Amateurs with Staff Bags...Yes or No?(merged)

1252627282931»

Comments

• Muirfield WillieMuirfield Willie Members Posts: 414 ✭✭
    I have a Tiger Woods Buick Open 2008 staff bag. Only comments I have received were basically "cool bag" and "where did you get that, I want one". I guess the world really is different away from the internet.
    Nike VR Pro Limited 9.5* 44 1/2" Kai'li 70X
    Nike VR Pro Limited 15* 42 1/2", 19* 41 3/4" Kai'li 80X
    Nike VR TW 2-PW X100, 56*,60* S400
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"
    MacGregor Muirfield 20th 1w,3w,5w X200, 1-SW S500, Muirfield Putter 34"

• Johnny_FairwayJohnny_Fairway South Jersey (Philly Burbs)Members Posts: 556 ✭✭
    I walk and carry, so they're not for me. But I could see why someone would dig one if he or she rides. They must have visual appeal and certainly plenty of room. This seems a "to each his/her own" situation.
  • Jds13Jds13 Members Posts: 85
    The new ping dlx is gorgeous though
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,421 ✭✭
    Jds13 wrote:

The new ping dlx is gorgeous though

Thank you! Love my DLX! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Not really a staff bag though.

dlx.jpg 114.9K
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G410 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • KCCOKCCO Members Posts: 1,871 ✭✭
    Yes, In my man cave.....

I’m just kidding, everyone is entitled to carry what they want, I’d love the space, but’s two reasons for me; stand bag is more versatile, and I don’t like being a billboard for anyone not paying for my clubs
    Titleist 917 D3 Tour Spec Speeder
    Titleist 917 F2 Tensei Orange
    Titleist 818 H2 Tensei White
    Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
    PXG Darkness 52/58 MCI-100 black
    009 ProV1

• PorkerPorker Members Posts: 275 ✭✭
    Started off with a hand me down staffer,... Gone back to a stand bag... Don't think I would want one of these battery powered push carts

• mattortommattortom Members Posts: 5
    I had a Ping staff bag back in the day bags even had stands. I remember how revolutionary the first Ping hoofer was. The options then were a carry bag or a staff bag and the concept of a "mid" staff bag was just starting. I worked for years in a golf shop and the Ping rep had demo a bag that he let me have it. I took grief for quite some time (my brothers still remind me about this bag). Might be my personality, but I could not have cared less. I rode in a cart 100% of the time and really liked having enough room in my bag for all of my gear. I actually felt like my clubs had better protection also.

I am just returning to the game after years on the sideline. I have my new AP3s (replacing 10-year old X-22s) and am contemplating what bag to get. I am a bit bummed that no one has figured out how to build a great cart bag that can be carried as necessary. I still will ride 100% of the time that I can, but would like a bag that does not have to get swapped out by the caddy when you are at a walking only facility (i.e. LACC, Erin Hills, Whistling Straits, Bandon, etc.). I really like the >=2017 Titleist cart bags (either deluxe or lightweight). I have no problem if anyone wants to go bigger for a staff bag, but do not see the reasons considering the availability of cart bags that offer most of the same benefits you would get in a staff bag.
  • dwainwrightdwainwright Members Posts: 92
    Anyone got their hands on the Rogue Mini Staffbag? Would love to see some real life pictures.

Cheers,

David
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Rogue 9* HZRDUS T1100 65g 6.0[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Rogue 15* HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Alpha 815 18* Speeder 885 S[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist AP2 716 4-9 C-TAPER 120[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist SM6 46*F / 50* F / 56* S / 60* M[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Scotty Cameron Squareback[/font]
  • PingGuy68PingGuy68 Members Posts: 345 ✭✭
    edited Apr 29, 2018 #910
    Here's mine, right next to the gun safe holding some odds and ends. I take it out now and then. I like it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]G LST Driver
    G400 5 Wood
    Anser 20/23 Hyb
    iE1 5-U
    Glide 56/60
    Anser Milled 0[/font]
  • shotmarkshotmark Members Posts: 840 ✭✭
    BirdieMac wrote:

A big bag is totally impractical.

Why?
  • jwhite86jwhite86 ClubWRX Posts: 549 ClubWRX
    I've got an old Taylor Made 500 staff bag in my basement... Got it at Dick's for like $25 like 12 years ago... I use it to hold my spare putters... Probably won't see the course ever but it looks cool
    WITB
    Driver: TS3 9.5 - 757
    3 Wood: 915 F 16.5 - Blueboard
    5 Wood: 909 F2 18.5 - Blueboard
    Hybrids: 816 H1 21 & 25 - Blueboard
    Irons 6-PW: 765 - PX LZ
    Wedges: 54º, 60º PXG 0311 - KBS
    Putter: Newport Mil-Spec

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1651462-jwhite86-witb/
  • The Mad BomberThe Mad Bomber I seem to not like new things. Get off my lawn... Members Posts: 1,046 ✭✭
    I rock a staff bag for pushing and when I'm taking a buggy. There's tons of room for rain gear and all the other stuff you'd want in your bag and you don't have to put a puzzle together to get it all in there. I rock a light weight carry bag when I'm hoofing it but have to be a lot more conscientious about what's going in there and what I'll need that day. I have a sweet Sunday bag for short courses, practice and time with the kids.

Long and short of it, staff bags are awesome, but it all depends on what you need from a bag for a particular round. But it helps if you're playing off a low single digit lol.

TS 3 8.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    909F2 15.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    T-MB 2 iron C-TaperLite
    Mizzy MP-5,  4-9 C-Taper
    SM6 47º, 52º, 56º, 60 C-Taper
    Scotty Newport 2.6, 34" Tour Issue X7, Hard stepped x2, Tipped 2"

WITB link
  • Beerman79Beerman79 Members Posts: 30 ✭✭
    I actually had an experience with this the other night.

