2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Hawaii GolfWRX'ers.....what's new in the bag?

pitbull808

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing new in my bag other then some "old" Camerons added to the collection. ;) I'm really going to have to cut down on this terrible habit as it makes choosing a putter very difficult each week before a round. ;)

Added the UST Frequency Filtered shaft to my Tourstage PX-2 Longneck. Also put on a C-Thru grip. I love the feel of the Gripmaster leather grips but I also love the skinny feel off Golf Pride/Pro Only and Ping/Black Out Ping grips. The C-Thru has the same feeling as the Pro Only and Black Out but looks VERY :fool: on the UST FF shaft.

Happy Ho'ing everyone! :cheesy:

I'm trying out a J33R 460 10.5 w/ an Evolution shaft, we'll see how it does against the R5. I just have to get out on the course for some testing, but on the range it flights really well and feels really solid on well-struck shots.

That's the newest thing, but of course never the last :cheesy:

8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0

Well the latest toys are as follows:

1. Cameron Detour 34" 340 gram

2. Tour Issue Hi-Bore 9.5* (not even unpacked yet). Probably will be shafted with the Matrix Ozik Code 8 X I just bought too.

3. r510 TP 9.5* Fuji TP 757 X

4. Tourstage 435 9.5* GD PT-6 S (Will probably get the Grafalloy Axis put in this one)

5. Cleveland Hi-Bore 15* 3 wood UST V2 S

6. Tourstage visor and limited edition ball markers

My Pay Pal account is still smoking! Well looks like I have to put up some more BST ads and put stuff on fleabay or the wife will not be very happy with me. :cheesy:

today i tried out my nike sq 9.5 with the stock diamana. all i got to say is i like it alot, even though it looks gigantic, it is easy to get used to. i will definitely use it next time on the course. it seems really easy to hit a nice draw, something i usually have problems with! right now its alot better than the cleveland type-j with the axiv, which tended to be a hook machine! and later in the week i will be trying my 905r 10.5 with the aldila nv-s orange. if the titleist dosent perform better than the nike, you will see it back in the bst or sitting in everyones favorite golf store.....i also have yet to try out my nike ignite 410 8.5, just for those windy days. the only problem with the ignite is that it dosent have a shaft...oh well... :fool: ...and if all else fails, i will be buying that g5 from reid, if he still has it. :cheesy:

I broke down and got another putter today. ;)

;) :idhitit: :D ;) :betty:

I know...I just can't help it.....I'm a putter-holic. :blush:

Well, I traded away the Detour and now I have my eye on one of the new Nike putters! See, its contagious! :stop:

:D That's nothing...I'm contemplating both the Nike and the Ping Redwoods. What am I saying :fool: contemplating I'll end up buying one of each for sure. :crazy:

By the way.... I don't know if anyone is looking for one but it really surprised me. While I was on my Saturday morning golf shop trek..Root's, ProAm, Nevada Bob's....I spotted Tourstage Belly Putters at Nevada Bob's. Looks like Del Marc has got his Tourstage stuff in Nevada Bob's. There were also the Tourstage Stand and Paradiso bags there.

I broke down and got another putter today. :fool:

;) :idhitit: :D ;) :betty:

I know...I just can't help it.....I'm a putter-holic. :D

Well, I traded away the Detour and now I have my eye on one of the new Nike putters! See, its contagious! :stop:

:D That's nothing...I'm contemplating both the Nike and the Ping Redwoods. What am I saying :fool: contemplating I'll end up buying one of each for sure. :crazy:

Hmmmm forgot about the Redwood. Add that one to the list too. errr Honey, its Reid :pimp: 's fault...I promise! ;) He made me do it! :blush:

By the way.... I don't know if anyone is looking for one but it really surprised me. While I was on my Saturday morning golf shop trek..Root's, ProAm, Nevada Bob's....I spotted Tourstage Belly Putters at Nevada Bob's. Looks like Del Marc has got his Tourstage stuff in Nevada Bob's. There were also the Tourstage Stand and Paradiso bags there.

hey reid,

do they carry the entire tourstage line?

Hmmmm forgot about the Redwood. Add that one to the list too. errr Honey, its Reid :betty: 's fault...I promise! :idhitit: He made me do it! ;)

Tony...that's the ticket....blame me! Marshall Beruo, 808golfer, pm hacker and a lot of other guys already do the same! :stop: Just remind me to run if we ever meet with your wife! :crazy:

hey reid,

do they carry the entire tourstage line?

Dwight...I didn't bother to look for the irons. I actually didn't want to see if they had them or not. ;) There's only so much "must resist" in me! :D I just happened to see the putters when I was looking for spikes and the bags when I was checking out.

