Best Loft & Lie Machine

LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
money no object
Once and for all, what is the best loft and lie machine? I know Mitchell is the standard, but some tour van guys told me in the spring that there was some new machine in development in Australia that would be the best on the market by far. And what about the Golf Instruments machine? Their shaft puller is the best by far. Also, Fourteen used to have what looked like a very high tech (and no doubt wildly expensive) machine on their website, but it's not there anymore. What does everyone think?

Comments

• JohnnyJohnny Get Kwok'd Charter Members Posts: 8,706 ✭✭
    I have a mitchell loft/lie and shaft puller... they work great ..no problem using either. Dont know about the other brands...always wanted a Mitchell

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
    Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
    Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
    Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
    Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

• ArnieArnie Arnie Members Posts: 426 ✭✭
    IMG5 wrote on Jul 29 2005, 02:41 PM:
    Once and for all, what is the best loft and lie machine?  I know Mitchell is the standard, but some tour van guys told me in the spring that there was some new machine in development in Australia that would be the best on the market by far.  And what about the Golf Instruments machine?  Their shaft puller is the best by far.  Also, Fourteen used to have what looked like a very high tech (and no doubt wildly expensive) machine on their website, but it's not there anymore.  What does everyone think?
    »

Although not as well known but the best machine I've found is the MR3 "True Blue" from MR3golfdesigns.

The machine will bend irons, woods AND putters right or left hand accurate and fast to use. Top quality. Don't let the low price fool you! image/clapping.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':idhitit:' />
  • stage1350stage1350 If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything. Members Posts: 10,238 ✭✭
    The Mitchell Steelclub plus model will do anything and it built like a battleship.

For irons, however, they irons-only model seems to be a little more of an efficient design. I've worked both machines and am a little quicker on the irons only model.

It's worth the extra time being able to to bend woods and putters as well.
    Tour Issue Bridgestone J715 B5 9.5° / Project X T1100 75g 6.5 flex ___OR___ TC Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9° / Graphite Design P9003 TX
    TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Project X T1100 95g 6.5 flex ______________ TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX
    TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° / Project X T1100 95g 6.5 flex____________ TC Callaway Epic hybrid 18° / Graphite Design DI-105 X
    DLC Black Bridgestone J15CB 3-PW / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7_________ Scratch AR-1 v2 3-PW / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7
    DLC Black Bridgestone Tour B XW-1 54°&60 / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7___ Scratch FIT DS 54°&60° / Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X7
    Bettinardi BB2 Prototype Copper Plated _______________________________ Scratch McCoy 8802 handmade

They can keep erasing this. They simply prove my point... censors.
  • TexanTexan Members Posts: 80
    IMG5 wrote on Jul 29 2005, 12:41 PM:
    Once and for all, what is the best loft and lie machine?  I know Mitchell is the standard, but some tour van guys told me in the spring that there was some new machine in development in Australia that would be the best on the market by far.  And what about the Golf Instruments machine?  Their shaft puller is the best by far.  Also, Fourteen used to have what looked like a very high tech (and no doubt wildly expensive) machine on their website, but it's not there anymore.  What does everyone think?
    »

I have a Mitchell Steelclub Plus, Steelclub Putter, and Mitchell Shaft puller. I have never seen a better or more durable machine. Maybe someone makes one. Is so, it is a heck of a machine. image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clapping:' />
  • gcagca Members Posts: 7
    »

That'll be the one from Eldo Engineering that Taylor Made are now using. AWESOME machine... DAM expensive! I have one of their non-expensive model, its great!
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    I used to get by with the golfsmith machine, but now have the Mitchell. The Steelclub Plus is the model I have. I cannot see myself using anything else.

RP
  • Nelson ANelson A Members Posts: 99
    always have been a mitchell user!!! buy the best!!
  • stg113stg113 Members Posts: 1,361
    Mitchell here as well. Picked it up on this sight barely used for a great price.
    Wishon 919 THI 9* Talamonti PD 70X
    Wishon 949 MC 14* Talamonti PD 80X
    Taylormade 2011 18 Rescue NVS 90x Hybrid
    Wishon 575MMC 3-PW GD X100 SSX1
    Titleist SM4 52 amd 56* GD wedge flex
    Never Compormise GM2 Exchange #5
    WITB Link
  • Tee 2 Green Custom GolfTee 2 Green Custom Golf Members Posts: 58 ✭✭
    MR3 True Blue....3 years, no problems. The way they have their needle and scale designed you can easily read 1/2 gram increments (if you wanted).

Anthony

Tee 2 Green Custom Golf
  • FornestoFornesto Unregistered Posts: 1,091
    scuba is awesome
  • NessismNessism To measure is to know... Members Posts: 18,343 ✭✭

MR3 True Blue....3 years, no problems. The way they have their needle and scale designed you can easily read 1/2 gram increments (if you wanted).

