All Things Ohio Golf

1113114115116118

Comments

  • stowbulldogs25stowbulldogs25 hucci94 Stow, OhioMembers Posts: 25 ✭✭

    @BogeyPutt34 Windmill golf center has some of the best fitters and instructors around. They are all very qualified with trackman and have heard fantastic things about Trent Maxwell.

    Ping Tour Issue G400 LST 8.5* Driver Atmos Black Tour Spec 7x
    Ping Tour Issue G400 14* Fairway Atmos Black Tour Spec 8x
    Ping Tour Issue i20 17* Hybrid VTS Black 85x
    Ping s55 4-pw Dynamic Gold Tour Issue AMT x100
    Vokey sm6 Jet Black 50*, 54*, 58* Dynamic Gold Tour Issue s400 Black Onyx
    Scotty Cameron Select Golo 34" Superstroke mid-slim 2.0

  • BogeyPutt34BogeyPutt34 Members Posts: 87 ✭✭

    @stowbulldogs25 said:
    @BogeyPutt34 Windmill golf center has some of the best fitters and instructors around. They are all very qualified with trackman and have heard fantastic things about Trent Maxwell.

    I ended up taking a lesson at windmill golf center with Randy Dietz. Super nice guy, very informative, gave good feedback with video. The grass range still isn’t open which was a bummer for me because I hate hitting off mats. My typical miss is fat so mats don’t really give me the accurate feedback I’m looking for. I told him I wanted to work on my irons, specifically strike and dispersion and he had other plans once he saw my swing. We ultimately worked on backswing length, rotation and path, and it helped out immensely but an hour didn’t seem long enough.

  • Lord HelmetLord Helmet Members Posts: 8,689 ✭✭

    anyone around, lol

    Cobra F9 - Speeder TS 6.2
    Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
    Speedback F9 4i - DG 105 x100
    Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
    SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x
  • FrohlichFrohlich Members Posts: 599 ✭✭

    I was just thinking the same thing LOL. Thread is dead. We should get an easter round going at Walden Ponds :)

  • Lord HelmetLord Helmet Members Posts: 8,689 ✭✭

    @Frohlich said:
    I was just thinking the same thing LOL. Thread is dead. We should get an easter round going at Walden Ponds :)

    Hey there. Im out of town this weekend - playing up in Celina I think. Weather Saturday looks iffy though. Im subbing in a league tomorrow at Miami Whitewater, havent played there in years. Gonna take my birthday off again, May24, if anyone is interested.

    Cobra F9 - Speeder TS 6.2
    Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
    Speedback F9 4i - DG 105 x100
    Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
    SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x
  • DatSliceDoeDatSliceDoe Camerons & Cobras One fairway overMembers Posts: 2,236 ✭✭

    @Frohlich said:
    I was just thinking the same thing LOL. Thread is dead. We should get an easter round going at Walden Ponds :)

    I would, but I'm already playing Friday and Saturday with friends, weather doesn't look good, would only be my 2nd and 3rd time out, I didn't join a GC this year as a result of just not playing enough again. Easter Sunday isn't gonna work for me.

    Thread isn't moving at all, probably due to this site change.

  • FrohlichFrohlich Members Posts: 599 ✭✭

    Yeah, lets try and get out again for your birthday (like last year). I will block it off my work calendar and as it gets closer, lets coordinate.

  • Lord HelmetLord Helmet Members Posts: 8,689 ✭✭

    @Frohlich said:
    Yeah, lets try and get out again for your birthday (like last year). I will block it off my work calendar and as it gets closer, lets coordinate.

    Sounds good my friend.

    Cobra F9 - Speeder TS 6.2
    Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
    Speedback F9 4i - DG 105 x100
    Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
    SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x
  • FrohlichFrohlich Members Posts: 599 ✭✭

    BTW, we just went under contract on a house 5 minutes from Stonelick. Moving in late summer. Hopefully that means more golf there in the coming years :)

  • Lord HelmetLord Helmet Members Posts: 8,689 ✭✭

    @Frohlich said:
    BTW, we just went under contract on a house 5 minutes from Stonelick. Moving in late summer. Hopefully that means more golf there in the coming years :)

    Nice! Congrats!

