Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts or PM's. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Mizuno MP-68

G.Review ·  
G.ReviewG.Review Members  533WRX Points: 3Posts: 533 Bunkers
What do you think?<br />
<br />
Posted:

Comments

• canduffcanduff Members  172WRX Points: 85Handicap: 15Posts: 172 Fairways
    Maybe the best blades ever after playing Wilson Staff and Hogan blades these clubs rock MP68 black nickel may also be the prettiest club on the planet. My back up KZG ZO
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • craz-ecraz-e Members  4428WRX Points: 506Handicap: 3Posts: 4,428 Titanium Tees
    As close to perfect as I have hit. These make me want to go out and hit balls.
    Posted:
    Driver = Taylormade SIM 7* Hzrdus green 6.0
    4 wood = Titleist TS2 Even flow white 6.0
    3 iron = Titleist U500 Hzrdus smoke 6.0
    Irons = Wilson Staff FG59,  4-PW
    Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56*
                  = Ping Glide 3.0 eye 2 60* 
    Putter = Scotty Cameron 2020 Special select Del Mar
    Ball = Taylormade TP5 Pix
  • JonesyJonesy Durban, South AfricaMembers  1605WRX Points: 226Posts: 1,605 Platinum Tees
    Awsome irons, sooo soft especially when combined with kbs tour shafts. Absolutely love these irons.
    Posted:
    Callaway BBA 816 ♦♦ 9.5°
    Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 tour 14.5°
    Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18°
    Callaway ApexMB '18 4 - PW
    Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
    Scotty Cameron Newport
  • PuzbiePuzbie Banned  87WRX Points: 0Posts: 87
    Wheres the best place to try one of these? <br />
    <br />
    Posted:
  • zukszoozukszoo Members  362WRX Points: 55Posts: 362 Greens
    I love these clubs. The only thing that would make me switch would be my wearing out of the faces. Great Mizuno feel with a lot more forgiveness than you would expect from this style of iron. The above poster is correct, these heads with the KBS Tour is butter. While I am not the best at curving the ball at will, controlling trajectory is very easy with the 68's. My only complaint would be, that the short irons can be a little spiny at times. Maybe this is shaft related, I don't know. What I do know, is they look, feel, and play amazing. Love them!
    Posted:
  • JD3JD3 Members  5091WRX Points: 414Posts: 5,091 Titanium Tees
    Flawless. Perfect grind and sooooooo solid. Surprisingly high trajectory which I like and think is best for the modern game. Long too, I feel I can really bust em. First irons made this club ho say "I do."
    Posted:
    TM M1 2017 10.5 Aldila NV 2KXV Green 65x
    TM M1 2016 3W HL Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75x
    Ping G410 HB 19 KBS Graphite Tour Hybrid 85s+
    Callaway Apex 2019 4 - AW KBS Tour 120s (hard stepped 1x)
    Yururi Tataki 52.5 & 60.5 KBS Hi Rev 125s
    Ping Anser 2 Milled
    NDMC Grips (extra wrap lower half to reduce taper)
    Titleist AVX 
    UA Jordan Spieth 2
    Footjoy Tour Glove (optional, often times play without glove)

Advertisement
  • will1994will1994 Members  145WRX Points: 0Posts: 145
    These things are as good as it gets.
    Posted:
  • SmytheSmythe Members  184WRX Points: 70Posts: 184 Fairways
    these irons are so sick. I have never seen them with anything but project x though which is a shame. I wanted x100s in these bad boys but had to settle with the mp 67s
    Posted:
  • wannabetigerwannabetiger Members  65WRX Points: 60Posts: 65 Bunkers
    These irons succeeded in replacing my Titleist 681's, which I thought I would never take out of the bag. I Prefer the sole grind of the 681's, but these MP's are such a total package. Amazing feel, Great Control/Shot Shaping, above average forgiveness, and a solid sole grind. My only true complaint would be the finish, too shiny, which leaves me with my current intrigue regarding the Titleist MB 712's. We Shall See...
    Posted:
  • MightyMarkMightyMark Mighty Mark Members  381WRX Points: 3Handicap: 6Posts: 381 Bunkers
    <br />
    These irons succeeded in replacing my Titleist 681's, which I thought I would never take out of the bag. I Prefer the sole grind of the 681's, but these MP's are such a total package. Amazing feel, Great Control/Shot Shaping, above average forgiveness, and a solid sole grind. My only true complaint would be the finish, too shiny, which leaves me with my current intrigue regarding the Titleist MB 712's. We Shall See...<br />
    <br />
    What did you choose? I favor the MP-68's, even over the MP-69's, but my #1 choice is still the MP-33's.
    Posted:
  • nuttednutted Members  890WRX Points: 0Posts: 890
    My 68's beat out my old set of 33s. They were softer with a more consistent trajectory, and more forgiving (did want to go a touch straighter). The sole grind is better on these and the short irons aren't as big and clunky as the 33s. My only complaint is that the 4 iron doesn't go quite high enough with X100's so I may have to change it out. It not really like hitting blades, its almost like cheating. pimp.gif
    Posted:
    SLDR 430 Tour AD MT-7x
    915-Fd Fuji 757x
    MP-4 4-PW C-taper 115x
    Scratch raw 54/60
    Mills tour/ Pro V1

Advertisement
  • wannabetigerwannabetiger Members  65WRX Points: 60Posts: 65 Bunkers
    [url=&quot;http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&amp;module=forums&amp;section=findpost&amp;pid=3437474&quot;]snapback.png[/url]wannabetiger, on 30 July 2011 - 09:06 PM, said:<br />
    <br />
    These irons succeeded in replacing my Titleist 681's, which I thought I would never take out of the bag. I Prefer the sole grind of the 681's, but these MP's are such a total package. Amazing feel, Great Control/Shot Shaping, above average forgiveness, and a solid sole grind. My only true complaint would be the finish, too shiny, which leaves me with my current intrigue regarding the Titleist MB 712's. We Shall See...<br />
    <br />
    What did you choose? I favor the MP-68's, even over the MP-69's, but my #1 choice is still the MP-33's. <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I gamed the MP68's all year. I really like how they look at address, great feel, fairly easy to shape shots. I was also able to dial in on my targets better than ever.
    Posted:
  • XFelonXFelon Members  357WRX Points: 45Handicap: 4Posts: 357 Greens
    The best irons I have ever hit!
    Posted:
  • golfr19golfr19 FormerAvidGolfer Members  115WRX Points: 63Handicap: 5Posts: 115 Fairways
    Agree...I also had 681s for nearly 10 years prior to the 68s. Killer combo with KBS Tour X...like nothing else I have felt.
    Posted:
  • dr.golfdr.golf Members  71WRX Points: 0Posts: 71
    These beauties feel and perform as well as just about anything out there and I've hit them all. I'm going between my Callaway Musclebacks and these Mizuno MP 68s. Too close to call just yet. We'll see when I'm really playing in mid season form.<br />
    <br />
    doc
    Posted:
  • jparks678jparks678 Members  102WRX Points: 0Posts: 102
    best blade iron mizuno has ever made
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • teespoonteespoon Members  470WRX Points: 0Posts: 470
    Thanks to the young guys at my Club, I got to play these some when we played a round this AM. GREAT!..is all I can say, but my old 14's still do the job, and my playing partner liked them as well. I was amazed at the distance these young guys hit the ball. The new clubs are fine, and his Titlest Driver was great, as well. At 72, I rely on my short game...LOL. Hope they invite me agaain, but WOW!...am I ever tired....!<br />
    <br />
    teespoon
    Posted:
  • shooterMcGeeshooterMcGee Members  456WRX Points: 63Posts: 456 Greens
    <br />
    Umm...the 712's all day long bro.
    Posted:
    TM R1 tp black whiteboard60x<br />TM V-Steel 15* paint-break Blueboard 83X<br />TM V-Steel 21* Blueboard 83S<br />MP4 4-PW Project X 6.<br />Vokey Sm4 52* 56* & 60*<br />Nike MC02W
  • shooterMcGeeshooterMcGee Members  456WRX Points: 63Posts: 456 Greens
    I have a nice set of these babies listed in the BST right now if anyone's interested...
    Posted:
    TM R1 tp black whiteboard60x<br />TM V-Steel 15* paint-break Blueboard 83X<br />TM V-Steel 21* Blueboard 83S<br />MP4 4-PW Project X 6.<br />Vokey Sm4 52* 56* & 60*<br />Nike MC02W
  • asualumasualum ClubWRX  1290WRX Points: 110Posts: 1,290 Platinum Tees
    I absolutely love these irons. The feel is incredible and they're a real joy to hit. I have them shafted with S300s and love the ball flight.
    Posted:
  • PinHunterPinHunter Members  779WRX Points: 40Posts: 779 Bunkers
    Beautiful setup, great feel and surprisingly forgiving...a touch of class
    Posted:
    M1, ad di7x
    rbz 3w, ad dj8x
    Titleist TMB 2 iron, ti X100
    mp68 4-pw, ti x100
    Vokey 52* (x100), 56* (X100) ,60* (s400)
    Scotty Mid Slant
    ProV1x

