2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Bridgestone Fix?

hackingsince08

Is this a new line?

I'm finding next to nothing about this ball beyond Bridgestone's website. Anyone have any experience with this ball yet? I bought some and meant to try them last time out (yesterday) cause I figured I'd lose my last two Burner LDP's.. but to my amazement they last the whole round.. lol. I only bought the Fix balls because the store i stopped in didnt carry any TM other than the Penta (which I dont at all have the game for).

Would love to hear more about this Fix ball as I wont get to play again till 2 weeks from now :(

http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/product/balls/xfixx

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't even seen this ball in any stores in my area....

Looks like another basic two piece ball to me. I am pretty sure the technology has been maxed out on this type of ball. If you are interested in these, heck, pick up a 24 pack of Wilson True's or Smartcores. Seriously good two piece balls.

If you do a compare on www.tgw.com you will see that the Burner LDP and B/S fixx are really close. The cores are similar in that they have similar tech "graduated cores". The Burners have more dimples. The Fixx hypes its seamless core which is nothing new as Wilson came out with this in its original True several years back.

Seriously, I have tried just about all the two piece distance balls out there, including the Burner LDP, and the Wilson Smartcore and Wilson True, which you can find in 24 packs ranging from $15 to $20 depending on where you shop, are the best bang for the buck ball out there, PERIOD. Wally World has the Trues in 24 pack for $15 in my area. Its a great two piece ball. I get excellent distance (as long as ANYTHING I have hit) and get good spin but I am a pretty aggressive wedge player. I really pinch or trap the ball hard. I have problems with high spin balls like the V1x and Tour. The True is a little jumpy off the putter but thats pretty typical of two piece balls. If you have a putter with an insert it works very well.

The Wilson Smartcore Distance is also a great two piece ball that was very popular and highly rated a few years back. You can find them at Sports Authority (not sure if they are nationwide). 18 for $14.50. Same price at TGW but + shipping.

I challenge you to try them out and compare them with the TM. Were talking $15 and you may love them or hate them. I can tell you that they are all I play when I am playing a tight, ball eating course or a course that I don't know well that has blind shots. Otherwise I play a Bridgestone e6, Gamer V.2 or TM RED LDP if I can find them.......which has been near impossible lately. I get better feel out of these but have no problem reaching into my bag and pulling out a Wilson. Trust Me.

BTW, if you really want a good deal, check out the Wilson Staff blem 24 box at Wally World. You will find mostly Wilson 50/50's (2 piece) and Zips which are three piece balls. There may be some Smartcores, Trues and other Wilson balls in there. Check out the reviews at TGW.

[url="http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/product.jsp?SUBCATEGORY_ID=13382&cmpState=M.0..Wilson.0.15735%2C0%2C10519%2C0%2C12057%2C0#cmpTabTableAnchor"]Wilson Staff Blem 24 pack reviews[/url]

No I do not work or have any affiliation with Wilson other that being a huge fan of their products (sure some of its really low end). I play their Irons, their balls, baseball/softball gloves, bats, etc and find them to be an exceptional company. I recently sent them a note about no one in my area carrying their new FG Tour ball and they sent me a dozen in a retail box and boy were they awesome. I believe the only reason they did this is because I inquired about the specs of my irons using serial numbers so they knew I was a real Wilson customer. Do you think TM, Cally, Srix, Bridge, Nike or any other company would have done this?

Ok, I think I made my point, lol.

I have palyed one round with the Bridgestone Fix. Here is my 2 cents. Let me start by saying that I ave played Pro V1's for the past 4 years almost excusively. I have tried the following this season: Callaway iS & iX, Nike One Tour, and Srixon Z Star. After reading the specs on the Fix, it sounded interesting. Bought a dozen at Dicks.
The ball feels very nice off the driver. Not a mushy feel but a soft and firm feel. The ball feels great off irons, wedges and putter. Doesnt have a hard clicky feel off the putter at all. The ball has a decent amount of spin off of all of my irons. My last 5 irn in to #18 actually checked up about 2 feet from the ball mark. The one area where it lacks a bit is greenside. As it does feel nice off wedges but it doesnt spin very much at all inside of 50 yards. Took me a few holes to figure out where to land it and let it roll out. Out of bunkers it didnt spin real well either unless you pick it real clean and get a little handsy.
I'm still up in the air on the ball but it is definitely worth the price for this ball category. I may pick up some NXT Tours and compare the 2 during the same round. I feel it important to compare under the same conditions and having the same swing on it on that particular day.

TaylorMade M2 10.5* Aldila Rogue
Tour Exotics 15* Fubuki
Adams Super Hybrid XTD 17* Fubuki
Adams Pro 23* Aldila Tour
Adams a4 Forged 5-pw DG SL
Mizuno MP-T 10 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Futura (original) with added insert for additional weight

• 1 month later...

[quote name='LIgolfdude' timestamp='1283618022' post='2678999']
I have palyed one round with the Bridgestone Fix. Here is my 2 cents. Let me start by saying that I ave played Pro V1's for the past 4 years almost excusively. I have tried the following this season: Callaway iS & iX, Nike One Tour, and Srixon Z Star. After reading the specs on the Fix, it sounded interesting. Bought a dozen at Dicks.
The ball feels very nice off the driver. Not a mushy feel but a soft and firm feel. The ball feels great off irons, wedges and putter. Doesnt have a hard clicky feel off the putter at all. The ball has a decent amount of spin off of all of my irons. My last 5 irn in to #18 actually checked up about 2 feet from the ball mark. The one area where it lacks a bit is greenside. As it does feel nice off wedges but it doesnt spin very much at all inside of 50 yards. Took me a few holes to figure out where to land it and let it roll out. Out of bunkers it didnt spin real well either unless you pick it real clean and get a little handsy.
I'm still up in the air on the ball but it is definitely worth the price for this ball category. I may pick up some NXT Tours and compare the 2 during the same round. I feel it important to compare under the same conditions and having the same swing on it on that particular day.
[/quote]

Thanks for the informative review. I will put the FIX on my list for Santa!!!!

I am far from being able to give a real fair review since I am still a 120 hack. But in few balls I have tried, the Treosoft has stood out for me exactly as golferdude explained. It was a bit pricey for a 2-piece and one could get Gamers cheaper but I was impressed nonetheless. Anyway, Golf Galaxy confirmed to me the xFixx is the replacement for discontinued Treosoft. Whether there are any material changes in core/cover we won't ever know for sure. But box description is almost exact.

I will be trying these soon but hard to justify price knowing a known higher performer (Gamer) is same price and balls like Titleist DT's, Nike PD's, Wilson Fifty's, etc are cheaper.

Taylormade R11 9° Diamana™ S 62
Sub 70 639-CB 4-PW, KBS Tour 120 S
Wilson FG PMP wedges 52° & 56°, DG S400

Star Sidewinder Black grips - standard + 2 wraps
Tommy Armour Impact #3 Putter 34"
Callaway Chrome Soft golf balls