Bashing TaylorMade...

DRRicks

Is there anyone else out there that is BEYOND tired,bored, and sick of seeing the same TMAG bashes in every thread? No matter what the topic is, there has to be at least one (un-original) comment about TMAG's product cycles or innovation.

I hereby move that the next person, and all after them, that make lame, obnoxious, TM bashes should be banned!!!!!! WHO IS WITH ME?!?!?!?!?!!?!

Yeah it's beyond tiresome. Even more tiresome is how clubs on here get absolutely slammed because they aren't bare iron with no markings whatsoever. How dare anything be in the cavity because it will mess the person up so badly that they won't be able to swing it. Or anything but a razor thin top line is chunky and shovel like. Callaways new line of clubs is apparently so evil the company will go down in flames and yet no one has even hit the clubs yet.

TM Sim 9.0
TM Sim 3WTi
TM Sim 3H

PXG XF 5-PW KBS TGI Graphite Reg
Cleveland CBX2 48/54/58 KBS
Byron Morgan GSS DH-89
www.gamegolf.com/player/Chunkylover77

[quote name='Chunkylover77' timestamp='1284806689' post='2702868']
Yeah it's beyond tiresome. Even more tiresome is how clubs on here get absolutely slammed because they aren't bare iron with no markings whatsoever. How dare anything be in the cavity because it will mess the person up so badly that they won't be able to swing it. Or anything but a razor thin top line is chunky and shovel like. Callaways new line of clubs is apparently so evil the company will go down in flames and yet no one has even hit the clubs yet.
[/quote]

i never really understood the shovel comments, because the shovel i use at home has a very thin topline.

[quote name='DRRicks' timestamp='1284658831' post='2700215']
Is there anyone else out there that is BEYOND tired,bored, and sick of seeing the same TMAG bashes in every thread? No matter what the topic is, there has to be at least one (un-original) comment about TMAG's product cycles or innovation.

I hereby move that the next person, and all after them, that make lame, obnoxious, TM bashes should be banned!!!!!! WHO IS WITH ME?!?!?!?!?!!?!
[/quote]

I am with You.
It's so lame...

My bag
TM SIM2 Max driver, G425 Max woods, Titleist 818 hybrid, Srixon Z565 irons, Vokey SM7 wedges, Yes Tracy III putter

Yep, the TM jokes are all unoriginal and a complete waste of band width!! I don't care for Callaway gear but you don't find me in Callaway threads bashing them.

TSR3 8 Tour AD UB 6

TSR2+ 14.5 Tour AD CQ 7

TSR2 21 Tour AD DI 85

U505 4 Tour AD DI 95

T200 5-6 Steelfiber i110

T150 7-GW Steelfiber i110
Vokey SM10 54F/60M Steelfiber i110
Scotty Cameron Champions Choice BB Newport +

-Pro V1x

[quote name='Aces-5' timestamp='1284810381' post='2702886']
Yep, the TM jokes are all unoriginal and a complete waste of band width!! I don't care for Callaway gear but you don't find me in Callaway threads bashing them.
[/quote]

Same here. Never been a fan of Callaway but I am sure their clubs work very well for other people just not me so why bash them? Personally, if taylormade chooses to bring out a new driver every 2 months then so be it. That just means I can get the previous "new driver" super cheap!

TM R1 w/ Fubuki Alpha Adams XTD ti 14.5 w/ red tie Adams Pnt 20* w/ Matrix Altus Nike Covert forged 4-Gw w/ Nippon SPB Betti BB54 Skull & Crossbones Vokey TVD M 54* & Scratch DW 58*

TM's products don't get bashed it's more their marketing/product life cycle, Nike is another company that has been bashed to death but it seems with their new release people are hopping on the bandwagon.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Sorry, even though my bag is mostly TM now (put Tour Preferreds in as gamers now), I'm not with you. As long as the posts aren't personal attacks at members, people are entitled to their opinions. Different strokes for different folks, if you will. Besides some of them are so entirely misinformed that it's obvious they haven't tried TM's equipment and makes them look like total _ sses.black%20eye.gif

