Amateurs with Staff Bags...Yes or No?(merged)

Comments

• Muirfield WillieMuirfield Willie Members  453WRX Points: 131Posts: 453 Greens
    I have a Tiger Woods Buick Open 2008 staff bag. Only comments I have received were basically "cool bag" and "where did you get that, I want one". I guess the world really is different away from the internet.
    Posted:
    Nike VR Pro Limited 9.5* 44 1/2" Kai'li 70X
    Nike VR Pro Limited 15* 42 1/2", 19* 41 3/4" Kai'li 80X
    Nike VR TW 2-PW X100, 56*,60* S400
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"
    MacGregor Muirfield 20th 1w,3w,5w X200, 1-SW S500, Muirfield Putter 34"

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Johnny_FairwayJohnny_Fairway South Jersey (Philly Burbs)Members  589WRX Points: 82Handicap: 8Posts: 589 Golden Tee
    I walk and carry, so they're not for me. But I could see why someone would dig one if he or she rides. They must have visual appeal and certainly plenty of room. This seems a "to each his/her own" situation.
    Posted:
  • Jds13Jds13 Members  85WRX Points: 0Handicap: 10Posts: 85
    The new ping dlx is gorgeous though
    Posted:
  • braincramp52braincramp52 Freeport, IllinoisMembers  6385WRX Points: 1,666Handicap: 10Posts: 6,385 Titanium Tees
    Jds13 wrote:

The new ping dlx is gorgeous though

Thank you! Love my DLX! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Not really a staff bag though.

Posted:
    dlx.jpg 114.9K
    Ping G400 driver
    Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
    Ping Anser 20,23,27 Hybrids 
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    Ping, Glide 54,58ES Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3

Snell MTB X

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right
  • KCCOKCCO Members  1872WRX Points: 101Posts: 1,872 Platinum Tees
    Yes, In my man cave.....

I’m just kidding, everyone is entitled to carry what they want, I’d love the space, but’s two reasons for me; stand bag is more versatile, and I don’t like being a billboard for anyone not paying for my clubs
    Posted:
    Titleist 917 D3 Tour Spec Speeder
    Titleist 917 F2 Tensei Orange
    Titleist 818 H2 Tensei White
    Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
    PXG Darkness 52/58 MCI-100 black
    009 ProV1

• PorkerPorker Members  311WRX Points: 24Posts: 311 Greens
    Started off with a hand me down staffer,... Gone back to a stand bag... Don't think I would want one of these battery powered push carts

Posted:

Advertisement
  • mattortommattortom Members  5WRX Points: 0Posts: 5
    I had a Ping staff bag back in the day bags even had stands. I remember how revolutionary the first Ping hoofer was. The options then were a carry bag or a staff bag and the concept of a "mid" staff bag was just starting. I worked for years in a golf shop and the Ping rep had demo a bag that he let me have it. I took grief for quite some time (my brothers still remind me about this bag). Might be my personality, but I could not have cared less. I rode in a cart 100% of the time and really liked having enough room in my bag for all of my gear. I actually felt like my clubs had better protection also.

I am just returning to the game after years on the sideline. I have my new AP3s (replacing 10-year old X-22s) and am contemplating what bag to get. I am a bit bummed that no one has figured out how to build a great cart bag that can be carried as necessary. I still will ride 100% of the time that I can, but would like a bag that does not have to get swapped out by the caddy when you are at a walking only facility (i.e. LACC, Erin Hills, Whistling Straits, Bandon, etc.). I really like the >=2017 Titleist cart bags (either deluxe or lightweight). I have no problem if anyone wants to go bigger for a staff bag, but do not see the reasons considering the availability of cart bags that offer most of the same benefits you would get in a staff bag.
    Posted:
  • dwainwrightdwainwright Members  92WRX Points: 0Posts: 92
    Anyone got their hands on the Rogue Mini Staffbag? Would love to see some real life pictures.

Cheers,

David
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Rogue 9* HZRDUS T1100 65g 6.0[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Rogue 15* HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Alpha 815 18* Speeder 885 S[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist AP2 716 4-9 C-TAPER 120[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist SM6 46*F / 50* F / 56* S / 60* M[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Scotty Cameron Squareback[/font]
  • PingGuy68PingGuy68 Members  345WRX Points: 14Posts: 345 Bunkers
    Here's mine, right next to the gun safe holding some odds and ends. I take it out now and then. I like it.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]G LST Driver
    G400 5 Wood
    Anser 20/23 Hyb
    iE1 5-U
    Glide 56/60
    Anser Milled 0[/font]
  • shotmarkshotmark Members  869WRX Points: 80Handicap: 7.7Posts: 869 Golden Tee
    BirdieMac wrote:

A big bag is totally impractical.

