Titleist 585H

The new 585•H utility metals blend the best playing characteristics of fairway metals and long irons to provide greater versatility and shot making options from the tee, fairway and rough.

Developed with input from touring professionals, the new 585•H offers fairway metal-type launch with a flatter ball flight for iron-like control.

Optimum performance is achieved by using a contoured sole with a tungsten weight port to push the CG low and deep for higher initial launch with easy-up playability. The straight, non-offset hosel design promotes a neutral ball flight with a lower apex than traditional high loft fairways and other game improvement utilities for greater shot and trajectory control.

The sleek, teardrop shaped clubhead sets up perfectly square for a confidence-inspiring appearance, and a wider, shallow face offers a larger hitting area than an iron. The wider face and deeper CG provide greater forgiveness versus long irons.

Its Tour-preferred flight, versatility and appearance instill the confidence better players rely upon to execute the most demanding long-game shots. Because we believe, as they do, that every club is a scoring club.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried a lot of the hybrids as well. I've always fought the hook with them. This is the first one that didn't go hard left on me when I missed it. Also it goes much straighter than any other hybrid out there. IMHO it is the best looking hybrid as well. I hate any offset on the hybrids. This one looks like you can kill it when you address it.

• 1 month later...

I just got mine over a week ago and I can't believe how awesome this stick is. I can actually control the ball flight with it as well as I can control my short irons(draws, fades). It's stupid easy. Seriously easy to hit. I'm thinking the best thing for my game would to buy another one in 14-15* to replace my 3 wood also. I actually feel stupid for not giving it a chance when it first came out. I very rarely have a bad hit with the 585 while the 503 was soo damn hard to master(and ugly from address). Granted I haven't hit many other OEM hybrids, so I'm sure there are a few other greats out there also, but the zero offset of the 585 is beautiful. I cant say enough about how awesome it is.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

• 3 weeks later...

these are great hybrids, and I've tried a number of good ones. I like the look, the sound, the feel and it's far and away the hybrids I'll keep in my bag for a long time. I've got the 19 and the 24 degree. The 19 has the NV stiff shaft and the 24 has regular flex stock shaft that Titleist puts on it. I prefer that regular flex shaft on the 24 b/c I use it for accuracy and placement rather than gripping and ripping.

• 5 weeks later...

this is the first hybrid that I have hit that actually plays like an iron almost. I usually hook hybrids at worse and draw them at best. This is the first that I can make sing like I want to. I can change the trajectory from high to low and boring, put a fade, or put a draw. This is a long term keeper for me! This is the 17 degree NV stiff flex club and I am putting it a consistent 210 yards.

I've had mine for a few months now. Couldn't be happier. I fight a hook with most clubs and couldn't keep some of the hybrids I've tried (Rescue Mid TP, Halo, Heavenwood) from going miles left! I went with 19deg and DGS300 to plug the gap between 3 wood and 3 iron. The yardage is perfect at 190-200m carry.

It feels just like a forgiving long iron with the DG shaft. It's a great club for par 5's. Can either hit low running advancement shots or throw it up in the air with a fade to carry onto the green. I'm using my 3 wood less and less, this thing is just so easy to hit. In a word... Accurate!

just hit mine today for the first time. all i can say WOW!!!!!!! i have never been able to hit a hybrid for the life of me. but since the wife gave the ok for a whole new bag, i purchased one anyway based on my specs but not demoing it.(very stupid i know) so after hit my new irons for about 1/2 hour, i said what the heck and pulled out the 585. my first swing was off the toe and flew straighter than any hybrid i have ever hit. second shot was dead center and the ball exploded off the face and was long gone into the sunset. it just seemed so easy to hit i couldnt believe it. its like i had to try and miss it just to hit a bad shot!!! this just became my favorite club and recommend giving it a shot!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just dropped a Rifle 6.0 in it and I'm in love to the 10th power. Easy high penetrating flight and goes where I aim! I love it!

Callaway GBB Epic 10.5* - HZRDUS 5.5

Callaway GBB Epic 15* - HZRDUS 6.0

Adams Idea Pro 18* - Proto 80-S
Adams Idea A7 22* - Axivcore 85 S

Nike Pro Combo OS: 5-PW - Rifle 5.5

TaylorMade MG Hi-Toe 52* & 58* Big Foot - HI-REV 2.0
Yes! Callie

Vice Golf Tour

Ooh just what I was thinking...to match my irons..what length did you go on the rifle - any other tips for fitting ?

