GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

New and Improved Shaft Chart

1262728293032»

Comments

• JJgolfwrxJJgolfwrx Members  50WRX Points: 30Posts: 50 Bunkers

Nice post howard, @Deano802 Modus 120 X-Flex <-> PX LZ 6.0 sound like a good option: They are almost exactly the same weight Modus 120 x (113.5g) and Project LZ 6.0 (114g). As well as their swing weights: Modus 120 X-Flex will swing weight a half swing weight less than the PX LZ 6.0 & Dynamic Gold 120s. When measured for butt frequency Modus 120x & Project LZ 6.0 both measure exactly 386cpm. Keep in mind that the shaft is only one part of the equation. I would recommend you test the shafts and get back to us. Otherwise you might go down the shaft theorectical rabbit-hole.

-JJ

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Deano802Deano802 Members  140WRX Points: 58Posts: 140 Fairways

Thanks, Shimada Tour Mid 115 is actually different to the Oban, It is called the K's 115 in japan, there are a couple of threads on the forum somewhere regarding this. I actually used to use PX 5.5 but moved away for more feel, I the LZ doesn't do much for me.

Posted:

tried the lz and didn’t do much for me, I’ll try and find the modus or will go for dg 120!

Posted:
  • Howard_JonesHoward_Jones Members  11624WRX Points: 2,293Posts: 11,624 Titanium Tees

Good, then even i learned something today (Oban vs Shimada), i was not sure but we have seen it before, so i was thinking in that direction, and found OBANs EI profile among Shimada options, but the only shafts with the Shimada name was a "lite" version of the Tour not the regular I only had one set of Shimada Tours on my desk, so i cant say its shafts i know well.The player described them a s better feeling DG and thats the other reason for why i thought the OBAN could be it, due to the long "weak" butt section.

What flex did you try as LZ? was it the 5.5 like your standard PX was?

At least you got some EI profiles to study to better understand what differences this shafts has to offer, i forgot KBS Tour the last time, but here it is.

Butt side is "weak" (even if its stronger than DG 120), then mid section is strong, ending in a weak tip, so its nothing like the others above.

Posted:

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PMs ON CLUB TECH ISSUES - ASK PUBLIC IN THE FORUM.

Unless you are a former Customer or someone i already have a PM dialog with, i want reply to tech questions on PMs.

Posted:
  • Woolly8Woolly8 Members  6WRX Points: 8Handicap: 13Posts: 6 Bunkers

-

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.