First Bettinardi, Last Cameron...

SOONERMAGIC

BB1 where have you been?!
So like a lot of you, I have played a Cameron/Ping/Rife etc... for the last couple of years. I finally switched to a Bettinardi BB1 as I traded a Custom Cameron for some cash, and 2 BB1s. Ummmm... let me preface this review with a WOW!

I will more than likely not be buying a Cameron over a Bettinardi in the near future for the following reasons.

#1 Craftsmanship
#2 Feel (nothing nicer than the Bettinardi IMO)
#3 Price (although the Bettinardis are not cheaper, I feel you get better craftsmanship with Bettinardi for that $$)

The BB1 is the softest feeling Anser style putter I have felt. Its beautiful, and feels crisp and soft at the same time if that makes sense. Anyone else jump OFF the Cameron wagon and on to Bettinardi like I just did? Cant believe it took me this long. Sheesh..

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol crisp and soft at the same time. I guess I don't get how something feels nicer than another one. Cameron and Bettinardi make all kinds of different putters out of different shapes, necks, hosels, metals, weights which will all factor into feel. Saying that one is better than another is purely opinion. I think carbon putters feel too soft so I like a putter that produces more a "click" at impact...that certainly doesn't mean its not as good as another one. I really just don't understand these posts.

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

[quote name='Dizz' timestamp='1280414231' post='2606143']
Lol crisp and soft at the same time. I guess I don't get how something feels nicer than another one. Cameron and Bettinardi make all kinds of different putters out of different shapes, necks, hosels, metals, weights which will all factor into feel. Saying that one is better than another is[i][b] purely opinion[/b][/i]. I think carbon putters feel too soft so I like a putter that produces more a "click" at impact...that certainly doesn't mean its not as good as another one. [i][b] I really just don't understand these posts[/b][/i].
[/quote]

Obviously its opinion. If you dont understand someone sharing an experience with a certain brand/product then your comprehension skills might need some work. Or to integrate yourself into society and understand sharing experiences is part of the HUMAN EXPERIENCE! thx

[quote name='ORLANDOZAC13' timestamp='1280414376' post='2606148']
Lol crisp and soft at the same time. I guess I don't get how something feels nicer than another one. Cameron and Bettinardi make all kinds of different putters out of different shapes, necks, hosels, metals, weights which will all factor into feel. Saying that one is better than another is[i][b] purely opinion[/b][/i]. I think carbon putters feel too soft so I like a putter that produces more a "click" at impact...that certainly doesn't mean its not as good as another one. [i][b] I really just don't understand these posts[/b][/i].
[/quote]

Obviously its opinion. If you dont understand someone sharing an experience with a certain brand/product then your comprehension skills might need some work. Or to integrate yourself into society and understand sharing experiences is part of the HUMAN EXPERIENCE! thx
[/quote]

No basically you just bought a Bettinardi putter so you wanna put down Cameron. You have no idea why you like the putter other than it feels soft and crisp at the same time which makes no sense and it feels "nicer." You could have a carbon Bettinardi with an insert and a stainless Cameron and have absolutely no idea why one feels "nicer" than the next one. Your post was purely to jump on the Bettinardi wagon and offered zero insight on why it was better just that it feels "nicer."

716MB (5-PW)- DG S400

Lol crisp and soft at the same time. I guess I don't get how something feels nicer than another one. Cameron and Bettinardi make all kinds of different putters out of different shapes, necks, hosels, metals, weights which will all factor into feel. Saying that one is better than another is[i][b] purely opinion[/b][/i]. I think carbon putters feel too soft so I like a putter that produces more a "click" at impact...that certainly doesn't mean its not as good as another one. [i][b]I really just don't understand these posts[/b][/i].
[/quote]

[/quote]

It is opinon but I for one share that opinion. I have treid MANY times to like a cameron (many headshapes) I just cant do it something doesnt fit and I lose my confidence. Now do I know its in my head sure. On to Bettinardis. The biggest thing to me besides the obvious craftsmanship and feel is the way EVERYONE at Bettinardi treats you. I just recently started collecting and have been plesently suprised at how accepting the Bettinardi community is. Nick and Jimmy are both great and will answer any questions you have. I know they are not the largest but they are no where near the smallest putter company. However when you purchase a Bettinardi It is truly a great experience where you feel like at that point your the only customer that matters to them.

