GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

Best Low Cut or No Show Socks.....

Comments

• ClarkGrswld4ClarkGrswld4 Members  1766WRX Points: 131Posts: 1,766 Platinum Tees
    anybody ever wore the drymax socks they sell at Dick's and Golf Galaxy?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • justinguy15justinguy15 Members  169WRX Points: 80Posts: 169 Fairways
    <br />
    anybody ever wore the drymax socks they sell at Dick's and Golf Galaxy?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I wear the one designed for running to walk and they are awesome. I just picked up two pair of the golf specific but have not wore them on the course. I have sweaty and stinky dogs so any sock that can reduce smell and not make my feel feel clammy at the end of a round of golf is a bonus. I usually wear any kind of running specific socks and seem to work pretty good.
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zerp 10* Evenflow Black 65
    Ping g410 LST Ping Tour 75
    Ping g410 19* Ping Tour 85
    5-6 Srixon Z585 Project X Catalyst 100cw
    7-PW Srixon Z785 Project X Catalyst 100cw
     50*& 56* Mizzy S18 Project X 100cw
    60* Cally PM Grind 2.0 Project x 100cw
    Toulon Design Palm Beach
  • ronsterronster Members  471WRX Points: 113Posts: 471 Greens
    I bought a couple pairs of Under Armour Heatgear low cut socks for $5.00 a pair at the Factory Outlet. Great sock.
    Posted:
  • Jason PJason P Members  245WRX Points: 45Posts: 245 Fairways
    I picked up some Under Armour no shows that work out really good.
    Posted:
  • ChappieChappie Let's play sometime! Members  3667WRX Points: 97Handicap: 8Posts: 3,667 Titanium Tees
    <br />
    <br />
    anybody ever wore the drymax socks they sell at Dick's and Golf Galaxy?<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I wear the one designed for running to walk and they are awesome. I just picked up two pair of the golf specific but have not wore them on the course. I have sweaty and stinky dogs so any sock that can reduce smell and not make my feel feel clammy at the end of a round of golf is a bonus. I usually wear any kind of running specific socks and seem to work pretty good.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Sounds like me, how did these set you back?
    Posted:
    D - JDM SLDR 9* - Oban Kiyoshi
    3+w - 07 Burner TP - Mitsubishi Blueboard
    3h - Diablo Edge Tour - Fujikura Motore Tour Spec 9.8 HB
    4-PW - TMAG Smoked TP MB - Rifle 6.0
    54* - Nike VR Forged - raw head 
    60* - Nike VR Forged
    P - Naked Nike Origin B2|01
  • oliviahuffmanoliviahuffman Members  2WRX Points: 5Posts: 2 Starters

nice sharing!

Posted:

Advertisement
  • oliviahuffmanoliviahuffman Members  2WRX Points: 5Posts: 2 Starters

recently i read detailed article on athletics men's socks on fashion updates

Posted:
  • colin_mcclaincolin_mcclain Members, Paid BST  36WRX Points: 19Handicap: 5.5Posts: 36 Bunkers

New stance performance no show and ankle are awesome. Pricy but nice!

Posted:
  • jamgamjamgam ClubWRX  128WRX Points: 49Handicap: 10Posts: 128 Fairways

Bombas or Balegas. Bombas are a little more no show for me. I wear Balegas to run in

Posted:
  • brycefazebrycefaze Members  124WRX Points: 60Handicap: 16Posts: 124 Fairways

I recently picked these up; haven't golfed in them yet. But so far comfy. I wear the darn tough lifestyle crew socks to work on a regular basis. They have a lifetime guarantee:

https://darntough.com/collections/mens-lifestyle/height-no-show

Posted:
    • King Cobra F9 Speedback Driver 12 degree
    • Ping G400 5 wood
    • Titleist U510 - 3i 
    • Ping i210 4-w
    • Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50 and 56 degree
    • Taylormade Spider
    • Taylormade TP5X, Titleist Pro V1(x)
  • jdc944jdc944 Members  83WRX Points: 76Posts: 83 Fairways

On -, @RJRJRJ said:

Nobody wears hanes? I buy them at target for like $10 for 6 pairs. They have one that they call a "liner" which is super low, but its pretty thin so I dont get that one. They they just have the standard low cut from the "premium" line that I wear. These ones are nice and thick and still pretty low. My biggest peeve is when then sock comes up above the shoe at the back of the ankle and both of these are fine. Or you can just buy the womens size and theyll be even lower. Cheap and good. No chance that im paying $10 a pair for socks.

