Let"s talk about Royal Collection US line up

joey3108

I will talk about SHIMADA Shaft too here
I decided to put this here as they are a US version line up and YES, I have no problem treating you guys like a tour players when it comes "How do you want me to build this for you?"

I will start with pictures first and will do some write up 1 by 1 on them later. I also will write up about these SHIMADA shaft line up

Go ahead ask any question you want and I'll try to answer all in the write up and I will get a RC official to answer or ask if I have a question that I have no answer with.

THX!

joe

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As most of you knows that Royal Collection was the mother company of SONARTEC. Sonartec was famous for their Fairway Woods on almost every tour. So their FW is a no brainer to be one of the best there is out there. Well known for awesome distance, feel and look. Their Quality is well known to be one of the best, especially in the Asian market. Classic shinny black paint job becoming a trade mark of their woods line up.

As of US Royal Collection line up, I would like to start with:

TOUR VS pocket cavity iron: A classic players cavity look with extra forgiveness due to pocket cavity and how they design the sole. Minimal off set with beveled leading edge sole. It reminds me of a forgiveness of X tour 2007 and look of X forged 2008...but Feels of it's own. Definitely not hollow feel at impact as most of pocket cavity iron. Boxier look from address position, so definitely a must to consider for you who are looking for a players iron look with a more forgiving result. Feel is the one that make me say "Wow ! I want one of these". Testing them with SHIMADA Tour.

Tour VS Blade: Well, Nothing but classic BLADE with some forgiveness due to beveled design leading edge. No doubt one of the softest feeling blade. Shinny finish is preferred for blade players but easily modified if need to be to a satin finish in my shop. Demo club with Shimada Tour X flex.

VS tour Driver: 425cc deep face slight open face, that tell you this driver design for a players who are looking for a classic look with a better workability on how you hit them. Definitely a low spin head with a slight Fade bias. At 425cc is not an extremely hard to hit driver, definitely a good fitting could tell you if you can get a good result with this driver or need to be with a bigger cc more spin heads such as the JP104 version (Demo is not here yet, i will do additional pictures and post on this). Demo club with Kiyoshi S flex 65.

FW: Tour VS is the deeper face lower spin and lower launch head. JP104 is a shallower head profile with a slight more spin for easier lift. Most players go with their JP104 version on almost all level of players, unless you are a high ball hitter with heavy load swinger to the ball. Not much to say on these FW, Their records tell us we can't go wrong with their FW. Can't keep the demo in the house to long, To many people just bought this right out after I build one. YES, It's that good.

HYBRID JP104FH is going to be a popular one IMO. It has a 335 tip for wood shaft set up for an easier load feel for a swinger type of players, but yet I've modified the hosel size to a 355 and 370 for a hybrid shaft version for a better players hitter type of players....LOVE it! Easy lift but hardly ballooning flight. Sharp leading edge make this club very versatile in a deep rough. Definitely in my bag now with a FUBUKI 400H. A few people demo this, definitely placed an order right after that. Just like their FW, it a solid metallic sound to it, especially after more hotmelt on the sole and crown area.

HYBRID JP104H: To be honest, Never had a chance to hit this yet. To many of them love the damn FH series with HYBRID shaft on it. Boxier look to it IMO.

WEDGES: Hmmm This is the real 2011 design success of RC IMO. Love the classic TEAR DROP look. The black face will rust (not on the chrome part), Some people love it on how it frame the ball perfectly at address position with the groves are being black. The Chrome version is definitely gonna be a a JAW DROPPER for you who like the chrome look and looking a soft feel wedge that give you a better distance control when you chip or pitch. WHY? Its a Copper underlay under the beautiful satin chrome finish. Need I say more on that? :) People who know copper under lay, That is the ultimate feel IMO. Sole grind is awesome, Definitely suits almost all kind of players type of swing. Easily ground if need to be. Sale a ton of these just like the Hybrid JP104FH after people demo'ing a couple rounds. No need to convince, just let them demo it! So far people only ask me to ground the LW to a C grind type of sole. Got the demo with SHIMADA Tour Wedge shaft.

STAFF BAG: Well, Simple.... high quality and awesome look. Love it!

