Titleist 906F2

Gxgolfer

The new, Tour-inspired Titleist PT 906F2 fairway metals raise the bar for long game performance.

Born from extensive ground-sole contact research with the world’s best players, 906F2 utilizes an innovative Multi-Relief Sole™ design that allows for crisp, solid contact from a variety of turf conditions.

The Multi-Relief Sole provides greater ground clearance at the trailing edge of the sole to minimize turf resistance. This significantly improves upon prior generation fairway metal performance by ensuring that the ground-sole contact point remains forward, toward the leading edge of the club.

Maintaining a forward ground-sole contact point improves directional control and ball flight by reducing the potential of the club to bounce or skip into the ball - especially from closely mown fairways, for players who play the ball forward in their stance or for players who sweep the ball from the turf with a shallow attack angle.

The new 906F2 fairway metals utilize a multi-material construction with a separate face insert for maximum ball speed and a hot, lively feel. A repositioned weight bed in the sole of the body optimizes the CG forward, closer to the face for less draw bias than prior generation fairway metals. This reduces dynamic face closure for a neutral ball flight that allows the player to dictate the shot shape.

A wider face area offers greater forgiveness and playability while full-length scorelines provide more consistent spin from longer grass or wet conditions. The Tour-preferred Titleist pear shaped profile with a perfectly square face angle deliver the looks and confidence better players demand. Because we believe, as they do, that every club is a scoring club.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought a 906F2 wV2 shaft yesterday. The 15* fairway wood is almost as long off the tee as my 10.5* Titleist 905T. This pup is super long. There is no threat of going left with this club. The face is square/open, if that makes any sense.

Nevertheless, I have two issues: 1) Feel. This FW does not feel like my 980F - it lacks that solid, persimmon like feel of previous Titleist FW. 2) Launch. The launch angle, even with my 15* wood, is a little on the low side. This thing hits the ground RUNNING, but it's a little on the low side in reference to the initial launch. Maybe a shaft change is in order!

Overall, the length and anti-hook bias is this club's strong point.

5/5

TaylorMade 2017 M1 440 8.5° Driver == Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade 2017 M2 Tour 15° FW == Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
Titleist 816H2 19° Hybrid == Veylix Rome 988 S+
Miura 1957 Small Blade 4-PW Irons == TT Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM6 50°, 54°, 58° Custom Wedges == TT Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Scotty Cameron "Cameron & Crown" M2 Putter
Nike RZN Tour Black Golf Balls

2) Launch. The launch angle, even with my 15* wood, is a little on the low side. This thing hits the ground RUNNING, but it's a little on the low side in reference to the initial launch. Maybe a shaft change is in order!

What shaft do have in your new 906F....may I guess.....V2 stiff ???

Bingo! Yes, I have the V285 stiff. It measures at 90 grams. It's a pretty stout shaft! Nevertheless, I fixed my launch issues. Now this thing is a mid-launching CANNON.

Hmmm...should I buy a 905R to complement the FW, or should I wait for one of those Titleist prototypes?

Decisions, decisions...

TaylorMade 2017 M1 440 8.5° Driver == Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade 2017 M2 Tour 15° FW == Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
Titleist 816H2 19° Hybrid == Veylix Rome 988 S+
Miura 1957 Small Blade 4-PW Irons == TT Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM6 50°, 54°, 58° Custom Wedges == TT Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Scotty Cameron "Cameron & Crown" M2 Putter
Nike RZN Tour Black Golf Balls

I got the 15 and 18 degree with a v2 stiff, and I dunno about you other guys, but I love the feel. The damn tihngs a cannon. I wouldnt characterize the launch as high, but maybe mid-high. Its a nice upgrade from my old 904s with dynamic golds in there. For my its got this wonderful building, but not ballooning trajectory. Hit a par four with my 15 degree, yes it was only 260 yards long, but it was up hill and all carry. I flew the thing to the back and it was soo nice it landed softly, right on thr back of the green pinhigh. Its an absolute cannon. My 18 degree on the other hand goes pretty high and is ridiculously forgiving. My new 585h goes furthur than my old hybrid so going from 19 to 18 was a welcome change as well. I couldnt love these more. I mean Ive heard people saying theyre too stiff, but I swing in the neighborhood of 95-100 and launch these...so i dunno. Off a tee and the deck these are ridiculous. PM me f you want to know anything else.

I just picked up one of these in a 13 degree with a V2 stiff 75 gram shaft. Its the longest 3 wood I have ever hit off the tee, almost as far as my driver on most holes. It is is a little tough for me to get it off the deck, but I blame that mostly on my swing. I would recommend this 3 wood to anyone who is looking for a tight control club, with the V2 the ball goes where you aim it. With all titleist woods, the weighting is perfect for almost any type of swing, but these configuration favors an aggressive smooth swing i think.

Today I bought the 906F2 15* with the (don't laugh) Titleist 4375 stiff shaft. I looked at all the specs online before I bought it, and the V2 and the NV made me think they would be hard to hit off the deck. Both were low spin, mid/low launch. The 4375 shaft is around 77-78g and is mid launch, mid spin. I hit it on the range today and it really felt good. A nice solid feel to the head, and the shaft really had some nice kick, due to the 4* of torque. I know alot of you don't like that much torque, but I wanted something easy to hit off the turf, and I have found it. Great stick. Don't overlook the Titleist 4375 shaft, thinking it is for hacks............

I was playing a Tour Exotics 13* and it was TERRIBLE! Sure...good distance, but that Fujikura high-launch shaft is just TOO SOFT and everything was going right. I really tried hard to work with it, as it was not an inexpensive club, but in the end had to dump it. I had played Titleist fairway woods in the past and took the 906F2 to the range.

I really like this club! No problems with shots going right...could draw and fade on command as well as hit straight shots. What I really like about this is that it is excellent off the fairway and off the tee! Some (like Ping, Cobra) have such a deep face that while I can get them off the turf, they just don't do it as well as the 906 does, and the 906 is just as good off the tee as anything I have hit. I did have it with a Speeder shaft, which was strange since it isn't offered as a standard choice...and after playing it for a while I decided to go with the V2. I do prefer the V2 to the Speeder!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone hit this with a steel shaft?

I'm thinking of getting a 13* 906F2. I like my 3W now, but I hit it WAY too high if I try to hit it off the tee (like pop up high every time) due to it's super shallow face, so I'm forced to go with my 2I when I'm trying to thread a fairway. I like the set up of the 906F2, especially the 13*, so this will probably go in my bag and be used off the tee a lot. I've heard it's pretty long, so I'm willing to sacrifice some distance for control by using a steel shaft.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just sold my 906f2 15 deg s300. I've had both a 980f and 904f in the same spec in the past and loved them both. The 906 just felt like a dead block in comparison - very little feel and feedback. Very strange - maybe it's just me but I bought a 904f 17 with a YS6 and I'm back in Titleist heaven...

Ping G425 LST 10.5* Tour 65 S
Ping G425 Max 14.5* Tour 75 S
Ping G425 Hybrids 19*/22* Tour 85 S
Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-PW DG 120 S400
Mizuno T20 Raw 50,54,58 DG 120 S300
Scotty Cameron Phantom x 5 34"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just bought the 906F2 with V2 85 shaft. We'll see how it goes.

Callaway GBB Epic 10.5* - HZRDUS 5.5

Callaway GBB Epic 15* - HZRDUS 6.0

Adams Idea Pro 18* - Proto 80-S
Adams Idea A7 22* - Axivcore 85 S

Nike Pro Combo OS: 5-PW - Rifle 5.5

TaylorMade MG Hi-Toe 52* & 58* Big Foot - HI-REV 2.0
Yes! Callie

Vice Golf Tour

• 1 month later...

Wow. The 906F2 is one of the EASIEST fw's to hit off the deck that I've played in a long long time. It definitely doesn't hit low but it doesn't hit high either. Perfect mid launch, no hook bias(it's definitely neutral). I got the 15* w/ the 90g V2 stiff and an 18 w/ stiff ZCOM 95. I do have to tee it lower off the tee as the face is not very deep but other than that, this is one fantastic club. It has displaced my R7 TP Tour 15* which I thought would stay in my bag forever.

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

After a couple of weeks with the 906 I hope that the itch for a new 3wood will be over. This thing is a monster. I picked it up out of the used bin at a local shop and what a find. V2 80g fairway shaft was a perfect fit for me. Very long, very easy to work both ways, great off the deck and no hesitation off the tee on a tight hole. I am only giving up 20yds to the driver with a little better control. As always its all about the club fitting your swing.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am sad to say this club is a step backwards for titleist. The 980f is still the best. I have spent my 3rd weekend at the range going back and forth between the 980f and 906f2, and it just isn't as easy to hit, about the same distance out of both, both clubs have the NV 75 stiff.

Honestly and weirdly this club feels like the taylormade 580xd driver, kind of loose and clunky, not the tight solid titleist feel.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aldila 75S fairway-

worst.

shaft.

ever.

It was the only one i could find in these parts, so im going to put my V2 in it from my hiBore and see if i have more consistent results.

so far, high launching that deff goes left. and not long as a result. I hope the shaft change will improve things. Will report back after the switch.

• 3 weeks later...

Best FW I have ever used since the 200 series. Smallish head yet versitile to use off of turf or tee. The stock V2 was good. Long and controllable. I had it reshafted with a ZCOM TW84 X and it just wants to go! I tend to switch clubs alot, but this one's staying.

My stable of 3 woods have consisted of:

Rapture w/XCON 7

Adams Tour 3070 w/Pershing

Tour Cleveland Comp w/764

Tour TM 200 Ridgie

I would say in my order of preference was TM, Cleveland, Adams, then the Ping. All nice clubs, but the Ping was to big. The TM and the Cleveland were at a dead heat. Both nice, but the 906 blows them all away.

I have never been a fan of Titleist woods...ever, but they have a winner here. Thanks

I love my F2. I put an 85g Purple Ice in it and the club is money. I can work it both ways on even mediocre days. The 85g PI is stout, a 75g would have been better, but it was available and cheap so I bought it and I still love it. The PI shaft just feels SOOOO solid.

Awesome off the tee and great off the turf. I play courses with a lot of sloping fairways so I've hit this thing on a lot of ball below feet lies and its great because I just feel very in control of the club.

• 2 weeks later...

This is definetly another solid club from Titleist. I got an 18* with the V2 and when I put a decent swing on this club it is tremendous. The shaft does 85g V2 does play pretty stout in this club. Right now I would probably prefer a shaft with a touch more kick but I think my current setup is going to work excellent once I get the feel dialed in. I've hit more forgiving woods but this may be the most rewarding.

well ever since i saw these clubs 4 sale back in september ive wanted 1 i had a chance to get 1 back in october but i got a stock r7 steel 5 wood ( glad i did too!!!) then i tried the club with a v2 shaft and it went a foot off the ground but then i finally got 1 for $$$170!!!!! at golf galaxy 2 weeks ago with a 4375 shaft best club in my bag which is weird cuzz i have so many good clubs in my bag... oh ya its a 3 wood i previously had a 975f w/ a dgs300 and i hit it good but i couldnt stand the feel

I've been playing the 906F2 with UST Proforce V2 shaft now (3 and 5 wood) for quite some time now and I have to say that of all the fairway woods I've owned this is the best. It isn't the most forgiving and maybe a Callaway BB would be better for a beginner, but if you have good ball striking ability nothing tops this club.

When I can't keep my 905R on the fairway I can still hit the 906F2 solid and nearly get it the same distance. It's very workable and fairly forgiving as well. And when you hit it on the screws it's like hitting a Mizuno blade dead center... A great feeling. :-)

--