If GolfWRX is #1....who is #2

HoosierMizunoHoosierMizuno Members Posts: 3,380 ✭✭
I've always found this site to be the best golf forum out there. Anyone found any similiar sites that have such an active and knowledgeable forum members. Sandtrap.com is another that i've found, any others???
Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

Comments

• DizzDizz J.W. Members Posts: 14,258
    I think BSG used to be #1 and then WRX took over several years ago. Now I think the gap between #1 and #2 is Tiger of 2000-esque.
    XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
    X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
    716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
    Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
    Cameron Napa California @ 34"
  • muzzmuzz Banned Posts: 923
    I'm not sure who #2 is, but as stated the chasm is VERY wide.
  • tembolo1284tembolo1284 Boom Boom Banned Posts: 20,715
    Dizz wrote:

I think BSG used to be #1 and then WRX took over several years ago. Now I think the gap between #1 and #2 is Tiger of 2000-esque.

yap...and then tiger went on to win the grand slam in 2001 and 2002 let's say. Thats where GolfWRX is right now.
    Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
    Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
    Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
    Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
    Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
    All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon
  • brucestatsbrucestats Members Posts: 215 ✭✭
    for an all around golf site.. cant think of anything close to wrx. There are several decent classified sites, and some specialty golf sites (putters, mfrs) and review sites..but nothing comes close to wrx for all around coverage imo
  • Pure745Pure745 CPC #15 Members Posts: 11,487 ✭✭
    No site is better than WRX.. my second place is various putter sites and car sites image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist TS3 8.5 - Fujikura TR7
    Titleist 917F2 15 - Fujikura Speeder 857 Evo2 Proto
    Mizuno 919T - KBS CTL
    Mizuno S18 46/50
    [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey 54V/60V
    Scotty Cameron 009 Tool Box

Instagram: @pure745 https://www.instagram.com/pure745/[/font]
  • muxi87muxi87 muxi87 Members Posts: 5,263 ✭✭
    Active = thehackersparadise

Definitely don't think I'd say knowledgeable though...I'm not active or anything there, have never posted or really even looked through it much, but in my brief visits, I've drawn the conclusion it's more mid-high handicap golf commentary than equipment or game expertise in my opinion. TIFWIW.
  • finalistfinalist MASHED POTATO! Members Posts: 5,406 ✭✭
    Mentions of number 2 sites get deleted. ;p
    Many Byron Putters
    Scratch Don Whites
    Scratch Jeff McCoys
    WITB Link
  • whatwhatwhatwhatwhatwhat Members Posts: 278
    Thesandtrap is very active but the mod(S&t cult leader) runs it like north korea, he deletes anything that he doesnt agree with......which is alot, so I came here, much nicer community imo.
  • reridereride Members Posts: 90
    adstout wrote:

I've always found this site to be the best golf forum out there. Anyone found any similiar sites that have such an active and knowledgeable forum members. Sandtrap.com is another that i've found, any others???

WRX is OK but they delete if it's something they don't like or agree with

Thesandtrap is very active but the mod(S&t cult leader) runs it like north korea, he deletes anything that he doesnt agree with......which is alot, so I came here, much nicer community imo.

Hahahahaha

Say it ain't so...............
  • williamevanlwilliamevanl Members Posts: 654
    muzz wrote:

Hahahahaha

LOL, Iacas?! The site wouldn't do well without him. I was yelled at, banned for life and later re-admitted... My favorite sand trap memory was when some guy said he hit the ball really far and caught **** for it so he made a fake account to corroborate his story and Iacas checked the I.P's and put a spoiler in the thread explaining that they were the same person, Hilarious.
  • PingfitzPingfitz Members Posts: 754 ✭✭
    this site is #1 for the reason all of know ! it dose not matter who # 2 is!
    edited Feb 6, 2011 #14

muzz wrote:

Hahahahaha

LOL, Iacas?! The site wouldn't do well without him. I was yelled at, banned for life and later re-admitted... My favorite sand trap memory was when some guy said he hit the ball really far and caught **** for it so he made a fake account to corroborate his story and Iacas checked the I.P's and put a spoiler in the thread explaining that they were the same person, Hilarious.