I stopped at the range before work guy was getting out of his I’m guessing 100k Mercedes and proceeds to pull at Scotty Cameron staff bag out of trunk. From my knowledge 3000 dollar plus bag. With what looked like brmad new Taylor made drover woods and Titleist ap3 irons.

As he set up next to me at range I couldn’t help but admire bag. And clubs. But as i so found out he couldn’t hit any club consistent and ha dappeares the man just has money and is just throwing it around to buy the best of the best equipment. Possibly he just started playing or perhaps he’s under the impression that money can make you a better player. Ether way the bag was awesome looking but defiantly wouldn’t bring that type of money bag out to a public range. Just saying.
    Bet many of those who snuff at golfers with staff bags, drive muscle cars but never been a professional race car driver...
  • Gilbertc13Gilbertc13 Mizuno Staff Members Posts: 153 ✭✭
    Staff bags are functional, but sometimes they can make you look like an a$$. I’m all for them. I had a staff bag as an amateur and have one as a professional. I love the space in the bag. It can hold rain gear, golf shoes, a million golf balls, knick nacks and so on. I don’t care how I look, if I’ve got the game for it or not. I quite frankly don’t care about what people think of me. If it’s functional it’s for me
  • golf_addict73golf_addict73 Jr. Boomers Posts: 234 ✭✭
    Love my staff bag. My Titleist bag is getting a little beat up and worse for wear after the last 10ish years or so. Once I finished up with high school and some college golf, I didn't care at all about walking anymore.

I'm on the hunt for a good deal on the new blue Taylormade Staff bag now.
    Titleist TS3 KuroKage XT60 TX
    TaylorMade M3 15* Tensei Blue 75
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 17* HZRDUS 6.5
    Kyoei KK Black MB 4-PW KBS Tour 125 S+
    Mizuno MP-T7 50/06
    Mizuno MP-T7 54/08
    Mizuno MP-T7 58/12
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Black 33"
    TaylorMade TP5X

Gave my dad the 2011 season opener Taylormade staff bag I won on here. He emails me every week saying how much he loves it and all the compliments he gets on it. My father is going to be 72 this July. Does anyone think he is a poser or doesn't deserve a staff bag to wheel around?

Who gives a crud what kind of bag someone has.

I have been looking for one of those for ever!! Sharl Swarzel won the master's in that year!
    Just thinking.... If you got colours for state/province/ country in another sport ... Would you have a custom bag made with your team logo, number and colours?
  • dommerdommer Banned Posts: 101 ✭✭
    All cart and staff bags should just be discontinued. Let everyone use a carry bag.
    Driver: Taylormade M4 7* / EvenFlow Black 65 6.0
    Fairway: Callaway Epic 14* / Nippon 950 FW X
    3 Iron: Callaway X-Forged UT 21* / Constant CPM
    5-PW: Mizuno MP18 / Constant CPM
    48, 54: Wilson FG Tour PMP / Constant CPM
    60, 66: Callaway MD PM / Constant CPM
    Putter: Swag Handsome One "Tour Proto"
    Ball: TP5X
  • caniac6caniac6 Members Posts: 2,813 ✭✭
    I have a Powacaddy electric cart, and use a Sun Mountain Sync. I really don't like the 14 way top. If I can find a nice staff bag at Play it Again Sports, I'll probably get it.
  • BottleCapBottleCap Members Posts: 1,388 ✭✭
    It's gotta fit the golfer's style.

If the golfer dresses like a pro wearing Nike or Adidas from head to toe, they need the staff bag to complete the look.

I think the carry bag look is the worst.
    Titleist TS2 GD TourAD DI 7S
    Titleist 917 F3 GD TourAD IZ 8S
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3-4 DG AMT S300
    Mizuno MP-18 5-PW DG S400
    Vokey SM7 54M and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • golfman79golfman79 Members Posts: 58 ✭✭

I rock a staff bag for pushing and when I'm taking a buggy. There's tons of room for rain gear and all the other stuff you'd want in your bag and you don't have to put a puzzle together to get it all in there. I rock a light weight carry bag when I'm hoofing it but have to be a lot more conscientious about what's going in there and what I'll need that day. I have a sweet Sunday bag for short courses, practice and time with the kids.

Long and short of it, staff bags are awesome, but it all depends on what you need from a bag for a particular round. But it helps if you're playing off a low single digit lol.

Team CPG!
    Driver M6 10.5* Diamanna Kali 44.5 inches
    3W: 2016 M2 15* Aldilla Tour Blue
    Hybrids: 2017 19* and 22* 2017 M1 Kuro Kage Stiff
    Irons: 2012 MC 4-PW, S300 2* upright, + 1/2 inch S300
    Wedges: 52* Milled Grind Standard Bounce Chrome, Hi Toe 58* S300
    Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour Black Superstroke Midnight/Red grip, custom red line
  • ctsgolfctsgolf Members Posts: 160 ✭✭
    I have a XXIO mini staffer, but it's mainly used as my "display bag" during the off season and bag to hold extra clubs during the season. I would not mind building a nice collection of staffers but they aren't very practical for me due to the amount I walk (carry).
    Taylormade M1  Speeder 661 Evo
    Ping G  Aldila NV 75s
    Titleist T-MB 20°  DG S400
    Titleist 695CB  DG S300 (4-PW)
    Callaway MD Forged  Recoil 125 F4
    Miura  KM-006  

• daleheaddalehead Members Posts: 1,529 ✭✭