Anthony

Tee 2 Green Custom Golf

1/2 gram? Thought this discussion was about loft and lie machines? You mean 1/2 degree?
    Ping G400 driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver 60S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 5 wood w/Aldila Black 70S
    Cobra (Lexi blue) F7 Hybrid w/Aldila Kuro Kage 80S
    Ping G410 irons w/Recoil 95S (i200 backups)
    Ping Glide 50/55/60 wedges w/Recoil 110S
    Ping Anser/Arna putter - the "real deal!"
  • hplhpl Lefty Members Posts: 225 ✭✭
    Arnie wrote:

IMG5 wrote on Jul 29 2005, 02:41 PM:
    Once and for all, what is the best loft and lie machine? I know Mitchell is the standard, but some tour van guys told me in the spring that there was some new machine in development in Australia that would be the best on the market by far. And what about the Golf Instruments machine? Their shaft puller is the best by far. Also, Fourteen used to have what looked like a very high tech (and no doubt wildly expensive) machine on their website, but it's not there anymore. What does everyone think?
    »

Although not as well known but the best machine I've found is the MR3 "True Blue" from MR3golfdesigns.

The machine will bend irons, woods AND putters right or left hand accurate and fast to use. Top quality. Don't let the low price fool you! image/clapping.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clapping:' />

I have one and I totally agree.
  • SushiyoshiSushiyoshi Members Posts: 1,180 ✭✭
    lol 7 year old thread bump

Trying to build up post counts Nelson?
  • borkerborker Members Posts: 670 ClubWRX
    This made me think, are these machines needing regular calibration? Or is there a variance in how accurate they are to each other?

I had my lie adjusted on my 8i three weeks ago at Golf Galaxy (he used some cheap looking golfworks unit). A few days later I was at a club-builder and he put a few of my irons in his Mitchell machine. One of them was that 8i and it was 1/2 degree "off" from what GG adjusted it to. I suppose it could have changed slightly from the range session in between?
    Ping i/20 8.5° Diamana™ S+ 62 X, GP Niion
    Nike VR 3w
    Callaway X22-Tour 3-PW, DG X100
    Nicklaus Dual Slot wedges 52° & 58°
    Wilson Harmonized M3 Putter
    Value balls (Gamer, Diablo Tour, Etc)
  • Tee 2 Green Custom GolfTee 2 Green Custom Golf Members Posts: 58 ✭✭
    Oops,

My mistake...Yes, 1/2 degree.

Anthony

Tee 2 Green Custom Golf
  • jasonnj1978jasonnj1978 Members Posts: 868 ✭✭
    Lots of threads out there but it seems like you get guys who say go with Mitchell or go with MR3 True Blue.

What you really need to pay attention to though are the ones who have used both. I think what you'll find is that if someone has used a Mitchell in the past but tried out a True Blue they would opt for the TB if they had to buy another one. I have never heard someone say that they would give up their TB for a Mitchell.

Buy a mitchell bending bar though!!
  • gqjeffgqjeff Members Posts: 1,614 ✭✭
    Mitchell adj bar with the MR3.. I have used both and for the price the MR3 wins out easily.. I was using a mitchell digital before the true blue also..
  • slicktryslicktry @meximenno Members Posts: 2,539 ✭✭
    As Jeff said...True Blue all the way. Makes Mitchell look silly. It's that good!

God Bless

Jer
    '17 M1 10.5* + w/ ATX Green 85TX
    '16 M2 DF 13* w/ DGSL X100
    16* Adams Red w/ DG X100
    20* Adams Red w/ DG X100
    4-PW ?????????????
    52* TM EF ATV w/ C Taper S+
    58* PM Grind w/ C Taper S+
    Spider Mini Tour Black 33.5" w/BGT Stability Shaft
  • pccasstpropccasstpro Members Posts: 1,169
    As a long time Mitchell user , I have to be honest and say the True Blue MR3 is making me think twice about a future investment !!
    Driver: TaylorMade M1 440 9.5* w/ Accra Tour Z 65 ST Proto M5
    3 wood : TM 200 Tour 15* w/ Fujikura Pro95 X
    Hybrid : Mizuno MP-5H 3 iron bent to 20* w/ UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F5 +3/4
    4-PW : Mizuno MP-62 w/ TT DG X100 +1/2
    GW: Mizuno MP-T5 51/08 w/ TT DG X100 +1/2
    SW: Mizuno MP-T5 55/11 w/ TT DG S400 +1/2
    LW: Mizuno MP-T5 59/09 w/ TT DG S400 +1/2
    Putter : Rife Mr. Beasley First Run Silver 34" w/ Super Stroke 1.0
    Ball: Bridgestone B330 Tour

The Back up bag:
    Mizuno MP650 19* w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110 X
    Mizuno MP-H5 2 iron w/ Grafalloy C-Note X
    Mizuno MP-T5 52/09 & 57/13 w/ TT DG X300
    Callaway 816 DBD 9* w/ Accra PCMC Tour 60 M5
    Callaway XR Pro 14* w/ Accra Tour Z LS 85 M5
    Tour Edge CB4 w/ Accra SE80 M5
    Odyssey ProType #5
    Odyssey White Hot #5
    Ping Scottsdale Anser BeNi
    Bobby Grace KBI BeCu
  • Howard JonesHoward Jones Members Posts: 8,530 ✭✭
    Mitchell Signature for irons, wedges, hybrids and woods ...do i need another ? Dont think so :-)