Yup I think I went through 3 accounts before I found this forum, he bans everyone who disagrees with him, or those who dont particularly approve of S&t, I think I got 2 lifetime bans for simply asking him to name those who won with S&T on tour (BTW I dont really care about s&t I just did it to annoy him) . If you show him up or prove him wrong he just deletes the post, hes like a attention deprived 5 year old. It would be a great site without him......I found him on youtube and lets just say I let my feelings known lol.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • MizunoJunkyMizunoJunky Members Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    I definitely agree, I don't go on sandtrap anymore because of Iacas. Seems like he on their to promote S&T. Most ppl on the site for some reason feel the need praise him liKe a god, which I'm sure he loves.
  • j-robj-rob Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭
    I've been on a few other sites but nothing comes close to GolfWRX. It is superior in every way and has some of the most knowledgeable people. If you have a golf question that can't be answered on wrx, then the odds are it cannot be answered.
  • JimbudJimbud Members Posts: 2,583 ✭✭
    Have to admit, WRX is the big league. Everything else out there is Triple A & Double A minor league. I do like the people over at the HP site. Much smaller but Nice group.
    Titleist 915 10.5
    Callaway Epic, 15 degree 3 metal
    Adams Idea Tech V4 18 Hybrid
    Mizuno MP-54 4-PW Irons
    Callaway MD 3, 50, 54 & 58 wedges
    Scotty Cameron Kombi S, 34
  • CassinoNorthCassinoNorth Recovering club ho Members Posts: 1,329
    Found SandTrap first, posted a bit on there but wasn't nearly as active as I would've liked. Wrx is absolutely awesome.
  • Slappy9Slappy9 Members Posts: 257
    edited Feb 6, 2011 #19

muzz wrote:

Hahahahaha

Yup I think I went through 3 accounts before I found this forum, he bans everyone who disagrees with him, or those who dont particularly approve of S&t, I think I got 2 lifetime bans for simply asking him to name those who won with S&T on tour (BTW I dont really care about s&t I just did it to annoy him) . If you show him up or prove him wrong he just deletes the post, hes like a attention deprived 5 year old. It would be a great site without him......I found him on youtube and lets just say I let my feelings known lol.

I liked that site until I gave my opinion on something and was banned from posting anything for awhile...
    edited Feb 5, 2011 #20
    Slappy9 wrote:

I liked that site until I gave my opinion on something and was banned from posting anything for awhile...

Yup that was pretty much it too for me, there is something seriously wrong with that guy
    edited Feb 5, 2011 #21

Slappy9 wrote:

Yup that was pretty much it too for me, there is something seriously wrong with that guy

No way a Hat fits on that head, it's way too swollen. black%20eye.gif

GWRX is the best, I go to hackers paradise once in awhile too.....no more wasting time at tst, I'm done with that guy.
  • ManchildManchild Members Posts: 164
    The sandtrap site is a very very strange place. Has anyone ever watched the youtube videos he has? I felt like he was going to kick my a** while teaching me something that I'm not sure is S&T.
  • Olson12Olson12 ClubWRX Posts: 2,196 ClubWRX
    spent 30 seconds on the sandtrap and got bored. lol WRX all the way. BSG is dead now.
    2017 M1 with Project X HZRDUS T1100
    Cobra F8+ 16* 4 wood with HZRDUS Black
    Cobra Oversized 19* Hybrid with HZRDUS Black
    Cobra ForgedTech 6-PW
    Ping Forged 50* 54* 60*
    Oddysey Exo #7
  • GeoGeo Happy Geo's Day in the momentMarshals Posts: 7,105 mod
    finalist wrote:

Mentions of number 2 sites get deleted. ;p

Nope. Mentions of number two sites are above board. However, utilizing this site to draw traffic to lesser sites...not so much. One place, in particular, did that many times, necessitating a "not allowed because of spam" filter. The same site that took many of our pictures (including many of those in pitbull808's and JHR's WITB threads! seriously, what is that about?), as well as many, MANY pictures from the web, watermarking them as their own, only removing occasional pics when lawyers get involved. Them...really, REALLY not so much, but then again, they're a far cry from number two. image/einstein.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':beruo:' />

Speaking of which, your own avatar is as much an advertisement for puttertalk as it is for your employer. But all your stuff doesn't get deleted. Kinda looks like you're making something out of nothing, again. image/fool.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':fool:' />

As for other sites, most splinter sites seem extremely dead, comparatively speaking. THP isn't bad though. I'll occasionally check them out. Articles tend to be done really well, though it looks like they're trying to be everything for everyone, with nary a negative to be said about anything. Almost as if they're trying too hard to please everyone to secure sponsorships. Just an outsider's view, of course.