LAST BUT NOT LEAST......SHIMADA shaft: This is a family own company who are still at their best when it come to quality. NO they are not a new company, they have been around for a while. Remember Callaway Uniflex memphis 10 shaft? Those are made by SHIMADA. Shimada decided to go after a high end after market with a clear mind on what market they want to enter at. I have been building this shaft for almost 4-5 months by now and I've been testing them from all level of players (20hdcp all the way to PGA tour level of players) Result was consistent......A SOFTER FEEL PX! 600-800RPM lower spin rate compare to tour issue DG and depending on type of swinger, ball flight could be lower or slightly higher than DG. This has something to do to their swing mechanic. It is to good to be true, but a Gateway tour player got one of this switch from DG Tour issue and with 6 iron reduced his spin rate from high 6000 ( some even at low 7000 ) to a 5800-6200 area and lower his ball flight around 1-2*. He is definitely a picker ( shallow short divot ) with a slight cast at impact. Definitely noticeable on how flat his ball flight is now (lower spin).

NOTE: Bending lie on their iron and wedges are noticeably softer and easier to bend. Definitely a high Quality 1020Carbon steel material IMO.

YES, I do have the custom shop acct on this brand...So you can ask me to build them anyway you like them to be.

Shoot me/us any questions, we'll try to answer it to our best knowledge and experiences.

THX!

Joe
[email protected]
These review are base on my best observation and base on what testers told me too.

Yes, They actually are, But the paint line is kind of high, so It will damage the paint if you bend them. Their would line can easily tweak on the sole area to make the head sits open by grinding the sole.

The JP104FH can be ream to a desire angle if we are using 355 or 370 hybrid shaft. However, mot of their heads are already at tolerance between dead square to a 2* open face....Could be a bit more on the FH series.

Plus, we do have room also to make the FW leading edge beveled for friendlier turf interaction for certain type of players. Pic Attached.

I saw one of the drivers at a PGA Tour Superstore last month. Picked it up and loved it. Sat it down and loved it even more. Saw the price tag and quietly put it down! Lol. They make some nice looking stuff.

Titleist TSi2 10* Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TS2 16* Diamana S+ 60X 
Taylormade Rescue 22* Aldila XVS9
Titleist T100S TT Dynalite Sensicore X100 4-PW
Vokey SM5 50*, 54* and 60* TT DGS400
SIK Pro Custom

Thanks for posting the pics and reviews of all the new models.

Can anyone comment of how the new Royal Collection models (mainly the woods, hybrids and wedges), compare the the Sonartec models (GS Tour, MD and T35/46) we all loved before Sonartec went out of business?

I loved the Sonartec clubs, will I love these too? In what ways can the love grow with the new RC models/designs?

Thanks.

Driver: Ping G425 Max 12 deg w/MR Tensei Orange R
Woods: Ping G425 5w & 7w w/MR Tensei Orange R
Hybrid: Ping G410 26 deg w/MR Diamana Blueboard R
Irons: Ping i230 5-U w/Nippon Modulus3 105S
Wedges: Ping Eye 2 Gorge SW w/DG Spinner/Cleveland 588 Tour Issue 64 deg w/DG S400
Putter: Bettinardi Queen B #10
Ball: Titleist ProV1x (2021) 

[quote name='joey3108' timestamp='1308607864' post='3322432']
Yes, They actually are, But the paint line is kind of high, so It will damage the paint if you bend them. Their would line can easily tweak on the sole area to make the head sits open by grinding the sole.

The JP104FH can be ream to a desire angle if we are using 355 or 370 hybrid shaft. However, mot of their heads are already at tolerance between dead square to a 2* open face....Could be a bit more on the FH series.

Plus, we do have room also to make the FW leading edge beveled for friendlier turf interaction for certain type of players. Pic Attached.
[/quote]

Joey,

can you tell us something about the Forged Blades? I see it on the website, and I am dying to find out more. If you have in-hand pix, that would be awesome. Thanks

[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1308621611' post='3323058']
Are these in stock?
[/quote]
YES, on most of them! They are selling like hot cake at the moment, Hard to say if they are in stock for sure or not.

[quote name='njlam' timestamp='1308628559' post='3323369']
Thanks for posting the pics and reviews of all the new models.

Can anyone comment of how the new Royal Collection models (mainly the woods, hybrids and wedges), compare the the Sonartec models (GS Tour, MD and T35/46) we all loved before Sonartec went out of business?

I loved the Sonartec clubs, will I love these too? In what ways can the love grow with the new RC models/designs?

Thanks.
[/quote]
Hmmm! IMO GS tour perform in between JP104FW and Tour VS, MD similar to the JP104H, Wedges are totally different apple. These new one are slightly bigger ( not to big, just perfect ), the old T series are more on the compact side of it and the sole grind a bit more aggressive.

Love it or not is subjective to the individual. What I can tell you is that Their RC new line are pretty nice across the board. I can see a possibility some one like it all the way top to bottom, may be even to a putter line.

I agreed if some of you said that they need a 54* option on their wedge line.

[quote name='Frisco' timestamp='1308636749' post='3323570']
Are they going to be available custom-ordered only or will they be sold off the rack too? And if so do you know what they stock graphite option(s) will be in the driver/fairway? I'm a long time lurker here and this interested me enough to make my first post haha.
[/quote]They are available both custom or of the shelf only. I'm not to familiar yet on their stock of the shelf set up.

[quote name='BCAme' timestamp='1308637175' post='3323579']
[quote name='joey3108' timestamp='1308607864' post='3322432']

[/quote]

Joey,

can you tell us something about the Forged Blades? I see it on the website, and I am dying to find out more. If you have in-hand pix, that would be awesome. Thanks
[/quote]
Again, Forged blade on this Tour VS series are a pretty straight forward design....Classic shinny chrome look with leading edge beveled design for easier/friendlier turf interaction. Solid soft feel. I can easily make this look satin finish if someone wish to have one.

[quote name='joey3108' timestamp='1308700450' post='3325552']
Again, Forged blade on this Tour VS series are a pretty straight forward design....Classic shinny chrome look with leading edge beveled design for easier/friendlier turf interaction. Solid soft feel. I can easily make this look satin finish if someone wish to have one.
[/quote]

[url="http://www.royalcollectionusa.com/index.php?act=view_club&id=323"]http://www.royalcoll...iew_club&id=323[/url]

You are talking about THIS club, right?

I have the Jp104 3 wood (14*) with a motore F3 shaft and it's a GREAT 3 wood. It's going nowhere.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

here's the website for Shimada:

[url="http://www.shimadashafts.com/"]http://www.shimadashafts.com/[/url]

Looks like a good variation in shaft types.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

[quote name='BCAme' timestamp='1308703541' post='3325667']
[quote name='joey3108' timestamp='1308700450' post='3325552']
[/quote]

[url="http://www.royalcollectionusa.com/index.php?act=view_club&id=323"]http://www.royalcoll...iew_club&id=323[/url]

You are talking about THIS club, right?
[/quote]
Of course! I posted the pictures on this 1st post. The one of the website looks bead blast satin finish, but it's not actually.

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1308705177' post='3325739']
I have the Jp104 3 wood (14*) with a motore F3 shaft and it's a GREAT 3 wood. It's going nowhere.
[/quote]
You meant it hits bombs, right? :)

[quote name='Sakman' timestamp='1308748321' post='3326635']
Impressive lineup Joe. Good to see the high RC quality here in the states again...
[/quote]No doubt!

[quote name='jokerusn' timestamp='1308749777' post='3326664']
here's the website for Shimada:

[url="http://www.shimadashafts.com/"]http://www.shimadashafts.com/[/url]

Looks like a good variation in shaft types.
[/quote]

Indeed! After having enough fitting days, experiences and feed back from all level of golfers....definitely a good performance shaft if fitted properly and build properly.

Bombs galore!!!:clapping: The 3 wood seach is OVER

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Will I have to order the jp104 fw assembled? I bought a Talamonti with hopes of putting it in a new head. Sounds like it would be perfect. Also, $250 for this club?

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5 70g 
3wd: Srixon F65 10.5° Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70g 
3h & 4h Srixon Z-U85 20° & 23° Recoil 95 F4
Irons: Titleist 620CB 5-pwTT AMT Tour White S300 
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50° 56° 60° KBS TT AMT Tour White S400, bent to 51° 55° 59°
Putter: Ping Redwood Anser 34" w/Element 29 from Putter Lounge & Carbon Ringo w/Misted Stainless Steel 
Grip: Lamkin UTx
Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV
Bag: Srixon Z Stand
Shoes: 6 adidas 2 Puma (diva golfer)

Joe,
Which / if any... clubs are going to be offered in LEFT HAND? I miss my Sonartec SS-03 big time and that new VS Tour FW looks like jus the thing to replace it. That driver looks AWESOME too!

Tour Issue TaylorMade M6 9.5* (Mitsubishi Diamana X17 60x)
Tour Issue TaylorMade M5 15*(Mitsubishi Diamana Ahina 70x)
Tour Issue TaylorMade 19* 5-wood (Mitsubishi Diamana Ahina 80x)
TaylorMade P750 3-PW (Nippon Modus Proto "2T15")
TaylorMade MG Black 52* (Nippon Limited "Blue" 125)
TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58* (Nippon Limited "Blue" 125)
TaylorMade Spider X

good stuff!!! i love royal collection.

i have the 2011 RC trc japan 3 wood as well as their
17 and 20 TRC utilities. i am getting my hands on
some proto RC DB forged wedges as well(crossing my fingers)

the new rc blade is by far one of the most beautiful blades i have seen.
very elegant and simple lines. thumbs up

Epon EF-02D Diamana x17 6s

Epon AF-256 #3 Diamana x12 7s

Epon AF-256 #5 Diamana x12 7s

Epon AF-906 23 Tensei Ck pw hb90

Epon AF-506 #5-aw Tensei AM2Ws

Epon Tour wedge M56 DG spinner

Tad Moore handmade blade 

[quote name='torrejuan' timestamp='1308801819' post='3328941']
Will I have to order the jp104 fw assembled? I bought a Talamonti with hopes of putting it in a new head. Sounds like it would be perfect. Also, $250 for this club?
[/quote]I'm afraid so! You could send your shaft and I can install that for you to any specs you like.

[quote name='IUbball23' timestamp='1308802788' post='3328967']
Joe,
Which / if any... clubs are going to be offered in LEFT HAND? I miss my Sonartec SS-03 big time and that new VS Tour FW looks like jus the thing to replace it. That driver looks AWESOME too!
[/quote]So far no LH that I know of, I will announce it here if they do.

[quote name='sba2' timestamp='1308905924' post='3331912']
Joe,

Just out of curiosity how do the PC irons compare to the Bridgestone J36 PC?
I'm still playing the J36 PC with PX5.5 you fitted for me a couple of years ago... time to make a club change :)
[/quote]
Good Question! I'm not big on BS J36PC. It's cosmetic that I don't quite like about it. Of course that is subjective. Forgiveness is similar but RC has a friendlier sole due to beveled leading on the RC. If I'm not wrong J36 PC has a slight bigger size, especially on shorter iron. Again the big different is the feel striking it. RC doesn't feel hollow at all....Solid and soft!

[quote name='Eagle006' timestamp='1308908072' post='3331926']
Joe, which model of Shimada are you talking about in your original post, the Shimada Tour version?
[/quote]
Yes, Shimada Tour!

Thanks joey. Won't make a decision yet, 'cause I was given a g15 to play for a while. Your thoughts on the two clubs if you have any.

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5 70g 
3wd: Srixon F65 10.5° Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70g 
3h & 4h Srixon Z-U85 20° & 23° Recoil 95 F4
Irons: Titleist 620CB 5-pwTT AMT Tour White S300 
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM8 50° 56° 60° KBS TT AMT Tour White S400, bent to 51° 55° 59°
Putter: Ping Redwood Anser 34" w/Element 29 from Putter Lounge & Carbon Ringo w/Misted Stainless Steel 
Grip: Lamkin UTx
Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV
Bag: Srixon Z Stand
Shoes: 6 adidas 2 Puma (diva golfer)