Why?
    Posted:
  • jwhite86jwhite86 ClubWRX  940WRX Points: 341Handicap: 12Posts: 940 ClubWRX
    I've got an old Taylor Made 500 staff bag in my basement... Got it at Dick's for like $25 like 12 years ago... I use it to hold my spare putters... Probably won't see the course ever but it looks cool
    Posted:
    WITB
    Driver: TS2 10.5 - Diamana DF 60 TX
    3 Wood: 915 F 16.5 - Blueboard
    5 Wood: 909 F2 18.5 - Blueboard
    Hybrids: 816 H1 21 & 25 - Blueboard
    Irons 6-PW: 765 - PX LZ
    Wedges: 50º Ping Glide 2.0
    54º, 60º PXG 0311 - KBS
    Putter: Newport Mil-Spec

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1651462-jwhite86-witb/

Advertisement
  • The Mad BomberThe Mad Bomber I seem to not like new things. Get off my lawn... Members  1127WRX Points: 228Posts: 1,127 Platinum Tees
    I rock a staff bag for pushing and when I'm taking a buggy. There's tons of room for rain gear and all the other stuff you'd want in your bag and you don't have to put a puzzle together to get it all in there. I rock a light weight carry bag when I'm hoofing it but have to be a lot more conscientious about what's going in there and what I'll need that day. I have a sweet Sunday bag for short courses, practice and time with the kids.

Long and short of it, staff bags are awesome, but it all depends on what you need from a bag for a particular round. But it helps if you're playing off a low single digit lol.

Posted:
    Host of the Blades4Life Podcast

TS 3 8.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    909F2 15.5º w/ Grafalloy blue
    T-MB 2 iron C-Taper
    Mizuno MP-5,  4-9 C-Taper
    SM6 47º, 52º, 56º, 60 C-Taper
    Scotty Special Select Newport 2, 35" Tour Issue X7, Hard stepped x2, Tipped 2"

• Beerman79Beerman79 Members  31WRX Points: 35Posts: 31 Bunkers
    I actually had an experience with this the other night.

I stopped at the range before work guy was getting out of his I’m guessing 100k Mercedes and proceeds to pull at Scotty Cameron staff bag out of trunk. From my knowledge 3000 dollar plus bag. With what looked like brmad new Taylor made drover woods and Titleist ap3 irons.

As he set up next to me at range I couldn’t help but admire bag. And clubs. But as i so found out he couldn’t hit any club consistent and ha dappeares the man just has money and is just throwing it around to buy the best of the best equipment. Possibly he just started playing or perhaps he’s under the impression that money can make you a better player. Ether way the bag was awesome looking but defiantly wouldn’t bring that type of money bag out to a public range. Just saying.
    Posted:
    Bet many of those who snuff at golfers with staff bags, drive muscle cars but never been a professional race car driver...
    Posted:
  • Gilbertc13Gilbertc13 Mizuno Staff Members  153WRX Points: 3Handicap: +1.2Posts: 153 Bunkers
    Staff bags are functional, but sometimes they can make you look like an a$$. I’m all for them. I had a staff bag as an amateur and have one as a professional. I love the space in the bag. It can hold rain gear, golf shoes, a million golf balls, knick nacks and so on. I don’t care how I look, if I’ve got the game for it or not. I quite frankly don’t care about what people think of me. If it’s functional it’s for me
    Posted:
  • golf_addict73golf_addict73 Jr. Boomers  257WRX Points: 78Posts: 257 Greens
    Love my staff bag. My Titleist bag is getting a little beat up and worse for wear after the last 10ish years or so. Once I finished up with high school and some college golf, I didn't care at all about walking anymore.

I'm on the hunt for a good deal on the new blue Taylormade Staff bag now.
    Posted:
    Titleist TS3 KuroKage XT60 TX
    Titleist TS3 HZRDUS Smoke 6.5
    Mizuno MP20 HMB 18* HZRDUS Smoke 6.0
    Kyoei KK Black MB 4-PW KBS Tour 125 S+
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 50/9
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 54/11
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 2 58/11
    TaylorMade Spider Tour X Chalk 33"
    TaylorMade TP5X

Advertisement

Gave my dad the 2011 season opener Taylormade staff bag I won on here. He emails me every week saying how much he loves it and all the compliments he gets on it. My father is going to be 72 this July. Does anyone think he is a poser or doesn't deserve a staff bag to wheel around?

Who gives a crud what kind of bag someone has.

I have been looking for one of those for ever!! Sharl Swarzel won the master's in that year!
    Posted:
    Just thinking.... If you got colours for state/province/ country in another sport ... Would you have a custom bag made with your team logo, number and colours?
    Posted:
  • dommerdommer Banned  101WRX Points: 2Handicap: +1Posts: 101 Bunkers
    All cart and staff bags should just be discontinued. Let everyone use a carry bag.
    Posted:
  • caniac6caniac6 Members  3447WRX Points: 1,093Handicap: 4Posts: 3,447 Titanium Tees
    I have a Powacaddy electric cart, and use a Sun Mountain Sync. I really don't like the 14 way top. If I can find a nice staff bag at Play it Again Sports, I'll probably get it.
    Posted:
  • BottleCapBottleCap Members  1498WRX Points: 254Posts: 1,498 Platinum Tees
    It's gotta fit the golfer's style.