Wow, Cameron people are very sensitive. I've owned at least 20 of both. They both make nice putters. I currently own zero Cameron's and 4 Bettinardi's. They both make very similar headshapes out of similar materials. I'd be willing to bet that if they each made a stainless or carbon putter without any stamping and you put them side by side no one here could notice the difference in feel, perhaps slightly in looks but both of their Anser style putters are very similar. It's all personal preference, and I prefer Bettinardi for many reasons.
In response to the OP, I did jump ship on Cameron for Bettinardi and Byron. I love the feel of Bettinardi's Dass putters. Byron makes some great custom stuff that you'll never get from Cameron without spending many thousands of dollars.

[quote name='lightningbolt444' timestamp='1280416335' post='2606203']
Lol crisp and soft at the same time. I guess I don't get how something feels nicer than another one. Cameron and Bettinardi make all kinds of different putters out of different shapes, necks, hosels, metals, weights which will all factor into feel. Saying that one is better than another is[i][b] purely opinion[/b][/i]. I think carbon putters feel too soft so I like a putter that produces more a "click" at impact...that certainly doesn't mean its not as good as another one. [i][b]I really just don't understand these posts[/b][/i].
[/quote]

[/quote]

It is opinon but I for one share that opinion. I have treid MANY times to like a cameron (many headshapes) I just cant do it something doesnt fit and I lose my confidence. Now do I know its in my head sure. On to Bettinardis. The biggest thing to me besides the obvious craftsmanship and feel is the way EVERYONE at Bettinardi treats you. I just recently started collecting and have been plesently suprised at how accepting the Bettinardi community is. Nick and Jimmy are both great and will answer any questions you have. I know they are not the largest but they are no where near the smallest putter company. However when you purchase a Bettinardi It is truly a great experience where you feel like at that point your the only customer that matters to them.
[/quote]

If I handed you two identical putters...same length, loft, lie, grip, shaft, headshape...and everything about the head being identical and also made out of the same metal. You think you could tell which one was made by Cameron and which was done by Bettinardi?

716MB (5-PW)- DG S400

[quote name='branover1' timestamp='1280417469' post='2606241']
Wow, Cameron people are very sensitive. I've owned at least 20 of both. They both make nice putters. I currently own zero Cameron's and 4 Bettinardi's. They both make very similar headshapes out of similar materials. I'd be willing to bet that if they each made a stainless or carbon putter without any stamping and you put them side by side no one here could notice the difference in feel, perhaps slightly in looks but both of their Anser style putters are very similar. It's all personal preference, and I prefer Bettinardi for many reasons.
In response to the OP, I did jump ship on Cameron for Bettinardi and Byron. I love the feel of Bettinardi's Dass putters. Byron makes some great custom stuff that you'll never get from Cameron without spending many thousands of dollars.
[/quote]

I agree with you, I'm not a sensitive Cameron fan...just a realist. I'm using a Cameron right now but I've owned a handful of Bettinardi putters too. All were good in their own way.

716MB (5-PW)- DG S400

I had an opposite experience, sold all of my Bettinardi's and am now back to gaming a Cameron 009.. but also have a few TP Mills in the works.

I would also say that my experiences in terms of service would be opposite too.

I will agree that they make some nice putters though. At the end of the day, it's your money and you have to use what you like and have confidence in. :)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='ORLANDOZAC13' timestamp='1280413181' post='2606111']
I finally switched to a Bettinardi BB1 as I traded a Custom Cameron for some cash, and 2 BB1s.

#3 Price (although the Bettinardis are not cheaper, I feel you get better craftsmanship with Bettinardi for that $$)
[/quote]

What? Bettinardi's cost more, but somebody gave you TWO for ONE Cameron AND they gave you cash? :beruo:

[quote name='Dizz' timestamp='1280417558' post='2606244']
[quote name='lightningbolt444' timestamp='1280416335' post='2606203']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If I handed you two identical putters...same length, loft, lie, grip, shaft, headshape...and everything about the head being identical and also made out of the same metal. You think you could tell which one was made by Cameron and which was done by Bettinardi?
[/quote]

Probably not but then again the putters they make are not identical, the milling is usually different for one. I was not downing camerons nor was the op in my opinon. I said why I prefer Bettinardis with the biggest being service and in no way did I down camerons all I said was they dont work for me Period end of story so drop it I like Bettinardi's you like Camerons and theres room for both no reason to force a point on one or the other or that you cant feel the difference if everything is identical you can say that about ANY putter maker.

[quote name='TM golf guy' timestamp='1280419798' post='2606322']
I finally switched to a Bettinardi BB1 as I traded a Custom Cameron for some cash, and 2 BB1s.

[/quote]

What? Bettinardi's cost more, but somebody gave you TWO for ONE Cameron AND they gave you cash? :beruo:
[/quote]

One BB1 is mint, the other needs to be refinished BADLY!!! But Dizz is just missing the point entirely, I offered 3 reasons (insight) as to why I liked the Bettinardi better.

Some people just cant read, or are blinded by opinions that are not their own..

[quote name='Dizz' timestamp='1280416325' post='2606202']
No basically you just bought a Bettinardi putter so you wanna put down Cameron...
[/quote]

According to that logic, he put down Ping and Rife as well. But you don't hear the Ping and Rife guys crying about it. Only the Cameron fans... again.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

I didn't make the jump to Bettinardi from Cameron but I have bought four different Bettinardi's this year and think they are some of the best putters out there, and yes I have owned several Camerons.

I also just recently picked up my first DASS and have never felt anything better in a putter.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9.5*
Taylormade M4 Tour 3wood
Nike VRS 18* & 21* Hybrids
TaylorMade P790 5-PW
TaylorMade Milled Grind 50..54..58
Scotty Cameron 009m
Bridgestone Tour Bx

[quote name='ORLANDOZAC13' timestamp='1280420615' post='2606363']
Side note... I didnt realize what kind of pissing match I had opened up. Its like the westside story of WRX.. Cameron vs... everyone else.. lol

[/quote]

Sadly thats the way it is I feel like theres room for all putter types but some (not all ) of the cameron guys dont feel the same.

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1280420590' post='2606360']
[quote name='Dizz' timestamp='1280416325' post='2606202']
No basically you just bought a Bettinardi putter so you wanna put down Cameron...
[/quote]

According to that logic, he put down Ping and Rife as well. But you don't hear the Ping and Rife guys crying about it. Only the Cameron fans... again.
[/quote]

I don't collect Camerons. I'm not a Cameron "fan", I own one right now. I've owned putters from lots of different makers, I'm a fan of making putts. His title specifically said Cameron in the title and used it 5 times after that. We know you hate nearly everything to do with Cameron and will use your wit and smileys to let us know.

716MB (5-PW)- DG S400

[quote name='ORLANDOZAC13' timestamp='1280420492' post='2606356']

[/quote]

[/quote]

One BB1 is mint, the other needs to be refinished BADLY!!! But Dizz is just missing the point entirely, I offered 3 reasons (insight) as to why I liked the Bettinardi better.

[/quote]

No, you are missing the point. You used 3 points, one of which is valid. Craftsmanship, fine I'm OK with that if that's what you believe. Feel, as soon as you said soft yet crisp you lost that point. That's like saying skinny but fat. If you had said something like I just got a carbon Bettinardi and it feels so much better or "nicer" (to you) than the Studio Select that I was using then I would understand your point. The third point you made was the same as the first one, you said price (Bettinardi isn't cheaper) but then added in craftsmanship again. Bottom line is, you didn't tell us which model you had in either one you just said this one "feels nicer."

716MB (5-PW)- DG S400

I've owned 3 Bettinardi's now and love them. Starting with two Mizuno C series and now a BB1. I love them, and will continue to love Bettinardi products. But I am no way opposed to owning a Cameron. I've owned 3 of those as well. Both make excellent putters. Just go with what ever gets the ball in the hole and suits your eye. No need to get in a pissing match over which one is better.

Ping G15 10.5* w/ Prolaunch Red S
Ping G15 18.5* w/ Prolite fairway X
Ping G10 21* w/ Oban Revenge S
Ping i15 4-W w/ PX satin 6.0
Ping Tour S 52* & 56*, Eye 2 60*
Ping Anser 2 Pat. Pending Black satin

[quote name='Dizz' timestamp='1280423237' post='2606464']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, you are missing the point. You used 3 points, one of which is valid. Craftsmanship, fine I'm OK with that if that's what you believe. Feel, as soon as you said soft yet crisp you lost that point. [b][i][u]That's like saying skinny but fat[/u][/i][/b]. If you had said something like I just got a carbon Bettinardi and it feels so much better or "nicer" (to you) than the Studio Select that I was using then I would understand your point. The third point you made was the same as the first one, you said price (Bettinardi isn't cheaper) but then added in craftsmanship again. Bottom line is, you didn't tell us which model you had in either one you just said this one "feels nicer."
[/quote]

This is skinny but fat............. :)

[attachment=634076:images.jpg]

MB

Something Rare
Something JDM
WITB Link

I own Camerons too. I also have no problem with anyone that games a Cameron. But if you are going to be the obsessive compulsive guy that has to worship or defend all things Cameron, (or Apple, or BMW, or insert any other brand) then I'm going to call you on it.

