DEC. 20 CHAT WITH TAYLORMADE (Read what TMag replied to all of your questions pg 12)

HipCheckHipCheck Toed it a lil, Romes.The Right CoastMarshals Posts: 6,283 mod
edited Dec 29, 2011 in Industry Chats #1
See the TMag transcripts starting in Page 12 halfway down...
THIS HAS ENDED. No need to ask more questions.

WRX EXCLUSIVE! TaylorMade Experts Talk 2012 Product with GolfWRXers

On December 20, TaylorMade joined us for 2 1/2 hours of live Q&A. Click the link below to view.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/554661-dec-20-chat-with-taylormade-10-am-12-pm-pst-1-pm-3-pm-est/page__view__findpost__p__3965911"][size="6"][color="gray"]LIVE Q&A STARTS HERE >>> [/color][color="red"]CLICK ME[/color][/size][/url]

P.S. If you need some incentive to leave a good question: TaylorMade is giving 3 of the [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/554647-witbox-taylormade-rocketballz-3-wood-special-edition/"]"Special Edition" packages to GolfWRX[/url]. Anyone who gets a question answered will be entered into a random drawing for a shot at one of the three 3-wood kits. Good luck and fire away!
Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DNice26DNice26 Members Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple Question: Why "Rocketballz"?

TaylorMade M6 10.5, Graphite Design 6X, 45.25"
    TaylorMade RBZ Tour Issue 18, Aldila Tour Blue 7X
    Ping G410 19 hybrid, Tensai Blue 8TX
    TayorMade P790 4 & 5 Iron, 770 6-PW, KBS C-Taper S
    TaylorMade MG 50, 54 & 58 TT S400 (Spider Man theme)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12, 35"

https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/

• sallyboy7153sallyboy7153 Birdie to Bogey Members Posts: 475
    How is the RBZ driver compared to the R11s as far as distance goes? Is one more forgiving or longer? Thanks
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Callaway Rogue Sub-Zero 9° Graphite Design Tour AD-GP 6s[/font]
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Callaway Rogue 3W-15° Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 7s[/font]
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Callaway Rogue 3H-19° Graphite Design Tour AD-HY 85s[/font]
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli-Hi 4 & 5 KBS C-Taper Lite S[/font]
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][background=transparent]Mizuno MP18 MMC 6-PW KBS C-Taper Lite S[/background][/font]

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Vokey Wedgeworks Custom SM7 RAW 50[/font][background=transparent]° [/background]54° 58° [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Project X[/font]
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Scotty Cameron Custom 009 Masterful [/font]
    [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Taylormade TP5X[/font]
  • DNice26DNice26 Members Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, that was an obvious and already stated question. I'll try one more: Say I'm shopping a Taylor Made driver next year- what will make me choose the R11s over the RBZ or vice versa?

TaylorMade M6 10.5, Graphite Design 6X, 45.25"
    TaylorMade RBZ Tour Issue 18, Aldila Tour Blue 7X
    Ping G410 19 hybrid, Tensai Blue 8TX
    TayorMade P790 4 & 5 Iron, 770 6-PW, KBS C-Taper S
    TaylorMade MG 50, 54 & 58 TT S400 (Spider Man theme)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12, 35"

https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/

• SakmanSakman @ryansako Marshals Posts: 6,293 mod
    edited Dec 13, 2011 #5
    Alright, I'll bite...

How is the channel on the new RBZ FW any different than what we've seen from a couple other OEM's over the last two years?

Compression Channel, Velocity Slot, Speed Pocket, etc.
  • drifter12drifter12 Members Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    as a golfer looking for a new driver or fairway wood, what are the benefits/drawbacks of the R11S woods vs. the new RBZ woods? what types of golfers is each line targeted for? Thanks WRX and TM for the thread.
    TaylorMade M1 9.5
    Titleist 906F4 15.5
    TaylorMade Aeroburner 19
    Mizuno JPX-850 Forged 5-PW
    Mizuno MP-T4 52/58
    Bettinardi SS7
  • Jamboy72Jamboy72 Powered by the old school Members Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in...so with all of the focus on fitting/adjustability...why was that feature left out of portions of the RBZ line? Is this simply providing an obvious innovative place for the next line?