I felt the same way until I ordered a couple of pair of Kentwool socks on a Black Friday sale. Since I saw the difference, I have been stocking up on them. My feet sweat terribly. Now when I come off the course my feet and socks are try. We have had well over 100 degree heat indexes the last couple of weeks and they are dry and my shoes don't smell. Much better for me than the bulk socks.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Sizzle81Sizzle81 Members  27WRX Points: 46Posts: 27 Bunkers

Stance no show socks

Posted:
  • PrimexcelPrimexcel Members  188WRX Points: 71Posts: 188 Fairways

asics running socks

Posted:
  • carrier streetcarrier street Members  1284WRX Points: 213Posts: 1,284 Platinum Tees

Pair of Thieves are the best I've ever owned. Total no-show with the little rubber dealies on the heel to keep them on. They sell them at Target.

Posted:
    M3
    910 FD
    3 Titleist U500
    4-PW MP18 MB
    Vokey 52F, 56S, and 60T
    Scotty TEI3 Newport
  • lefty74pghlefty74pgh Lefty Boomers  1576WRX Points: 138Posts: 1,576 Platinum Tees

Balega.

Posted:
  • JRS1939JRS1939 Members  405WRX Points: 192Handicap: 1.9Posts: 405 Greens

Anybody try those new invisasox yet?

Posted:

Advertisement
  • HackerD  HackerD Student of the game Members  3239WRX Points: 191Posts: 3,239 Titanium Tees

On -, @brycefaze said:

I recently picked these up; haven't golfed in them yet. But so far comfy. I wear the darn tough lifestyle crew socks to work on a regular basis. They have a lifetime guarantee:

https://darntough.com/collections/mens-lifestyle/height-no-show

Darn Tough low cut are great, with some cushion and of course they wick superbly.

Posted:
    Callaway Rogue 10.5°
    Adams Tight Lies Ti 3w
    Cally X2 Hot 3H
    Ping Crossover 3-4H
    Ping G410 5-UW
    Cally MD4 56.10
    SC Studio Select Newport 2
  • playmuchplaymuch Members  977WRX Points: 95Posts: 977 Golden Tee

swiftwick socks are very good

Posted:
  • mrh64mrh64 Members  142WRX Points: 63Posts: 142 Fairways

On -, @ClarkGrswld4 said:

bump...was hoping to get some more feedback on my question about the swiftwick zeroes....it is a 1-1 tie right now

They do sit a bit higher IMO, but the fit is awesome. No slipping whatsoever

Posted:
  • jerrytexastechjerrytexastech Members  205WRX Points: 80Handicap: 6Posts: 205 Fairways

Kent Wool. Nothing comes close.

Posted:
  • sharkiesjsharkiesj Members  3314WRX Points: 420Posts: 3,314 Titanium Tees

Nothing is as good as Bombas wool no show socks. Kentwool...uh.. no. Kentwool is only 50%ish wool, making them the same as Smartwool socks and they’re more expensive than Smartwool so Kentwool is a no can do. Bombas is 80% wool and the difference is markedly noticeable. Not cheap but it’s def worth it. I have Kentwool, Smartwool and Bombas, and Bombas makes Kentwool look
    like a 2nd grader.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • JLewJLew Minneapolis, MNMembers  1062WRX Points: 179Posts: 1,062 Platinum Tees

On -, @sharkiesj said:

Nothing is as good as Bombas wool no show socks. Kentwool...uh.. no. Kentwool is only 50%ish wool, making them the same as Smartwool socks and they’re more expensive than Smartwool so Kentwool is a no can do. Bombas is 80% wool and the difference is markedly noticeable. Not cheap but it’s def worth it. I have Kentwool, Smartwool and Bombas, and Bombas makes Kentwool look
    like a 2nd grader.

I've been only doing Kentwool for a few years now (mixing Tour and Low Profile depending on the shoe) but want to try the Bombas line. Which Bombas are you referencing? I only see one option that is 80% Merino and the color/style options are pretty limited - https://bombas.com/products/mens-merino-wool-ankle-sock-4-pack?variant=mixed. The rest of their socks seem to be 69% Cotton.

