Cameron - Serial Number on Shaft?

GolfcatGolfcat Members Posts: 673 ✭✭
I purchased an original Cameron (Futura Mallet 2) in a non traditional length and weight (33" D0 Swingweight). This putter, according to his site, is not made. There is a serial number just below the grip on the shaft. There is also a spec label on the putter that shows length/loft/lie/Swingweight. It says "Custom Built - Scott Cameron Putter".

What is your guess of the origin of this putter?

The seller did not adequately answer my question.

Thanks!

Patrick
Ping G400 MAX 10.5* w 2KNV Blue
Ping i200 4-u, Glide 54, 58
Guerin GR3 Mallet

Comments

• Rich71691Rich71691 Enough? Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,957
    I think it is a fake. I have never seen scott cameron on a scotty cameron putter
  • Cameron Circle TCameron Circle T The Doc Junior Mod Squad Posts: 2,210 ✭✭
    Actually the very rare scotty camerons first made for very special people had scott cameron stamped on the face NO "y". As far as the serial number on the shaft, I just got a circa 62 #2 and it as well has a serial number on the shaft just below the grip, so that is not unusual.
    I knew that for only the very beginning(before titleist) but I didn't know they did it on the phantoms

Rich
  • RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker ClubWRX Posts: 4,412 ClubWRX
    The Circa #1 I just got also has a serial number on the shaft.
    Taylormade M3 (2018 tour head) 9.9 degree Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S
    Titleist 906F2 15 degree Fujikura Pro 73 Tour Spec stiff
    Taylormade SLDR 2 Hybrid Graphite Design Tour AD DI-Hybrid 85 stiff
    Ben Hogan '99 Apex Blades (3-PW) Nippon Modus Tour 120 stiff
    Miura 52* GW S-200
    Scratch Golf LW Nippon Modus Tour 120 stiff
    Byron Morgan Epic Day Long Pipe Copper plated
    BestGrips Augusta Microperf grips
    hey cameron circle t,

does your futura have a serial #? if it does where?
  • Cameron Circle TCameron Circle T The Doc Junior Mod Squad Posts: 2,210 ✭✭
    nope i have an original futura.....from years ago...well before he instated that practice...so no serial number on that one, and the other scotty's i have are prototypes so no serials on those.
    I think we have the same one then, mine has no red lines. thanks

Rich
  • There is nothing rare about the putter, givin that it is a 33" it was merely a custom order, much as the detours can be done currently. I have a Detour that has wrote on in sharpie the specs that i play givin i don't play standard cameron specs (34.25, 70*, 340g), same with my studio style np2 and circa 62 #3. When you order a cameron thru titliest you can get them set up per your spec, just to the best of my knowledge not change the clubhead weight or adjust the length more than a half inch one way or othe other. As far as the serial number goes again not uncommon on OTR Cameron putters. Enjoy it for what it is a solid gamer.