ever had anything stolen?

my odyssey tri hot #2 got stolen
i am a very sad person at the moment, i had my odyssey tri hot stolen from my bag and my friend had his v steel stolen. he is alrite plenty of v steels about, but my putter nearly as dead as the dodo. all thats on ebay is 2 left handed versions. when i had it i didnt realise how precious it was, it was an awesome putter but i didnt realise it was soo rare and pricey, i bought it off a man at my club for £40 round about $70 - $80 for most of you. 1 has just gone on ebay for over $500 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-NEW-Odyssey-Tr...1QQcmdZViewItem

so have any of you had any of your clubs stolen and it been your favourite 1?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mother had her whole bag lifted while she ran into the clubhouse for drink. The club did nothing really at all. They could at least offered her a set at cost to replace them. She is a member. So it's not like she has no history at the place. This may be better in General Golf Talk, more people could learn from other's losses.

I had my Odyssey White Hot Rossie stolen at the beginning of this year. I won a Voodoo last year at a tournament and brought both clubs to the course (in case i need a switcharoo) and left the Rossie in my locker (our lockers are not actually locked, just doors) and came back a few days later and my bag and everything was there and the putter was gone. Wasn't to worried at first because i have a few buddies who are lefties and thought they may have tried it out, but nope. So i was out a putter. My course was very nice about it though. I did not have to pay the locker fee ($20), got to choose some golf balls, free meal, and just the other day i got given some really sweet kind of vintage irons called "The Hawks". They are mint condition and once i reshaft them and regrip them they should be a very nice set of clubs. Normally wouldn't worry about the shafts, but they are super short. 7 iron is shorter than my 60*. The worker told me they are not womens though, and i do not think they are a junior. I could be wrong though.

I've never had any clubs stolen from my bag, and a big part of that is that I'm LH I think. No one wants LH clubs lol.

I guess I'm lucky but then again, my clubs aren't that nice. If I lost my entire bag, I could replace it all for a couple hundred bucks.

I would be super pissed though if someone did steal my clubs. It's happened to a couple people in my area where their entire bags were stolen at tournaments.

I've never had any clubs stolen from my bag, and a big part of that is that I'm LH I think. No one wants LH clubs lol.

I guess I'm lucky but then again, my clubs aren't that nice. If I lost my entire bag, I could replace it all for a couple hundred bucks.

I would be super pissed though if someone did steal my clubs. It's happened to a couple people in my area where their entire bags were stolen at tournaments.

From what I see your bag is pretty nice. I remeber on a post on www.thegolfchannel.com that you wanted a set of s59's, I was looking through the swap shop and a guy is selling some 4-pw 7.5, condition they don't look to bad

Also I have never had anything stolen, because I never let my bag out of my sight

Thats kind of lucky that not many people are left handed around there. Around here is a different story. At my home course i would guess the ratio of righties to lefties is only 3 to 1 at the worst. I have golfed in all lefty foursomes before. :idhitit:

I had my garage broken into in Jan of this year and they stole not only my clubs but a bunch of other stuff as well, compound mitre saw, 7.5 gallon shop vac, and a few other bulky items. My wife thought it was during the daytime when she left the garage door open, but when the police arrived they noticed the side entrance door open a bit.(started to blame my wife at first until we found the side door open then it was all my fault cause I walked the dog the night before and I forgot to lock the door(I'm such an idiot). Insurance covered most but I was unable to buy all of my longdrive drivers because Cobra decided not to sell low lofts to just anyone anymore and unfortunately there is not too many people that hit 4*,5*,6* drivers so ebay was no help.

From what I see your bag is pretty nice. I remeber on a post on www.thegolfchannel.com that you wanted a set of s59's, I was looking through the swap shop and a guy is selling some 4-pw 7.5, condition they don't look to bad

Also I have never had anything stolen, because I never let my bag out of my sight

Yeah, I am looking for a set of those ad when I saw that in the Classifieds, I wanted to jump on them , but they're already sold! Less than 3 hours and they're gone! Why I can't I have that kind of luck? I've been trying to sell some clubs since the beginning of summer! Oh well, I've gotten a couple of offers since I found another site with a classified section. (I actually sold my 2 hybrids in about a day or so). My bag isn't the best, but it's about to get better- I just bought a Sonartec md 19*, brand new on ebay, along with an R580xd with a Grafalloy Blue and a Ping i3 5 wood. (Got the ho'ing bug lately lol)

i hate the rain hood, but i keep it on the bag to zip up over the clubs just in case someone is tempted, i guess prevention is key here, keeping them covered or tag teaming the bag if someone has to go in to go pee pee, etc... keeps em in sight. I wrote to titleist, maybe i should write to others, aboutputting velcro on the bag to attach the rain hood with the male side on the bag (so nothing sticks to it when the cover is not on) to make it more convenient to use the rain hood when necessary, since the snaps life span is like 20 snaps tops.... so keep clubs covered and tag team them if someone goes inside the club house.