LIVE CHAT WITH JASON GORE! Wednesday, Dec. 21, 6pm ET

HipCheckHipCheck Toed it a lil, Romes.The Right CoastMarshals Posts: 6,232 mod
edited Dec 21, 2011 in Industry Chats #1
Jason is a big fan of our community & wants to answer your questio
[size="5"]FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS FOR JASON BELOW!

[/size]

Oh, and of course, here's Jason's most recent bag pic image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SakmanSakman @ryansako Marshals Posts: 6,292 mod
    Talk about a full house this week. Nice work guys!
  • KYMARKYMAR Members Posts: 13,257 ✭✭
    LOVE JG! talk about a guy who is easy to root for. Does it get any more laid back and humble than this guy?

Sweet sticks Jason, Love that Fourteen wedge and those insane **** headcovers are outstanding!

If I miss out on the interview and Q&A have a FANTASTIC 2012 Jason.
    Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
    Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
    Hybrid undecided
    Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
    Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
    White Hot 6 Long Neck
  • sedowneysedowney Members Posts: 516
    Awesome! I took my son to the Chattanooga Classic last year (2010) and we followed Jason around all day Saturday, and my son got his autograph after the round. He STILL talks about him and how far he could hit a ball. Thanks for this, very cool. Thank you Mr. Gore for the chat!partytime2.gif

Shane
  • HipCheckHipCheck Toed it a lil, Romes. The Right CoastMarshals Posts: 6,232 mod
    He's on GolfWRX all the time. Jason is a class act. You'll love chatting with him.
    Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud

• Jamboy72Jamboy72 Powered by the old school Members Posts: 5,956 ✭✭
    Wunderbar...you guys rock!
  • ROBOPTIROBOPTI Members Posts: 2,495
    JASON !!!!!!!! ... What's up !!!!!!!

OK ... I'm sure you get plenty of golf questions ...

So I have to say upfront - I HAVE followed you for a full round EVERY year you have come to the Zurich - but I'm just another face in the crowd. But I have been there - I make it a point to follow the COBRA guys - scared Poulter to death a few years back - Stalked Rickie this past year too image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

1. If you come this year - Need a caddie - if you do - I'm IN !!!

2. How bout a cold beer and a dozen oysters with a local.

3. How much for one of your used bags - Name the price image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

GOOD LUCK this year Jason !!!!

image/friends.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':friends:' /> image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
  • bknapp34bknapp34 Members Posts: 356 ✭✭
    thanks for coming on here to talk to us guys on GolfWRX. this is really great for our community here and I really appreciate it. I look forward to the chat and hope to watch you again in person soon! thanks again for chatting with us. merry Christmas and happy hollidays!
  • Ironhorse723Ironhorse723 Members Posts: 809 ✭✭
    Haha worst possible time...wish I could chat from my car on the commute home! Jason I was diggin the Cobra with the Matrix white out at the Nationwide this yr!
    TM '17 M1 Tour Issue 440 9.5 Kuro Kage Dual Core 70TX
    TM '17 M1 15 Aldila Mamba Green 80TX
    TM '17 M1 18 Diamana S+ 102x
    Adams Pro Black 9031 DF 20 Diamana Thump X
    Callaway RAZR X Forged 5-6, MB 7-PW KBS C-Taper 130 X
    SM7 Jet Black 52F, TVD 56K, SM6 Jet Black 60K
    Bettinardi Queen B #3
  • scoobydrew813scoobydrew813 Members Posts: 87
    edited Dec 21, 2011 #10
    Jason,

What is the best piece of advice or tip that has stuck with you throughout your career? Also, do you know anything about Rickie Fowler joining Cobra?

Thanks,

scoobydrew813
  • UncleJohn’sBandUncleJohn’sBand Members Posts: 976 ✭✭
    Wow, this is awesome!! image/partytime2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':partytime2:' /> I just have a simple question that can be broken down a billion ways...how do you practice? What makes you so good? How did you get so good? What Im reall asking is what does it take to make it on the PGA and Nationwide tours? Its my dream, and I feel as though my practice is kind of stalling, like Im not getting as much as I could from it. Sweet headcovers btw!!