If the golfer dresses like a pro wearing Nike or Adidas from head to toe, they need the staff bag to complete the look.

I think the carry bag look is the worst.
    Posted:
    Taylormade M5 Mitsubishi Kuro Kage XD 70 S
    Titleist 917 F3 GD TourAD IZ 8S
    Mizuno MP 69 3-PW DG S400
    Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

Advertisement
  • golfman79golfman79 Members  76WRX Points: 78Posts: 76 Fairways

I rock a staff bag for pushing and when I'm taking a buggy. There's tons of room for rain gear and all the other stuff you'd want in your bag and you don't have to put a puzzle together to get it all in there. I rock a light weight carry bag when I'm hoofing it but have to be a lot more conscientious about what's going in there and what I'll need that day. I have a sweet Sunday bag for short courses, practice and time with the kids.

Long and short of it, staff bags are awesome, but it all depends on what you need from a bag for a particular round. But it helps if you're playing off a low single digit lol.

Team CPG!
    Posted:
    Driver M6 10.5* Diamanna Kali 44.5 inches
    3W: 2016 M2 15* Aldilla Tour Blue
    Hybrids: 2017 19* and 22* 2017 M1 Kuro Kage Stiff
    Irons: 2012 MC 4-PW, S300 2* upright, + 1/2 inch S300
    Wedges: 52* Milled Grind Standard Bounce Chrome, Hi Toe 58* S300
    Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour Black 35 inches
  • ctsgolfctsgolf Members  186WRX Points: 145Handicap: 5Posts: 186 Fairways
    I have a XXIO mini staffer, but it's mainly used as my "display bag" during the off season and bag to hold extra clubs during the season. I would not mind building a nice collection of staffers but they aren't very practical for me due to the amount I walk (carry).
    Posted:
    Taylormade M1  Speeder 661 Evo
    Ping G  Aldila NV 75s
    Titleist T-MB 20°  DG S400
    Titleist 695CB  DG S300 (4-PW)
    Callaway MD Forged  Recoil 125 F4
    Miura  KM-006  

• daleheaddalehead Members  1917WRX Points: 608Posts: 1,917 Platinum Tees
    WTF cares?
    Posted:
  • OspreyCIOspreyCI Valley of the SunMembers  5453WRX Points: 478Handicap: 10Posts: 5,453 Titanium Tees

Reviving an old thread. I ended up buying and using a staff bag for sometime. Sold it because it was falling apart. I am thinking about getting another one because I only ride here in AZ. I love the size and love a nice looking bag.

Anyone out there liking their staff bag?

Posted:
    TM SIM Max 9* Speeder 661 S
    TM M4 15* AD DI 6S Black
    TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    PXG 0211 4-PW Modus 120S
    TM MG2 50* Modus 120S
    TM MG2 54*
    TM HT 60*
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat
  • capkingcapking CanadaMembers  678WRX Points: 120Posts: 678 Golden Tee

I recently bought a Mizuno pro cart bag which is basically a bigger cart bag with slightly more room but smaller than a staff. Looks awesome

Posted:

Advertisement
  • ry1808ry1808 Members  437WRX Points: 79Handicap: 0.1Posts: 437 Greens

I've been looking at those bags but have a question for when they're on a cart...

Looking at the photo on their website they have a slot for a cart strap on the side of the bag but it looks like the strap would then cover one of the top pockets, is that the case?

Posted:
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers  3595WRX Points: 590Handicap: 8.2Posts: 3,595 Titanium Tees

If it's like the PING bags, it tunnels all the way through, so it would be under/behind that top white pocket with the blue pull tab.

Posted:

Sun Mountain 2.5+

PING i20 10.5*

(Cobra King F9 5/6)

Adams a7 19*

(PING G25 23*)

Cleveland TA5 5-P

Titleist SM7 52.08F, 58.08M

PING BeCu Anser

• ry1808ry1808 Members  437WRX Points: 79Handicap: 0.1Posts: 437 Greens

Excellent, so when in a bag it would look like this:

Posted:

Advertisement
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers  3595WRX Points: 590Handicap: 8.2Posts: 3,595 Titanium Tees

Yes, that's my guess based on other cart bags I've seen. However, I've not seen that specific bag in person, but I think it's a safe assumption because it would be a terrible design otherwise.

Posted:

Sun Mountain 2.5+

PING i20 10.5*

(Cobra King F9 5/6)

Adams a7 19*

(PING G25 23*)

Cleveland TA5 5-P

Titleist SM7 52.08F, 58.08M

PING BeCu Anser

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.