2011 PGA Show - Cleveland and Srixon Demo Day Pics

GolfWRXGolfWRX Team GolfWRXMarshals Posts: 8,386 mod
imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• Stevens24Stevens24 Members Posts: 146 ✭✭
    The Srixon line looks absolutely great, and those Z-Star irons are image/man_in_love.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':man_in_love:' />
  • CooperCooper Members Posts: 271
    Srixon irons look nice, but Cleveland dropped the ball with those wedges, what a waste
  • usmcdadusmcdad Golfdude Members Posts: 131
    Swing and a miss!!!!! Now that the zip grooves are gone, they have lost it all. What is with that cavity? It's a freakin wedge!!!!!!
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9° Project X Even Flow Blue 75X
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15° Project X Even Flow Black 75X
    Srixon ZU85 3 20° Recoil ES95 F5
    Srixon Z765 4-PW Project X 6.5
    Titleist SM7 Jet Black 52,56,60 Wedge Flex
    Odyssey White Hot Pro #9
    Srixon Z-Star XV
  • homergolfhomergolf Bay Village, OHMembers Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    usmcdad wrote:

Swing and a miss!!!!! Now that the zip grooves are gone, they have lost it all. What is with that cavity? It's a freakin wedge!!!!!!

The CG15's are great wedges. I haven't tried the CG16 with the cavity, but if it's like the CG14 (vibration dampener in the cavity), it will be seen in a lot of PGA tour bags. The CG14 is still used quite a bit on tour.
    Ping G400, 9, adjusted to 10
    Epic Flash 3-wood, 15
    Rogue 5-wood, 19
    Epic 4 hybrid, 23
    AP3, 5-48*
    SM6 54, 10
    SM6 60, 8
    SC GoLo 3, 33"

...for now
  • EJPEJP Members Posts: 144
    Some sweet stuff! I'm not quite loving those z star irons...maybe they'll grow on me. Those CG16 tours actually look pretty sweet, badge a little busy but they have a nice sole grind. CG1 Tours haven't made too much buzz since they came out. Wedges look very nice but I wonder about the cavity.

EJP
  • njgolfernjgolfer Members Posts: 216 ✭✭
    The Cleveland CG16 wedges look good. Interesting enhancements to the cavity design. Also, the Srixon ZT-X remind me of my Tour Stage x-blades, but maybe a little longer heel to toe.

One of the best line ups so far.
  • vmanvman Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    usmcdad wrote:

And the tour pros are using it too,maybes they need some cavity wedge love to iron out those misshits.
    CALLAWAY EPIC SUB ZERO 10.5*
    CALLAWAY X2 HOT 3 DEEP 14.5*
    ADAMS PRO MINI 18*
    CALLAWAY APEX 4-A
    CALLAWAY MD FORGED 52* 58*
    ODYSSEY TOULON LONG ISLAND
  • haydoshaydos Members Posts: 262
    like the look of the zstar stuff, didn't like the cg16 irons much pretty busy and chunky.
  • b~carnoustieb~carnoustie Titrixon Man Members Posts: 136 ✭✭
    did the srixon ztx irons always have the tungsten or whatever material of weight in the outer lower cavity?
  • WhiteStakeWhiteStake Members Posts: 321 ✭✭
    I like the look of the CG16 Tours. The black finish is niiiiice. As far as the cavity, it's positively tame in comparison to most out there.
  • gunmetalgunmetal Members Posts: 1,840 ✭✭
    Cooper wrote:

Srixon irons look nice, but Cleveland dropped the ball with those wedges, what a waste

Well it's no longer "The Year of the Wedge" so why bother, right? LOL!
  • judoguy888judoguy888 Members Posts: 308
    not feeling the z star irons at all, a bit sad about that, look sorta cheap to me. The rest of their irons have always spoke to extremely aesthetically pleasing designs, but i think they dropped the ball with the z star irons. And to answer an earlier post, yes the ztx has always had the lower cavity weights.
  • DoublebuckDoublebuck Doublebuck Members Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    edited Jan 29, 2011 #14
    Cleveland/Srixon is going to have a fabulous year. Maybe not quite as many models as some of the others, but overall I give them #1. What's wrong with two options of wedge models? The groove issue is a dead issue. Putting real quality golf shafts in to their woods and hybrids now that's worth talking about. Great new putter line, great golf balls.
  • ToddGsellToddGsell ClubWRX Posts: 472
    I saw the z star irons a while back. I really like how they look in person. They have a clean look to them. I was only able to hit them inside, and I didn't have my own irons to compare them with, but I kept going back and hitting them again and again. I put off buying a new set that I had picked out because I wanted to try the z-stars out in the real world first. Based on the monitors they were pretty forgiving on toe hits as well. I'm looking forward to hitting these outdoors.
  • judoguy888judoguy888 Members Posts: 308
    good to know todd, looks like something ill have to give a shot, just getting over the looks at the moment. have you tried any other srixon irons to compare them to? i had the srixon 1701 tours and loved them
  • Tanner25Tanner25 Members Posts: 6,245 ✭✭
    judoguy888 wrote:

good to know todd, looks like something ill have to give a shot, just getting over the looks at the moment. have you tried any other srixon irons to compare them to? i had the srixon 1701 tours and loved them

anyone demo the CG16 iron set ?
  • CarloGolferCarloGolfer ClubWRX Posts: 2,497
    I'm so excited about that mashie. Looks perfect.
  • ToddGsellToddGsell ClubWRX Posts: 472
    judoguy888 wrote:

I've hit some other srixon irons a handful of times, but nothing recent enough to make a good comparison. I thought about picking up a set of 701s, but never got around to it.. I could be wrong, but I think the z-stars are probably longer heel-toe than the 701s--but don't hold me to that. Sorry I can't help more.

It's been a couple of months, but these seemed like they were larger than a lot of forged heads without looking chunky. I'm definitely giving these a second look.
  • IU06IU06 Members Posts: 490
    Cleveland Mashie.....yes sir!
    TaylorMade M1-Matrix Ozik Altus Proto
    Ping i20
    Titleist AP2, CB Combo S300
    Titleist SM 6- 54
    Titleist SM 6- 58
    Odyssey 2-Ball Tour Fill
  • brad_mcwhirtbrad_mcwhirt Members Posts: 80 ✭✭
    Other than the CG16 wedges and irons, the 2011 lineup looks pretty solid. Should be a good year for Cleveland/Srixon...
    Ping Rapture: 9* with Aldila NV 75-S
    Ping G5: 13* with Aldila NV 75-S
    Ping G5: 18* with Aldila NV 75-S
    Ping i5: 3-PW with CS Lite Stiff
    Ping iWedge: 56* with CS Lite Stiff
    Ping iWedge: 60* with CS Lite Stiff