Blake
    Titleist 915 D3 Speeder vc 7.2 tour spec
    Titleist 910 F Rombax W
    Titleist 913hd Matrix Altus
    Titleist 714 CB/MB 4-Pw PjX 6.5
    Tour issue 52, 56 60 Vokey 200 SM4
    Odyssey Versa no. 7
  • ncblademanncblademan PGA Apprentice Assistant Pro Members Posts: 332
    Ok Jason, what do you do at the beginning of a round to get yourself ready mentally. I have heard some say that when they shake the hands of there playing partners, inside there heads they are saying " Hi I am kicking your butt today". Just would like to know.
  • KnockdownKnockdown Members Posts: 241 ✭✭
    I noticed you play Fourteen Wedges. Have you tried the new RM-11's? If you have what do you think about them?
    TaylorMade 2016 M1 460 9.5 Matrix Ozik RUL 70X
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 iron Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro White Hybrid 100 TX
    Ping G400 3-Hybrid Graphite Design Tour AD DI Hybrid 105 X
    Ping i 4-PW Nippon Modus 3 125X
    Ping Glide 50SS & 56SS Nippon C10S
    Titleist Vokey Low Bounce K 60 Nippon Modus 3 125 X
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
  • HipCheckHipCheck Toed it a lil, Romes. The Right CoastMarshals Posts: 6,232 mod
    Let's welcome Jason to GolfWRX everybody. We're very lucky to have him here to do some Q&A with us. I'm interested in how much of a gearhead he is. image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> Jason, thanks and welcome to GolfWRX. image/welcomeani.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':welcomeani:' />

• pga43pga43 GolfWRX.com's Tour Photographer Nashville,_ TNMarshals Posts: 9,232 mod
    edited Dec 21, 2011 #15
    [size="3"]1- What new equipment have you been testing lately (Cobra or otherwise)? [/size]

[size="3"]2- Any new shaft testing?[/size]

[size="3"]3 - Launch monitor numbers?[/size]

[size="2"]4 - see the Fourteen wedges in the bag, how have these wedges helped your short game? Did the spin numbers improved?[/size]

[size="2"]Greg[/size]
    GolfWRX.com
    twitter @gdm43pga
  • sedowneysedowney Members Posts: 516
    sedowney wrote:

Awesome! I took my son to the Chattanooga Classic last year (2010) and we followed Jason around all day Saturday, and my son got his autograph after the round. He STILL talks about him and how far he could hit a ball. Thanks for this, very cool. Thank you Mr. Gore for the chat!partytime2.gif

Shane

Thanks for the opportunity GolfWrx and Mr. Gore.as stated above my son and I had a blast following you around at the 2010 Chattanooga Classic, he got your autograph after the round and still talks about you today. I told him about this and he wanted to ask you a question.

He wants to know how you got into golf, or what led you to golf?

Thank you from Jacob

• Eck42Eck42 Members Posts: 344 ✭✭
    Hi Jason

Thank you for doing this! I have a couple easy questions:

What kind of tests do you do when considering a new ball and how long will you test a ball before deciding whether or not to play it?

Also, when trying a new driver are there only certain shafts you will test with the club head? do you decide the shafts or do the Cobra guys?

Thanks again good luck in 2012. Happy Holidays!
    WITB:

Callaway EPIC Flash w/Tensei Blue
    Callaway Rogue 3W w/Accra Fx 2.0
    Callaway Rogue 5W w/Accra Fx 2.0
    TM 2009 Rescues
    Mizuno 900 Hot Metal Irons
    Mizuno S5 SW & LW
    Taylormade Ardmore 3
    Bridgestone TOUR B RXS
    Vessel Stand Bag
  • JasonGore59JasonGore59 Members Posts: 81
    Hello Everybody! How are you today? Let me immediately apologize for my typing skills...

image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
  • Marks23Marks23 Members Posts: 1,249 ✭✭
    How many starts on the regular tour do you think you will make?
    How about a good one right off the bat... Golf Ball decisions. Well... there are many things that I go through trying to figure out a good golf ball for me. First, and most importantly, is how it reacts in the wind. I think that you can always "learn" how to chip and putt with a ball once you get used to it. But, it has to react well under windy conditions. I don't ever want to look up and think, " what the...."

Deciding drivers. Well, when I hit the driver, the launch characteristics have to be right, obviously. The ball has to take off through the "window" I am looking at. PLus, I've always considered myself a pretty good driver of the ball, so, I am VERY picky with how my driver works. But, once I find one.. I'm good. I become very low maintenance!
  • dsparobdsparob fairways and greens pard... Members Posts: 620
    Welcome Jason, great to have you on here. As a touring professional your life is pretty hectic, what do you do in the off season to recharge the batteries, and what do you do to prepare for the upcoming year? Also, I see you have a Fourteen wegde in the bag, plans to move to the Trusty Rusty? or is this one trusty enough for you?

