Golf bag rain hood

Do you actually use it when is not raining?
All the bags from Japan have a rain hood made of the same (strong) material as the bag, while on US bags the rain hood is really soft material (like umbrellas) and I have not seen many peoples using it when they do not play.

In Asia, everybody has the rainhood permanently attached to the bag and when not playing everybody zips up the rainhood and hide (protect too) the clubs during transportation.

Who of you uses the rainhood to cover the clubs? (I think nobody in USA do that)

Thanks

Comments

• DuckyDucky Members Posts: 927
    I use it when its not raining to prevent sun-fading my woodcovers.
  • raehtz10raehtz10 I'm Back!! Members Posts: 1,008
    I have noticed that all the asians I see on course do the same thing. I think it looks pretty dorky.
  • dmboakdmboak Members Posts: 1,095
    Carlo wrote on Aug 24 2006, 12:47 AM:

All the bags from Japan have a rain hood made of the same (strong) material as the bag, while on US bags the rain hood is really soft material (like umbrellas) and I have not seen many peoples using it when they do not play.

In Asia, everybody has the rainhood permanently attached to the bag and when not playing everybody zips up the rainhood and hide (protect too) the clubs during transportation.

Who of you uses the rainhood to cover the clubs? (I think nobody in USA do that)

Thanks

I do it after a round while I'm on the patio enjoying a tall cool one so nobody does a walk-by.
  • EverardoEverardo Members Posts: 247
    I use it when traveling but that's all
  • RagingAardvarkRagingAardvark Members Posts: 563
    I used to leave mine on in the car to "protect the clubs". They tore the **** out of the cover. image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' />
  • CarloCarlo Members Posts: 287
    Thanks to all.

So basically using it to protect every thing (after playing of course) seems right!
  • HairpieHairpie Members Posts: 2,070
    I use mine to protect them in the back of my pickup....
    2016 M2/Fujikura Atmos TS Red 6S
    TEE 15* CB5/Fubuki 60R
    TM R7 TP 18.5* Epic T90S
    Ping I3 Blade 4-PW/JZ CushinS
    TM TP 52*
    TM TP ATV 56*
    TM TP ATV 60*
    Slighter Portland FPR
  • CarloCarlo Members Posts: 287
    Hairpie wrote on Aug 25 2006, 09:51 AM:

I use mine to protect them in the back of my pickup....

It makes sense to store the bag in the car with the rainhood cover... I do not understand why the US version bags do not make the rainhood the same material of the bag like the Japan version... that rainhood made of silky material looks really funny on a $300 staff bag... I have just purchase a staff bag from Taylor Made Ltd. Ed. and I was turned down by the rainhood supplied with it!!! I did not know as I bought it online! I love the bag but disappointed by the rainhood!!
  • mljones99mljones99 Members Posts: 1,842 ✭✭
    I don't use mine at all.