2011 PGA Show - Scotty Cameron Day 2 and 3 Pics

GolfWRXGolfWRX Team GolfWRXMarshals Posts: 8,263 mod
imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
«13

Comments

  • luvthegameluvthegame John Members Posts: 10
    So these putters are for us average golfers....haha! I guess if you can afford it, they would be nice to have. But, I could buy 1000 putters for the price of the one! Can you imagine buying it and then having it not work!!! Argh!
  • FATC1TYFATC1TY Getting it up, and down! Members Posts: 5,139
    Marketing sure is good!



    I'm blow away at the audacity of some of the asking prices, really... There would be tears shed when the Scotty market starts to fall more than it is now.. They are nice, nice quality putters, but it's just a putter.
  • freshprince99freshprince99 Unregistered Posts: 1,362
    FATC1TY wrote:


    Marketing sure is good!



    I'm blow away at the audacity of some of the asking prices, really... There would be tears shed when the Scotty market starts to fall more than it is now.. They are nice, nice quality putters, but it's just a putter.




    remember what beanie babies used to go for on ebay? now you can buy garbage bags full on ebay for $2. the guy who started the company is a billionaire, so someone made money off of this. 40 years from now what do people think a circle t is going to be worth? its not like buying a picasso.



    great pics though, i enjoyed them.
  • hackhack Members Posts: 719 ✭✭
    The beanies are suprisingly affordable and simple.
  • BroscBrosc Members Posts: 60
    hack wrote:


    The beanies are suprisingly affordable and simple.






    Probably the one thing there that is...
  • golfbum9golfbum9 Members Posts: 2,914
    edited Jun 5, 2011 #7
    Gaudy Cameron... image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />

    Just terrible and those asking prices are absurd!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • VictoryRed1VictoryRed1 Members Posts: 101
    Heaven....put those prices are more depressing than going Gibson Guitar shopping
  • Chet360Chet360 Members Posts: 128 ✭✭
    I don't care if I had more money than Bill Gates, I would never put down $10,000 on a putter. It would be cool to beat someone who was gaming one though. The ragging would be endless.
  • easyyyeasyyy Founder & Still a Ho DetroitRules Official, Administrator Posts: 12,288 admin
    Those oil can 009's are awesome!
  • williamowilliamo Members Posts: 2,294
    Could you buy that stuff at the show or what is it just to show?
  • SteveJacksonJrSteveJacksonJr RonBurgundy Members Posts: 118
    OH MY GOD!!!
    Epic 10.5° - Tensei 80X
    Epic 15° - Kai'li 80X
    Exotics 17° - KBS Proto 95 X
    PXG XF - 4-5 C-Taper 130X
    PXG 0311 - 6-9 C-Taper 130X
    PXG 0311T - Wedge C-Taper 130X
    Mizuno T7 Blue - KBS Tour Custom White
    TM Spider Your Black
  • illiniillini Members Posts: 65
    People buy them so he will keep making them, but over $100 for a ball marker is crazy. He is good, I mean use scrap metal and make $100 ball markers that people will actually buy.
  • BogeyDog11BogeyDog11 Don's Twin Brother! Members Posts: 1,285 ✭✭
    "A fool and his money is soon parted" We truely have become a society of ridiculous excess.
  • Long ShotLong Shot Members Posts: 505 ✭✭
    I think Scotty makes a nice product. The of the rack stuff is pretty good. As far as his circle T and such stuff, couldn't even entertain that kind of cost even if I wanted it (which I don't). What I like about his latest line of OTR studio select is how consistant the distance is on similar strokes with different models. There is a lot of consistancy.
  • LUMALUMA I Am My Greatest Downfall Jax Beaches, FL.Members Posts: 2,370 ✭✭
    I love that grey knit cap!
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9 deg / Aldila Rouge
    Titleist 915 F 15 deg / Diamana 70
    Callaway XR 19 deg Hybrid / Project X LZ S
    Titleist 718 MB PW-4i / Project X 6.0 
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50/54/58
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,385 ✭✭
    I like the knit caps as well but people are right, Scotty is a little too big on his britches. I think he's lost his mind and is extremely full of himself. This is why I cant and won't ever play a cameron putter or product. Uterly ridiculous and absurd.
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Project X HZRDUS Black Smoke 70 6.5
    TBD
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey White Hot Versa #6 Tour issue
    Srixon Zstar XV


    GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub

    GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/

    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

    INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13
  • btassebtasse Members Posts: 110
    I bought my first Cameron in 1996 and a few others after that (including a limited edition in 2002 and the TI10). I thought i was nut to pay $700 for a putter. I also joined a Cameron chat web site and it made me realize how stupid people were about these putters.... They talked and said things about their putters like they were objects to idolize and pamper. It's only a putter..... And the majority of people dont play them. Put them in a rack on the wall and look at them. What a waste.



    I got rid of all of mine and am happy i did. I then bought a limited edition Whitlam that basicaly cost me the price of an over the counter cameron putter. That Whitlam is better than any of those $10k cameron putters. And if i need a new putter cover for it it's less that $30.



    But the stuff they make is "pretty".
  • drpinodrpino NYMarshals Posts: 8,970 mod
    Keep in mind the asking prices are set by Table Rock and not Cameron (although I'm sure there are some MAPP/suggested price guidelines). TR is overpriced compared to the "aftermarket" driven by savvy golfers/collectors.
    It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

    WITB: constant rotation
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,385 ✭✭
    drpino wrote:


    Keep in mind the asking prices are set by Table Rock and not Cameron (although I'm sure there are some MAPP/suggested price guidelines). TR is overpriced compared to the "aftermarket" driven by savvy golfers/collectors.






    If Don was upset and didn't agree with Table Rock's pricing he would put an end to it. He doesn't and hasn't done that so his actions speak volumes. In the end he can do whatever he wants but this is why cameron is losing steam and followers. Most people are trying to put food on the table and this knucklehead is creating putters that cost thousands. Poor form Don.image/diablo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':diablo:' />
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Project X HZRDUS Black Smoke 70 6.5
    TBD
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey White Hot Versa #6 Tour issue
    Srixon Zstar XV


    GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub

    GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/

    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

    INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13
  • drpinodrpino NYMarshals Posts: 8,970 mod
    edited Jan 31, 2011 #21
    J13 wrote:

    drpino wrote:


    Keep in mind the asking prices are set by Table Rock and not Cameron (although I'm sure there are some MAPP/suggested price guidelines). TR is overpriced compared to the "aftermarket" driven by savvy golfers/collectors.






    If Don was upset and didn't agree with Table Rock's pricing he would put an end to it. He doesn't and hasn't done that so his actions speak volumes. In the end he can do whatever he wants but this is why cameron is losing steam and followers. Most people are trying to put food on the table and this knucklehead is creating putters that cost thousands. Poor form Don.image/diablo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':diablo:' />




    Oy vey! You certainly are incorrigible in the same vein as the practices you consistently comment on.
    It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

    WITB: constant rotation
  • BENNYSUPREMEBENNYSUPREME Members Posts: 2,462
    How can I get my hand on a couple of those head covers. I really want the black one with the dancing flags.
    JDM TMade SLDR set @ 11.5* w/Speeder 757
    Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
    Adams Tour LS 19* w/DI8x & 23* 9031
    Adams MB2 5-GW w/Black Nickle KBS Tour S
    Machine M6 Inspirer
    50*/54*/58* Satin Puglielli wedge kbs tourS
    WITB Link
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,385 ✭✭
    drpino wrote:

    J13 wrote:

    drpino wrote:


    Keep in mind the asking prices are set by Table Rock and not Cameron (although I'm sure there are some MAPP/suggested price guidelines). TR is overpriced compared to the "aftermarket" driven by savvy golfers/collectors.






