College Recruiting

Your Best Story
Hey GLFRX,

I just curious about how you guys choose your school you currently play at and what methods the coach sold you to come play for his team? I currently play Division one and i had some pretty funny experiences prior to choosing my school. I just think its a great topic and i know everyone that plays college golf always trys to help a coach recruit new guys.

Thanks

Comments

• emcemc Jr. Boomers Posts: 987
    What kind of score are you shooting to be D1? Just trying to find out what I need to achieve
  • GriffGolfGriffGolf Members Posts: 92
    Par in high school or better... And have experience winning in the state and regional level. Shoot good scores under bad conditions and be as fresh in the spring tournys just as much as the fall tournys if you play up north. The more wins you have under you belt are better sometimes than finishing 20th in an AJGA event
  • AscanAscan Members Posts: 465 ✭✭✭✭
    GriffGolf wrote on Nov 9 2006, 12:34 PM:

Hey GLFRX,

I just curious about how you guys choose your school you currently play at and what methods the coach sold you to come play for his team? I currently play Division one and i had some pretty funny experiences prior to choosing my school. I just think its a great topic and i know everyone that plays college golf always trys to help a coach recruit new guys.

Thanks

if you have funny experiences, why don't you start us off?
    WITB:
    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5*
    3 Wood: Titleist 915f 15*
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2 19*
    Irons: Mizuno Mp-32
    Wedges: Vokey sm6 52, 56, 60
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport with 3x Black Finish

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file