Detour/c-5

mike070654mike070654 Members Posts: 157
Has anyone tried either? I need Feedback
I really want to buy one of the Detours with the heel shafts but, i was curious if anyone on here who owns one or has tried one can give me any feedback? If there has already been a post on here someone please direct me to it and mods delete this one. Thanks.

Comments

• mike070654mike070654 Members Posts: 157
    out of all the c-5's i've seen sold here...nobody has any feedback?
  • JHRJHR Charter Members Posts: 4,347
    edited Aug 11, 2006 #3
    I did not care for mine, it was very large and not much feel.

I was able to lag it to right next to the hole from anywhere, but could not make a 6'er, it is alot like the Futura was, it is an aquired taste.

I'm sure it will work for some , but others will not like it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • binnegurubinneguru resident tinkerer Members Posts: 498
    I have one i ordered. I ordered it to figure out how to change the weighting and get a CNC **** milled out of tungsten. I ordered from discountdans for $230.00

I found out today my dad can order them image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':kewlpics:' /> Figures
  • i havent tried the heel shafted detour but have putted with the center shaft version. good feel but just not very good looking from address same proble i had when the futura came out.
  • mike070654mike070654 Members Posts: 157
    if it is anything like the futura i will fall in love with it.
  • MR.PINCHYMR.PINCHY Members Posts: 722
    seems like its very similar to futura..

but its more prefered by pros than futura, i see more ppl wit c-5 than futura..
  • yankees06yankees06 Members Posts: 1,171
    They will be hitting east coast stores by the end of this week.
  • flogball00flogball00 Members Posts: 80
    Had it for a few months now and it is great on distance control. Directional control is a little iffy. Im usually a straight back and thru putter and I noticed that i slowly developed an arcing stroke. This lead me to push a lot of putts and get off course. So that being said, know what kind of putter you are before using this because it may not fit your style.
  • GooseGoose Junior Mod Squad Posts: 1,270 ✭✭
    I tried both the C5 and the detour on friday. There is no difference in them besides for the arrows that were added to the detour. they both are terriffic. and i am getting one. I actually like the Detour better from the aesthetics point of view with the orange arrow at the back of the tail. i was draining putts from all over the place with it.... i took it out for 5 holes of play in the evening on friday. on the first hole i drained a downhill 22 footer for bird second hole i made an uphill 18 footer for bird, third hole i made a 10 footer for birdie. 4th hole got my self in trouble but made a left to right 6 footer for par and on the 5th and final hole made a 15 footer for birdie....so i played 5 holes in -4...the putter really feels great to me.

give it a try

goose
    PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2
  • GolfwolfGolfwolf Members Posts: 2,635
    Can someone give me an idea of the swingweight of the Detour, it is lighter or heavier than the Futura or other Camerons?
    Callaway Big Bertha 10.5º
    TM SLDR TS / TM SLDR 3HL
    Callaway X Hot 25º hybrid
    Titleist AP1 714 5-W1 XP95 S300
    Cleveland 588 RTX CB 54º/58º
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
  • AsleepAsleep Marshals Posts: 9,056 mod
    edited Aug 19, 2006 #12
    The 35"/30gram Detour has a D-9 swingweight.

The 34"/20gram Detour has a D-4.5 swingweight. <---suprising difference?

(For reference, my 34"/350 gram 009 swingweighted at D-8.)

The Detour has the same setup issue that the original Futura had: resting the putter on the ground at setup, the shaft wants to fall back and inside. To maintain it square to target when building your stance you must support the shaft upright, as opposed to a Newport/NewportII that, on the ground, hold square to target resting against just a finger. This is a problem for some, but not for most.

Good feel off the face, but perhaps not quite as good as the Futura/Phantom which I think are excellent. It is "Futura" sized, pretty much.

Jury is still out for me, have to change the Baby T to Studio grip.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font]
  • GolfwolfGolfwolf Members Posts: 2,635
    Thanks for the info Asleep, that is exactly the kind of info I was looking for. image/cool.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':help:' />
    Callaway Big Bertha 10.5º
    TM SLDR TS / TM SLDR 3HL
    Callaway X Hot 25º hybrid
    Titleist AP1 714 5-W1 XP95 S300
    Cleveland 588 RTX CB 54º/58º
    Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
  • hoganapexhoganapex Charter Members Posts: 1,080
    i received at 34" centershafted model model for testing from a friend. to me it feels more solid than any cameron i've ever used including tour cammies. it has a similar feel to futura, but more solid and not that louder sound of the futura. i think the alignment dot and the line/arrow are a little busy, but it has a really solid feel. not as soft as the studio style which is good. havn't tried the heel shafted, but the center shaft model feels really good. you never know how a putter that looks like this will do in the market, but i suspect they will do pretty good. it's a solid putter and i'm impressed though i've not played a cameron putter in quite a while. distance control for me was very tight.
  • hoganapexhoganapex Charter Members Posts: 1,080
    i experienced what you describe with the futura and the face not sitting sq at address , but did not notice this at all with the centershaft model. set it down and it stayed right there for me.