Nike Split Cavity

easyyyeasyyy Founder & Still a HoDetroitRules Official, Administrator Posts: 12,293 admin
the muira forged Prototypes that seem to be to few to get!

Comments

• easyyyeasyyy Founder & Still a Ho DetroitRules Official, Administrator Posts: 12,293 admin
    I have to say these heads are remarkable. Soft as anything I have ever hit. Smallish head from heal to toe, thin toplines. Simular bounce and sole width to the TM 300 forged. More offset than the 300 forged, but a progressive one. The 3 iron has less and as you get into the PM there seems more.

I have yet to play them, and will report more info after some play. The forging in tis set was Muira Japan. Joe Kwok swears they are one of the best if not the best made iron ever.
  • JohnnyJohnny Get Kwok'd Charter Members Posts: 8,706 ✭✭
    image/kewlpics.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':vava:' /> just like mine... except mine have less offset...

like em' so much I have not bothered to dust off the Rac Protos...

Mine are started to dulling in the sweet spot and I've hit a few rocks with a couple irons...but hey the are gamers.. I would image/cray.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(cool)' /> if I hit that rock with the rac's image/vava.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
    Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
    Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
    Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
    Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

• LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    WOW. Where'd you get those?
  • freddiecfreddiec Members Posts: 4,277 ✭✭
    easyyy wrote on Aug 6 2005, 07:56 PM:
    I have to say these heads are remarkable. Soft as anything I have ever hit. Smallish head from heal to toe, thin toplines. Simular bounce and sole width to the TM 300 forged. More offset than the 300 forged, but a progressive one. The 3 iron has less and as you get into the PM there seems more.

I have yet to play them, and will report more info after some play. The forging in tis set was Muira Japan. Joe Kwok swears they are one of the best if not the best made iron ever.
    »

Easy, I've been comparing the nike split cavity tours pics to my new MP60s, the heads are exaclty the same, only difference I think, my 60s probably have a slighly thicker top line.
  • gcerts110gcerts110 Members Posts: 147
    i dont get why nike wont release these, they are great looking heads. Its not like nike has too many game improvment clubs, they could afford to come out with somthing alittle less forgiving than the blades. These clubs look like the perfect players cavity back, and i would def. think about getting these for my next set if they ever came out.
  • dangrahamdangraham Members Posts: 59
    Lets get all WRX'ers to gang up. March down to Nike and demand the release of these clubs.

Afterall its cruel making juicy clubs and not sharing. image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />
  • NikeSwooshNikeSwoosh Members Posts: 65 ✭✭
    Man oh man... buttery soft.

IMO, on looks alone they are worth the dough... but, they do perform as well.
  • wedgehoundwedgehound Members Posts: 206
    As gooood as it gets, these are pure! super rare too!
  • JohnnyJohnny Get Kwok'd Charter Members Posts: 8,706 ✭✭
    I sold a set recently... and yes I still have another set... super secret set that I hope to oneday take some pictures of and show to the world.

so good I'm selling my rac protos..actually my rac protos are pretty **** good too but how many irons sets do I need that are multi thousand dollars.

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
    Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
    Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
    Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
    Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

• HifadeHifade Sleepin' on the job. Slacker! Dayton, OHCharter Members Posts: 5,337 ✭✭
    These look alot like Miura's own CB 201's. Attached is a 201 pic for comparison sake. Thoughts???

Cardo
    PING G410 LST 9* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 60S
    PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70S
    TITLEIST 20* 815 Hybrid - Fuji HB 8.8 Tour Spec
    CALLAWAY '19 APEX PROS 4-GW - KBS TOUR V "S" (HSx1)
    CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
    ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM
    BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1's
  • littlepoisonlittlepoison Members Posts: 683
    They certainly look very much alike, but the Nike appears to have a bit "boxier" toe than the Miura...
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    Oh the pain of being a left hander.
  • ace036ace036 Members Posts: 2,001 ✭✭
    I love mine - the softest and most amazing irons I have ever hit or seen - period.
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5° - Fujikura Speeder Evolution V 757X
    Ping G410 14.5° - Accra FX 2.0 300F M5
    Titleist 917F2 21° - Aldila NV 2KXV Orange 75S
    Titleist 718 AP2 (4-PW) - Project X 6.0
    Titleist SM6 50.08F - Project X 6.0
    Titleist SM6 54.10S - Project X 6.0
    Titleist SM6 58.08M - Project X 6.0
    Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F
  • davewaljidavewalji Lefty Boomers Posts: 295
    i say to nike we go, and demand till they give us them!

