We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

2011 PGA Show - Scotty Cameron Day 2 and 3 Pics

GolfWRX ·  
GolfWRXGolfWRX Team GolfWRX 8671WRX Points: 397Marshals Posts: 8,671
imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
Posted:

Comments

• luvthegameluvthegame John  10WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 10
    So these putters are for us average golfers....haha! I guess if you can afford it, they would be nice to have. But, I could buy 1000 putters for the price of the one! Can you imagine buying it and then having it not work!!! Argh!
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • FATC1TYFATC1TY Getting it up, and down!  5139WRX Points: 2Members Posts: 5,139
    Marketing sure is good!

I'm blow away at the audacity of some of the asking prices, really... There would be tears shed when the Scotty market starts to fall more than it is now.. They are nice, nice quality putters, but it's just a putter.
    Posted:
  • freshprince99freshprince99  1362WRX Points: 0Unregistered Posts: 1,362
    FATC1TY wrote:

Marketing sure is good!

I'm blow away at the audacity of some of the asking prices, really... There would be tears shed when the Scotty market starts to fall more than it is now.. They are nice, nice quality putters, but it's just a putter.

remember what beanie babies used to go for on ebay? now you can buy garbage bags full on ebay for $2. the guy who started the company is a billionaire, so someone made money off of this. 40 years from now what do people think a circle t is going to be worth? its not like buying a picasso.

great pics though, i enjoyed them.
    Posted:
  • hackhack  719WRX Points: 60Members Posts: 719
    The beanies are suprisingly affordable and simple.
    Posted:
  • BroscBrosc  60WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 60
    hack wrote:

The beanies are suprisingly affordable and simple.

Probably the one thing there that is...
    Posted:
  • golfbum9golfbum9  2914WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 2,914
    Gaudy Cameron... image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />

Just terrible and those asking prices are absurd!
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on

Advertisement
  • VictoryRed1VictoryRed1  101WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 101
    Heaven....put those prices are more depressing than going Gibson Guitar shopping
    Posted:
  • Chet360Chet360  128WRX Points: 72Members Posts: 128
    I don't care if I had more money than Bill Gates, I would never put down $10,000 on a putter. It would be cool to beat someone who was gaming one though. The ragging would be endless.
    Posted:
  • easyyyeasyyy Founder & Still a Ho Detroit 12357WRX Points: 613Rules Official, Administrator Posts: 12,357
    Those oil can 009's are awesome!
    Posted:
  • williamowilliamo  2294WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 2,294
    Could you buy that stuff at the show or what is it just to show?
    Posted:
  • SteveJacksonJrSteveJacksonJr RonBurgundy  118WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 118
    OH MY GOD!!!
    Posted:
    Epic 10.5° - Tensei 80X
    Epic 15° - Kai'li 80X
    Exotics 17° - KBS Proto 95 X
    PXG XF - 4-5 C-Taper 130X
    PXG 0311 - 6-9 C-Taper 130X
    PXG 0311T - Wedge C-Taper 130X
    Mizuno T7 Blue - KBS Tour Custom White
    TM Spider Your Black

Advertisement
  • illiniillini  65WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 65
    People buy them so he will keep making them, but over $100 for a ball marker is crazy. He is good, I mean use scrap metal and make $100 ball markers that people will actually buy.
    Posted:
  • BogeyDog11BogeyDog11 Don's Twin Brother!  1285WRX Points: 2Members Posts: 1,285
    "A fool and his money is soon parted" We truely have become a society of ridiculous excess.
    Posted:
  • Long ShotLong Shot  555WRX Points: 117Members Posts: 555
    I think Scotty makes a nice product. The of the rack stuff is pretty good. As far as his circle T and such stuff, couldn't even entertain that kind of cost even if I wanted it (which I don't). What I like about his latest line of OTR studio select is how consistant the distance is on similar strokes with different models. There is a lot of consistancy.
    Posted:
  • LUMALUMA I Am My Greatest Downfall St. Johns / Jacksonville Florida 2374WRX Points: 135Members Posts: 2,374
    I love that grey knit cap!
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9 deg / Aldila Rouge
    Titleist 915 F 15 deg / Diamana 70
    Callaway XR 19 deg Hybrid / Project X LZ S
    Titleist 718 MB PW-4i / Project X 6.0 
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50/54/58
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5
  • J13J13 Dad golf  15907WRX Points: 979Members Posts: 15,907
    I like the knit caps as well but people are right, Scotty is a little too big on his britches. I think he's lost his mind and is extremely full of himself. This is why I cant and won't ever play a cameron putter or product. Uterly ridiculous and absurd.
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Mitsu Tensei Pro White 70TX
    Fairway wood - Under construction
    Irons - Under Construction
    Wedges - Under Construction
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow Neck
    Srixon Zstar XV

WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13

Advertisement
  • btassebtasse  110WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 110
    I bought my first Cameron in 1996 and a few others after that (including a limited edition in 2002 and the TI10). I thought i was nut to pay $700 for a putter. I also joined a Cameron chat web site and it made me realize how stupid people were about these putters.... They talked and said things about their putters like they were objects to idolize and pamper. It's only a putter..... And the majority of people dont play them. Put them in a rack on the wall and look at them. What a waste.