    Cobra F9 - Speeder TS 6.2
    Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
    Speedback F9 4i - DG 105 x100
    Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
    SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x
  • buzzthecatbuzzthecat OHMembers Posts: 51 ✭✭

    Finally made it out to play 9 holes twice this week. Keep your heads up fellas, it will stop raining eventually.

  • Lord HelmetLord Helmet Members Posts: 8,689 ✭✭

    Ive got 1 round in (Sharon Woods last Sunday - cold, windy, soaked course) and I subbed in a league twice at Miami Whitewater. Playing at Fairfield GC on Monday. Doesnt look like it will rain!

    Cobra F9 - Speeder TS 6.2
    Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
    Speedback F9 4i - DG 105 x100
    Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
    SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 7,223 ✭✭

    If it ever dries out a little I want to do a 2 day trip to play stonelick and one other nice course near it. Any recommendations from the guys down in the Cincy area?

    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • Lord HelmetLord Helmet Members Posts: 8,689 ✭✭

    @Jagpilotohio said:
    If it ever dries out a little I want to do a 2 day trip to play stonelick and one other nice course near it. Any recommendations from the guys down in the Cincy area?

    If you want to stay on that side of town, Legendary Run gets mentioned allot. I really like Walden Pond, which is up by me in Butler County.

    Cobra F9 - Speeder TS 6.2
    Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
    Speedback F9 4i - DG 105 x100
    Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
    SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 7,223 ✭✭

    Thanks. I’ll put them on the list.

    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • DatSliceDoeDatSliceDoe Camerons & Cobras One fairway overMembers Posts: 2,236 ✭✭

    Elk's Run is also a great track on the east side. @Jagpilotohio

  • KeithM38KeithM38 Members Posts: 537 ✭✭
    edited May 3, 2019 9:12pm #3528

    Miles of Golf is having their 1st,1st Friday event tonight.

    Titleist 915 D3 8.5* W/ Fujikura Speeder Pro74, set at A1
    Titleist 915 FD 15* W/ Diamana 70 Whiteboard, set A1
    Mizuno MP4 3-P W/ Nippon Modus3 130X
    Mizuno T5 50*, 54*, 58* 50 & 54 with Modus 130x and 58 with Modus wedge 125x
    Byron Morgan 006 GSS
  • stiffdogg06stiffdogg06 Tour Sauce Members Posts: 982 ✭✭

    I've been to the range 3-4 times this year and before I stopped playing golf for 2-3 years, I shot around 78-84. If anybody wants to group up to play in the early evenings (I get off work at 2-3 pm and work at DSCC in Whitehall), let me know and send me a message. I no longer golf with my brothers so I really have no one to golf with other than myself.
    I live in Dublin so ideally, would like to play there, Plain city, Worthington, Westerville, New Albany or even Marysville.

    TM 9.5° SLDR Fujikura Fuel Tour Spec - 6 years old
    Mizuno MP-H4's S300 - 6 years old
    Ping i20 15° Black Project X 6.0 - 7 years old
    Scott Cameron Del Mar
  • Lord HelmetLord Helmet Members Posts: 8,689 ✭✭

    Took yesterday off, played at City of Fairfield. Its an alright track. It was just soaked. Ive never seen greens so wet and soggy. You literally could not get the ball to the hole. Ive never seen anything like it. I hope it stops raining soon. My grass is out of control - too wet to cut still. Im also very tired of standing and watching soccer in the rain. Seems everytime my kid plays its raining.

    Cobra F9 - Speeder TS 6.2
    Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
    Speedback F9 4i - DG 105 x100
    Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
    SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x
  • JDFishJDFish Pickerington, OhioMembers Posts: 846 ✭✭

    @Lord Helmet said:
    It was just soaked. Ive never seen greens so wet and soggy. You literally could not get the ball to the hole. Ive never seen anything like it. I hope it stops raining soon.

