Tom Lehman's "Heinz 57" variety set of irons

pga43pga43 GolfWRX.com's Tour PhotographerNashville,_ TNMarshals Posts: 9,200 mod
edited Oct 19, 2011 in Pro Players WITB #1
WITB from Disney
Not sure if Tom has two irons that match in the bag
GolfWRX.com
twitter @gdm43pga

Comments

• Slapjax7s Slapjax7s Members Posts: 2,005
    Talk about a mixed bag
  • scratchswingerscratchswinger Members Posts: 16,186 ✭✭
    Sick sick sick!!!! I love the fact that he took his favorite iron of each loft and made a dream bag. That is some serious testing...

How about that Circle T gamer.
  • mx6262mx6262 Posts: 611
    I've seen this before in some of the "older Players" I dont think I could do this my mind couldnt stop thinking about 14 DIFFRENT clubs in the bag.....

But I would love Toms game!!!!!

I saw Lee T. bag in charlotte NC one year and they looked like a $75.00 set of irons....
  • highergr0undhighergr0und Members Posts: 10,136 ✭✭
    Great pics...... I remember the thread a while back talking about it, but it's cool to see. Looks like he's about to set up camp for a while on the putting green with the two snickers, water, and putting aid. Someone needs to tell him to send that circle T for a restore and a COA though..... killing the value by apparently not using a headcover image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • AZPhys13AZPhys13 Members Posts: 439
    So awesome. Definitely wants to play what works, even if it looks like a rental bag from the local muni.
    G25 10.5*
    909F2 15.5*
    909H 21*
    S55 4-PW
    Scratch DD 53*, 58*
    Anser Milled 0
  • DizzDizz J.W. Members Posts: 14,258

Great pics...... I remember the thread a while back talking about it, but it's cool to see. Looks like he's about to set up camp for a while on the putting green with the two snickers, water, and putting aid. Someone needs to tell him to send that circle T for a restore and a COA though..... killing the value by apparently not using a headcover image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

LOL I don't think Tom worries much about the "investment" that he got for free.
    XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
    X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
    716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
    Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
    Cameron Napa California @ 34"
  • scratchswingerscratchswinger Members Posts: 16,186 ✭✭

Hahaha- maybe one would be a better decision.
  • rlheimanrlheiman Members Posts: 1,347
    Now that is variety! Not only different brands but very different head styles too.
  • scratchjunior99scratchjunior99 Irish golfer Members Posts: 56
    What is that cobra iron in the first pic? Looks great!
  • MrParr1NoidMrParr1Noid Golf was fun ClubWRX Posts: 7,212 ✭✭
    It's hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like the TM rac MB is a "one of a kind" iron. That iron has a very thin top line whereas that rac MB in his bag appears to be more beveled out and broader than normal at the top line.

Anyone out there know or have knowledge of these TM rac MB irons?
    1 Club -- Adjustable
    1 Ball -- Very Long
  • finalistfinalist MASHED POTATO! Members Posts: 5,406 ✭✭
    That's really cool to see especially from a top pro.
    Many Byron Putters
    Scratch Don Whites
    Scratch Jeff McCoys
    WITB Link
  • muxi87muxi87 muxi87 Members Posts: 5,263

It's hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like the TM rac MB is a "one of a kind" iron. That iron has a very thin top line whereas that rac MB in his bag appears to be more beveled out and broader than normal at the top line.

Anyone out there know or have knowledge of these TM rac MB irons?

That is definitely a one-off Rac MB. Nowhere near the retail. Something custom for Tom with notches cut out in the back to make it resemble the retail Rac MB when just seeing the cavity from behind.
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Posts: 25,060 ✭✭
    I wonder if the Snickers bars are tour issue? image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    **Bag Construction in Progress**
    Mizuno ST190 G 9.5 (Lofted to 10)
    Mizuno ST190 3TS
    Mizuno CLK 2 Hybrid
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 4 Iron Replacement
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal (5-PW)
    Mizuno S18 Wedges - Blue Ion (50-7, 54-12, 58-16, 62-8)
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
  • Ham SoloHam Solo I'm watching you! Members Posts: 1,082
    Wow! I've never seen such a diverse bag. Especially on tour. Whatever works, I guess. image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':good:' />
  • MrParr1NoidMrParr1Noid Golf was fun ClubWRX Posts: 7,212 ✭✭
    tbowles411 wrote:

I wonder if the Snickers bars are tour issue? image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

They are if the packaging doesn't have the bar code on them...rolleyes.gif . I believe the "tour" issues do not contain the caloric content as well...biggrin.gif

1 Club -- Adjustable
    1 Ball -- Very Long
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Posts: 25,060 ✭✭

tbowles411 wrote:

They are if the packaging doesn't have the bar code on them...rolleyes.gif . I believe the "tour" issues do not contain the caloric content as well...biggrin.gif

LOL! Well played sir. I just choked on my diet Coke!
    **Bag Construction in Progress**
    Mizuno ST190 G 9.5 (Lofted to 10)
    Mizuno ST190 3TS
    Mizuno CLK 2 Hybrid
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 4 Iron Replacement
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal (5-PW)
    Mizuno S18 Wedges - Blue Ion (50-7, 54-12, 58-16, 62-8)
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
  • WUGolfer3118WUGolfer3118 Thank You Troops/Vets! Members Posts: 540 ✭✭
    Anyone else find it interesting he goes with blades in the long irons and cavities in the mid to short irons??? image/WTF.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':WTF:' />
  • highergr0undhighergr0und Members Posts: 10,136 ✭✭
    J.W. wrote:

LOL I don't think Tom worries much about the "investment" that he got for free.

You mean pros get clubs for free? They must have to pay for the headcover..... lol
  • promoe2413promoe2413 Members Posts: 28
    Why does he go cavity back short irons but blades for long irons? shouldnt it be the other way around?
  • SplitterSplitter The truth is out there.... Members Posts: 3,396
    Pretty neat. He'd be screwed if the airlines torched his bag though. His caddy would have to hit up all the local garage sales and swap meets.

BTW.. what's up with that putter? Doesn't he know he can get "TL" stamped all over that thing?

• What is that cobra iron in the first pic? Looks great!

That is an old Cobra Norman forged blade. That set was one nice set of blades! TL definitely has an unusual bag of sticks.
  • lobublobub Don't be stupid, you moron! Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭
    That's gotta be the most beat up pro's bag I've ever seen.
    TM Superfast 1.0 10.5 deg w/ Kai'Li
    TM 2017 M2 15 deg
    Adams Idea Tour Proto 20deg
    Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW
    TM xFT 52, 56, 60
    Seemore FGP mallet
  • Darth_BladerDarth_Blader Members Posts: 979 ✭✭
    Awesome bag! Saw him play during the Principal Charity Classic(Iowa's Premier PGA event image/man_in_love.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':man_in_love:' /> ), guy still money!
    Cobra F9 9* UST Attas Coool
    Rogue 15* Aldila Max 75
    Vsteel 7w Rogue 80
    S55 4-PW CTaper S+
    Scratch 8620 50* KBS CTaper S+
    Scratch 8620 56* KBS CTaper S+
    Scratch TI 60 DG 400
    Odyssey LE PT10
  • gregcindyhgregcindyh Posts: 1,001
    It's like he went out in his garage or down to the pro shop and said, "uuum, give me that 6 iron, that 5 iron and let's see, gimme that 7 iron etc..." sweet
    Callaway Epic GBB 9* Hzurdus T800 6.5
    Titleist FD 15* Diamana Blue Board 80x
    Adams a12 pro 20* Hybrid Diamana whiteboard 90x
    Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW DG Pro
    Nike VR Pro 56* DG s400
    Titleist SM5 60* S grind DG s400
    Scotty Cameron Squareback 34"
  • scs1070scs1070 Members Posts: 1,460 ✭✭
    com98dore wrote:

What is that cobra iron in the first pic? Looks great!

That is an old Cobra Norman forged blade. That set was one nice set of blades! TL definitely has an unusual bag of sticks.

Indeed. Great set. I have a set in the attic. I pull them out every now and then to remind me how bad I am.
  • tElihutElihu Posts: 1,131
    I hope at least the shafts are matching.
  • Vintage1976Vintage1976 I think something was lost in transition Members Posts: 2,681 ✭✭
    gregcindyh wrote:

It's like he went out in his garage or down to the pro shop and said, "uuum, give me that 6 iron, that 5 iron and let's see, gimme that 7 iron etc..." sweet

+1

I'm just dumbfounded at this "set", I wonder if he just needs to keep things interesting to keep his head in every shot or something. This seems so odd to me, but heck I'm sure the guy could beat me with his 7 iron, whatever model that happens to be image/huh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />.
    909D3 9.5*  //  VSProto
    906F4 13.5*  //  AttasT3
    913F 16*  //  NV2KXVBlue
    A12Pro 18*  //  AltusWhite (undecided)
    DCI762 4-9  //  DVS\DynamicGold (undecided)
    FGTourTC 50*56*  //   DGSpinner
    SlotLine SS385

"Until you make the subconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate."
  • GatorNate11GatorNate11 Members Posts: 3,919
    Somewhere, an OCD WRX'er has just killed himself. That is certainly one of the more interesting bags I've seen.
  • LorenRobertsFanLorenRobertsFan Members Posts: 1,413
    promoe2413 wrote:

Why does he go cavity back short irons but blades for long irons? shouldnt it be the other way around?

He probably wants a wider sole with the short irons so he won't dig too much with them through the turf image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    9.0* Callaway Epic Flash w/ HZRDS Yellow
    16.5* Callaway Rogue FW w/ Rogue Silver 70
    21* Callaway Big Bertha Hyb
    4-PW Callaway Apex 19 Irons w/ TT Elevate Tour
    52* Callaway MD4 S Grind
    56* Callaway MD4 S Grind
    60* Callaway PM Grind
    Odyssey OWorks Black 7S

Z Cord grips
  • bub72ckbub72ck Posts: 2,455 ✭✭
    I think its great that he has picked the clubs he is most confident in. To me it really shows a golfer who looks at each shot individually. He's not worried about the progression from a 6 iron to a 7 iron but rather the look of a 7 iron when he chooses to hit that club. That philosophy won't work for 99.999999% of golfers but he has found a way to use it well considering his career.

Also, the Putting Arc that he is carrying in the last pic is an amazing tool. It's the only golf training aid I have ever purchased and its done more for my game than anything else.
    Titleist TS3 9.5* Diamana S+ X
    Taylormade HFS Diamana Blue 83X
    Taylormade Rescue 09 TP Aldila XVS9
    Titleist 714 AP2 TT DGX100 4-PW
    Vokey SM5 50*, 54* and 60* TT DGS400
    SIK Pro Custom