Utah

Comments

• ga_pikega_pike Posts: 488 ✭✭
    Thanks for the ideas. When things get a bit closer, I'll reach out and see if anyone is available to play. I'll only be able to play Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of that week and I know everyone has jobs. Thanks again!!
    TM 2017 M1 w DI-6S
    Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 5 wood
    Callaway Rogue X 3H
    Callaway Rogue X 5H
    Callaway XR Pro 6-AW
    Ping Glide 2.0 54 & 58
    Big Oak Havana Custom or Slighter Custom

HDCP 10
  • Jeph62Jeph62 Members Posts: 299 ✭✭
    It's hard, but if you can get on at any of the local private courses they are all pretty good. Willow Creek, Jeremy Ranch, Hidden Valley, Alpine, all GREAT courses

• I'm not from the area, but I went on vacation with my family a few years ago and got the chance to play from the black tees at Soldier Hollow Gold Course. Nearly 7700 yards and I didn't find it very challenging. None the less it is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL course. Very well manicured, and just a pleasure to play.

I'm going back next year to play again with a few of my uncles (I'm 16) And looking to collect some money from them!

P.S appearantly it is hosting the 2012 public links.... not sure if I'm going to be able to get on it. =(
  • Adding to my last post...I shot 86 there and considering the yardage and the tournament its hosting I realize thats a pretty **** good score for a 13 year old
    Bumping this thread guys... I'll be there next week. Playing the 6th, 7th, and 8th. Anyone want to play?
    TM 2017 M1 w DI-6S
    Callaway Rogue X 3H
    Callaway Rogue X 5H
    Callaway XR Pro 6-AW
    Ping Glide 2.0 54 & 58

HDCP 10
  • Titleist87Titleist87 Members Posts: 2,868 ✭✭
    ga_pike wrote:

Bumping this thread guys... I'll be there next week. Playing the 6th, 7th, and 8th. Anyone want to play?

What do you have in mind?
    Cobra Fly-Z+ Aldila DVS
    MacGregor MT 4w Aldila DVS
    Titleist 915H 3
    Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro/'87 Titleist Tour Model/'86 Spalding Tour Edition
    Titleist SM6 50 F Grind
    Titleist SM6 54 S Grind
    Titleist SM6 58 S Grind
    Titleist SC Studio Design 5
    My wife will be in education on the 6th, 7th, and 8th... so I'm on my own to play those 3 days. Would need to be back to the hotel by 4 on Wed and Fri and 2 on Thursday.

Just looking to see if anyone would like to play and may have suggestions on where to go. As a single, I noticed most places do not accept tee times in advance. I'll play as early as someone wants. I'm an 8HDCP but not overly serious. Just looking for fun and good scenery.
    TM 2017 M1 w DI-6S
    Callaway Rogue X 3H
    Callaway Rogue X 5H
    Callaway XR Pro 6-AW
    Ping Glide 2.0 54 & 58

HDCP 10
  • rhinolrhinol Members Posts: 36
    I could have used you today. We were short a player in a tourney in Logan at the country club up here but, that is a bit of a drive.

If anyone is ever wanting to play a round in Cache Valley, let me know. I really enjoy Birch Creek. Great course with great views. The country club was nice today. Sherwood wasn't in very good shape a few weeks ago and Logan River has 9 holes open but there's some extra water on some of those too. They're also building a new clubhouse.
  • hunterxazhunterxaz Members Posts: 2
    Hey folks, new member here. Live in downtown SLC, play anywhere that's cheap around lately though. Kind of new to golf. image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • pingizzlepingizzle Members Posts: 211 ✭✭
    rhinol wrote:

I could have used you today. We were short a player in a tourney in Logan at the country club up here but, that is a bit of a drive.

If anyone is ever wanting to play a round in Cache Valley, let me know. I really enjoy Birch Creek. Great course with great views. The country club was nice today. Sherwood wasn't in very good shape a few weeks ago and Logan River has 9 holes open but there's some extra water on some of those too. They're also building a new clubhouse.

I played the Logan CC last week as well. Good shape and a pretty fun little course. I also adore Birch Creek. Let me know if you want to get out at some point. I live just over the hill in Brigham City.
  • mahanatemahanate Members Posts: 735 ✭✭
    Longtime WRX'er who just moved to South Jordan. Would love to play (or set up some semi-regular) games with local WRX'ers. Play to about a 12. PM and let me know! I have a reasonably flexible schedule during the week as well.
  • JohnBJohnB Members Posts: 8
    Hi everyone. New guy to the site. I moved to Utah from NC 4 years ago and I'm glad to be here. I'm in Draper now.
    I wanted to add a little bit more to my intro...