    Second this. I played in a scramble on Sunday on a golf course that has always been the best in the area for drainage (though far from a great golf course) and it was a swamp. We were surprised they allowed carts on the course and wondering how long it will take to recover from everyone driving all over the place.

    Callaway Epic 9.0 Fujikura Atmos Black TS 6S
    Callaway XR Pro 3 wood
    Callaway XR 5 wood/Titleist 913H 21* hybrid
    Ping i200 Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 105S - 4-UW
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54* and 58* S200
    Evnroll ER5 32"
  • DatSliceDoeDatSliceDoe Camerons & Cobras One fairway overMembers Posts: 2,236 ✭✭

    @Lord Helmet said:
    Took yesterday off, played at City of Fairfield. Its an alright track. It was just soaked. Ive never seen greens so wet and soggy. You literally could not get the ball to the hole. Ive never seen anything like it. I hope it stops raining soon. My grass is out of control - too wet to cut still. Im also very tired of standing and watching soccer in the rain. Seems everytime my kid plays its raining.

    Took my clubs in for loft/lie on Sunday - a beautiful day - but so wet on the ground it wasn't even worth trying to play. I foresee a lot of cartpath only rounds this month. Looked better these last two weekdays though...shame I'm stuck at work!

    And more rain later in the week...

  • FrohlichFrohlich Members Posts: 599 ✭✭

    Yeah, between life and the rain/weather, just haven't played much so far this year. I did have a four day trip to Myrtle Beach a couple weeks ago that was glorious with low 80s and mostly Sunny. Played Tidewater, Barefoot Dye and Barefoot Fazio...some great tracks down there. Ready to play some rounds!!!

  • DatSliceDoeDatSliceDoe Camerons & Cobras One fairway overMembers Posts: 2,236 ✭✭

    @Frohlich said:
    Yeah, between life and the rain/weather, just haven't played much so far this year. I did have a four day trip to Myrtle Beach a couple weeks ago that was glorious with low 80s and mostly Sunny. Played Tidewater, Barefoot Dye and Barefoot Fazio...some great tracks down there. Ready to play some rounds!!!

    Very nice! I missed out on Vegas this year, so I think I'll be doing a northern MI trip later in the summer.

    Getting fit for a driver at MOG this Saturday. I don't trust my gut feeling about the F9 Smoke 70S combo I was going to order sight unseen.

  • Lord HelmetLord Helmet Members Posts: 8,689 ✭✭

    @DatSliceDoe said:

    @Frohlich said:
    Yeah, between life and the rain/weather, just haven't played much so far this year. I did have a four day trip to Myrtle Beach a couple weeks ago that was glorious with low 80s and mostly Sunny. Played Tidewater, Barefoot Dye and Barefoot Fazio...some great tracks down there. Ready to play some rounds!!!

    Very nice! I missed out on Vegas this year, so I think I'll be doing a northern MI trip later in the summer.

    Getting fit for a driver at MOG this Saturday. I don't trust my gut feeling about the F9 Smoke 70S combo I was going to order sight unseen.

    W/ Derek?

    Cobra F9 - Speeder TS 6.2
    Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
    Speedback F9 4i - DG 105 x100
    Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
    SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x
  • DatSliceDoeDatSliceDoe Camerons & Cobras One fairway overMembers Posts: 2,236 ✭✭

    @Lord Helmet said:

    @DatSliceDoe said:

    @Frohlich said:
    Yeah, between life and the rain/weather, just haven't played much so far this year. I did have a four day trip to Myrtle Beach a couple weeks ago that was glorious with low 80s and mostly Sunny. Played Tidewater, Barefoot Dye and Barefoot Fazio...some great tracks down there. Ready to play some rounds!!!

    Very nice! I missed out on Vegas this year, so I think I'll be doing a northern MI trip later in the summer.

    Getting fit for a driver at MOG this Saturday. I don't trust my gut feeling about the F9 Smoke 70S combo I was going to order sight unseen.

    W/ Derek?

    They didn't say who it would be with over the phone.

  • Lord HelmetLord Helmet Members Posts: 8,689 ✭✭

    @DatSliceDoe said:

    @Lord Helmet said:

    @DatSliceDoe said:

    @Frohlich said:
    Yeah, between life and the rain/weather, just haven't played much so far this year. I did have a four day trip to Myrtle Beach a couple weeks ago that was glorious with low 80s and mostly Sunny. Played Tidewater, Barefoot Dye and Barefoot Fazio...some great tracks down there. Ready to play some rounds!!!

    Very nice! I missed out on Vegas this year, so I think I'll be doing a northern MI trip later in the summer.

    Getting fit for a driver at MOG this Saturday. I don't trust my gut feeling about the F9 Smoke 70S combo I was going to order sight unseen.

    W/ Derek?

    They didn't say who it would be with over the phone.

    Gotcha. Any of them are great to work with. Ive worked with Derek a ton in the past - he is great.

    Cobra F9 - Speeder TS 6.2
    Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
    Speedback F9 4i - DG 105 x100
    Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
    SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x
  • FrohlichFrohlich Members Posts: 599 ✭✭

    @DatSliceDoe said:

    @Frohlich said:
    Yeah, between life and the rain/weather, just haven't played much so far this year. I did have a four day trip to Myrtle Beach a couple weeks ago that was glorious with low 80s and mostly Sunny. Played Tidewater, Barefoot Dye and Barefoot Fazio...some great tracks down there. Ready to play some rounds!!!

    Very nice! I missed out on Vegas this year, so I think I'll be doing a northern MI trip later in the summer.

    Getting fit for a driver at MOG this Saturday. I don't trust my gut feeling about the F9 Smoke 70S combo I was going to order sight unseen.

    LOVE northern Michigan golf. Played up there last year and hit up Arcadia and Forest Dunes (amongst others). Going back up in late June on a family vacation with my brother in law and will be sure to hit up a couple of courses myself. Have fun!!!!!!

  • cwb12cwb12 Members Posts: 8 ✭✭

    Coming into Columbus next weekend from FL. Trying to meet up with some friends in Cinci to play but if that doesn't work out, how is Darby Creek playing?

  • TaddNOhioTaddNOhio Members Posts: 39 ✭✭

    @cwb12 said:
    Coming into Columbus next weekend from FL. Trying to meet up with some friends in Cinci to play but if that doesn't work out, how is Darby Creek playing?

    So are you playing near Cincinnati? I used to drive down to Blue Ash and play several times a year when i was younger, it was (probably still is) a really great course

  • DatSliceDoeDatSliceDoe Camerons & Cobras One fairway overMembers Posts: 2,236 ✭✭
    edited May 18, 2019 10:09pm #3541

    @Lord Helmet said:

    @DatSliceDoe said:

    @Lord Helmet said:

    @DatSliceDoe said:

    @Frohlich said:
    Yeah, between life and the rain/weather, just haven't played much so far this year. I did have a four day trip to Myrtle Beach a couple weeks ago that was glorious with low 80s and mostly Sunny. Played Tidewater, Barefoot Dye and Barefoot Fazio...some great tracks down there. Ready to play some rounds!!!

    Very nice! I missed out on Vegas this year, so I think I'll be doing a northern MI trip later in the summer.

    Getting fit for a driver at MOG this Saturday. I don't trust my gut feeling about the F9 Smoke 70S combo I was going to order sight unseen.

    W/ Derek?

    They didn't say who it would be with over the phone.

    Gotcha. Any of them are great to work with. Ive worked with Derek a ton in the past - he is great.

    Well, I basically am playing a poser WRX driver with my LTD - 10.5* HZRDUS Red 6.0. I actually need a 13* club with a different shaft to get good numbers. Pretty much not what I wanted to hear, but it's what fits me today. Went from 220 carry to 246 at 151 ball speed. 100 SS. Pretty pedestrian numbers.

    What I really need to do is go from -4 to -8 AoA to neutral to +4 AoA. Hopefully a series of lessons and actually playing more help, as I'm tired of beating balls on the range and seeing low cut drivers that go nowhere. I need to get in a league or something, work buddies don't really play much.

Sign In or Register to comment.