Advertisement
  • rhatzrhatz Members  26WRX Points: 0Posts: 26
    I played with the 68's and the stock DG R300 shaft for three months....pretty darn good clubs...but they became truly GREAT clubs when, last fall, I reshafted them with KBS Tour shafts. Absolutely phenomenal! I've been a blade guy for dang near 60 years...in the basement reside a set of MP29's and my 1968 Wilson Staff DynaPowers which I take to the course once a year. The MP68's are the best!
    Posted:
  • ForewarnedForewarned Members  5WRX Points: 0Posts: 5
    Just bought a set brand new mp-68 in the box yesterday. Went to the range and it's best feeling club I have ever owned. It's my first set of blades so I was a little nervous. After going to the range I felt like I have been playing them for years.
    Posted:
  • jmtbkrjmtbkr Palm Beach GardensMembers  826WRX Points: 121Posts: 826 Golden Tee
    I just picked up a used set for $200 in really great condition. KBS tour shafts and new golf pride multi grips. Tried them in the shop and it was like a hot knife thru butter.<br />
    Played my first round yesterday and hit every green that required me using the 68's!!! Wow! Yeah, mis-hits are a bit harsh, but that's good feedback. Once I play them a while a get used to them, they'll get better.
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5* Synergy 60S
    Callaway X20 3-SW
    Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11
    Supersoft
  • KidKuiperKidKuiper Members  13WRX Points: 0Posts: 13
    Mizuno does irons like no one else. I'm looking to pick up a set of these myself. Just gotta wait till the price is right.
    Posted:
  • afrodandtmafrodandtm Members  121WRX Points: 0Handicap: 9Posts: 121
    I just found a set off mp68s with the kbs tour shafts! My length and grips already on them...so pumped
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • DrRob1963DrRob1963 Members  210WRX Points: 39Handicap: 5Posts: 210 Fairways
    Pure Magic.<br />
    Still using my MP-68s 4-P with KBS Tour Regular shafts - now freshly re-gripped with Golf Pride New Decade Multi-compound grips.<br />
    Just spectacular looks, feel, trajectory & playability.<br />
    Love 'em!
    Posted:
    Callaway 13* Epic Flash Driver
    Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway 16*
    Callaway Epic Flash 19* Heaven Wood
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 4-P with N.S.Pro Modus3 Steel shafts
    Mizuno Blue T7 52/9*, 56/14* & 60/6* with DG wedge shafts [sometimes swap 52* to Mizuno MP T-10 64/7*]
    All Regular shafts, Standard lies & lofts unless stated; Golf Pride New Decade Multi-compound Blue "60" round grips
    Ping iDarby putter, 34"
    Pro-FX Cabretta leather glove, Srixon Zstar balls
    Mizuno Staff Cart Bag, MGI Navigator Quad Gyro motorised buggy
  • danielt823danielt823 MelbourneMembers  82WRX Points: 64Posts: 82 Fairways

Can anyone comment on how these clubs have aged in comparison to recent or older offerings from mizuno?

Posted:

D: Callaway epic flash - Mitsubishi Diamana whiteboard d70+
    FW: Callaway epic flash - Mitsubishi Diamana whiteboard d70+
    I: Mizuno MP20 - KBS $-Taper (Black PVD) (3 HMB/4,5,6,7 MMC/8,9,PW MB)
    W: Titleist SM7 Chrome (50/56/60)
    P: Taylormade Spider X Tour - Blue/Small Slant
    B: Titleist ProV1
    Bag: Taylormade Flextech Crossover

• stimpmeterpstimpmeterp Washington DCMembers  895WRX Points: 148Posts: 895 Golden Tee

Bump

Posted:
    G400 LST 8.5* Tour AD DI 6
    TM M6 15* Fuji Atmos Blue
    Adams Tour LSP XTD 20* Kuro Kage 80H
    National Custom Works 28* 33* 39* 45* PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T20 50* 54* 58* PX LZ 6.0
    Goodwood Golf Co. Senna

Advertisement
  • hrstrat57hrstrat57 Members  2WRX Points: 65Posts: 2 Starters

Baggin MP68 7-pw KBS tour and MP60 6 iron R300

Fabulous similar in feel to the MP33 I bagged for years and wore out.

Find a good set priced right give em a whirl. Make sure they get bent to your preferred lie.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.