left handed and all!
  • BuzzkillBuzzkill Marshals Posts: 6,774 mod
    Got a set yesterday. Played 2 rounds so far - nice feel and look good. Need to replace shafts since I play 95 weight these days.
    Cleveland, Nike, Taylormade, Titleist, Vessel
    Handicap:  3
  • easyyyeasyyy Founder & Still a Ho DetroitRules Official, Administrator Posts: 12,293 admin
    Buzzkill wrote:

Got a set yesterday. Played 2 rounds so far - nice feel and look good. Need to replace shafts since I play 95 weight these days.

This are some of the best heads ever IMO. Miura soft and traditional shapes. Nice chrome finish as well.
    easyyy wrote:

Buzzkill wrote:

This are some of the best heads ever IMO. Miura soft and traditional shapes. Nice chrome finish as well.

Thanks for chiming in. They definitely feel great, can't wait to re-shaft them at the end of the week (awaiting epoxy and ferrules).
  • MitchellMitchell Members Posts: 5,487 ✭✭
    edited Dec 24, 2018 #19
    According to Mike Taylor, the man that should know😀, the urban legend about the split cavity irons being forged by Miura is not true. Although not the same mythos associated, forging was done by Viragetech- a quality foundry in its own right. Mike T stated that quality control from that facility stacks up to stuff by Hatori Hanzo😂 Sorta helps to have great master model maker as well.👍
    Taylormade r510tp 10.5* Fuji Evo TS 661 
    TEE cbx 16.5* Accra TourZ LT70 M4
    TEE CNC Ltd. Forged 3-pw s400
    Artisan 53* s400
    Artisan 58* s400
    Cameron 1996 Laguna
    Mitchell wrote:

According to Mike Taylor, the man that should know��, the urban legend about the split cavity irons being forged by Miura is not true. Although not the same mythos associated, forging was done by Viragetech- a quality foundry in its own right. Mike T stated that quality control from that facility stacks up to stuff by Hatori Hanzo�� Sorta helps to have great master model maker as well.��

I believe they're Endo forged most likely but that doesn't matter. They feel like S25 metal which is more important for me.
    edited Dec 25, 2018 #21
    Pulled heads to install my preferred shafts (DG95). Here's wacko head weights for tour irons below, lol:

3-247

4-249

5-259

6-264

7-273

8-278

9-287

PW-295

Noticed removed shafts had no tip weights. Would have been interesting to see what the swing weights were, oh well!
  • MitchellMitchell Members Posts: 5,487 ✭✭
    edited Dec 25, 2018 #22
    Didn't want you to run into that issue, quite a few of those sets got out into market that had been pulled from possible usage by tour due to a change in chrome plater making them less than ideal. You also may want to use caution by checking bore depth, which can effect weight, some also did not have bore depth set (a common check done by the Oven to insure correct headweights and shaft performance) before Nike corporate decided to collect and sell off certain stuff.
    Taylormade r510tp 10.5* Fuji Evo TS 661 
    TEE cbx 16.5* Accra TourZ LT70 M4
    TEE CNC Ltd. Forged 3-pw s400
    Artisan 53* s400
    Artisan 58* s400
    Cameron 1996 Laguna
    Mitchell wrote:

Didn't want you to run into that issue, quite a few of those sets got out into market that had been pulled from possible usage by tour due to a change in chrome plater making them less than ideal. You also may want to use caution by checking bore depth, which can effect weight, some also did not have bore depth set (a common check done by the Oven to insure correct headweights and shaft performance) before Nike corporate decided to collect and sell off certain stuff.

Thanks for the info. Went and checked the bore depth, got lucky, they're all 1 3/8".
    Local course had some used VRs so I took some comparison pics: