We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

Mizuno MP-68

G.Review ·  
G.ReviewG.Review  533Members Posts: 533
What do you think?

Posted:

Comments

• canduffcanduff  169Members Posts: 169
    Maybe the best blades ever after playing Wilson Staff and Hogan blades these clubs rock MP68 black nickel may also be the prettiest club on the planet. My back up KZG ZO
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • craz-ecraz-e  4262Members Posts: 4,262
    As close to perfect as I have hit. These make me want to go out and hit balls.
    Posted:
    Driver = Ping G410 Plus even flow black 6.0
    4 wood = Titleist TS2 Even flow white 6.0
    3 iron = Titleist U500 Hzrdus smoke 6.0
    Irons = Titleist 718 CB/MB Project X LZ 6.0
    Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56*
                  = Ping Glide 3.0 eye 2 60* 
    Putter = Wilson Staff 8882
    Ball = Titleist AVX
  • JonesyJonesy Durban, South Africa 1557Members Posts: 1,557
    Awsome irons, sooo soft especially when combined with kbs tour shafts. Absolutely love these irons.
    Posted:
    Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5*
    Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18*
    Mizuno MP H-4 2 iron
    Callaway X Prototype 4 - PW
    Cleveland 50* Mizuno 54* 58* MP-T11
    Scotty Cameron Newport
  • PuzbiePuzbie  87Banned Posts: 87
    Wheres the best place to try one of these?

Posted:
  • zukszoozukszoo  362Members Posts: 362
    I love these clubs. The only thing that would make me switch would be my wearing out of the faces. Great Mizuno feel with a lot more forgiveness than you would expect from this style of iron. The above poster is correct, these heads with the KBS Tour is butter. While I am not the best at curving the ball at will, controlling trajectory is very easy with the 68's. My only complaint would be, that the short irons can be a little spiny at times. Maybe this is shaft related, I don't know. What I do know, is they look, feel, and play amazing. Love them!
    Posted:
  • JD3JD3  4995Members Posts: 4,995
    Flawless. Perfect grind and sooooooo solid. Surprisingly high trajectory which I like and think is best for the modern game. Long too, I feel I can really bust em. First irons made this club ho say "I do."
    Posted:
    TM M1 2017 10.5 Aldila NV 2KXV Green 60x
    TM M1 2016 3W HL Tensei CK White 70x 
    Ping G410 HB 19 KBS Graphite Tour Hybrid 85s+
    Callaway Apex 2019 4 - AW KBS Tour 120s (hard stepped 1x)
    Yururi Tataki Wedges 52.5 and 60.5 KBS Hi-Rev 2.0x
    Ping Anser 2 Milled
    NDMC Grips (extra wrap lower half to reduce taper)
    Titleist AVX 
    UA Jordan Spieth 2
    Footjoy Tour Glove (optional, often times play without glove)

Advertisement
  • will1994will1994  145Members Posts: 145
    These things are as good as it gets.
    Posted:
  • SmytheSmythe  171Members Posts: 171
    these irons are so sick. I have never seen them with anything but project x though which is a shame. I wanted x100s in these bad boys but had to settle with the mp 67s
    Posted:
  • wannabetigerwannabetiger  65Members Posts: 65
    These irons succeeded in replacing my Titleist 681's, which I thought I would never take out of the bag. I Prefer the sole grind of the 681's, but these MP's are such a total package. Amazing feel, Great Control/Shot Shaping, above average forgiveness, and a solid sole grind. My only true complaint would be the finish, too shiny, which leaves me with my current intrigue regarding the Titleist MB 712's. We Shall See...
    Posted:
  • MightyMarkMightyMark Mighty Mark  381Members Posts: 381

These irons succeeded in replacing my Titleist 681's, which I thought I would never take out of the bag. I Prefer the sole grind of the 681's, but these MP's are such a total package. Amazing feel, Great Control/Shot Shaping, above average forgiveness, and a solid sole grind. My only true complaint would be the finish, too shiny, which leaves me with my current intrigue regarding the Titleist MB 712's. We Shall See...

What did you choose? I favor the MP-68's, even over the MP-69's, but my #1 choice is still the MP-33's.
    Posted:
  • nuttednutted  890Members Posts: 890
    My 68's beat out my old set of 33s. They were softer with a more consistent trajectory, and more forgiving (did want to go a touch straighter). The sole grind is better on these and the short irons aren't as big and clunky as the 33s. My only complaint is that the 4 iron doesn't go quite high enough with X100's so I may have to change it out. It not really like hitting blades, its almost like cheating. pimp.gif
    Posted:
    SLDR 430 Tour AD MT-7x
    915-Fd Fuji 757x
    MP-4 4-PW C-taper 115x
    Scratch raw 54/60
    Mills tour/ Pro V1

Advertisement
  • wannabetigerwannabetiger  65Members Posts: 65
    [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=findpost&pid=3437474"]snapback.png[/url]wannabetiger, on 30 July 2011 - 09:06 PM, said:

What did you choose? I favor the MP-68's, even over the MP-69's, but my #1 choice is still the MP-33's.

