Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs

G.ReviewG.Review Members Posts: 533 ✭✭
What do you think?

Comments

• puttingmattputtingmatt puttingmatt Members Posts: 5,033 ✭✭
    What is your question ??

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....
  • bjacksonbjackson Win The Day Marshals Posts: 5,689 mod
    edited Jan 17, 2011 #3
    "Review the Tools of the Trade" is the review section of golfwrx. This thread is where members can vote and discuss how they feel about the Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • BobbersBobbers Members Posts: 1,885
    I've got the #9 and for the first time in thirty years I'm not looking at putters. Had it in play now since August and I'm finally, hallelujah, set! This putter releases so naturally that I can focus on the line and essentially let it "swing itself". The stroke is unconscious and oh so sweet. I'd recommend this to anyone and believe me, over a hundred putters later, I do think I have some expertise. And for those wondering, it IS different from their other #9 models in terms of performance.
  • djzed14djzed14 Posts: 81
    YES! Thats what I want to hear. need to find a LH #9

thanks for the review

• onetime19onetime19 Members Posts: 1,106 ✭✭
    I have #2 best putter I have ever owned. It has great feel and balance and the ball just seems to roll off the face easily.
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Titleist TS3 8.5 GD AD BB 6S[/background][/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Titleist TS3 15 GD AD BB 7S[/background][/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Titleist 818 H2 GD AD DI 85X[/background][/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Titleist AP3 4-P AMT Black S300[/background][/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Titleist Vokey SM7 F 5012[/background][/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]T[/background][/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]itleist Vokey SM7 S 5810[/background][/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Scotty Cameron 5.5M[/background][/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Titleist Pro V1X[/background][/font]
  • StretchStretch #golfwrxproblems Members Posts: 1,239
    I am severely tempted by the #5.
  • Solutions EtceteraSolutions Etcetera Members Posts: 2,556
    These are great putters... and I love my #2, but it has been recently booted from the bag by a MizzyBett BC6 (which can be had for less than a hundred bucks right now). YMMV
  • Mike DMike D Members Posts: 47
    What's the closest model to the #2 but without the offset?

• craz-ecraz-e Members Posts: 4,023 ✭✭
    No picture of the 2 ball blade?

Playing the 2 ball at the moment and its a fantastic putter. I haven't hit anything that feels better than this.
    Driver = Ping G410 Plus even flow black 6.0
    5 Wood = Taylormade Burner

Irons = Miura 1957 Baby Blades Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
    Wilson Staff FG59 DG S300's (4-PW)
    Titleist 718 MB Project X LZ 6.0 (4-PW)
    Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56* and 60*

= Taylormade 64* Hi-Toe
    Putter = Wilson Staff 8882
    Ball = Titleist AVX
  • 2Alpha2Alpha Posts: 112
    Dumped my old Odyssey and picked up a #9. Dropped my average putts from 2.1 per round to 1.8.
  • Mr. TMr. T Members Posts: 119 ✭✭
    Bought a #2 after sinking a bunch of putts in a row with it on the practice green then couldn't make squat on the course.. The issue is probably with the Indian and not the Arrow, but it's just so frustrating.
    [font=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma, sans-serif]TaylorMade 2017 M1 8.[/font][font=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma, sans-serif] [/font]Project X HZRDUS Black 63 6.0
    [font=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma, sans-serif]TaylorMade 2017 M1 15° Project X HZRDUS Black 63 6.0[/font]
    [font=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma, sans-serif]Callaway Big Bertha 18° KBS Tour Prototype 85 S[/font]
    [font=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma, sans-serif]Callaway Big Bertha 25° KBS Tour Prototype 85 S
    TaylorMade M1 5-AW Nippon NS Pro 950GH S
    Cleveland RTX-3 56° and 60° DG Wedge Flex
    TaylorMade TP Collection Chaska 34" with SuperStroke Flatso 5.0
    TaylorMade TP5x

Bushnell Tour V4 w/Slope
    [/font]
  • I sold my Scotty and have ordered the #9. Just felt so perfect for my stroke. As someone said above...Just releases so easily

• I sold my Scotty and have ordered the #9. Just felt so perfect for my stroke. As someone said above...Just releases so easily

I'm doing the opposite actually. Love the #9, but like the feel of the Scotty's a bit better.
    Titleist 915D3 9.5* GD YS-6+
    Titleist 915h 18* Aldila Rogue Black
    Titleist 915h 21* Aldila Rogue Black
    Mizuno MP-54 4-PW N.S. Pro 950GH
    Cleveland 588 RTX Black Pearl - 50, 55, 60
    Titleist Scotty Cameron California Sea Mist Del Mar
  • johnnymoose270johnnymoose270 Lefty Boomers Posts: 121
    what an easy piece to swing. i am looking for one of these as well for when i'm not stroking my protype 82 well.

