Cleaning Ecco street premier shoes

Honcho72Honcho72 Members Posts: 631 ✭✭
Well I bought the Ecco street golf shoes in white, and in that lies the problem. They're great shoes just tough to keep clean. The flat part of the sole will clean up pretty well with a magic eraser but the toe area with the ridges is just really tough to clean up. I have no idea what the soles are made of but they attract dirt like crazy and are really tough to come clean. Any ideas guys?

Comments

• portlandportland Members Posts: 1,049 ✭✭
    would love some suggestions on this also.....
    Taylormade M1 10.5*
    Callaway GBB Epic 15*
    Callaway XR 19*
    Taylormade p790 5-P,A
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*, 60*
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 3
    Srixon Z Star
  • MightyMarkMightyMark Mighty Mark Members Posts: 381
    I have worn them, as does Freddy, without socks. I have scrubbed the insoles and used Febreeze.

Wondering how they might hold up in the washing machine. Has anyone tried?
  • RookieBlue7RookieBlue7 Members Posts: 13,158 ✭✭
    The green sole? I use tire cleaner on mine with a toothbrush. Look like new.
  • captpatcaptpat Members Posts: 283

Mine are brown....BUT....I've had good luck cleaning white stuff with Clorox CleanUp spray.
  • BarronDDSBarronDDS Members Posts: 900 ✭✭
    I washed mine in the washing machine and they did just fine!
  • RookieBlue7RookieBlue7 Members Posts: 13,158 ✭✭
    edited Aug 29, 2011 #7
    captpat wrote:

Mine are brown....BUT....I've had good luck cleaning white stuff with Clorox CleanUp spray.

I have the white and green and the brown with tan soled models. What I was asking was if he's talking about the rubber. Pretty much any cleaning spray will work on it with a toothbrush. I use tire cleaner cause it's handy to get to because I store it near where I have the locker/bag stand for my clubs and shoes. But yeah, and cleaner should work.
  • MightyMarkMightyMark Mighty Mark Members Posts: 381
    MightyMark wrote:

I have worn them, as does Freddy, without socks. I have scrubbed the insoles and used Febreeze.

Wondering how they might hold up in the washing machine. Has anyone tried?

I tried washing in the machine. THEY CAME OUT JUST FINE! I put shoe trees in them afterwards, might take a long time to dry.
  • Honcho72Honcho72 Members Posts: 631 ✭✭
    DO NOT THROW THESE IN THE WASHING MACHINE. I ran them through with a load of towels and it runined them. Took the finish off around the upper padded area near your ankle. Hello shoe polish. Still didn't help with the green rubber soles. I guess the clorox and toothbrush will be next.
  • DCSerafinDCSerafin Members Posts: 373 ✭✭
    I would not wash them in a washing machine, it can lead to many problems.

Avoid getting any household (or worse) strength cleaner such as bleach, etc on the leather, it will break down the leather and shorten the life.

Wash the tops (leather) with mild soap and water and/or leather cleaner and then apply a conditioner.

I don't clean the underside of the shoes other than with a brush to get any grass/debris off

The rubber on the sides is the issue and using a toothbrush and carefully dleaning it (ensuring to avoid contact with the leather) seems to work very well.

Hope this helps.

• dowigintondowiginton Members Posts: 176
    I have these and how would you guys recommend cleaning the suede (?) part around the toe?
  • tombongtombong Members Posts: 192 ✭✭
    dish washing soap and water with a sponge. works great!
  • ABTABT Members Posts: 344
  • HifadeHifade Sleepin' on the job. Slacker! Dayton, OHCharter Members Posts: 5,337 ✭✭
    just toss 'em and buy new ones
    PING G410 LST 9* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 60S
    PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70S
    TITLEIST 20* 815 Hybrid - Fuji HB 8.8 Tour Spec
    CALLAWAY '19 APEX PROS 4-GW - KBS TOUR V "S" (HSx1)
    CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
    ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM
    BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1's