Thanks for doing this...!
  • AP2 712AP2 712 Members Posts: 5,509 BST Banned
    Why did you replace the successful Burner series with RBZ?
  • JaxGolfer1JaxGolfer1 Members Posts: 66
    edited Dec 13, 2011 #9
    How will the RocketBallz line help the weekend warrior who wants to add distance to his or her bag from the tee box and the fairway with a new metal wood?
  • harleydavisharleydavis Members Posts: 403 ✭✭
    edited Dec 13, 2011 #10
    Well we obviously know that the R11s fairway woods will allow for adjustably. What I am interested in is the setup of the Standard and Tour tour versions of the RBZ? Setup square, Open, Closed? Neutral, draw of fade weighted? Will these Tour versions of the RBZ be as fade biased as the Burner 2.0 TP?
  • fore_lifefore_life Swung too hard, hit it too pure. Members Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    What seems to be more benificial in adding distance: adjustable flight control or longer, lighter shafts?

Also, where does a manufacturer possibly go from here in terms of increasing performance under current USA regulations?
    Ping G400 LST Ust Attas Earth 9f5
    M4 15* with bimatrix rocket X
    Titleist 21* H2 evenflow blue 6.5
    718 tmb 4 iron
    718 cb 5-pw amt x100 tour
    Vokeys
    Cleveland TA milled 1i

Various other putters currently in the closet,
    thinking about what they've done wrong,
    and how they've hurt me so.
  • jones137jones137 Members Posts: 2,596
    Love the avatar Sakman.....

By upgrading to the R11s, what will I gain compared to the older R11 in terms of performance? Or is it just additional adjustability?
    Titleist 915D2 9.5* Rogue Black 95MSI 60S
    Callaway XHot Pro 15* Project X 6.5
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 2 Iron C-Taper X
    Bridgeston J40CB 3-PW Project X 6.0
    Ping Anser 54*,60* Project X 6.0
    Taylormade Imola 8 35"
  • SHIVANSHIVAN Members Posts: 5,143
    With the enhancement of the R11 line, will this also open the door to more additions in the publicly available TMAG R11 graphics "aftermarket" shafts? If so, what new shafts are anticipated first (Ahina 70 & 80, AD DI, Kioyshi, etc)? If no expansion in shaft selection is anticipated, please explain.

Thanks GolfWRX and Taylor Made!!!
  • evoviiiyouevoviiiyou evoviiiyou Members Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Dec 13, 2011 #14
    What is the static head weight difference in the R11 440 headed driver and the R11S 460 head?

What is the shaft length of the RBZ 3 wood, and 5 wood?

Will there be a 4 wood offering in the RBZ line?

Will there be new wedge line offering for 2012?

Why is it better for the MWT ports to be closer to the face than towards the rear of the club head like in the R9 Super Tri head?

Mizuno ST190 10.5/ Fuji Speeder TR 661S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno CLK 16/ Nippon Modus Tour 130S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno JPX FliHi 19/ Modus Tour 130S/ PURE Wrap WHT
    Mizuno JPX919F 4-9iron Nippon SPO S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno JPX919T PW Nippon SPO S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    Mizuno S18 Wedges 50&56/ Modus 120S/ PURE Wrap BLK
    SeeMore M1B/ Satin Black Conti Golf/ Super Stroke Slim CC

• jtoker1369jtoker1369 Members Posts: 61
    for higher Handicappers (25). Which would be a better fit. the RBZ or the R11 Driver/woods.

Is one model better for high handicappers than the other and why.
  • CurtisCurtis Members Posts: 48
    Where will be able to purchase the Rocketballz products?
  • HuskerfanHuskerfan Members Posts: 29
    How are you able to create a fairway wood that gives you so much more distance than today's fairway woods?
  • danavoN7danavoN7 Members Posts: 59
    What golf balls is TaylorMade releasing for 2012? Is there just one RBZ golf ball or will there be different models and what are the differences between them?
  • Djuga06Djuga06 D.J. Members Posts: 495 ✭✭✭✭
    Will the RBZ take over for the Superfast line that has been so popular among amateurs and even the pro's for the past handful of years? And what determination went into deciding the shafts for this model?
  • JasonJ33JasonJ33 Members Posts: 43
    At this point, people seem to think of Titleist and other brands for workability and professional standards as far as drivers and woods are concerned, how will rocketballz and the new r11 help change the viewpoint of the internet junkies and show that taylormade is not only forgiving but the best choice from a performance and workability standpoint?
  • JJGrissJJGriss Members Posts: 26
    How does this fairway wood combine forgiveness and playability, two critical factors when deciding on a 3wd replacement?
  • Boogs2Boogs2 Turbulence is caused by air fish Members Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    With both the new R11s and RBZ series drivers/woods having adjustable hosels, what will differentiate the two? Will the R-series still be targeted towards the more "control" oriented golfer while the RBZ series towards the "distance" oriented golfer? Going forward, will Taylormade continue to evolve the adjustability factor of clubs i.e. offer only clubs with FCT/MWT/hot-swappable shafts/etc?