Wishon 919 THI 9* Talamonti PD 70X
Wishon 949 MC 14* Talamonti PD 80X
Taylormade 2011 18 Rescue NVS 90x Hybrid
Wishon 575MMC 3-PW GD X100 SSX1
Titleist SM4 52 amd 56* GD wedge flex
Never Compormise GM2 Exchange #5
WITB Link

Why single out TM in this thread? I see nearly each and every brand bashed and praised. Many times blindly.

Insert brand in blank -------------

__________ puts out too much gear, ____________ quality control is horrible. _____________ is for Gen X and has no business in golf. ___________ has bought their way into the market and no "real" golfer would play their goods. Everything made by __________ is 100% junk. ___________ stole that idea from _______________.

__________ makes the bestest, greatest stuff ever!!!!

The truth is nearly everyone of them makes fantastic high quality gear. Pick what you like and play.:man_in_love: Can't we just all get along?

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Bashing golf products is a good way to keep manufacturers
making new and exciting products !!! If TM or any other manufacturer
did not feel the need to keep ahead of the competition, the club model
cycles would be every few years, instead of every six months or every
year!! It is an exciting time for manufacturers of equipment !!!

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

[quote name='Aces-5' timestamp='1284810381' post='2702886']
[/quote]

Some people have class and some do not. I cannot stand the product of one OEM also and I rarely even look at any threads about their products because I can care less about them.

My comments in the TM threads are not always 100 positive as I feel that they do make some mistakes and should hear about it, but I add thoughts and reasons why I did not like something or the marketing of something at times.

I just don't bash to bash or try to be cleaver or funny, which is the problem I have with all the TM bashers on here. They add nothing to the topics.

I was at a Ping Demo day yesterday and a customer asks the Rep what the difference was between the G15 driver and the K15 driver.
The rep response was, "a different letter"!

Their product life cycle is to blame for any bashing, until they slow down a little...it's not going to stop.

The most annoying thing that I see with their release cycles is that their "innovation" is all staged during their initial launch. Take the R9 drivers for example. They release a R9 with MWT and FCT, concurrently they release the R9 460 with the 460cc head and FCT. I'm sure most of us guessed that the next iteration of the R9 drivers would be the R9 with MWT, FCT and a 460cc head. They could have just offered the R9 and R9 460 with both technologies, but they are in it to milk every last drop out of the consumer. They are a business, I get that, but I think they rely on a lot of this "staged" technology release to make money which is really not innovating on the previous model. The R9 adapter is an innovation, I'd much rather wait a year for the next [i]real[/i] innovation than have them trickle their final designs over that year period. It seems like they release beta version .5, then .75 and then the full product version 1.0 6-9 months later.

When I think of innovation, I think of how cally is releasing clubs with a forged composite crown and sole. Cleveland working with the 40g shafts and light heads while keeping tour level stability. Adams developing aerodynamic club heads and now every OEM has to mention/address the aero issue. These are true innovations that push other manufacturers to develop every mechanical aspect of their clubs (materials, weights, aerodynamics, etc).

Just my .02

Settle down there, Spartacus. No need to rally the masses.

Why do you assume that non-positive criticism is bad? You learn more from your mistakes than you even will from your successes. If there wasn't "hating" and "bashing" on these products, there would be no need to continue to improve their performance and quality.

You know what I'm really sick of? People that feel the need to defend their brand like someone just kicked their dog. Unless you are getting paid by the company, they are big enough to defend themselves without your help.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

Hear me out please.

I think TM is the poster child for the new way golf manufacturers market their wares. I play PING almost exclusively except for the TM R580XD TP and still hit that driver better than anything I've tried. But I always preferred PING because they were American made and did not change out their product line more than every other year. Made me think their stuff had some value. This is why I am a PING devotee.

