Bridgestone e5+

G.Review ·  
G.ReviewG.Review Members  533WRX Points: 3Posts: 533 Bunkers
What do you think?

Posted:

Comments

• BHS Golf KidBHS Golf Kid LETTHEBIGDOGEAT Lefty Boomers  101WRX Points: 60Handicap: 5Posts: 101 Fairways
    Love this ball, great feel.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • chicagobenchicagoben Members  33WRX Points: 45Posts: 33 Bunkers
    Normally I play the B-330S but was in South Carolina earlier in the month for a golf trip and used the e5 specifically for the cold rounds in the am, with temps in the high 40s and low 50s. This is a new incarnation of the e5, so I can't yet speak for how it performs in the warm weather, but I think it is a terrific cold weather ball. I was able to compress it well enough with my driver to get some good distance, yet I didn't give up much feel around the greens. Spin was definitely less with the wedges than with the B330s, but passable.

This ball has a unique niche as a 2-piece with a urethane cover, and it's worth a look for those who are willing to put their "premium ball" snobbery aside. The B330s is still tops in my bag, but this is a very good alternative in the right situations.
    Posted:
  • Ventucky LocalVentucky Local Members  39WRX Points: 0Posts: 39
    G.Review wrote:

What do you think?

I love this ball!! For what ever reasons, this ball has worked really well for me. I got a sleeve from someone because they only play NIkes. I have since played the B-330 too but still like the e5+ better. I drive it better and still really like the feel from 120 yds in and putting. I love it that I finally like a "cheap" ball. I had been stuck on ProV1's for the last few years because of short game feel alone.
    Posted:
  • gshlaven62gshlaven62 Lefty Boomers  40WRX Points: 0Posts: 40
    This year's ball in the green box has dimples in the dimples. They go DEEP. They spin on the approach. They keep me from wanting to spend double on ProV1X's!
    Posted:
  • schlyerschlyer Members  370WRX Points: 55Handicap: 3.2Posts: 370 Greens
    I played e5's all year and loved them. Great spin around the greens and just above average length off the tee .
    Posted:
  • endurancechiroendurancechiro The man with the Iron Thumbs Members  1009WRX Points: 40Handicap: ~15Posts: 1,009 Platinum Tees
    Probably my favorite mid priced ball, just wish they would offer them in yellow like the e6's!
    Posted:
    A bad day on the course is better than
    a good day at work!
    WITB Link

Advertisement
  • Badgergolfer2Badgergolfer2 Members  1355WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,355
    My fav ball right now. Very good spin, good distance, great durability and inexpensive.
    Posted:
  • 2Ironfrenzy2Ironfrenzy Members  47WRX Points: 0Posts: 47
    I just wish they were a little softer... that's the only reason I gave 4/5.
    Posted:
  • Dhurley7Dhurley7 Members  429WRX Points: 56Posts: 429 Greens
    Great balls, good distance. Durable
    Posted:
  • JimmyLeaJimmyLea Members  3WRX Points: 0Posts: 3
    Great ball for me as I like the price and feel the ball has for putts and chips. I have very average club head speed and this ball spins quite well with my approach shots. Off the tee, with my 85-90 mph club head speed and 11 degree driver, the ball seems to have about the right amount of spin to stay in the air a bit longer. The durability is not the greatest, but that is probably due to the softer urethane cover, but I am not proud and will play a slightly scuffed ball for awhile, especially if it has reasonable behavior in regards to finding the hole.

I wish they would do the optic greenish/yellow color with this ball too.
    Posted:
  • PAmatt83PAmatt83 Members  490WRX Points: 27Posts: 490 Greens
    Never played the E5, how's the spin compared to the E6?
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • RobClarkeRobClarke Members  338WRX Points: 38Handicap: 20Posts: 338 Greens

I just wish they were a little softer... that's the only reason I gave 4/5.

Ditto wish they were a little softer....
    Posted:
    Ping G400 woods
    Ping i25 irons
    Vokey sm5 wedges
    putters rotate.. ;)
  • SbarnoldSbarnold Members  173WRX Points: 25Handicap: 6Posts: 173 Fairways
    Agreed on the softness around the green but still the best budget alternative that I've found.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.