Tour 4-A wedge 
Callaway Mack Daddy 56 & 60
Mcgregor Bobby Grace M5K (lh)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the XG9, the model that was designed for Mickelson. I love the soft feel. This heel shafted model is suited to my stroke, which is more inside the line-to square-to inside the line. Since the heel shafted model is balanced like a wood or an iron I feel like I can release the putter during the stroke and I am lagging better that ever. I have never been good at square to square especially on long putts.

The feel from the face insert is different than any other putters I have used, as is the sound. It is very soft (but not mushy), but there is a little pop to it that is easy to get used to IMO. :drinks:

Definitely a 5.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the #7 a few weeks back. I've only played 1 round, but have made several trips to the putting green. I've actually been playing with insert putters for several years now (just realizing this actually), and this is by far the best feeling insert I've had. The distance control, for me at least, is greatly improved over the orginal white hot insert, and it really shines on the 5 footers (of which I leave myself way too many still).

Love the xg insert when i tried it but the 2 ball xg is only just out here in UK that feels great but not enough to make me swap my old original 2 ball. However i am really interested to know if the 2 ball srt with xg face is out in USA and if it is due to cross the water soon as that looks terrific. Trevor immelman has had one for ages the swine! Balance on srt is awesome but steel insert too hard for me but with xg face mmmmmmm want one now!

• 1 month later...

Tried the Mickelson (#9) yesterday and I love it. Verrrry soft. I also tried the XG #7. WOW!!! I would seriously consider dropping the Laguna for a #7. I can't say enough. If more people would swallow their pride for 2 seconds and give it a ty they'd be hooked. I know see why Odyssey is the #1 putter in golf.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the XG9, the model that was designed for Mickelson. I love the soft feel. This heel shafted model is suited to my stroke, which is more inside the line-to square-to inside the line. Since the heel shafted model is balanced like a wood or an iron I feel like I can release the putter during the stroke and I am lagging better that ever. I have never been good at square to square especially on long putts.

The feel from the face insert is different than any other putters I have used, as is the sound. It is very soft (but not mushy), but there is a little pop to it that is easy to get used to IMO. :drinks:

Definitely a 5.

Couldnt have said it better.

Made some of my longest putts ever with this putter.

Very easy to get the ball on line. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

picked up a no.7 durin d summr and my putting has never been d same ....it has taken shots off my short game since d day i got it ... i had a tri-ball b4 gettin itt and i was v dissapointed with how i putted with it... its good 4 a wile but the gimmick wares off shorty after gettin it and wat i got bak on a trade was half of what i paid 4 it after only a few months

• 2 months later...

For me, the faster the green, the better the putter.

With a HW of 335g regardless of shaft length and an OAW of 509g at 35 inches I found it too light for the muni greens I usually play, stimped at 7 or 8. Longer putts mean I have to use an uncomfortably long backswing and the increased force makes the insert feel mushy.

That said, I think #7 is amazing on faster greens. I really dislike inserts but this one increases my feel and the stability of the fang design is outstanding. Add a second, heavier Tour model and a golfer might be set for life.

Honma Beres 10.5*
Jones/Ortiz 4 wood 17*
Adams Idea Black CB2 irons 26, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45*
Callaway MD3 S grind 52, 56, C grind 60, PM grind 64*
Tom Slighter Custom Needle 450g, 3* loft, 74* lie (2006)
Tom Slighter Needle 360g, 4* loft, 72* lie (2012, backup)

I just went to the golf store today and i was only there looking for a Ohio State head cover and strolled over to look at putters and hit a couple putts W/ 3 or 4 other putters and THen i saw the #7 sitting there a 33" and i decided to hit it, and droped my first 2 putts with it from 10 feet and the other guy there looking at putters said "thats the one" and i said "thats what i was thinking" and now i have a new putter cant wait to get it on the course.

Jonny B

Taylormade M1
Titleist 913F 13*
Mizuno MP-54
Vokey 52 and 56
Piretti Potenza II

I replaced my Cameron putter with an Odyssey White Hot XG 2-ball Blade. The Odyssey was just a better feeling putter, and helps with controlling speed and distance. The 2-Ball helps with alignment too.

Ping G430 Max 10K, 10.5*, Ventus Velocore TR Red 5R

Ping G430 Max 3 and 7 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Alta CB Black 65R

Titleist 2023 T200 Irons, 4-PW, TT AMT Black R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

• 2 weeks later...

Just for my clarification, the topic title says "White Hot XG" yet the product description given is for the White Steel model with the steel insert. Just want to make sure I'm responding to the correct thread.

I went to a local Nevada Bob's a couple of days ago and traded my Nike OZ T100 toward a used White Hot XG #1 and so far I'm impressed. Was using a Dunlop blade purchased at the PX 10 years ago! It's taking time to get used to the softer feel, but putts seem to be more online and distance control seems improved as well, although not perfect *yet*.

• 3 weeks later...