Game:What would you hit?

Comments

• TronTron Jr. Boomers Posts: 45
    Ditty_72 wrote on Sep 24 2006, 06:50 AM:

Depends how I'm playing that day. If I'm playing well, I'll hit driver right down the middle. If not, probably my hybrid (19* sonartec md), or my 2 iron if I'm carrying it, or my 4 iron if my swing is really going south.

Would you rather play on a course that's really long but wide open (driver off every tee), or short but really tight (needing a lot of long irons off the tee)?

I hit the very far, and very far off line so i'll take choice 1.

Just a fun round out with friends....golf shoes or not?
  • ScottWS33ScottWS33 Up and down for par Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,379
    Golf shoes

Do you tend to hit putts firmly at the back of the hole or let them drop in their last rotation?
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 9° (set to 10°) w/ Speeder 565 Stiff
    Titleist 910F 17° (set to 16.25°) w/ MFT Kai'li 75 Stiff
    Titleist 913H 21° (set to 20.25°) w/ Diamana S+ 82HY Stiff
    Titleist AP2 4-9 w/ XP 95 S300
    Vokey SM4 46°, 52°, 56°, 60°
    Scotty Cameron GoLo S 34"
  • r7425r7425 Jr. Boomers Posts: 313
    Let them drop in

On a course with water everywhere:

1 club and 4 balls or 4 clubs and 1 ball, and you can't go back to the proshop and restock
  • willplaysgolfwillplaysgolf Members Posts: 79 ✭✭
    one ball and 4 clubs. (and pray i find a couple image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> )

Your $5 (aka not a scotty) putter falls out of your bag between the 1st green and the 2nd tee. You chip in for birdie on #2 so u dont realize your putter is missing until the 3rd green. The course is busy so u can't go back to look for your putter. What club do u putt with the rest of the round?
  • Ditty_72Ditty_72 Jr. Boomers, Lefty Boomers Posts: 637
    My Sonartec md hybrid. It rolls along the ground almost as well as a putt, and I chip with it from just off the green sometimes, so it wouldn't be too much of an adjustment.

2 Bar Putter or Heavy Putter? (battle of the space age putters)
  • emcemc Jr. Boomers Posts: 987
    Heavy putter.

You're playing like a hacker, do you quit after 9 and go to the range or struggle on and try and find something on the course
    Persevere

In a bunker - hit the shot with a lot of stop or let it roll?
    Lots of stop. I'm more comfortable with it.

You either need to get up and down over a bunker from a tight lie to a green running away or you need to make 4 after your tee shot left you with 3 iron distance. Which do you choose?
    Getting up and down over the bunker.

What club do you hit from 100 yards?
  • SCameron009SCameron009 ¡~WRX~! Members Posts: 1,784 ✭✭
    Stock 54º wedge, but if the pin is back and it's 100 to the pin, I will hit a punch 50º.

180 yard par-3 water all along the right side/short/long, tucked back right pin, and a 25mph wind blowing left to right. Do you hit a low draw to fight the wind, or do you hit it high and let it ride the wind back to the pin?
  • kblakeney35kblakeney35 Jr. Boomers Posts: 937
    low draw 3/4 5 iron and hope for the middle of the green

Pick 1 club to play a round with.

-Kyle
  • cplofcplof Members Posts: 526
    Definitley go for the playoff and beat him there.

You are playing a 350 par 4 with two big tiers on the back and sides of the green. The pin is on the tier back right, and youhave 90 to the pin. take a sandwedge and fly it, but risk spinning it back or carrying it too far, or hit a low spinning sand, gap or p wedge that lands on the bottom level.
  • cplofcplof Members Posts: 526
    sorry i didnt get to finish the pages, so i read the wrong question. I would play with my 5 iron.

You are playing a 350 par 4 with two big tiers on the back and sides of the green. The pin is on the tier back right, and youhave 90 to the pin. take a sandwedge and fly it, but risk spinning it back or carrying it too far, or hit a low spinning sand, gap or p wedge that lands on the bottom level.
    I would fly it up to the back level because I am only going to get 2-3 feet of spin at the most.