Posted:
    Taylormade SIM : Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
    Taylormade SIM : AD-IZ 7X
    Taylormade SIM Max 3 Rescue - AD-DI 85X
    Taylormade P790 4-PW : PX LZ 6.5
    Taylormade MG 50/54/58 : PX LZ 6.5
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Taylormade TP5X
  • sharkiesjsharkiesj Members  3314WRX Points: 420Posts: 3,314 Titanium Tees

The 80% is the ankle sock 4 pack. That’s what I get and that’s what I love the best of all my socks, not just for golf. But even their lightweight quarter wool socks are 76% wool. As I said before, the difference is very noticeable.

Posted:
  • MCP_2013MCP_2013 Members  82WRX Points: 83Posts: 82 Fairways

Footjoy compression no show

Posted:
  • JLewJLew Minneapolis, MNMembers  1062WRX Points: 179Posts: 1,062 Platinum Tees

On -, @sharkiesj said:

The 80% is the ankle sock 4 pack. That’s what I get and that’s what I love the best of all my socks, not just for golf. But even their lightweight quarter wool socks are 76% wool. As I said before, the difference is very noticeable.

Are those the only colors they have? Not having a white/natural is a pretty big miss, imo.
    They are also on the spendy side of the market, would have to be good.

Posted:
    Taylormade SIM : Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
    Taylormade SIM : AD-IZ 7X
    Taylormade SIM Max 3 Rescue - AD-DI 85X
    Taylormade P790 4-PW : PX LZ 6.5
    Taylormade MG 50/54/58 : PX LZ 6.5
    Nike Origin B1-01
    Taylormade TP5X
  • jwhite86jwhite86 ClubWRX  1026WRX Points: 390Handicap: 12Posts: 1,026 ClubWRX

Stance... Lots of different cuts... probably have 100 pairs between super invisible, low cut, and crew length

Posted:
    WITB
    Driver: TS2 10.5 - Diamana DF 60 TX
    3 Wood: 915 F 16.5 - Blueboard
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17º w/ Even Flow
    816 H1 21 - Blueboard
    Irons 5-PW: 765 - PX LZ
    Wedges: 50º Ping Glide 2.0
    54º, 60º PXG 0311 - KBS
    Putter: Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277 

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1651462-jwhite86-witb/

Advertisement
  • agood3puttagood3putt Members  2244WRX Points: 1,110Posts: 2,244 Platinum Tees

On -, @jwhite86 said:

Stance... Lots of different cuts... probably have 100 pairs between super invisible, low cut, and crew length

+1 Just got a 3 pack of their Super Invisible 2.0 and they are awesome

Posted:

Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60

PING G410 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 70

Titleist TS2 21* HZRDUS Smoke Black 80

Callaway Apex CF19 5-PW Modus 105

Callaway MD5 50W/54S/58X KBS $-Taper 120 Black

Bettinardi QB6 SBS DASS Tour Dept

Titleist ProV1x

• Ger21Ger21 Members  436WRX Points: 198Handicap: 10.5Posts: 436 Greens

Bombas Performance Golf are really good.

Posted:
    Bridgestone Tour B XD-7 9°- VA SLAY 65 S
    Bridgestone Tour B XD-F 15° 3w - HZRDUS Red 75 6.0
    Bridgestone Tour B XD-H 2H 18° - KBS Tour Prototype 85 S
    Nike VR Pro Blades 3-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White S300 Onyx
    Yururi Tour 56 & 60, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 Onyx
    Grips - Iomic iXx
    Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport
    Srixon Q Star Tour
  • jay_dwightjay_dwight Members  543WRX Points: 160Handicap: .1Posts: 543 Golden Tee

On -, @AG12 said:

On -, @jwhite86 said:

+1 Just got a 3 pack of their Super Invisible 2.0 and they are awesome

I thought stance was that awesome then I got a pair of Feetures from our pro shop and now think Stance is massively over rated.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • gatorgolfer86gatorgolfer86 Members  86WRX Points: 58Posts: 86 Fairways

FJ no shows. stick up a bit below the shoe but below the ankle. They are perfect material and last way longer than the Wal Mart socks. They are all I wear when I don't have dress socks on.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.