DEC. 20 CHAT WITH TAYLORMADE (Read what TMag replied to all of your questions pg 12)

Comments

• teeituphighteeituphigh Head Professional - Hastings Golf Club, NZ Hastings, New ZealandMembers  1216WRX Points: 133Posts: 1,216 Platinum Tees
    Hi, Id like to know if TMaG are assuming that (for the foreseable future atleast), if they will continue to produce products with a 12 month life cycle and if so, when do they think the bubble will burst as far as the consumer wanting to keep up with the newest TM clubs. Many consumers believe the constant bringing out of new product is putting them off purchasing at the current MSRP (which means lower turnover) as they know in a year it will be cheaper and at the very least they will A) be able to try the new club to see if it is any better and B) save themself a few hundred dollars if they do decide to purchase the older model (here in New Zealand)

Thanks

Brett
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • jas904jas904 Members  1562WRX Points: 212Handicap: 1.4Posts: 1,562 Platinum Tees
    Can you talk about the stock shaft options available with RBZ? And how does TaylorMade choose what stock shafts to offer? Thanks for your time.
    Posted:
    TaylorMade M4 8.5, Aldila Rogue White 130 M.S.I. 60S
    TaylorMade M3 15, HZRDUS Black 75S
    Callaway XR Pro 20, Project X LZ S
    Srixon Z765 4-PW, KBS TGI 95 hs x1
    Ping Glide 3.0 50 & 56 SS, KBS TGI 95 hs x1
    Ping Glide 3.0 60 TS, KBS TGI 95
    Ping Ketsch Armlock, BGT Stability
  • Skaffa77Skaffa77 Heaven? No, the Sand Hills... ClubWRX  6932WRX Points: 233Posts: 6,932 ClubWRX
    • Can you tell us more about the new penta ASP and how that will further allow the golfer to adjust the face angle?
    • Is there a point where gaining more distance with a fairway wood becomes counter-productive?
    • The sole of the original R11 fairway woods seems to cause many concerns with turf interactions. Has this been addressed in the new R11 fairway woods?
    Posted:
  • DeCuchiDeCuchi Members  1122WRX Points: 6Handicap: 4.6Posts: 1,122 Platinum Tees
    I'm interested in hearing about the RBZ fwy models vs the R11 fwy model. Also interested in the direction of the R series drivers. Will there be other variants like the superdeep to the R9?
    Posted:
    You didn't plan to fail,
    you failed to plan!

M3 460/9.5*/HZRDUS 75 6.0
    '17 M2 Tour/16.5*/'ilima 70s
    '17 M1 /19*/'ilima 70s
    '10 MP Fli Hi 3-4/Recoil Hybrid Proto 100 f4
    MP4 5-PW/Recoil Proto 110 f4
    Taylormade Milled Grind 52*/KBS Tour 120 s
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 58*/ KBS Tour 120 s
    Cameron Oil Can Newport 2
    Srixon XV
  • Ernie1060Ernie1060 Members  341WRX Points: 1Handicap: 3-5Posts: 341 Bunkers
    With so many settings available for the new R11s driver, how do you ensure that the average Joe who cant make it down to THE KINGDOM, actually has a properly fit club/shaft... I know having been to the KiNGDOM i would never buy another driver without the benefit of a proper fitting/ setting up of my driver... but what about the rest of the public who doesnt have access to that and maybe doesnt know what to do with the club on their own? ever consider a quick instruction CD included with the purchase of each club?

for kicks: can i please have an RBZ 3w?.... lol. no really, please?
    Posted:
  • HackerDad78HackerDad78 Members  508WRX Points: 79Posts: 508 Golden Tee
    Looking at the photos, it's tough to distinguish changes to the R11s 3 wood, although I read that it offers more loft adjustability.

Will I be able to use my stable of shafts from the R9 and R11, or does the new wood have a different tip?
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • SlapShotGolferSlapShotGolfer Read it, Roll it, Make it Members  678WRX Points: 55Posts: 678 Golden Tee
    Where did the new 5 way ASP plate idea originate and how will all golfers benefit from it?

Thanks.
    Posted:
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Chicks dig me cuz I rarely wear underwear Members  3864WRX Points: 1Posts: 3,864 Bunkers
    Will you guarantee me 15 extra yards with the RBZ 3 wood or my money back? image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/font]
  • John KreeseJohn Kreese Members  572WRX Points: 93Posts: 572 Golden Tee
    Will the RBZ line be replacing Burner products in the future?
    Posted:
  • TWshoot67TWshoot67 TWShoot67 Members  2718WRX Points: 149Handicap: 4.2Posts: 2,718 Titanium Tees
    My questions to TaylorMade would be: What led you to picking the name and color pattern for the Rocketballz line? How many years does it take to come up with a final decision on a name and color? Also what led to TaylorMade putting the compression channel in their new line of clubs when it's already been out for a few years with Adams? Also was this NEW Rocketballz line built primarily with the though of gearing this towards a younger non traditional golfer? Thanks for the opportunity to ask you these questions.

Tim
    Posted:
    Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
    Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
    TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
    Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
    Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
    Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
    Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
    Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
    Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
    WITB Link
  • CG69'sCG69's Lefty Boomers  363WRX Points: 69Posts: 363 Greens
    Will the "tour" versions of the club be available in left-handed? If so what options? If not, why not?
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • TPC_BradTPC_Brad Members  20WRX Points: 0Posts: 20
    With the driver the FCT is used in both the rocket and the r11 drivers but why not in rocketballz fairway wood or hybrid.
    Posted:
  • jeschrichjeschrich Members  298WRX Points: 0Posts: 298
    After reading about the inverted cone club face on the RBZ, could you describe this technology a bit and how it relates to the distance gains you have found in the RBZ line of woods.

Thanks for the awesome oppertunity!

Posted:
  • mikeyzgcdmikeyzgcd Members  342WRX Points: 82Posts: 342 Greens
    Question #1: Could you discuss the technology behind the compression channel and what benefits it brings the club in terms of accuracy/distance/forgiveness?

Question #2: How did you determine the price point for the Rocketballz line?
    Posted:

WITB
    Driver: Titleist TS2 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue Pro Orange S
    3 Wood: Adams Idea XTD 15* Super S Hybrid w/ Fubuki AX350 S
    Utility: Titleist 818H2 19* and 23* w/ Fujikura Motore TS HB 8.8
    5-PW: Titleist AP3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lites
    WEDGES: Titleist Vokey SM7 52* and 56*
    PUTTER: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 w/ Superstroke

• MroneputtMroneputt Members  8WRX Points: 0Posts: 8
    While I understand the reasoning behind why you named this series this ...............................but do you think its possible you have jumped the shark in naming this new line?
    Posted:
  • TechyHeadTechyHead Members  44WRX Points: 0Posts: 44
    Will the R9 and R11 FCT tipped shafts work on RBZ and R11s heads?
    Posted: