Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Best Low Cut or No Show Socks.....

rsjasonprsjasonp Members Posts: 209 ✭✭
need to find some new socks for this summer
I have chimed in on the "Best Sock" topic in the past couple of weeks. I really like the Swiftwick socks, I have several pair of the ones and fours that I wear with pants on the course, I will even wear the fours to work they are so comfortable. However they don't offer a low-cut or no-show version. The "Ones" are just a little high for me, I have always used the roll top Nike or Footjoys. Late last summer I used the Footjoy ProDry Extreme Roll-Top socks they were great but the heel gets a little loose over time. Plus I like the classic look of the Footjoys....anything out there that has a good tight fit (like Swiftwick) that you can't see with your shoes on?

Thanks,

Jason P.

Comments

• matt_includedmatt_included Keep on Grindin' ClubWRX Posts: 1,090 ClubWRX
    edited Feb 23, 2011 #2
    Sounds crazy but...

Head to Walmart...Boys section...No-Show Starter Brand Socks. 3 different sizes to choose from and all are snug considering they are junior socks. Very cheap and great quality! Something like $6.00 bucks for 6 pairs!?!

image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
  • jjarrett79jjarrett79 Members Posts: 140
    I thought swiftwick offered no shows called "zeros."
  • BlakesterBlakester Members Posts: 1,478 ✭✭
    Check out Sof Sole socks. They are available at places like Dick's and other sports-type stores. They are "performance" socks. Cost a little more but are really comfortable. Nice and light-weight and moisture-wicking for hot weather. Hold up well, too. I've had several pairs for over a year now and they still fit and feel great.

[url="http://www.sofsole.com/mens/socks/"]http://www.sofsole.com/mens/socks/[/url]
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero, Diamana D+ 63g Stiff
    Callaway XR 5 wood, Project X LZ 6.0
    Callaway XR 7 wood, Project X LZ 6.0
    Titleist 915 H 24*, Diamana D+ 82 HY Stiff
    Adams XTD Forged PW-5, Aldila RIP Tour 115 Stiff
    TaylorMade ATV 54 and 58, Ozik Program 130 Stiff
    Scotty Cameron CA Monterey, 35"
  • Mr.MizzyMr.Mizzy Tinkerer Members Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like pumas no show sport socks, not sure on name but they are very comfortable.
  • ClarkGrswld4ClarkGrswld4 Members Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    glad this thread was made as I almost started one....

are the swiftwick zero's truly no show socks? i've only seen them on the website and there they look like they are a little higher on the ankle than i would like. if you can compare, i currently wear the nike drifit no shows.
  • joesgonegolfingjoesgonegolfing Older But Better Rockville, MDClubWRX Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Target...women's section by Prince (?), I buy them in black and white, they come in two different weights, one thin moisture wicking and the other a little thicker.

They are cheap and last a long time.

My Footjoy no shows, also womens, but they are 5 times as much and don't last half as long.

I am a mens size 8.5 or 8, I find when I buy womens socks in the no-show variety they come out PERFECT.

Joe
    Driver: Ping 9 G410 Plus EvenFlow Black 6.0 75g 
    Wood: Ping 14.5 G410 EvenFlow Black 6.0 85g 
    Hybrid: Ping G410 19 and 22 EvenFlow Black 6.0 95g 
    Irons: Ping i210 4-PW DGS105
    Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 54/SS 60/TS DGS105
    Putter:  ZB Vault 2.0 Stealth (Shaft and Head, Ping 58 Grip)
    Bag: 2019 Ping Hoofer
  • PepperturboPepperturbo Midwest and SouthwestMembers Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't say mine are fully hidden but the best for my dollar are [url="http://www.thorlo.com/"]THORLO[/url] They wear for ever, and help to cushion the pounding that comes from walking miles.
    • Titleist TS2 9.5, PX HZRDUS Red 65
    • Titleist 917D2 15*, PX HZRDUS Red 75
    • Titleist 716T-MB 17* 2 iron, Steelfiber i95cw "S"
    • Titleist 716CB 3i-PW, Steelfiber i95cw "S"
    • SM6 F-52*, Steelfiber i110cw "S"
    • SM6 M-58*, DG-S200
    • SC California Monterey
    • ProV1

Can't say mine are fully hidden but the best for my dollar are [url="http://www.thorlo.com/"]THORLO[/url] They wear for ever, and help to cushion the pounding that comes from walking miles.
    • SM6 M-58*, DG-S200
    • SC California Monterey
    • ProV1

• SM6 M-58*, DG-S200
    • SC California Monterey
    • ProV1

• muzzmuzz Banned Posts: 923
    I started wearing Feetures Original last year, and they are great socks.

They can be ordered in different sizes too.

They sell them alot at Tennis stores and the like, but I buy them online(at a tennis store heheh).

They cost more, around 6-$8 depending on what you want, but they are worth it for golf IMO.
  • pga43pga43 GolfWRX.com's Tour Photographer Nashville,_ TNMarshals Posts: 9,347 mod
    The Swiftwick zeros are a true no show sock. Poulter is just one of many pros out tour who wears them.

Greg
    GolfWRX.com
    twitter @gdm43pga
    pga43 wrote:

The Swiftwick zeros are a true no show sock. Poulter is just one of many pros out tour who wears them.

Greg

thank you, i will give them a shot
  • rsjasonprsjasonp Members Posts: 209 ✭✭
    I do own 2 pair of the Zero's from Swiftwick....they are AWESOME socks but they sit above the ankle, you see a little too much shock for me....as compared to the Footjoys.
  • Circle_PCircle_P Members Posts: 388 ✭✭✭✭
    I wear the [url="http://www.defeet.com"]www.defeet.com[/url] brand socks. They're not the cheapest but they don't wear out. I wear them for golf, running and cycling. They never lose their elasticity. They come in a few different styles so that is nice. Thick, thin, cool, wool, tube, no-show, etc. They're fantastic.
  • _MS22__MS22_ No Pressure, No Diamonds . . . ClubWRX Posts: 2,441
    A couple guys here got it right with the Thorlo and DeFeet recommendations. I like the Thorlo Experia line. Check out RRS and you can find some sales on great socks like Asics Kayano Lo, SmartWool PhD Lo (my favorite), and my go to the RRS Dryroad Wool Double Tab. If you like crazy 1/2" cushion check out the regular Thorlo line, the rest I mentioned are more supportive and geared towards sweat evaporation with only heel and forefoot cushioning.
    Haiku as a sig?
    They may be overrated
    But I'm rocking one!
    WITB:
    balls, clubs, keys to your moms place...
  • The Long ballThe Long ball Members Posts: 300 ✭✭✭✭
    I wear these nike socks they have great support, thin and comfortable. Also there made for Right and Left foot specific and are a very low cut and have the extra "sock tab" in the back so that your heel doesnt get rubbed raw. I found them at Academy they are a little pricey ($11.99) but you really only need 2 pair!
  • jjarrett79jjarrett79 Members Posts: 140
    I wish socks would come in your shoe size instead of a range of sizes. I have never found a pair of no shows that actually don't show. I might have to start buying womens socks like the guy above.
  • edwellyedwelly Space For Rent Members Posts: 1,254
    I recommend Balga Hidden Comfort - around 8.99 a pair, there really hold up well.
  • GachnarGachnar Members Posts: 452
    +1 for the Smartwool PhD Running micros. very low cut, but with a little padding on the back so the back of your heel doesn't get rubbed raw, and being smartwool your feet will always be comfy and dry.
  • smolesmole Lefty Boomers Posts: 34
    edited Feb 24, 2011 #21
    Circle_P wrote:

I wear the [url="http://www.defeet.com"]www.defeet.com[/url] brand socks. They're not the cheapest but they don't wear out. I wear them for golf, running and cycling. They never lose their elasticity. They come in a few different styles so that is nice. Thick, thin, cool, wool, tube, no-show, etc. They're fantastic.

I agree, but would also add Eurosocks Ace Cool Ghost sock to the list. The socks are a bit more spendy, but well worth the price when you compare the quality. Definitely the longest lasting socks I've tried, especially the comment on their elasticity. There's nothing worse than a no show sock slipping on your foot in the middle of a round.
    pga43 wrote:

Greg

rsjasonp wrote:

I do own 2 pair of the Zero's from Swiftwick....they are AWESOME socks but they sit above the ankle, you see a little too much shock for me....as compared to the Footjoys.

einstein.gif can somebody else weigh in on their experience with these then? one says they show, one says they don't show...i definitely don't want socks cut up around the ankle
    bump...was hoping to get some more feedback on my question about the swiftwick zeroes....it is a 1-1 tie right now
  • joesgonegolfingjoesgonegolfing Older But Better Rockville, MDClubWRX Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    jjarrett79 wrote:

I wish socks would come in your shoe size instead of a range of sizes. I have never found a pair of no shows that actually don't show. I might have to start buying womens socks like the guy above.

It really does work, you can't see my socks at all, and they don't slip because they fit so tight. I now use the black ones for my dress slacks, I hate dress socks you can't keep up. Mens standard sizes are just too big for the no show look and comfort.

Joe
    Driver: Ping 9 G410 Plus EvenFlow Black 6.0 75g 
    Wood: Ping 14.5 G410 EvenFlow Black 6.0 85g 
    Hybrid: Ping G410 19 and 22 EvenFlow Black 6.0 95g 
    Irons: Ping i210 4-PW DGS105
    Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 54/SS 60/TS DGS105
    Putter:  ZB Vault 2.0 Stealth (Shaft and Head, Ping 58 Grip)
    Bag: 2019 Ping Hoofer
  • johndeere10johndeere10 Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,862
    edited Feb 27, 2011 #25
  • qtlawqtlaw Members Posts: 357 ✭✭✭✭
    Best socks I've ever come across are Powersox. I've been looking for the ultimate athletic sock since I was a kid and in 40 years never felt anything better.
  • RJRJRJRJRJRJ Members Posts: 5,935 ✭✭
    Nobody wears hanes? I buy them at target for like $10 for 6 pairs. They have one that they call a "liner" which is super low, but its pretty thin so I dont get that one. They they just have the standard low cut from the "premium" line that I wear. These ones are nice and thick and still pretty low. My biggest peeve is when then sock comes up above the shoe at the back of the ankle and both of these are fine. Or you can just buy the womens size and theyll be even lower. Cheap and good. No chance that im paying $10 a pair for socks.
    Ping G25 w/ RIP Phenom
    Adams Super LS Hybrid 17*
    Adams SS Super Hybrid 19*
    i20 4-UW
    Taylormade TM-110
    Cleveland CG14 56 & 60
  • RedSideRedSide Members Posts: 827
    I got some low cut adidas at marshalls for cheap. they're really nice. not sure which ones they are, but they are low cut
  • KMeloneyKMeloney Members Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I wear these nike socks they have great support, thin and comfortable. Also there made for Right and Left foot specific and are a very low cut and have the extra "sock tab" in the back so that your heel doesnt get rubbed raw. I found them at Academy they are a little pricey ($11.99) but you really only need 2 pair!

I have stocked up on similar Nike dri-fit "cushion" socks. They don't have that tab in the back, but they're very form-fitting/snug, comfortable, cool, and no-show. They're great socks.
  • scotchbladescotchblade Members Posts: 2,385
    RJRJRJ wrote:

No chance that im paying $10 a pair for socks.

And in other threads, members are talking about the thousands they paid for their watches and their expensive cigars.

Socks being socks, they don't rank high on the ladder of status.

I used to buy the bargain bulk packs, but have found there is a considerable difference in comfort, performance and durability. You do get what you pay for, even with socks.

I'll stick with my Timex but will splurge on the socks because by golly, I'm worth it!
  • lafayette7lafayette7 Members Posts: 328 ✭✭
    heftylefty wrote:

Sounds crazy but...

Head to Walmart...Boys section...No-Show Starter Brand Socks. 3 different sizes to choose from and all are snug considering they are junior socks. Very cheap and great quality! Something like $6.00 bucks for 6 pairs!?!

image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />

+1..............I like the black Starter no show socks from Wal-Mart..........3 pairs for 5 bucks......they're pretty well shot down by the end of the summer so I buy $20 worth every spring .........have done this for the last three years................................

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file