Ping G425 LST 10.5* Tour 65 S
Ping G425 Max 14.5* Tour 75 S
Ping G425 Hybrids 19*/22* Tour 85 S
Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-PW DG 120 S400
Mizuno T20 Raw 50,54,58 DG 120 S300
Scotty Cameron Phantom x 5 34"

• 2 weeks later...
Ooh just what I was thinking...to match my irons..what length did you go on the rifle - any other tips for fitting ?

I stayed right at 40" which is the standard length for steel.

My 3i is 39".

Callaway GBB Epic 10.5* - HZRDUS 5.5

Callaway GBB Epic 15* - HZRDUS 6.0

Adams Idea Pro 18* - Proto 80-S
Adams Idea A7 22* - Axivcore 85 S

Nike Pro Combo OS: 5-PW - Rifle 5.5

TaylorMade MG Hi-Toe 52* & 58* Big Foot - HI-REV 2.0
Yes! Callie

Vice Golf Tour

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Titlest waited on the true hybrid launch, but came out with the best on the market according to me. It is a wee bit better than the Adams Idea Pro's.

I have the Aldila NV Green Hybrid shafts. These Titleist 535's are so superb to all the hook machines on the market. If you are at least a 15 handicap, I say try this one.

LP

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Golf Pride P Only Blue Star 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got my 24* with the YS-Hybrid and love it. The club feels so solid and being a low ball hitter this shaft provides the little kick that I need. I feel comfortable in that 210 range again. The 585.H is much more precise and "iron-like" than most other hybrids I have played. Don't buy a hybrid without trying this one out.

• 3 weeks later...
Just took this club out for the first time today with the 104g stiff V2. This club is a rocket. It is definitely the easiest club to hit in my bag. Difficult to hook. I was hesitant on getting a hybrid for the longest time, but after hitting this I wish that I had picked one up before.

I was exactly the same. Avoided hybrids forever!!! Until now....

2 Iron out...19 deg. 585H NV stiff......IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it!

Is the 585h a good club for a bad golfer or would another club be a better choice? Ive been seeing used 585h's used for an affordable price and wasnt sure if this would be a good decision.

I noticed some reviews stated the 585h is for good golfers... any help would be appreciated

I've got a 4 handicap right now and i like it. I don't really know what you consider to be a bad golfer though?

Is the 585h a good club for a bad golfer or would another club be a better choice? Ive been seeing used 585h's used for an affordable price and wasnt sure if this would be a good decision.

I noticed some reviews stated the 585h is for good golfers... any help would be appreciated

You can find more forgiving hybrids - like the Callaway X Hybrid, but really I don't find the 585H much less forgiving than my Cally X hybrid. Both are great hybrids, that sets up square.

It's funny how the golf debate about forgiveness sometimes go into too much detail about the forgiveness of a club. 30 years ago the average driver head was 180cc and in persimmon. 20 years ago it was in metal and maybe 220cc. Now we have titanium 460 cc drivers that are very forgiving, but still there's a lot of debate about how much more forgiving a certain driver is. I've played with R7 Tp's 425 425cc, Cally FT-5 460cc and more - and I really find them all pretty forgiving. The difference may be there, but it's not a big difference.

honestly i don't think this club is for a beginner or novice player... the square face with ZERO offset is not going to be friendly to someone who slices this ball... this club is meant to take the left side out of play IMO...

i have a hell of a time hitting this club cleanly... on the range i get a nice high draw, but on the course it's right city all day long... normally just a huge push...

i'm not going to give up on it, and maybe it's the V2 that i don't like about it... i;d really like to try one of these out with a VS Proto...

I actually have to agree with dieselmp32...this is the one club in my bag that i spray to the right fairly consistantly...this is my first hybrid (got it months ago) and am not sure if its going to stay in the bag. I might have to go back to a 5 wood...i always hit those pretty well. Very strange to me that I, being a low handicap, have trouble hitting a hybrid consistantly when most people consider hybrids the easiest clubs to hit. Maybe they're not for me...or maybe its just this one. I think id hit a blade 2 iron straighter most of the time. Obviously there are days when i'm striping this thing...but thats when i have really good control of my swing and i usually try to hit a pretty big draw and it ends up only slightly drawing which is perfect. Those days are good, but when i start pushing this club out of nowhere and my other clubs or pretty spot on, i get frustrated. Ho hum, just wanted to vent

• 3 weeks later...

I recently purchased the 17* model with the NV-85S and absolutely love it. Like many, I have had problems hooking the ball with nearly every single hybrid I have tried to date. This is not the case with the 585. I not only love the simple look of the club, but the weighting and feel are awesome too.

The distance produced by this club is awesome as well. I was able to put it out there anywhere from 240 to 270 without having to go after the ball at all.

I'm probably going to get rid of my 3 wood and stick with this.

I highly recommend this club.