I usually score high 70's to mid-80s. I really need to establish a true handicap. Just been lazy and busy with other hobbies. I usually play the SLC courses because tee times online are easy to make and most of the courses are walkable. I play often with my wife (of 15 years as of next month). I grew up in the suburbs if Pittsburgh. Went to college in Myrtle Beach, SC and lived in Charlotte, NC for 14 years before moving here for a job with eBay in 2007.

Other hobbies include road and mountain cycling, ice hockey, motorcycling touring, motorcycle track days, skiing, and smuggling quality beer into Utah -- I always have a good assortment of beer from New Belgium Brewery in my beer fridge.

A QUESTION FOR THE GROUP:

When I was in Charlotte, I played with the Amateur Golf tour there: [url="http://www.amateurgolftour.net/"]http://www.amateurgolftour.net/[/url] The director that runs the Charlotte group also created this tour. He's asked me to get this started in Salt Lake City. As a relative new-comer to Utah, I need opinions. Will this work here? My thought is to start this off next year with 8-10 tournaments, and grow it to 12-15 from there once the membership is deep enough to support more tournaments. So please offer up and opinions, ideas, pros, cons, etc. I'm certainly open to any ideas that can make this tour successful. I had a lot of fun playing it in Charlotte, and I think it's a great group to play with.
  • burtonboy1034burtonboy1034 Posts: 90
    edited Oct 24, 2011 #45
    Is anyone interested in playing the Nightmare at the Pointe tourney this weekend (oct 29) at Thanksgiving Point Golf course. It is $45 per player 4 person scramble. It is a 10 am shot gun start. They call it the nightmare tourney because they put all the pin placements in the most difficult spots they can. $45 bucks for a tourney in any case is a good deal. Prizes to the top 3 teams along with long drive and closest to the pin. Me and a friend are planning on playing but we need 2 more players to complete our team. We are both 9-10 handicap so we'd like to find someone around our skill level. If you are interested PM me with your info and I'll get you added. Thanks!
    edited Nov 2, 2011 #46
    [color="#444444"][size="2"]Hi everyone. Just passing some more information about the SLC Golf Week Amateur Tour. This is starting next year. I'm working with some courses and hoping to get 10-12 events for 2012.[/size][/color]

[size="2"][color="#444444"]

[/color][/size][color="#444444"][size="2"]
    Please check out my Facebook page and pass the word about this group. Should be a lot of fun next year! Let me know if you have any questions.
    [/size][/color]
    [size="2"] [/size]
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Looks like a good program. With my full time student budget I don't know that i'll be joining but I'm excited for it once I graduate and have a job.
  • Chef OttoChef Otto I Surf Snow & Putt For Dough Posts: 662 ✭✭
    edited Nov 5, 2011 #48
    Park City Here by way of Massachusetts I also lived in the valley and like to play Wingpointe - The Dell (canyon) - Wasatch (both) - Soldier Hollow (both) and PC Muni

I use to play 3-4 rounds a week but I now have a 19 month old boy and a 1 month old girl so I am down to maybe once a week. I do get to hit a lot of balls at my house I have a couple mats and a net and I can hit full wedges to some pins I have set up in my yard they are 85 - 110 -130 yards. Good fun with a couple people and some beers and a bit of money on the line. I found this site on a google search regarding knock off R11's as I just bought one on Ebay on Tuesday but I am now stoked to maybe play with some of you and to try and play some of John's tournaments next summer. I have not played any stroke tourneys since High School and that was a long long time ago.

Here is my set up at my crib:

mat.jpg

range2.jpg

range1.jpg
    Callaway Rouge 9* Aldila Rogue Silver 44.5"
    Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 15* Aldila Rogue Silver
    TaylorMade p790 2 UDI Project X HZRDUS 85
    PING i500 4-U Project X LZ 6.0
    Vokey SM7 Black 54f - 58k
    Scotty Cameron Futura X7M 33"
  • macdubhmacdubh Members Posts: 317 ✭✭
    Just found this thread, been on golf wrx for a while now, great to see some fellow Beehive State piasannos, I live in Twin Falls, ID now but get to Kaysville frequently (my Mom still lives there), grew up there and went to the U for undergrad. We also have a house in St George for long weekends so any of y'all that live in either South or Northern Utah give me a contact # and when it warms up just a bit would love to get together. If any of you have heard of Blue Lakes CC in Twin Falls it is a true hidden gem in the Snake River canyon not far from where Evil Knievel tried his ill fated jump. Will try to post some pics and if there is interest maybe we can set up a visit (again when it warms up)
  • Mr. TMr. T Members Posts: 119 ✭✭
    I moved to South Jordan in August and play South Mountain most times I head out, but am open to pretty much anything if someone is looking for a partner. My index is 15.1, but hopefully heading lower again as I get some practice time in this year with the move behind me.
    [font=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma, sans-serif]TaylorMade 2017 M1 8.[/font][font=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma, sans-serif] [/font]Project X HZRDUS Black 63 6.0
    [font=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma, sans-serif]TaylorMade 2017 M1 15° Project X HZRDUS Black 63 6.0[/font]
    [font=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma, sans-serif]Callaway Big Bertha 18° KBS Tour Prototype 85 S[/font]
    [font=Arial, Verdana, Tahoma, sans-serif]Callaway Big Bertha 25° KBS Tour Prototype 85 S
    TaylorMade M1 5-AW Nippon NS Pro 950GH S
    Cleveland RTX-3 56° and 60° DG Wedge Flex
    TaylorMade TP Collection Chaska 34" with SuperStroke Flatso 5.0
    TaylorMade TP5x