I got rid of all of mine and am happy i did. I then bought a limited edition Whitlam that basicaly cost me the price of an over the counter cameron putter. That Whitlam is better than any of those $10k cameron putters. And if i need a new putter cover for it it's less that $30.

But the stuff they make is "pretty".
    Posted:
  • drpinodrpino NY 8974WRX Points: 73Marshals Posts: 8,974
    Keep in mind the asking prices are set by Table Rock and not Cameron (although I'm sure there are some MAPP/suggested price guidelines). TR is overpriced compared to the "aftermarket" driven by savvy golfers/collectors.
    Posted:
    It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

WITB: constant rotation
    drpino wrote:

Keep in mind the asking prices are set by Table Rock and not Cameron (although I'm sure there are some MAPP/suggested price guidelines). TR is overpriced compared to the "aftermarket" driven by savvy golfers/collectors.

If Don was upset and didn't agree with Table Rock's pricing he would put an end to it. He doesn't and hasn't done that so his actions speak volumes. In the end he can do whatever he wants but this is why cameron is losing steam and followers. Most people are trying to put food on the table and this knucklehead is creating putters that cost thousands. Poor form Don.image/diablo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':diablo:' />
    Posted:
    Srixon Zstar XV

Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13

• drpinodrpino NY 8974WRX Points: 73Marshals Posts: 8,974
    J13 wrote:

drpino wrote:

If Don was upset and didn't agree with Table Rock's pricing he would put an end to it. He doesn't and hasn't done that so his actions speak volumes. In the end he can do whatever he wants but this is why cameron is losing steam and followers. Most people are trying to put food on the table and this knucklehead is creating putters that cost thousands. Poor form Don.image/diablo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':diablo:' />

Oy vey! You certainly are incorrigible in the same vein as the practices you consistently comment on.
    Posted:
    It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

WITB: constant rotation
  • BENNYSUPREMEBENNYSUPREME  2462WRX Points: 55Members Posts: 2,462
    How can I get my hand on a couple of those head covers. I really want the black one with the dancing flags.
    Posted:
    JDM TMade SLDR set @ 11.5* w/Speeder 757
    Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
    Adams Tour LS 19* w/DI8x & 23* 9031
    Adams MB2 5-GW w/Black Nickle KBS Tour S
    Machine M6 Inspirer
    50*/54*/58* Satin Puglielli wedge kbs tourS
    WITB Link

Advertisement
    drpino wrote:

J13 wrote:

drpino wrote:

Oy vey! You certainly are incorrigible in the same vein as the practices you consistently comment on.

call me whatever you'd like but I call a duck a duck. I admire the putters and think they are well crafted pieces of equipment, no arguement there from me. The problem I have is the price tag that say $16,000. It seems as though everyone in thread feels the same way so your the odd man out.
    Posted:
    Srixon Zstar XV

Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13

• tembolo1284tembolo1284 Boom Boom  20715WRX Points: 1Banned Posts: 20,715
    Wow! Will someone actually game this twisty or S shaped hosel crap they are showing? Fancy fancy putters! Don't see them worth anything though...unless they are made of a special material that is actually worth that much.
    Posted:
    Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
    Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
    Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
    Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
    Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
    All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon
  • KevCarterKevCarter 1995 MN PGA Wisconsin 12829WRX Points: 379ClubWRX Posts: 12,829
    Nobody games those, they are made for collectors. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, what were the materials to paint a Picasso worth?

Kevin
    Posted:
    I could be wrong
    I've been wrong before
    I'll be wrong again
  • PrutPrut Miles City, Montana 710WRX Points: 120Members Posts: 710
    Not real original designs, are they? Sure this wasn't the T.P. Mills booth?
    Posted:
  • RH63RH63 Geaux Tigers!  331WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 331
    J13 wrote:

drpino wrote:

If you can't afford to put food on the table you probably shouldn't be playing golf in the first place. A $10k collectible putter is not for people who worry about that.

Do you bash those who spend $190K on a Ferrari or the comapny who makes them? JAT
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • solarpopsolarpop  179WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 179
    Sometimes spending money is not about the practicality of it, but simply to show that you can afford it. Unlike what someone said earlier, if i had bill gates' money, i'd buy a couple of these and game them, then giving them away to my friends just for the fun of it. What's a couple of grand if i had billions..
    Posted:
  • KevCarterKevCarter 1995 MN PGA Wisconsin 12829WRX Points: 379ClubWRX Posts: 12,829
    Prut wrote:

The putters are similar in their originality to your post. image/laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />
    Posted:
    I could be wrong
    I've been wrong before
    I'll be wrong again
  • RH63RH63 Geaux Tigers!  331WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 331
    KevCarter wrote:

Prut wrote:

The putters are similar in their originality to your post. image/laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

I'm sure....T.P. Mills did not have a booth this year. Are you sure you didn't mean to reference Ping? image/man_in_love.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':man_in_love:' />
    Posted:

Advertisement
    RH63 wrote:

KevCarter wrote:

Prut wrote:

I'm sure....T.P. Mills did not have a booth this year. Are you sure you didn't mean to reference Ping? image/man_in_love.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':man_in_love:' />

I was wondering why there wasn't a TP Mills thread. He usually has some of the best looking putters at the show.

Kevin
    Posted:
    I could be wrong
    I've been wrong before
    I'll be wrong again

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.