• krcnokrcno Posts: 299 ✭✭
    Just picked up a number 2 for $149!!!!!! Love the way it feels......Rolls the ball better than my Rife.
    Ping G400 Max 9* Tour AD DI Black 60 X
    Ping I25 14* Tour AD DI 83x
    Adams 18* hybrid tour issue Proforce V2 104g X
    Ping s55 4-PW KBS C-taper 125 S+
    Ping Glide Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* KBS C-Taper 125 S+
    2014 Newport 2 Scotty Cameron putter
    2018 Srixon Staff Bag
  • SkankerSkanker Members Posts: 61
    Can someone describe the toe hang on TD #6? And the hosel size? Thanks.
  • Desert GolfDesert Golf Members Posts: 1,573
    Stretch wrote:

I am severely tempted by the #5.

Got the #5 for Christmas last year and I have stopped looking at other putters. The weight, balance and feel is perfect.
    Taylormade R9 Rombax 6X07
    Titleist 904f Aldila NV
    Nickent 3DX Hybrids
    Ping I25 Irons
    Odyssey Black Tour #5
  • JDW3JDW3 Members Posts: 593 ✭✭
    I love the look of the Black Series. I have tried to find a LH #9 but I have not been able to.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max
    3 wood: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816
    Hybrid: Cobra F7 19* & 22*
    Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 16
    Wedges: Vokey sm7 50*, 54*, 60*
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 & Piretti Potenza 2
    Ball: Snell My Tour Ball
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Members Posts: 1,317 ✭✭
    I have been using a 9 for quite a while, tonight I also picked up an 8 to practice with, they are really great and great looking putters.

KH
  • endurancechiroendurancechiro The man with the Iron Thumbs Posts: 1,008
    I've got the #9 and love it! First time I have ever consistently rolled a putter...
    A bad day on the course is better than
    a good day at work!
    WITB Link
  • EJ MacEJ Mac Getting Closer Members Posts: 3,019
    I picked up a 1/250 350g Limited Edition #6 with a plumbers neck and loved the looks and feel, however it just did not fit me well so time to unload it. Really a shame as I really wanted it to be the one.
    Cally 9.5 Xhot Fuel TS 60 tipped
    RBZ Stage 2 Tour 16.5* HL Attas 7S
    909H 17*, 21* &24* V Steel
    5-GW Cobra Pro M/B 950g/h
    Cleveland 588 Tour Zip Grooves 54*
    34" C&L 355g Beached
    WITB Link
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Members Posts: 1,317 ✭✭

I've got the #9 and love it! First time I have ever consistently rolled a putter...

what grip you have on your 9? I've been messing around with different grips. I got the 8 for 57 bucks free shipping, couldn't believe it.

KH
  • Hot Rod 71Hot Rod 71 #TheWRX ClubWRX, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 8,841 ClubWRX
    I recently purchased a #2 and I am testing it against my Method 001. So far its a great putter, but not sure it will kick the Method out of the bag.

The jury is still out.
    PING G400 LS 9* - Graphite Design Tour AD TP 6X
    Callaway Epic 15* - Diamana S+ 70X
    Titleist T-MB 3 Iron - Fujikura Motore Speeder HB 9.8 Tour Spec
    Srixon 785 4-P - Nippon Pro Modus 120
    Cleveland RTX4 50, 54, 58 - DGTI S400
    Yes! Jenny Tour
    Titleist Pro V1 Yellow
  • NSCohen17NSCohen17 Classic Scotty Members Posts: 734
    edited Mar 18, 2015 #25
    G.Review wrote:

What do you think?

I just ordered a 4 (what?! a 4?!?!), to replace the Circa '62 #6 that I can't get back from my brother-in-law. Brand new for $95 all in from golf etail. I expect this to bump the protype 5CS that has gone a little stale on me of late. Personally, I like the feel of the black series, with the tungsten weight, etc., better than the "forged" protypes.

I know this is an old thread, but I just like to hear myself talk.....
    I am playing with whichever clubs I
    happen to fancy at the moment, and
    I reserve the right to change at will,
    without notice and, most importantly,
    without justification.
  • vix02vix02 Members Posts: 2,299 ClubWRX
    NSCohen17 wrote:

G.Review wrote:

What do you think?

