Tiger's comments on Luke's shirt

pschu75pschu75 Members Posts: 77
edited Aug 20, 2006 in Golf Style and Accessories #1
Room to talk?
I was just reading Tiger's comments about Luke's red shirt, he more or less poked fun at him for wearing a blue belt with the red shirt. Now I only saw Tiger's first two holes, but I thought I noticed he was wearing white socks with black pants and shoes...did anyone else see this? If so, I don't really think he has room to comment on anyone else ability to dress.

p.s. This is undoubtedly the most ridiculous post I've ever made!

Comments

• tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Posts: 25,062 ✭✭
    pschu75 wrote on Aug 20 2006, 11:24 PM:

I was just reading Tiger's comments about Luke's red shirt, he more or less poked fun at him for wearing a blue belt with the red shirt. Now I only saw Tiger's first two holes, but I thought I noticed he was wearing white socks with black pants and shoes...did anyone else see this? If so, I don't really think he has room to comment on anyone else ability to dress.

I noticed that, but if you have a bazzillion dollars in the bank, a former Swedish model in your house every night, 12 majors and 51 victories, he can wear plaid polka dots if he wants! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':help:' />
    **Bag Construction in Progress**
    Mizuno ST190 G 9.5 (Lofted to 10)
    Mizuno ST190 3TS
    Mizuno CLK 2 Hybrid
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 4 Iron Replacement
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal (5-PW)
    Mizuno S18 Wedges - Blue Ion (50-7, 54-12, 58-16, 62-8)
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
  • mcbush25mcbush25 Members Posts: 2,040
    tbowles411 wrote on Aug 20 2006, 10:30 PM:

I noticed that, but if you have a bazzillion dollars in the bank, a former Swedish model in your house every night, 12 majors and 51 victories, he can wear plaid polka dots if he wants! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':help:' />

Agreed...Can't say anything else, but I agree!
  • CarloCarlo Members Posts: 287
    pschu75 wrote on Aug 21 2006, 11:24 AM:

Ok, Golf is a sport!! It is mean to be elegant, but still a sport! You perspire walking 18 holes on the golf course (usually) and the need to wear socks that absorb and reflect sunlight is a must!

Now, I do not think that there is anything wrong in wearing white socks under anything wearing to play golf with the high tech shoes that Nike and Adidas make! But obviously Red shirt and Blue belt are not supposed to match on the course (unless wearing all red (shirt and pants with blue belt and blue shoes) and then it looks cool! Yellow pants, yellow shirt white belt and white shoes also look good...

As an Italian, I was teached to match accessories that contrast with the colour of the outfit (like dark blue suit with brown belt and shoes).
  • TuffKukaeTuffKukae Hack Charter Members Posts: 342
    edited Aug 21, 2006 #5
    pschu75 wrote on Aug 20 2006, 08:24 PM:

Careful... from tonights reading the Nike posse are a little crazy tonight. You think they would be in a better mood consider the victory ! White socks with black pants and shoes... definate no-no. Tiger was probably like how dare he wear a red shirt.
  • BigT7BigT7 Members Posts: 245 ✭✭
    I thought I saw a white sock too, but then he took a step and I thought I saw a black sock....haha does it really matter though?

Big T
  • golfernut78golfernut78 BOOMER SOONER Members Posts: 3,448
    unless your micheal jackson, you shouldn't be wearing white socks with black shoes and black pants.

as for the white and black absorbing sweet and heat differently, they are exposed to the sun so little, the heat gain is not there and color has nothing to do with absorbtion.
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]scotty cameron newport beach[/font]
  • bambooluvbambooluv Members Posts: 1,273
    edited Aug 21, 2006 #8
    lol,

In this day and age you almost cannot get away with white socks and black pants, shoes. But you guys are wrong, I cant get the image off espn but they have a close up of the SP-8's that he is wearing that must be special editions with a white brim around the edge and the dots being red. Tiger is many things, but I'm sure he is smarter than wearing white socks with his sunday get-up =).

Pete
  • NikeTaylormade891NikeTaylormade891 Members Posts: 880
    IF I were paired with TW in the final round, I would wear a red shirt. You know that he will, so if you do it may throw him off a little bit
  • finalistfinalist MASHED POTATO! Members Posts: 5,406 ✭✭
    I've seen white socks on TW many times. He's kinda nerdy.
    Many Byron Putters
    Scratch Don Whites
    Scratch Jeff McCoys
    WITB Link
  • GozzGozz Members Posts: 1,018
    bambooluv wrote on Aug 20 2006, 11:52 PM:

lol,

In this day and age you almost cannot get away with white socks and black pants, shoes. But you guys are wrong, I cant get the image off espn but they have a close up of the SP-8's that he is wearing that must be special editions with a white brim around the edge and the dots being red. Tiger is many things, but I'm sure he is smarter than wearing white socks with his sunday get-up =).

Pete

Did you see his shirt on Friday? Sat was not any better. If he is helping design his own clothing line he needs to get some help from the wife/model.
  • bambooluvbambooluv Members Posts: 1,273
    Gozz wrote on Aug 21 2006, 01:23 PM:

bambooluv wrote on Aug 20 2006, 11:52 PM:

lol,

Pete

Did you see his shirt on Friday? Sat was not any better. If he is helping design his own clothing line he needs to get some help from the wife/model.

I thought the shirt on friday and saturday was nice, but thats just me hehe. But the point I was trying to point out was he didnt wear white socks with black pants/shoes. =) his get-ups are getting wild though.

