Grafalloy ProLaunch Red

Grafalloy ProLaunch Red:

Developed for players seeking a flatter, penetrating trajectory, ProLaunch Red combines the launch monitor tuned performance of ProLaunch technology with key performance attributes from the original ProLite 35, the most popular ultralite shaft of all-time. The shaft incorporates Grafalloy’s proprietary Micro-Mesh™ tip technology to strike the perfect balance of tip stiffness, stability and spin control while preserving critical feel for valuable feedback.

The new ProLaunch Red captured another title at the European Tour’s Deutsche Bank Players' Championship of Europe on July 30th. The champion, armed with ProLaunch Red, fired a final round 67 for a four round total of 263 and a comfortable four shot victory. The win places the champion well inside the top 10 on the European Ryder Cup points list as well as in the top 50 in the Official World Golf Ranking.

* Low ball flight counterpart to the original ProLaunch

* The ultimate combination of power and tour-caliber trajectory built upon the unequalled performance benefits of ProLite 35 — the winningest graphite shaft of all time!

* Proprietary Micro-Mesh™ tip technology provides lower torque for greater stability while offering superior feel at impact compared to other low trajectory, tip-stiff composite shaft designs.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This shaft is awesone, stiff shaft 45 inch. I had it put in Cleveland Comp. Carry 260, very good roll even in cold northern michigan. I had been plugging fairway till now.

Update 12-3-06 I had control issues with some hooks (lite weight shaft used to TT dgs). I changed left hand to a stronger position results were better with a power fade more control. The feel in the back swing is nice can feel where the club head is.

• 2 months later...

I am having mixed feelings about this shaft. I recently replaced the NVS with a prolaunch red in my retail FT3 tour. It does launch the ball lower than the NVS but not much, I would not consider this a low launch shaft as claimed on their website. This is what I like to call a blue collar shaft; inexpensive gets the job done nothing fancy. I personally found this shaft to play about a half flex weak. 7 out of 10

• 5 months later...

i went to titleist day yesterday and tried this in stiff. felt quite good but my swing speed was not up to it despite the demo man continually giving me stiff shafts. i have swing speed of 95mph with driver and carry of about 210-215 yards and tend to not have too much trouble with control. anyone know a good shaft for that combo?

thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Reshafted my 906 f2 15 degree with the 75g Stiff FW Prolaunch red. Launch is probably mid, but launched it lower than thr 75 s NV, and found it a lot more stable. Overall a much better shaft. Pitched the green with my 3 wood this weekend. 297 yards carry, 30 feet drop in elevation. Proof enough for me. :russian_roulette:.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

My buddy suggested this shaft to me, and I'm considering it...

I play a burner 9.5, and with the stock shaft on it, my spin rate is approx 5k+ when I hit the ball. My ball just goes up and up and upand just dies, like I had a sniper rifle and knocked it out of the sky.

Anyways, has anyone used this shaft with a Burner driver?

Pete

I play a burner 9.5, and with the stock shaft on it, my spin rate is approx 5k+ when I hit the ball. My ball just goes up and up and upand just dies, like I had a sniper rifle and knocked it out of the sky.

Pete

If your spin rate is over 5k you'll need a lot more help than the Red. I'll spare you the swing lectures i always see but you'll need at the very least less loft, a substancially lower spinning head and shafts akin to the whiteboard, vista tour etc. Maybe one heavier than you use now.

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

Pete

If your spin rate is over 5k you'll need a lot more help than the Red. I'll spare you the swing lectures i always see but you'll need at the very least less loft, a substancially lower spinning head and shafts akin to the whiteboard, vista tour etc. Maybe one heavier than you use now.

I was told the white board as well, but it's the cost that I'm afraid will stop me from getting a new shaft. The $$'s is the biggest thing and I know that 90% of the Diamana's on fleabay are fake.

As far as the swing, I've tried to stop all those faults like hitting down on the driver etc and I've changed that. I just know that I've hit the ball on the screws and if it goes 250 I'm luck right now with this driver the ball just climbs like Ishot it out of my 60mm mortar! LOL and with no roll at all. I'm playing a v1x hoping that would help, but it's all about the tool...me and the club! LOL

I just put one in for a customer and really brought his launch angle and spin rate down, he loves it! :russian_roulette:

What was his spin rate? swing speed etc?

• 1 month later...

Im with you buddy, except my spin rate reached 13000. yes you read that right 13000, and Im a 3 handicap and play on my college team. I got fitted to a Diamana redboard, and ordered it in a titleist d2. I couldnt hit the thing at all, and one day my buddy told me to try the prolaunch red in my old G2. The day after i got the G2 back i was in a tournament and i was hitting the ball up there about 270-280 where im usually like 250-260. I couldnt tell if it was because it was dry out or what but i definitely noticed the ball going a little further, but my launch was probably the same as before.

• 2 weeks later...
Im with you buddy, except my spin rate reached 13000. yes you read that right 13000,

That machine was wrong, that is impossible unless your SS is in the 120s and you have a descending blow of about 20 degrees, while having a loft of 40 on your driver, just punched it into the Trajectoware software i have and it wouldnt even give me a ballflight, just SS and AofA numbers

I am really impressed with this shaft. I have had some high end Fujis and Mitsus in the past and the PL Red is right there with them. I was playing the VS Proto before this and some swing changes warrented something different. Definately worked for me and didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Titleist TSr2 10* Tensei 1K Black 65X
Titleist TSr2 15* Tensei White 75X 
Titleist Tsi 22* Tensei White 95X
Titleist T150 NS Pro 120 X 4-PW
Vokey SM9 50*, 54* and 60* TT DGS400
SIK Pro Custom

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

well off the top of my head

v2 is a low bend, pl red is a high bend

i see alot of people with the pl red in the ping woods and hybrids, havent seen a v2 in anything yet

id suggest the pl red over the v2

also, i threw 2 strips of lead tape down the shaft of my g10 to make the prolaunch a bit heavier, personally i like it more but i dont understand how it brought my launch angle down to about 13* but put my spin rate threw the roof ;)

personally, im not really impressed with the prolaunch red, i wouldnt buy another one for me thats for sure

Awesome Shaft in Stiff for a 97-100mph swing. I have a steep angle of attack, and require a high kick point low spin shaft and this is just right. Mid-Low ball flight low spin. I am now hitting it in the G10 Driver & G10 3&5 Woods and will be picking up the 4 Hybrid.

Some of the other posts suggest it is less than ideal in X Stiff for those with 110mph SS, but for a more moderate SS this is a great shaft. For a point of reference:

Aldila By You- way too much spin for me, flailed it right every time

Diamana BB 65- Good shaft, comparable results for me, but Very expensive.

Speeder 757- Great shaft, but at 43 yo I'm not man enough anymore, expensive.

Speeder 686- Great "baby" 757 that a bit stiffer than PL Red in Stiff, expensive but great results, low spin, low-mid trajectory.

Graffalloy PL 35- My first great driver shaft, and if you liked this shaft you'll love the PL Red. PL Red firmer w/less torque and I was able to snap the PL35 if I got quick, but not the PL Red.

In summary, PL Red is a great buy for the $. Try it.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Great shaft. The feel is good and it is one of the few shafts that keeps my ballflight and spin down. It is not quite the whiteboard but it is great for the price.

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 9* w/ UST Linq Red 8F5

Callaway Rogue 3 LS Wood w/ UST Linq Blue 8F5

Callaway UW 19* w VA Baddazz 70X

Titleist T100 ‘21 4-9 w/ TT X100

Vokey 46* w/ TT X100

Vokey 50, 54 and 58* w/ BGT ZNE 130

L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 (Red) Broomstick

My ss measured 96 to 102 in my diver fitting and I find the Prolaunch Red, R flex to be the best shaft I've tried. It is a great stock shaft in combination the BTY 4350.

TSr 2, 11 driver, Tensei Blue, 55r

TSi 2, 16.5 fairway wood, Tensei Blue, 65r

Aerojet, 21 fairway wood, Kai’li Blue, 65r
Qi10 22 hybrid, Ventus Blue, 65r
AP3, 5-48* - Steelfiber i95 r
Vokey SM9 - 52, 56, KBS Tour lite
Evnroll ER2,  33"

• 5 weeks later...

I'm using PL Red 65 S in my I-Mix 8.5* right now, and I can honestly say it does keep the ball flight down. It doesn't feel too bad when you hit it, but to me, it doesn't feel like it has a lot of "pop". Its not a bad shaft, but I don't think it measures up to the ProLite 3.5, which I think is an outstanding shaft. For the price, its a solid shaft.

• 2 months later...

Probably one of the best high kick shafts when it comes to performance to price ratio. I would put this shaft up there with Diamana White.

Driver - Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6x

3 wood - Titleist TS2 15* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7x

5wood - Titleist TS2 18* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-8x

Irons - Srixon ZX7 4, Srixon Z Forged 5- PW w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Gap Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Sand Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Lob Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore Full Face 64* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Putter - Bettinardi DASS Diamond Face BB8 w/ Stability Tour Black

Ball - Srixon Z Star

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i have the pro launch red stiff in my G10 9* doesnt launch that low but very penetrating after initial take off, 270- 275 yds carry , just had a G10 built as back up with fujikura e 370 that launches very low ,with very low spin rate , ideal for windy conditions , really nice solid feel as well , but i wouldnt say its longer in distance, just better in the wind than the red.