I gamed the MP68's all year. I really like how they look at address, great feel, fairly easy to shape shots. I was also able to dial in on my targets better than ever.
    Posted:
  • XFelonXFelon  356Members Posts: 356
    The best irons I have ever hit!
    Posted:
  • golfr19golfr19 FormerAvidGolfer  86Members Posts: 86
    Agree...I also had 681s for nearly 10 years prior to the 68s. Killer combo with KBS Tour X...like nothing else I have felt.
    Posted:
  • dr.golfdr.golf  71Members Posts: 71
    These beauties feel and perform as well as just about anything out there and I've hit them all. I'm going between my Callaway Musclebacks and these Mizuno MP 68s. Too close to call just yet. We'll see when I'm really playing in mid season form.

doc
    Posted:
  • jparks678jparks678  102Members Posts: 102
    best blade iron mizuno has ever made
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • teespoonteespoon  470Members Posts: 470
    Thanks to the young guys at my Club, I got to play these some when we played a round this AM. GREAT!..is all I can say, but my old 14's still do the job, and my playing partner liked them as well. I was amazed at the distance these young guys hit the ball. The new clubs are fine, and his Titlest Driver was great, as well. At 72, I rely on my short game...LOL. Hope they invite me agaain, but WOW!...am I ever tired....!

teespoon
    Posted:
  • shooterMcGeeshooterMcGee  453Members Posts: 453

Umm...the 712's all day long bro.
    Posted:
    TM R1 tp black whiteboard60x<br />TM V-Steel 15* paint-break Blueboard 83X<br />TM V-Steel 21* Blueboard 83S<br />MP4 4-PW Project X 6.<br />Vokey Sm4 52* 56* & 60*<br />Nike MC02W
  • shooterMcGeeshooterMcGee  453Members Posts: 453
    I have a nice set of these babies listed in the BST right now if anyone's interested...
    Posted:
    TM R1 tp black whiteboard60x<br />TM V-Steel 15* paint-break Blueboard 83X<br />TM V-Steel 21* Blueboard 83S<br />MP4 4-PW Project X 6.<br />Vokey Sm4 52* 56* & 60*<br />Nike MC02W
  • asualumasualum  1280ClubWRX Posts: 1,280
    I absolutely love these irons. The feel is incredible and they're a real joy to hit. I have them shafted with S300s and love the ball flight.
    Posted:
  • PinHunterPinHunter  779Members Posts: 779
    Beautiful setup, great feel and surprisingly forgiving...a touch of class
    Posted:
    M1, ad di7x
    rbz 3w, ad dj8x
    Titleist TMB 2 iron, ti X100
    mp68 4-pw, ti x100
    Vokey 52* (x100), 56* (X100) ,60* (s400)
    Scotty Mid Slant
    ProV1x

Advertisement
  • rhatzrhatz  26Members Posts: 26
    I played with the 68's and the stock DG R300 shaft for three months....pretty darn good clubs...but they became truly GREAT clubs when, last fall, I reshafted them with KBS Tour shafts. Absolutely phenomenal! I've been a blade guy for dang near 60 years...in the basement reside a set of MP29's and my 1968 Wilson Staff DynaPowers which I take to the course once a year. The MP68's are the best!
    Posted:
  • ForewarnedForewarned  5Members Posts: 5
    Just bought a set brand new mp-68 in the box yesterday. Went to the range and it's best feeling club I have ever owned. It's my first set of blades so I was a little nervous. After going to the range I felt like I have been playing them for years.
    Posted:
  • jmtbkrjmtbkr Palm Beach Gardens 796Members Posts: 796
    I just picked up a used set for $200 in really great condition. KBS tour shafts and new golf pride multi grips. Tried them in the shop and it was like a hot knife thru butter.

Played my first round yesterday and hit every green that required me using the 68's!!! Wow! Yeah, mis-hits are a bit harsh, but that's good feedback. Once I play them a while a get used to them, they'll get better.
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 12.5* Synergy 60S
    Callaway X20 3-SW
    Scotty Cameron California Fastback
    Supersoft
  • KidKuiperKidKuiper  13Members Posts: 13
    Mizuno does irons like no one else. I'm looking to pick up a set of these myself. Just gotta wait till the price is right.
    Posted:
  • afrodandtmafrodandtm  121Members Posts: 121
    I just found a set off mp68s with the kbs tour shafts! My length and grips already on them...so pumped
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • DrRob1963DrRob1963  202Members Posts: 202
    Pure Magic.

Still using my MP-68s 4-P with KBS Tour Regular shafts - now freshly re-gripped with Golf Pride New Decade Multi-compound grips.

Just spectacular looks, feel, trajectory & playability.

Love 'em!
    Posted:
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Callaway 10.5* GBB Driver[/background]
    [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 Fairway 14*[/background]
    [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Mizuno MP Titanium 18* 5-wood[/background]
    [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Mizuno MP-68 4-P with KBS Tour shafts[/background]
    [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Mizuno Blue T7 52/9*, 56/14* & 60/6* with DG wedge shafts[/background]
    [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]All Regular shafts, Standard lies & lofts; Golf Pride New Decade Multi-compound Blue "60" grips[/background]
    [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Ping iDarby putter, 34"[/background][/font]
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Pro-FX Cabretta leather glove, Callaway Chrome Soft balls[/background]
    [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Mizuno Staff Cart Bag, MGI Navigator Quad Gyro motorised buggy[/background][/font]
  • danielt823danielt823 Melbourne 54Members Posts: 54

Can anyone comment on how these clubs have aged in comparison to recent or older offerings from mizuno?

Posted:

D: Callaway epic flash - Mitsubishi Diamana whiteboard d70+
    FW: Callaway epic flash - Mitsubishi Diamana whiteboard d70+
    I: Mizuno MP20 - KBS $-Taper (Black PVD) (3 HMB/4,5,6,7 MMC/8,9,PW MB)
    W: Titleist SM7 Chrome (50/56/60)
    P: Taylormade Spider X Tour - Blue/Small Slant
    B: Titleist ProV1
    Bag: Taylormade Flextech Crossover

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.