I'd like to buy a new TM SD but have not because I wonder how long it will be before the SD V2 will be out in the stores. But PING is now no better. Since my Rapture V1 purchase few years ago, in the attempt to knock the 580 out of my bag, PING has released the Rapture V2, G10, G15, i15, and now the K15. Is PING now any different than TM or anyone else? Nope, PING's magic club of the moment is tomorrow's relic.

I am not here to knock TM per se, I am hear to knock all of the manufacturers. Instead of me filling my bag with new PING gear every other year, I now tend to keep what I have as my way of pushing back at the constant marketing barrage trying to convince me that what I have in my bag can't get the ball airborne. :)

Does TM do this? Yes, but now so do all of them. It's just that TM started it which makes them catch most of the anger and most of the criticism.

So you want to control people's comments are on TM and limit freedom of speech aka bsg

if I want to bash any company then I have the right as any other member of this board

I assume by your standards it's ok to bash other companies

is your name Todd

TM products devalue at a faster rate than other companies.
this not bashing, it's an empirical observation and can be backed by as easy as eBay sales data

I just wish that the bashers were creative enough and smart enough to start a new thread and do all the bashing that they want in that thread, not in a thread about a new Iron, Driver or what ever that product might be........Hey in fact, maybe the site should have a Bashing Forum section for these people and they can bash all day long and see who really cares what they have to spit out of their mouths.

TM’s marketing machine is one of the best out there with the hype they create for their new product. But to me, it is also a negative with how much hype they create and to many new “better” than the last new products.

I don’t buy TM products because I’m always waiting for the next better club they are making. Then when it shows up, I tell myself wait it’s TM, their next best club is right around the corner and I don’t pull the trigger. Honestly, I guess I can’t afford to buy a new driver and take the big hit on resale when the next one comes out.

Unfortunately for me, I've chosen to fill my bag with both TM and Callaway gear... sure it sucks seeing all the stupid comments and occasional bandwagon trolling whenever there's a new TM product, but it's the internet, what other people say shouldn't affect you or your life. Just ignore the junk and read what you want. Freedom of speech that is within the rules of the site and constructive criticism shouldn't be regulated or moderated.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1284826049' post='2703093']
You know what I'm really sick of? People that feel the need to defend their brand like someone just kicked their dog. Unless you are getting paid by the company, they are big enough to defend themselves without your help.
[/quote]
Hammer, meet nail. :ok:

I don't understand it either, but apparently it's part of immature human nature. You see a lot of this on car owner's club web sites as well, and it totally mystifies me.

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

PXG 0211 8i - SW….+3” or Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

[quote name='ForeRL' timestamp='1284828209' post='2703125']
^ your name is TMbob
enough said
[/quote]

Bright u r

But I am really talking about [b]any[/b] bashing as I said above.....be it Nike, Callaway or any OEM.....start your own thread and bash away. I really do not care which OEM it is ForeRL

Plus, if you noticed I have had some WTB Ads for some PING irons lately........I am TMBob first because of the awesome people that I know at TM who happen to treat people well and with respect no matter what clubs are in their bags.

To me I think it goes beyond aesthetics. What about the integrity of the game. In Golf Magazine the CEO's of golf companies were asked how to attract more golfers Mark King of Taylormade said "When bowling alleys started to resemble ghost towns, the industry attracted new players by making the game easier. They installed automatic scoring systems,put guards up along the gutters,and provided light balls that kids could role. Today,bowling alleys are packed. We can do the same in golf by encouraging beginners to play the forward tees, to tee the ball in the fairway,and to call gimmes within five feet of the cup.We could even increase the size of the cup for beginners' leagues."
I'm not bashing but it makes me sad that this is the philosophy that is driving the game today. In my opinion it's ruining the game. That's my opinion and to each his own. I don't believe in bashing one company or another I just disagree in how the game should be protected and preserved.