Thanks again!!!
    Taylormade M3 460 9.5*, Aldila Rogue Silver 110 MSI 70x
    Tour Edge Exotics CB2 15* and 18*, Aldila Voodoo SNV8
    Mizuno MP-59 4, Mizuno MP-69 5-PW, DG S300
    Ping Glide 2.0 50SS, DG S400 TI onyx
    Ping Glide 2.0 54WS, DG S400 TI onyx
    Ping Glide 2.0 58ES, DG S400 TI onyx
    Bettinardi Studio Reserve BB1F

http://www.golfwrx.c...arobs-2015-bag/
  • Jasper7Jasper7 Members Posts: 94
    edited Dec 21, 2011 #23
    I would like to know how you parctice too

How do you get new thoughts, moves into your muscle memory, so on the course its just natural?
    Marks23 wrote:

How many starts on the regular tour do you think you will make?

I am hoping to get about 8-12 starts on the regular tour. Depending on how many I can Monday qualify for. I'm going to do all of the west coast, so, hopefully I'll get a few starts in...
  • jpastorjpastor Members Posts: 32 ✭✭
    What do you think is the main difference between a regular minitour player and a Nationwide/PGA Tour Player? Also, do you think it is necessary to have a golf coach/instructor in order to get on Tour?
  • pga43pga43 GolfWRX.com's Tour Photographer Nashville,_ TNMarshals Posts: 9,232 mod
    Where can I get a link to that "cartoon" video of the tour player & his caddy that you showed me at Q School?

Greg
    GolfWRX.com
    twitter @gdm43pga
    dsparob wrote:

Welcome Jason, great to have you on here. As a touring professional your life is pretty hectic, what do you do in the off season to recharge the batteries, and what do you do to prepare for the upcoming year? Also, I see you have a Fourteen wegde in the bag, plans to move to the Trusty Rusty? or is this one trusty enough for you?

Thanks again!!!

No plans for the Trusty Rusty right now... I'm no longer with Cobra/Puma starting 2012. Right now, I'm obviously doing some serious equipment testing. So, not much time off. Plus, I'm still ticked off from q school! image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    pga43 wrote:

Where can I get a link to that "cartoon" video of the tour player & his caddy that you showed me at Q School?

Greg

Someone call security on this guy.... Hi GDM!
  • 7-17-1 Members Posts: 94
    hi jason..thanks for being on.....i followed you after i saw a golf channel playing lesson with carson daly..you guys seemed to get along pretty well....is that laid back attitude just like it is on the golf course with the big boys during tounrey week...or are most guys just stuck on competing....also..i am 7 feet tall and @ 4 hndc...looking to get custom fit for clubs...any ideas...thanks

jim
  • Hambone1Hambone1 Members Posts: 901 ✭✭
    It is truly an honor and privilege to have you here Mr. Gore.

The question I wanted to ask is, what do you feel is necessary for a player of your caliber, to make it to "the next level?" Obviously you are an incredible golfer, and I am really interested to hear from your perspective what you plan to improve on to become even better.
    14 clubs
  • RookieBlue7RookieBlue7 Members Posts: 13,157 ✭✭
    edited Dec 21, 2011 #31
    Jason,

A recent report in Golf Digest had a poll of PGA caddies. One of the interesting questions I noticed in it was in regards to caddies observing competitors on Tour being observed cheating (marking their ball and gaining a few inches here or there, etc). As a competitor on Tour, would you confront the offender or would it be something one would try to not pay attention to? The reason I ask is I've observed others playing in tournaments I've played in doing the same thing, but I never know how to deal with it.

My other question is how does one decide on their caddie and what makes an ideal candidate, in your opinion, for a caddie? That's the other thing I've always wondered about. Do you look for the the motivator, the mechanic, the technician (personality traits, I'd suppose one would say). Not that I'm interested in caddying at all, I just find it fascinating to know what type of thought goes into that process.

Lastly, which course on tour is your favorite? I know which event is my favorite to attend, but it's always cool to hear the guys that play the courses perspective.

And mostly, thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule, especially around this time of year, to respond to some of us mere mortals questions.