I broke down and got another putter today. :stop:

Where's da pics? LOL I want one too!!! :idhitit:

Pic's will be coming soon...but it's nothing but a retail anyways. And you know I'll get you putting with one too! ;)

just returned from par golf 72! store is great!! although i waited a little past 3 for someone to show up but he must have been running late.:idhitit:.where was reid?!!? i did see upnin there! well i dropped off my irons to get "blueprinted" by carlton and to a little heavier swing weight for some of my irons and also had some lies flattened. i also had him put on my extra axiv shaft i had and a orange iomic grip on the sq. im also going to shorten my putter to 33" and add a weight in the shaft to balance it. im really excited to try them out tomorrow when i pick them up, its like whole new equipment!! :diablo:

oh i almost forgot (with all the excitment) about the fact that it took me 4 hours to get home after i left!!!! damn people who think they can drive whatever they want on the road!!!

Dwight...sorry I missed you. I did run into upnin though. And you guys call me a ho! :idhitit: The traffic was so awful it took me an hour to get from Sam's Pearl City to Diamond Head. I had to get off the freeway from Middle Street and take Nimitz/Ala Moana/Kapiolani the rest of the way. That crane really screwed up the freeway in both directions. :diablo:

Anyways...I had all my irons gets done too. Checked out my freq's/weights on the rest and sighhh..yes I have sinned again. I ho'ed a 3 wood. Carlton let me try out his G Field today. I returned it "with no sky marks" to him today. (yeah..I taped it up just in case ;) ) Anyways..the club surprised the heck out of me. The club is very solid and gives off a fanstastic sound at impact. The shaft, Mamiya Jumbo Model 65S is definitely nothing I usually play, but it worked great for me. I couldn't feel any torgue nor did it feel like it was bending all over the place. We checked the freq. on it when I got back and it was a stout 277cpm's. With the 2.7 torque, the shaft really works well for me.

I tried out the G Field putters too. Good feeling but not enough at the moment to knock of the current gamer. Check back with me in two weeks if the Cammy is still the "current gamer". :yess:

i realized when i got home that the amount of driving i did today i could have almost made the trip from califonia to vegas!! even though i had to only cover about 30 miles.

now i cant wait to try my g-field 3 wood which came in the mail today, i actually left it in my bag at the store. he said i could pick up my irons tomorrow, but im hoping hes in because i thought they were closed on wednesdays? oh well i should call first.

and reid, you know you want a g-field putter! i reccomend the premium zone! :idhitit: even though its 299$ there. if not those player zone putters look good too! i really want to try the mallet style one.

I saw your G Field Dwight. By the way...love the 53* wedge. Pretty cool that the guy who designed it was working on my clubs. Carlton said that was one of his first grinds he made. As for picking up your clubs, Carlton won't be there since Wednesday is his one day off but the store will still be open for pick up's. Since he knew you weren't coming till tomorrow...he did mine while I waited. :idhitit: Awesome work and meticulous finishing. All my irons are at a perfect D3.4...yup...even to the 4/10ths. :yess: Got to love that digital scale.

I tried putting with the G Fields for about thirty minutes. Then I pulled my Cammy and it felt just fine. I really have to sell off about a hundred putters before I start shopping again. :diablo:

I saw your G Field Dwight. By the way...love the 53* wedge. Pretty cool that the guy who designed it was working on my clubs. Carlton said that was one of his first grinds he made. As for picking up your clubs, Carlton won't be there since Wednesday is his one day off but the store will still be open for pick up's. Since he knew you weren't coming till tomorrow...he did mine while I waited. :idhitit: Awesome work and meticulous finishing. All my irons are at a perfect D3.4...yup...even to the 4/10ths. :) Got to love that digital scale.

I tried putting with the G Fields for about thirty minutes. Then I pulled my Cammy and it felt just fine. I really have to sell off about a hundred putters before I start shopping again. :diablo:

hmmmm pushing my clubs aside for your personal benefit huh?? :yess: i shoulda just waited too, only if i knew how bad the traffic was. i had thoughts at about 5 to just turn around and go back. yes i love my wedge too!! :) i asked him when he is going to get some, he didnt know exactly when though or what he is going to sell them for.....and that scale is awesome! i decided to increase the weight in my irons and balance them out. it was weird at how off the weighting for my set was i think my 7 iron was heavier than my 6 but lighter than my 8, i dunno something weird like that. the only two irons that was at the way i wanted was the 5 and the pw. hopefully everything went well for my set too and also i hope it isnt too expensive, i did ask for alot of stuff.....

and we all know you wont sell off that much putters before you buy anymore.......c'mon ;)