Pete
  • bbatesbbates Members Posts: 3
    edited Aug 21, 2006 #13
  • tigermjtigermj Members Posts: 282
    I think luke Donald's blue belt is for te blue mizuno logo in his bag image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':help:' />
  • HipCheckHipCheck Toed it a lil, Romes. The Right CoastMarshals Posts: 6,223 mod
    NikeTaylormade891 wrote on Aug 21 2006, 11:31 AM:

IF I were paired with TW in the final round, I would wear a red shirt. You know that he will, so if you do it may throw him off a little bit

If I were paired with him, I'd wear bright banana yellow. Oh wait. Nevermind. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':help:' />
    Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud

• AUDufferAUDuffer ClubWRX Posts: 2,914 ClubWRX
    edited Aug 21, 2006 #16
    tbowles411 wrote on Aug 20 2006, 09:30 PM:

NO way...the guys is all about being fashinable. You can wear white socks with black shoes/pants if you're 80 or a security guard...(see third remark below)

Carlo wrote on Aug 20 2006, 09:47 PM:
    You perspire walking 18 holes on the golf course (usually) and the need to wear socks that absorb and reflect sunlight is a must!

Sunlight? Unless he's wearing knickers that's impossible.

golfernut78 wrote on Aug 20 2006, 10:34 PM:
    unless your micheal jackson, you shouldn't be wearing white socks with black shoes and black pants.

Or if you're Michael Jackson...
    10.5° PXG 0811LX Project X HC Evenflow 75X<br />15° PXG 0341 Fujikura 2.0 7X<br />19° PXG 0317 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S<br />4-6 Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi Oban CT-115 S-<br />7-9 Mizuno MP-18 MMC Oban CT-115 S-<br />Artisan Golf 46/50/54/58 Oban CT-115 S-<br />Artisan Golf 0117 x 2 (Night and Day)
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT Members Posts: 6,991 ✭✭
    AUDuffer wrote on Aug 21 2006, 07&#58;31 PM:

tbowles411 wrote on Aug 20 2006, 09&#58;30 PM:
    pschu75 wrote on Aug 20 2006, 11&#58;24 PM:

NO way...the guys is all about being fashinable. You can wear white socks with black shoes/pants if you're 80 or a security guard...(see third remark below)

Carlo wrote on Aug 20 2006, 09&#58;47 PM:
    You perspire walking 18 holes on the golf course (usually) and the need to wear socks that absorb and reflect sunlight is a must!

golfernut78 wrote on Aug 20 2006, 10&#58;34 PM:

What you don't think BLACK shoes absorb sunlight???
  • SimpSimp Members Posts: 2,908 ✭✭
    swooshLT wrote on Aug 21 2006, 08&#58;11 PM:

Of course black shoes absorbs sunlight. He's not talking about that though. He's talking about the socks reflecting sunlight. Refer to the post that he's responding to.
    WITB
    G400 LST 10°
    VSteel 13°
    Adams Idea Pro 20°
    Adams Idea Pro 23°
    Mizuno MP18 SC's Fli-Hi 4&5
    Cleveland RTX3 50,54 & 60
    TaylorMade Spider Mini
  • CarloCarlo Members Posts: 287
    Simp wrote on Aug 22 2006, 08&#58;25 AM:

swooshLT wrote on Aug 21 2006, 08&#58;11 PM:

Of course black shoes absorbs sunlight. He's not talking about that though. He's talking about the socks reflecting sunlight. Refer to the post that he's responding to.

Thanks, exactly!

And white socks are not a problem in sport (no matter the outfit). They ARE if wearing them under a suit at a convention or a gala dinner!!
  • sergizmosergizmo Members Posts: 2,734 ✭✭
    bbates wrote on Aug 21 2006, 03&#58;50 PM:

Yes. Tiger still wears metal.
  • tigercubtigercub Lefty Boomers Posts: 198 ✭✭
    If Tiger can notice that the stampings/red circles on his putter are off by fractions of an inch, he is completely aware of the fact that he shouldn't wear white socks with black shoes and pants. However, it is a little known fact that certain dyes in colored socks increase the probability of infection if there's an open wound, such as a blister. As such, Tiger is probably a step ahead of everyone and wearing white socks to prevent this. Back when I played basketball, it was popular to wear black socks, but our coaches and training staff wouldn't allow it unless we had white socks on underneath them. I'm sure Tiger doesn't want to wear two pairs just to be fashionable.
  • golfr03golfr03 6453 Jr. Boomers Posts: 344
    the picture clearly shows black socks...the white is from the coloring on the shoes
  • ccfgcccfgc Members Posts: 193
    Okay, now I can sleep. Sweet pic man that cleared it all up!
  • rgk5rgk5 rgk5(OLB) Members Posts: 3,537 ✭✭
    Nike preplans his outfits and sends them to Tiger well ahead of time. So, who is to blame? image/fool.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
    Cobra F8+ 10.5*, Mitsubishi Grand Bassara 39 R

Cobra F8 3-4 wood 15.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 R

Ping G400 hybrids 19*, 22*, Alta 70 R

Cobra F7 5-GW, R flex steel
    Ping Glide 1.0 55*, CFS Wedge flex

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 58*, Alta 70 R

Ping Zing 2 TR 34", Rosemark grip
  • OrdinaryAngelOrdinaryAngel Members Posts: 45
    now I've seen everything on this site... a thread about Tiger's socks!?
  • DuckyDucky Members Posts: 927
    Anything to try and drag Tiger down I guess.

image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
  • damnorcrossdamnorcross Members Posts: 709 ✭✭
    tiger wears some ugly, ugly shirts, so he should keep his mouth shut about what other people wear. and didn't he need to cut a hole in his shirt last year because it didn't fit right? you would think nike would know his sizes by now.
  • sandysandy ClubWRX Posts: 4,996
    How about that mess he was wearing today at the WGC. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYY.
This discussion has been closed.