Jesper Parnevik at the PGA

LanglandsLanglands ScotlandMembers Posts: 1,934 ✭✭
What is he wearing?
He's making Poulter look ordinary today. Think he must have got dressed in the dark.

Some good scoring today BTW.
Callaway XR 10.5
Adams Tight Lies 2 5W
Callaway 3h
Mizuno MP Fli-HI 4
Snake Eyes 600B 6,8
Vokey 48
Mizuno MPT Raw Haze 56
Ping Darby

Comments

• birdie29birdie29 Members Posts: 73
    he looks awesome!
  • CRutherfordCRutherford Members Posts: 1,258
    That's J. Lindeberg apparel for ya!
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Head Golf Professional @ Peninsula Golf Resort, KY[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Srixon & UST Mamiya Staff Member[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Srixon Z565 9.5*, UST Mamiya Elements Prototype 7F5T[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Srixon ZF65 15. UST Mamiya ATTAS T2 8X[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Srixon U45 19*, UST Mamiya iRod 85F5[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Srixon Z765 3-PW. UST Mamiya Recoil Prototype 125 F5[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist Vokey TVD 52/58 M-Grind, UST Mamiya Wedge Proto F5[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2, Frequency Filter shaft[/font]
  • Charlie_FoxtrotCharlie_Foxtrot Members Posts: 2,524
    He looks like Ed Norton from "The Honeymooners".

180px-Ednorton.jpg
  • fireicefireice Posts: 416 ✭✭
    edited Aug 17, 2006 #5
    I love JP look and your right Charlie image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':help:' />

Pic from Gettyimages.com

jppga2006yk1.jpg
    edited Aug 17, 2006 #6
    Yep. Except today he's wearing a white shirt with a faux black necktie that only comes halfway down his chest.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of his look. But I have to admit, like Payne Stewart before him, you know exactly who you are looking at when you see JP's clothes.
  • mcbush25mcbush25 Members Posts: 2,040
    edited Aug 17, 2006 #7
    Here is Jesper's get up for today. Very interesting....to say the least.

Jesper's on Thursday
    mcbush25 wrote on Aug 17 2006, 03:20 PM:

Here is Jesper's get up for today. Very interesting....to say the least.

Jesper's on Thursday

link didn't work for me.

How about this:

tn_gallery_17687_125_4630.jpg
  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator Posts: 26,544 admin
    capt.ee97a24466974ad19fb7808226657fb3.pga_championship_golf_pga219.jpg

Jesper Parnevik, of Sweden, studies his putt on the 12th green during the first round of the PGA Championship golf tournament at Medinah Country Club, Thursday, Aug. 17, 2006, in Medinah, Ill.

(AP Photo/Rob Carr)
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk
    There you go....highly interesting get up he has there.
    I think Poulter still wins though.

Wow. Just wow.

gallery_17687_125_2763.jpgpoulter.jpgg_poulter3_vi.jpg
    Poulter definitely has a rare flare that hasn't been seen before on the golf course.
    mcbush25 wrote on Aug 17 2006, 03:50 PM:

Poulter definitely has a rare flare that hasn't been seen before on the golf course.

I would say that Poulter has a flare that probably hasn't been seen in LSD trips, much less golf.
  • martineli69martineli69 http://juanmartinhoyos.blogspot.com Posts: 232
    edited Aug 17, 2006 #14
    Gotta love the retro look... He definetively stands out and gives J. Lindeberg a different look than Camilo and Baddeley, more modern and young look...

There is nothing wrong with being different... more power to him... but I woudn't wear it... image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':help:' />
  • golfernut78golfernut78 BOOMER SOONER Members Posts: 3,448
    Charlie_Foxtrot wrote on Aug 17 2006, 07:02 PM:

mcbush25 wrote on Aug 17 2006, 03:50 PM:

I would say that Poulter has a flare that probably hasn't been seen in LSD trips, much less golf.

didn't have his flair thursday at the pga. almost didn't recognize him, his outfit was so normal looking.
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]scotty cameron newport beach[/font]
  • TourPro21TourPro21 PGA Apprentice Banned Posts: 545
    martineli69 wrote on Aug 17 2006, 09:28 PM:

Gotta love the retro look... He definetively stands out and gives J. Lindeberg a different look than Camilo and Baddeley, more modern and young look...

There is nothing wrong with being different... more power to him... but I woudn't wear it... image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':help:' />

how on earth is this look more modern and young? he's wearing a bouler hat and a shirt/tie? i don't see how that's modern at all...
  • FairwayFashionFairwayFashion Members Posts: 39
    I think he's saying Camilo & Aaron's look is the younger modern look.....and Jesper's is more of the traditional, old school look!
  • golfsllgolfsll Posts: 539
    ........ IT'S a CLIP -ON!!! ehehehehehehehehe
  • sandysandy ClubWRX Posts: 4,996
    Maybe trying to honor his father---Sweden's most famous circus clown.
  • BluegrasssBluegrasss Members Posts: 42
    I like it. It's growing on me. More and more. It's still different and seems a lot more different than the typical lindeberg flash the other guys carry so well. I LOVE both styles, but the flashy look is getting overplayed. Getting a little tired of it.

What Jesper is wearing this year stylish. An the new JL shoes (next years model) he's wearing this week are NICE. Way better than this year's orange and white.
  • KaBoom21KaBoom21 Members Posts: 1,570
    Yeah, I was going to say Jesper looked like a cross between Buster Keaton and a rodeo clown.