    If Don was upset and didn't agree with Table Rock's pricing he would put an end to it. He doesn't and hasn't done that so his actions speak volumes. In the end he can do whatever he wants but this is why cameron is losing steam and followers. Most people are trying to put food on the table and this knucklehead is creating putters that cost thousands. Poor form Don.image/diablo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':diablo:' />




    Oy vey! You certainly are incorrigible in the same vein as the practices you consistently comment on.




    call me whatever you'd like but I call a duck a duck. I admire the putters and think they are well crafted pieces of equipment, no arguement there from me. The problem I have is the price tag that say $16,000. It seems as though everyone in thread feels the same way so your the odd man out.
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Project X HZRDUS Black Smoke 70 6.5
    TBD
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey White Hot Versa #6 Tour issue
    Srixon Zstar XV


    GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub

    GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/

    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

    INSTAGRAM- @Jminis13
  • tembolo1284tembolo1284 Boom Boom Banned Posts: 20,715
    Wow! Will someone actually game this twisty or S shaped hosel crap they are showing? Fancy fancy putters! Don't see them worth anything though...unless they are made of a special material that is actually worth that much.
    Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
    Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
    Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
    Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
    Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
    All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon
  • turtlekcturtlekc 1995 MN PGA WisconsinClubWRX Posts: 12,779 ClubWRX
    edited Jan 31, 2011 #25
    Nobody games those, they are made for collectors. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, what were the materials to paint a Picasso worth?



    Kevin
    I could be wrong
    I've been wrong before
    I'll be wrong again
  • PrutPrut Members Posts: 690 ✭✭
    Not real original designs, are they? Sure this wasn't the T.P. Mills booth?
  • RH63RH63 Geaux Tigers! Members Posts: 331
    J13 wrote:

    drpino wrote:


    Keep in mind the asking prices are set by Table Rock and not Cameron (although I'm sure there are some MAPP/suggested price guidelines). TR is overpriced compared to the "aftermarket" driven by savvy golfers/collectors.






    If Don was upset and didn't agree with Table Rock's pricing he would put an end to it. He doesn't and hasn't done that so his actions speak volumes. In the end he can do whatever he wants but this is why cameron is losing steam and followers. Most people are trying to put food on the table and this knucklehead is creating putters that cost thousands. Poor form Don.image/diablo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':diablo:' />




    If you can't afford to put food on the table you probably shouldn't be playing golf in the first place. A $10k collectible putter is not for people who worry about that.

    Do you bash those who spend $190K on a Ferrari or the comapny who makes them? JAT
  • solarpopsolarpop Members Posts: 179
    Sometimes spending money is not about the practicality of it, but simply to show that you can afford it. Unlike what someone said earlier, if i had bill gates' money, i'd buy a couple of these and game them, then giving them away to my friends just for the fun of it. What's a couple of grand if i had billions..
  • turtlekcturtlekc 1995 MN PGA WisconsinClubWRX Posts: 12,779 ClubWRX
    Prut wrote:


    Not real original designs, are they? Sure this wasn't the T.P. Mills booth?




    The putters are similar in their originality to your post. image/laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />
    I could be wrong
    I've been wrong before
    I'll be wrong again
  • RH63RH63 Geaux Tigers! Members Posts: 331
    kevcarter wrote:

    Prut wrote:


    Not real original designs, are they? Sure this wasn't the T.P. Mills booth?




    The putters are similar in their originality to your post. image/laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />




    I'm sure....T.P. Mills did not have a booth this year. Are you sure you didn't mean to reference Ping? image/man_in_love.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':man_in_love:' />
  • turtlekcturtlekc 1995 MN PGA WisconsinClubWRX Posts: 12,779 ClubWRX
    RH63 wrote:

    kevcarter wrote:

    Prut wrote:


    Not real original designs, are they? Sure this wasn't the T.P. Mills booth?




    The putters are similar in their originality to your post. image/laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />




    I'm sure....T.P. Mills did not have a booth this year. Are you sure you didn't mean to reference Ping? image/man_in_love.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':man_in_love:' />




    I was wondering why there wasn't a TP Mills thread. He usually has some of the best looking putters at the show.



    Kevin
    I could be wrong
    I've been wrong before
    I'll be wrong again
Sign In or Register to comment.