Teachers - Anyone using V1 Pro with an Apple Macbook?

Looking for laptop recommendations
To the teachers here...are any of you using an Apple Macbook Pro with your video analysis software? I use V1 Pro, and am wondering if I could use it on an Apple.
Blogging about all things golf on my blog at Scott Cole Golf. Will be getting back to teaching part time in 2019!

Comments

• turtlekcturtlekc 1995 MN PGA WisconsinClubWRX Posts: 12,779 ClubWRX
    There are some really good options available for the Mac now. V1 runs with BootCamp, but has some issues. Check out:

Analyzer - soon to be released

Swing It Pro - available on the app store

And I enjoy VideoMotionHome which was written by a friend.

http://www.objectustech.com/VideoMotionHome

Kevin
    I could be wrong
    I've been wrong before
    I'll be wrong again
    Fwiw, I love v1 on my phone and the videos it creates transfer nicely to my Mac and Video Motion...
    I could be wrong
    I've been wrong before
    I'll be wrong again
  • MacBookyMacBooky Members Posts: 471
    I've been running the beta for Analyzr pro-version for a while now and very happy with it ...

run bootcamp with Cswing as well, all have their merits ...... use Cswing for 'live practice' with a DV Cam and Analyzr for lessons and highspeed camera
    MacBooky wrote:

I've been running the beta for Analyzr pro-version for a while now and very happy with it ...

run bootcamp with Cswing as well, all have their merits ...... use Cswing for 'live practice' with a DV Cam and Analyzr for lessons and highspeed camera

I used cSwing under BootCamp as well before the Mac Apps became available. I thought it did a great job.

Kevin
    I could be wrong
    I've been wrong before
    I'll be wrong again
  • MacBookyMacBooky Members Posts: 471

To the teachers here...are any of you using an Apple Macbook Pro with your video analysis software? I use V1 Pro, and am wondering if I could use it on an Apple.

Sorry, to answer your actual question ;-)

Yes you can, but it will have to run under windows so you need to install a windowsversion under bootcamp
  • Thanks for the replies!
    Blogging about all things golf on my blog at Scott Cole Golf. Will be getting back to teaching part time in 2019!
  • Shades234Shades234 Posts: 219 ✭✭
    Apologies for reviving such an ancient thread. It appears that v1 still does not have an official macOS application and has instead focused on delivering mobile apps. While I think it's great that v1 has a free iOS app and is working in that space, I find it too difficult to draw useful lines with my finger, so I needed something I could use on my laptop.

I ended up downloading the student demo version of Analyzer Golf and it does exactly what I need it to do. I can draw lines, circles, playback videos, step through my swing frame by frame, export screenshots, and compare videos side by side. There is a watermark since I'm using the demo version, but I don't mind that and will probably buy a license if I keep using it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file