What is your normal shot shape: a fade or a draw?
    Mine is a fade. I can work the ball both ways, but I'm more comfortable hitting a fade.

If you could pick a tournament to win on the PGA Tour, which would it be? Major, and non-major (pick 1 of each)
    Major-U.S. Open

Nonmajor-Players Championship

Be an accomplished amateur or a pro who barely makes cuts?
    I am very content in the amateur game so I would opt for an accomplished amateur.

Imagine the scenario, 110 yards, over water, pin cut just 7 feet on the green, anything short of the green will run back into the water. Do you try and hit it close or play it safe approxiamately 15-20 feet past the hole?
    I'll play a hard 50* that goes 115. If it spins back then wahey but I want to guarantee a par.

You've 30 minutes till your tee time in a tourney. Do you putt and chip or warm up on the range?
  • Grant076Grant076 Jr. Boomers, Lefty Boomers Posts: 643 ✭✭
    Go eat a good breakfast..why rush your warmup or practice time..?

Now, the question is..

Egg, bacon, and cheese sandwich?

Or 3 buttermilk pancakes?
    ROGUE 10.5 // HZRDUS BLK
    M2 16.5 // PX EVNFLW BLK
    915 HD 20.5 // PX HC1
    SRIXON Z765 // MODUS 3
    SM7 RAW 50 56 60 // MODUS 3
    EDEL
    Pancakes

After breakfast, you still have the dilemma of teeing off with no warmup whatsoever. The first hole is easily driveable with a mid-sized fairway but is lined by trees if you miss. Do you hit driver or play it safe?
    Funt at it with driver. I'm really straight with my driver so I'll have a pop.

In keeping with this, you've drivern into the trees and are stuck behind a tree. Do you punch out and hope to get up and down from 100 yards, or do you try and play a 120 yard shot with 20 yards of cut. There's bunkers around the green as well
  • cjdrcccjdrcc Jr. Boomers Posts: 543
    The 120 yard shot with 20 yards of cut.

Now say you miss the green with the cut, would you rather be in the rough below the green with 10 feet of green to work with or a bunker shot with a lip but 15 feet to work with.
    Bunker shot no doubt. You hit out to 6 feet but have a slider downhill. Do youplay outside the hole with dead weight or do you hammer through the break but risk having 10 feet coming back?
    Outside the hole- damage control. It hasn't been the best hole, anda bogey wouldn't be the end of the world after all those mistakes. There's no need to make it worse than it has to be, and if you miss 10 feet past, you have a good chance that you're gonna miss that putt too and make double.

You decide to go at it, and you miss it. On the 10 foot comebacker, you miss that putt and you're starting to get mad. How do you calm yourself down after that?
  • sunghokrsunghokr Members Posts: 34
    Easy, bomb the next driver 290 down the fairway, that will calm you down and make your opponent worry.

Situation, a tucked back 130 yard shot, back left pin location, bunker on the front left, pine trees all around, do you play a draw or a high shot, or do you cry?
    I hit a 9 iron 20 feet right of the flag. If it cuts, then good for me but I want to make par as easy as possible
    Ooops forgot about another Q.

30 yard bunker shot. Do you try and nip it with a sand wedge or do you play it with a PW/9 iron?
    edited Oct 23, 2006 #179
    Depends if I have to carry another bunker or something. If I can run it up, 9 iron without a doubt.

(Assume your handicap isn't a plus handicap for this question, even if it is)

Would you rather have to break 72 for 18 holes, or would you rather have to break 108 opposite handed?
    I would prefer to have to break 72 the correct way

You have 13 clubs in your bag. Do you put in a 2nd driver for the laugh or do you leave it alone?
  • Baillie-lorettoBaillie-loretto Members Posts: 42
    risk and re-ward!

your not going to log on to golfwrx.com and see what people say are you!! when your on the course do whatever you want just dont make a 10 or something!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file