As for blogs, the only one I follow, because I absolutely love, is Flagstick. I don't always read the actual magazine (geared toward canadians), but I never miss the articles in the Editor's Desk ([url="http://www.flagstick.com/editorsdesk/"]LINKY[/url]), so not an actual blog, per se as it's an actual writer doing the blogging. Really good writing to boot--convincing enough to almost persuade me to like Mike Weir. image/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Anyway--this is just my two cents and does not, in any way, represent an official view here, though I'm sure someone will construe it as such. image/pardon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':pardon:' />
    :hi:
  • mosesgolfmosesgolf Members Posts: 6,834 ✭✭
    I used to always go to the former #1 site and now WRX is the clear #1 and this is my new home. Almost never swing my the new #2 anymore. You know who had a great thing going until he decided to become a tyranical owner who ended up alienating most of the membership.
    Taylormade M1 9.5 661 Tour Spec Stiff
    Taylormade M1 3 Wood 15 Kuro Kage Stiff
    Taylormade RBZ 18 Altus Stiff
    Adams Peanut 24* Altus Stiff
    Taylormade PSI Tour DGS300 Stiff 5-PW
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 52 56 60
    Taylormade SI Spider 72 38
  • Awsi DoogerAwsi Dooger Members Posts: 4,220 ✭✭
    THP has a very good natured wisecracking group and overall it's becoming a more substantial site all the time.

Sand Trap ruined its appearance, IMO. Too cluttered. That alone keeps me away more than a year or two ago. I don't mind iacas although he banned or shooed away several posters who I liked and respected. He doesn't mind contrary opinion if you make an attempt to back it up and provide unique perspective. I certainly don't agree with him politically but he responded positively to some of my related posts when I gave some numbers and angles that aren't conventional wisdom. Plus it's interesting that he participates in a wide range of threads, whether it's ball flight rules or Big Break analysis.

Current topics are covered well on many sites but for club and equipment info nothing threatens this site, particularly a basic Search of old threads.
  • FATC1TYFATC1TY Getting it up, and down! Members Posts: 5,139
    I used to post over at Shot Talk, but I got banned I guess because I didn't agree with the ones who run it. I think I was the only one to play golf there after a while too, and the site has like 4 posts a day now.

THP isn't a bad site.. Just kinda cluttered I think, but seems to have really good threads and such.

Never been to the sand trap though.. I like it here well enough. Good BST, and good info on clubs and such.. People get along well enough, and the owners are deeply involved.
  • nikemikenikemike Members Posts: 987
    I left BSG over 5 years ago and went to Tourspecgolf. I was one of the first few members there until I found GolfWRX. This place has been consistently better over the years even though there were lulls when the rats were coming here from the sinking ship.

Many may not remember one of the originals was Golfopinions, which was the spring board for BSG.
  • SALUKI LEFTYSALUKI LEFTY Members Posts: 809
    Kevin N. wrote:

I definitely agree, I don't go on sandtrap anymore because of Iacas. Seems like he on their to promote S&T. Most ppl on the site for some reason feel the need praise him liKe a god, which I'm sure he loves.

dito
  • blue_foodblue_food Members Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Started this online golf forum addiction with freegolfinfo.com a couple years back. Couple of real characters still there but not nearly as vibrant as in the beginning. There is a paging Cleve thread that is lengendary for hotties (slightly nsfw).

Hackers paradise has a nice friendly feel to it.

If you are a Canuck or a lefty or both then torontogolfnuts is very interesting.

Nothing comes close to golfwrx though. Nothing. It ain't perfect. But I spend far too much time (and $$$ in the bst) here!
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members Posts: 5,181 ✭✭
    edited Feb 20, 2011 #31
    im agree with what people are saying about the sandtrap forum and it seems like a general observation of the guy. Iacas does control the forum like north korea, micro manages it to death. Deletes tons of posts and give negative rep points when there was nothing wrong with them. I took lessons from the guy and I felt like I couldnt ask questions and if I did he would be defensive in his answers. After I stopped taking lessons he started deleting my posts and treating me like a troll. Hes a weird dude.

btw- their reputation system is bad. People get bad rep and banned all the time for no reason. very biased place. I also have noticed that the people there feel the need to worship him like some God to get on his good side or something -like others have said in this thread