Bushnell Tour V4 w/Slope
    [/font]
  • peacedogpeacedog Posts: 233
    Any suggestions on golf instructors in Salt Lake/Ogden area?
  • MTMMTM Members Posts: 1,183 ✭✭
    I've taken lessons from a few.

Ken Clark at Golf in the Round is good

Corey Badger at Golf Lab
  • 78blades78blades Members Posts: 1,550
    edited Mar 9, 2012 #53
    MTM wrote:

Nobody else?

Was raised in SLC and moved to Hood River in 87. Learned how to golf at Willow Creek CC back in the early & mid 60's. Really liked that course and I think it was Hidden Valley out past point of the mtn. Back then if you were a member of the Ft Douglas Club you could golf there. Good old "Bonnie" and Mt Dell, always liked those courses. Gotta say the SLC is the only place where I've seen greens fee for good munie courses less than here in Portland Or. May be some day I'll come back for another visit.

I graduated from Judge Memorial, went to the U and graduated from Weber St. I liked Ogden better than SLC.
  • MTMMTM Members Posts: 1,183 ✭✭
    Also, I'm not a big fan of Golf Galaxy in general but I had a pretty good lesson with their in-house guy, Glen Spencer
  • JBirdUtJBirdUt Members Posts: 360 ✭✭
    I'm in West Jordan, just a hop, skip, and jump from Mountain View. I've been in the southern part of the valley most of my life. I shoot from the low to mid 80's, haven't bothered to get a handicap in years.

If it has grass on it, I'll play. I don't have a home course, per say. I just go where my clubs point me.

Look forward to having the opportunity to meet up and play with a few other locals.
  • rlonerganrlonergan Members Posts: 38
    edited May 11, 2012 #56
    I'm in Sandy. Usually play River Oaks and South Mountain.

I've taken a couple lessons from Corey Badger. Like him a lot about to go back next month.
  • JPEG88JPEG88 Members Posts: 7
    I am also in Utah. Live in Ogden. Been trying to play some of the SLC county muni courses as they are way better than where I am originally from. Best course I have played Round here is the Hill AFB course. Longer than most around here, but really enjoyed Old Mill. I really want to play the Jack Nicklaus course in Park City though, but I believe it is über private though. I am always lookin to play with new people though. Let me know if you any of you wanna get together.
  • JakeBarnesJakeBarnes Members Posts: 1,126
    I am actually traveling to Park City for a family get-together starting this Saturday. Any suggestions for courses as well as anyone that might want to play? I'm always up to meet GolfWRX brethren when I am traveling!
    Cobra Fly Z+ 8.5* w/ Diamana D+ 70x
    Tour Edge CB Pro 14.5* w/ Speeder 757x
    Mizuno MP-H4 2i w/ C-Taper 130
    Cobra Fly Z+ 3i-5i w/ C-Taper 130
    Cobra Fly Z Pro 6-PW w/ C-Taper 130
    Callaway MD2 50*/S and 56*/T
    Bettinardi Sabbatini Flow Neck Proto
    WITB Link
  • BeansyBeansy The messican golfer Lefty Boomers Posts: 324 ✭✭
    Anyone know of any deals going on in slc right now? Looking to play tomorrow if any you guys are interested. Email me at [email protected] if anyone is interested.
  • cz13X4cz13X4 Members Posts: 5,586 ✭✭
    Ill add myself to the list of people in utah. I'm in midvale.
    Ping g410 
    Cobra F8  VA Raijin
    Cobra F9 VA Raijin
    Ping S55 Accra 110 tour
    Ping glide stealth Accra 110 tour
    Bettinardi limited minovai
  • BeansyBeansy The messican golfer Lefty Boomers Posts: 324 ✭✭
    Welcome to the club.