Mitchell Tour Gauge for putters
  • jasonnj1978jasonnj1978 Members Posts: 868 ✭✭

Mitchell Signature for irons, wedges, hybrids and woods ...do i need another ? Dont think so :-)

Mitchell Tour Gauge for putters

No doubt those are nice as they should be:

Mitchell Signature for irons, wedges, hybrids and woods = $1700

Mitchell Tour Gauge for putters = $1000

MR3 True Blue = $1,075

The TB is just more cost effective and does a wonderful job and is accurate for measuring.
  • stachoajstachoaj Cincinnati, OHMembers Posts: 306 ✭✭
    Thread bump to see is anything new and great has come along in the last 6 years lol
  • tyorke1tyorke1 Members Posts: 2,220 ✭✭
    whats the best inexpensive machine, I have an old scotland, could use a new one
    m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s ,
    m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x ,
    818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
    taylor p790 17 degree
    callaway apex pro c-taper stiff 
    vokey 52--56--60
    taylormade spider tour dj version
    epic green staff bag or titleist cart bag
  • VA_AstraVA_Astra ClubWRX Posts: 1,860 ✭✭
    After using the MR3 for years, I bought my own Mitchell...its been 8 years now and still the best machine out there!

What I didnt like about the True Blue was having to change pins for each iron. The Mitchell just makes it easy.
    PXG 0811x HZRDUS HC T1100
    PXG 0841 3w HZRDUS HC Yellow
    PXG 0311 XF 3iron RIP Alpha Hybrid
    PXG 0311 4-6 PX LZ
    PXG 0311t 7-PW PX LZ
    Ping Stealth 2.0 50/54/58
    Mannkrafted WAVE
    Taylormade TP5/x
  • RookieBlue7RookieBlue7 Members Posts: 13,157 ✭✭
    Love my MR3. Had a Mitchell and went to True Blue
  • sixtysevensixtysevensixtysevensixtyseven Members Posts: 2,028
    Texan wrote:

»

I have a Mitchell Steelclub Plus, Steelclub Putter, and Mitchell Shaft puller. I have never seen a better or more durable machine. Maybe someone makes one. Is so, it is a heck of a machine. image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />

I've had a SteelClub Plus for probably 15 years and I can't imagine how they could improve upon it. It's efficient and bulletproof.
  • Carvallo GolfCarvallo Golf Hall of shame Members Posts: 231 ✭✭
    +1 for true blue

WITB: Nothing, foot condition keeping me sidelined from the course

• BlazinPondBlazinPond Huge gear guy, subpar golfer Maple Grove, MNMembers Posts: 220 ✭✭
    Glad this old thread got bumped...

I'm looking for a loft/lie machine and quality is important to me.

Looks like True Blue by MR3...

http://www.mr3golfdesigns.com/product/true-blue-loft-lie/

Any other input prior to purchasing?

Thanks!
    2019 WITB
    Titleist TS3 9.5* (Tour AD BB 6S)
    Titleist TS3 15* (Tour AD BB 7S)
    Titleist TS3 18* (Tour AD BB 7S)
    Titleist TS2 21* (Tour AD BB 8S)
    PXG GEN2 / 0311T Gen2 irons
    PXG 0311t 50.10* Sugar Daddy
    Miura Tour Wedge 55*
    PXG 0311t 60.07* ZULU 

• sixtysevensixtysevensixtysevensixtyseven Members Posts: 2,028
    BlazinPond wrote:

Glad this old thread got bumped...

I'm looking for a loft/lie machine and quality is important to me.

Looks like True Blue by MR3...

http://www.mr3golfde...-blue-loft-lie/

Any other input prior to purchasing?

Thanks!

I know the guys at a really high volume shop who went from a Mitchell to the TrueBlue. They bend tons of irons every day and they would kill if the big boss would let them have their Mitchell back.

I don't know about the long-term quality of the TrueBlue but I've bent a couple sets on one and I feel the Mitchell is much more efficient but that's probably because I've got so much experience on the Mitchell.

I've bent thousands of sets on my SteelClub over the years and the things looks and performs like the day I got it. Like I said the thing is efficient and bulletproof.
  • lbhitterlbhitter BadaPing BadaBing Members Posts: 1,176 ✭✭
    I have owned 3 x Mitchell SteelClub Angle machines over the past 20yrs, and they are well made. Never had an issue, and you can bend an entire set rather quickly.

That said, if you are just a hobbyist I recommend you spend less on the bending machine and ensure you purchase quality bending bars and a good Golf Club Gauge. Personally, I don't think any of these machines measure to the level of accuracy intended because getting a good reading relies too much on how you set the club. I have found that it is much easier to bend in the Steelclub, and then check the measurement with a good Club Gauge.

Just my 2 cents.....

LB
    Callaway Epic Flash GD Tour AD VR-6
    Taylormade M5 3/5W GD Tour AD-F
    Ping i500 4i Steelfiber fc90
    Ping i210 5-Pw Steelfiber i95
    Ping Glide Forged 50*
    Vokey SM7 Raw 54F / 58S
    Toulon Las Vegas
    Taylormade TP5