I just ordered a 4 (what?! a 4?!?!), to replace the Circa '62 #6 that I can't get back from my brother-in-law. Brand new for $95 all in from golf etail. I expect this to bump the protype 5CS that has gone a little stale on me of late. Personally, I like the feel of the black series, with the tungsten wieight, etc., beter than the "forged" protypes.

I plan on doing the same thing. I have a old beat up Circa #6 in transit that'll need a 'spa' treatment but I'm going to head to Golftown this weekend to see if I can find a #4. If not, hopefully Black Friday or Cyber Monday.
    Bag:

Taylormade SLDR 9.5* Rogue Black 110 RIP\IO 70TX
    Titleist 917 F2 16.5* Speeder 7.2 X
    Titleist 816 H2 21* Tour Green 85TX
    Titleist 716 TMB 4-W DG TI X100
    Vokey TVD K 54*, 60* DG TI S400
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M 35''
  • CDLgolfCDLgolf Members Posts: 826 ✭✭
    I just got the one wide model and this putter feels real nice.
    Cobra F8
    Ping G25 3 wood
    Ping G25 20 & 23 hybrid G30 26 hybrid
    Ping i e1 6- uw
    Ping Tour Gorge 56 & 60
    Odyssey
  • jparker390jparker390 the owls are not what they seem... Members Posts: 381
    I rock the #6 at 34" with Super Stroke 1.0

Best putter I have ever used.
    TM R7 425 9.5* driver
    Cleveland Mashie+ M1 15.5* hybrid
    Cleveland Mashie+ M3 20.5* hybrid
    Titleist AP2 4-P irons
    Callaway Forged 52* wedge
    Callaway Jaws CC 58* wedge
    Odyssey Black Series #6 putter
  • WaggeWagge Members Posts: 2
    I have #4 and it has an amasing feel of the face.
  • scratchesscratches Members Posts: 28
    I've been looking for putters for years. I saw the #6 at golftown for 99$ brand new. From what I saw it was the last one left. I had saw these a few times over the years and just never pulled the trigger and my putting stayed just average, it never was awful but i kept putting it off. Well not this this time. I bought it and the guy at the counter couldn't believe there was one left. The #6 is the one I wanted too. Just looks so nice at address, the weight it perfect. Its perfect for my stroke. And the feel is un matched. Better than Scotty Cameron's. If you see these for sale on eBay and are in good shape I highly recommend this series of putters for everyone.
  • jgolf215jgolf215 JT Posts: 303 ✭✭
    edited Mar 18, 2015 #31
    NSCohen17 wrote:

G.Review wrote:

What do you think?

I just ordered a 4 (what?! a 4?!?!), to replace the Circa '62 #6 that I can't get back from my brother-in-law. Brand new for $95 all in from golf etail. I expect this to bump the protype 5CS that has gone a little stale on me of late. Personally, I like the feel of the black series, with the tungsten wieight, etc., beter than the "forged" protypes.

I don't know if you'll wander back into this thread, but I was walking through my local Golfsmith the other day and I saw a # 4 sitting in the preowned rack. I was expecting it to be beat up as i grabbed for it. But as I pulled it out the head was absolutely mint!! The black Odyssey/winn grip was even in decent shape. I'm not a fan of this grip though. I had a new grip that came stock on the MXM putter lying around. ( Like the White Hot Pro, but darker fill). Wow, what a great feeling putter! And the best part, they had it for sale for $38!!! May be my best golf find ever!
    Callaway GBB Epic 10.5* (-1) Fubuki J 50
    Callaway Rogue 15* 3wd Fubuki Ax f65
    Callaway XR16 19* 5wd Fubuki Ax f75
    Callaway Apex 20* & 23* KuroKage Black 80HY
    Callaway Apex UT 24* KBS Tour V
    Callaway XR Pro 5-PW KBS Tour V
    Callaway MD3 50*/10*
    Callaway MD Forged 54/10 & 58/08 or MD PM grind 58*/10*
    Odyssey White Hot Pro #6 Nippon XXIP B2 or
    Odyssey ProType #2 Nippon XXIP B2 w Iomic Ax
    Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft
    Glove: UA Strikeskin Tour
    Shoe: UA

XR16 19*/5 wood alternates w Apex 20* hybrid.
    Apex 23* alternates with Apex UT 24*