Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Cobra Baffler Rail

G.ReviewG.Review Members Posts: 533 ✭✭
What do you think?

Comments

• Golf636Golf636 Members Posts: 49
    Absolutely love it. Replaced my 3 wood with 17*. No loss in distance and easier to hit a variety of shots. Nice small head
  • RheenendalRheenendal Members Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
    I recently purchased the 3H 19 degree baffler. Wow. I now know what people mean when they talk about clubs that feel as if the ball is flying off the face. This club truly is a great, versatile and aesthetically pleasing hybrid that as got me thinking about the 17 degree as well. There is a good amount of forgiveness but the ability to work the ball isn't compromised.

Driver: Ping G400 Max 9* | Aldila XTorsion Copper 70X
    Fairway: Ping G25 | Stock Stiff
    Driving Iron: Srixon ZU85 18* | UST Recoil 95 Stiff
    Irons: Mizuno MPH5 4-P | C-Taper Lite Stiff
    Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind 52* and 56*
    Lob Wedge: Cleveland CG15 60*
    Putter: YES! Hanna

• dspavindspavin Members Posts: 181
    Love it! Got a 19 degree 3h. Love the Fuji Motore shaft, weight distribution is nice. I'm a high hc, and found it was easy to get in the air and had good distance. A couple of slices when I tried to kill it, but that's not the clubs fault.
    Bridgestone j33R 460/Bimatrix 80X
    Taylormade V-Steel 3 Wood
    Adams Idea Super LS 19* Hybrid
    Wilson Staff ci7 4-GW
    Cleveland CG16 56* & 60* Wedges
    Ping My Day Putter
  • GuiaGuia Members Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 they are great clubs.
  • mark092974mark092974 Members Posts: 213
    i have a 3 and love it. my go to club for sure
  • I have the 17 and 24 degree and love it.
  • RuddyRuddy Members Posts: 543
    I needed to replace my MacGregor 3H and 4H in regular flex with something in stiff. My MacGregors were about 6-7 years old, and the new ones I tested had a weird shaft vibration , but flew well enough. I also hit the Adams SuperS hybrid and the Cobra Baffler TRail. The Cobras were the easiest to hit, work the ball, and mishits travelled the same distance . The Adams were not as forgiving, but close. I've played a few rounds with the Cobras and hit some phenomenal shots. 195 yards , downwind I normally hit the 4H about 180. This flew high and straight , landing pin high, and then bounced over. Amazing .
    Driver: TaylorMade M1 9.5* Fujikura Pro60 S
    4W: Cobra BioCell+ 16* Project X 6.0
    Hybrids: Cobra T-Rail Baffler 19*, 22* Tour AD S
    Irons: Mizuno MP-54 5i-PW, Shafts: XP105 R300
    Wedges: Titleist SM5 50*,56*, 60*
    Putter: Oddessey Tank Versa #7
  • crivascrivas North TexasMembers Posts: 257 ✭✭✭✭
    I have an older Cobra Baffler Multi Metal which I really like.
  • AndygoldersonAndygolderson Members Posts: 25 ✭✭

I recently got an F9 21 degree hybrid to replace my TM.
    I had read on some web review that the baffler rail was too deep and didn't get a good feedback from the person who was testing it.
    Just using it quickly at the range and to chop a few chip and runs from divots and short rough, i really like it. I love the sound of the club face against the ball, it sounds very "tinny" or "pingy" I'm not sure whether the rails play a part in that or if it's only the face.
    Hope to try it out for real on the course tonight. I don't want to make too much use of it yet, since it's only on loan while the store ships me the correct shaft version. I expect the rails will really help to launch the ball from the rough.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file