• dsparobdsparob fairways and greens pard... Members Posts: 622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have always been an on and off Taylormade user since my Pittsburgh Persimmon through my R7 and 500 series. When there is great technology and performance in a classic look, I'm in, but when I get lost a little when looks change dramatically in a short term. I am not a big fan of different shapes, or extra flash. I understand the white concept, however I don't really get all of the extra work on the crown.

Can you describe the mindset behind all of the crown graphics on both new lines, and what purpose they serve?

Thanks for doing this TM and Golfwrx, best of luck in the new year!!!
    Taylormade M3 460 9.5*, Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60x
    Tour Edge Exotics CB2 15* and 18*, Aldila Voodoo SNV8
    Ping i210 4-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 105s
    Ping Glide 2.0 50SS, 54WS, 58ES, DG S400 TI onyx
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 3

http://www.golfwrx.c...arobs-2015-bag/
  • Jonny8Jonny8 Members Posts: 242
    Why did you go back to releasing multiple different club heads (R11s, RBZ, RBZ Tour; R11s fw, RBZ fw, RBZ Tour fw, RBZ TP fw).

The trend seem to be towards one club head (adjustable) and multiple shaft options, adjustments to the uniform clubhead

Thanks for the great chance and the giveaways
  • wilavicwilavic Members Posts: 478 ✭✭✭✭
    What handicap group do you hope to target with the RBZ line?Thanks
  • cerv10cerv10 Members Posts: 46 ✭✭
    First off - WOW! what a great looking product! This could change the game for fairway woods technology.

The velocity slot looks alot like the technology introduced in the ADAMS SPEEDLINE LP line. Can you explain how the RBZ line compares to the ADAMS SPEEDLINE product?

Thanks
  • jclark07jclark07 Members Posts: 229
    edited Dec 14, 2011 #27
    Has the RocketBallz line required the most R&D to date from Taylormade? Would you consider the advances made with the RBZ clubs to be more significant than say the R11, R9 or R7 when they were released?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • golfwaregolfware Members Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    First, KUDOS to a wonderfully successful 2011 with the R11 and Burner Superfast 2.0 drivers and fairway woods. They have been a HUGE hit. To follow-up on that success will be a true challenge. As other OEM's appear to be gravitating towards "simple is better", how can you convince the customer that "more adjustability is better" with the R11S? What makes the R11S "better" than the R11? What data is available to support this?
  • m_reesem_reese Members Posts: 7
    Being a new player, my swing is constantly changing (hopefully for the better.) With that in mind, how often should I be fit for my driver? Will improved technique mean that the settings I have dialed in to my current TaylorMade driver need to be updated for maximum ball speed and optimal ball flight? Thanks.
  • Shaank0Shaank0 Members Posts: 1,213
    edited Dec 13, 2011 #30
    Question 1: With the past years introduction to slots, on fairways. Nike is the only one who has put the compression channel on there driver. Why does the RBZ driver not have a slot, are there restrictions or ???

Question2: What measure did you go through to make sure the speed slot does not interact harshly or badly with turf.
  • 3 piece3 piece Members Posts: 246 ✭✭
    First off. Love the look and design of RBZ. My question is. With the huge success of the R11, why was the introduction of the RBZ (not to mention the R11s) so soon. I understand the need to progess but if I just spent $400 for an R11 in 2011, the chances of me buying a RBZ or R11s are pretty slim. Do you think the sales of RBZ and R11s will support the decision for such a early release?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file