You don't see the Ping and Rife guys getting their panties in a bunch. But someone always cries foul when it the name Cameron is mentioned. So the guy likes a new brand. Good for him. It's not the end of the world and Cameron is not going to go out of business as a result of one defecting customer.

Lighten up, Francis.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

Oh Yeah! It's a classic Cameron vs ([i]fill in the blank[/i]) thread. I will say that the OP probably could have stated his love for Bettinardi's without the obvious slam on Cameron. Just for the record...I own a wide variety of putters (signature wouldn't let me fit them all) and found that each have unique characteristics which makes me keep them.

My personal opinion:
[b]Cameron[/b] putters are a quality product, but are generally overpriced in the market. People keep buying them so...I really don't want to hear complaints.
[b]Bettinardi[/b] putters are probably the best crafted putters, but oddly enough, quite a few of them don't fit my eye as nicely as a Cameron.
[b]Ping Redwoods[/b] are probably the most overlooked putter in the market. Simply put, the best bang for the buck. Too bad they don't offer more variety.
[b]Whitlams[/b] are also wonderful putters, but the distribution is so low in the states that most have never heard of them and will likely never get to the try them. That means you're likely to rare see someone gaming one.
[b]Rife/YES![/b] are great putters which have incorporated some technological advancements. They each have a cult-like following, but don't quite have the mass appeal...yet.
[b]Rossa/TM[/b] makes some decent putters. Prior Rossa designs just never felt right. Not sure why. The new KiaMa putters feel great, but they just haven't seemed to take off.
[b]Nike...[/b]what's there to say, they've made attempts at the market, but have continously missed the mark. The Method putters seem to have a following, but I haven't seen a whole bunch of people really flock to it.

[quote name='TheBoomer ' timestamp='1280425249' post='2606531']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, you are missing the point. You used 3 points, one of which is valid. Craftsmanship, fine I'm OK with that if that's what you believe. Feel, as soon as you said soft yet crisp you lost that point. [b][i][u]That's like saying skinny but fat[/u][/i][/b]. If you had said something like I just got a carbon Bettinardi and it feels so much better or "nicer" (to you) than the Studio Select that I was using then I would understand your point. The third point you made was the same as the first one, you said price (Bettinardi isn't cheaper) but then added in craftsmanship again. Bottom line is, you didn't tell us which model you had in either one you just said this one "feels nicer."
[/quote]

This is skinny but fat............. :)

[attachment=634076:images.jpg]

MB
[/quote]

BAM!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, you are missing the point. You used 3 points, one of which is valid. Craftsmanship, fine I'm OK with that if that's what you believe. Feel, as soon as you said soft yet crisp you lost that point. That's like saying skinny but fat. If you had said something like I just got a carbon Bettinardi and it feels so much better or "nicer" (to you) than the Studio Select that I was using then I would understand your point. The third point you made was the same as the first one, you said price (Bettinardi isn't cheaper) but then added in craftsmanship again. Bottom line is, you didn't tell us which model you had in either one you just said this one "feels nicer."
[/quote]

Let me make this clear.

I owned, a Studio Select NP2, and Asian Spec Custom Shop Circa #3. BOTH WERE FINE PUTTERS, but the two Bettinardi putters in my posession have better feel, craftsmanship, style (simple), and quality (IMO). So in comparison to the two Camerons I have owned the four reasons I have just listed are the reasons "I" feel Bettinardi makes a better putter for ME, and in that case feel it would be a better putter for "YOU".

Isnt that how it is with any product you like, you like it so you think others would like it, rather than say. I think its a good putter for me, but not so much for you. <-- no one says that, its actually the opposite like --->dude, you have to check out this putter its awesome, your going to love it. Then they decide for themselves, no harm done.

You have taken this as a personal attack, or a platform to define how my feel translates into words on a golf forum.

Lets just shake hands and leave it at that, You like Camerons, I like Bettinardi. Friends? :friends:

Crisp, and Soft my friend..:sorry:

Zac