Boomerang Putting Aide

Comments

• fjkfjk Putt Putt Members Posts: 1,030 ✭✭
    why does it look like it doesn't include any mat? Looks like its 40 bucks just for the boomerang, another 20-40 for a mat.
  • bortassbortass Members Posts: 1,271
    Stupid question, does the style of putting stroke, STSB (Pelz) vs Screendoor (Utley) matter with this aid?

I ask because I saw a user comment on the vendors site that makes it sound like this aid may not work well with Utley's putting method. I may be interpreting it wrong but have no idea.
  • Putting GuruPutting Guru Members Posts: 90
    Greetings one and all,

To answer your question, the Boomerang works with whatever stroke you care to put on the ball. If you use an arcing stroke it generates more tops spin and drives the ball at the hole and if you use SBST it's like putting with a slice which gives you a bit more control - try it for yourself.

That's the beauty of the Boomerang - you can try whatever hair-brained ideas come into your head and if you find standing on one leg more effective than anything else - go for it! You'll notice Brian arcs his stroke and he's the record holder so who am I to argue...

Try playing your mates on the Boom for some cash and see which stroke holds up best under some real pressure (videos to youtube please but try to keep the swearing to a minimum image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':man_in_love:' />)

Emjoy your putting!

Cheers

Alex image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

PS Sorry, the BoomGolf.com site was down for a few days but it's back up now.
  • matthewbmatthewb Members Posts: 1,626 ✭✭
    Alex,

Might you comment as to the situation with boomeranggolf.com providing the old package?

I ordered from there as boomgolf.com was down.
    Well I may have to pull the trigger on this since I could use some help with my putting.
    Hi Matthew,

BoomerangGolf.com bought all our old Tour Packs and have since sold them on to Garage Sale Golf.com.

A lot of you guys have the old Tour Model (it's the one reviewed and pictured above) and know how good it is. And for the money they're asking I don't know how they have any left. We used to sell that same package for $50 + shipping! We did member's specials at $40 which is about a buck or two more than they're asking.

The only negative with the Tour Pack was the folded Carnoustie mat but there are ways and means to get the creases out - just read our FAQ page for the best ones. However for $30 you're getting something that's thoroughly addictive, provides tip top feedback, is built like a brick xxxxhouse and will last you decades - providing you don't stand on it.

Enjoy your putting and keep on Booming!

Cheers

Alex image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':good:' />
  • Golf472Golf472 Members Posts: 441
    Since its almost time for indoor putting I just placed my order. Early holiday gift to myself.
    TM R11s
    TM Tour Preferred CB/MC
    TM Spider Blade
    What kind of surface(s) can this be used on? My basement floor is tiled, 12 inch tiles, and I was wondering if the boomerang would work ok on this surface. My understanding is the mat is fairly thin, so i don't know if the grout lines/tile edges will pose a possible problem.
  • xan_userxan_user Members Posts: 875
    bortass wrote on Sep 11 2008, 04:23 AM:
    What kind of surface(s) can this be used on? My basement floor is tiled, 12 inch tiles, and I was wondering if the boomerang would work ok on this surface. My understanding is the mat is fairly thin, so i don't know if the grout lines/tile edges will pose a possible problem.

works Ok on my 12" tile.
    "Please accept my resignation.
    I don’t care to belong to any club that
    will have me as a member".
    xan_user wrote on Sep 11 2008, 10:25 AM:
    bortass wrote on Sep 11 2008, 04:23 AM:

works Ok on my 12" tile.

Excellent. I will have to get myself one.
  • drpinodrpino NYMarshals Posts: 8,970 mod
    i don't even use the mat with mine. i just set up the ramp in my TV room that has carpet rolling around a 15. works great.
    It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

WITB: constant rotation
    Putting Guru wrote on Sep 9 2008, 07:50 PM:
    Greetings one and all,

To answer your question, the Boomerang works with whatever stroke you care to put on the ball. If you use an arcing stroke it generates more tops spin and drives the ball at the hole and if you use SBST it's like putting with a slice which gives you a bit more control - try it for yourself.

That's the beauty of the Boomerang - you can try whatever hair-brained ideas come into your head and if you find standing on one leg more effective than anything else - go for it! You'll notice Brian arcs his stroke and he's the record holder so who am I to argue...

Try playing your mates on the Boom for some cash and see which stroke holds up best under some real pressure (videos to youtube please but try to keep the swearing to a minimum image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':good:' /> )

Emjoy your putting!

Cheers

Alex image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':hi:' />

PS Sorry, the BoomGolf.com site was down for a few days but it's back up now.

Looks like your site is down again....
    Hi Bortass,

The new mat is a lot thicker than the old mat. It's been designed to take out some surface imperfections like tiles.

Cheers

Alex image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':good:' />
    matthewb wrote on Sep 9 2008, 11:33 AM:
    Could be. But the "2008 version" on boomgolf.com includes the 12 foot mat.

One can always do 8 feet or less with a 12 foot mat! But not more than 8 with the 8 foot mat.

fjk wrote on Sep 9 2008, 12:46 PM:
    why does it look like it doesn't include any mat? Looks like its 40 bucks just for the boomerang, another 20-40 for a mat.

Does it come with a mat or not? The website lists things as mentioned in FJKs post. Just trying to figure out what I should be ordering.
  • jskd82jskd82 Members Posts: 244
    bortass wrote on Sep 19 2008, 01:49 AM:

One can always do 8 feet or less with a 12 foot mat! But not more than 8 with the 8 foot mat.

Does it come with a mat or not? The website lists things as mentioned in FJKs post. Just trying to figure out what I should be ordering.

No the one from boomgolf.com (pro model) does not come with the mat you have to order that seperate. I just ordered mine and it cost me $107 and change for the boomerang and the mat:(
  • xan_userxan_user Members Posts: 875
    edited Sep 20, 2008 #47
    jskd82 wrote on Sep 20 2008, 01:52 AM:

No the one from boomgolf.com (pro model) does not come with the mat you have to order that seperate. I just ordered mine and it cost me $107 and change for the boomerang and the mat:(

Got mine on fleabay for $35 with shorter mat.
    "Please accept my resignation.
    I don’t care to belong to any club that
    will have me as a member".
  • jskd82jskd82 Members Posts: 244
    xan_user wrote on Sep 20 2008, 05:20 AM:
    jskd82 wrote on Sep 20 2008, 01:52 AM:

Got mine on fleabay for $35 with shorter mat.

That is the older version with the crappy mat, That is the tour model you can also get it from boomeranggolf.com for $40 shipped. The pro you can get from boomgolf.com but does not come with the mat:(
  • buttuhbuttuh Members Posts: 1,334 ✭✭
    The older version is on clearance at Roger Dunn golf for $5. I picked one up today.
  • maggotmaggot Members Posts: 576
    Just ordered mine today. Looking forward to getting it. Should be quick as he only lives 60mi from me.
  • ZlimZlim Go Buffs! Members Posts: 996
    Why does the tour one look better than the pro version?
  • bvmagicbvmagic Members Posts: 1,034 ✭✭
    The tour model does look better with the pool table felt and is made with thicker plastic. It's also more forgiving and easier to get in and outs. Only problem is that over time the felt wears down and you can see the felt change colors where the balls hit the most.

Pro model has a harder material and also uses a cup with a harder plastic. Its much harder to get an in and out with the newer model.
  • rms25thtarms25thta rms25thta Members Posts: 126
    So who is putting up the $1000 to beat the 15 in a row?? What is the criteria for the video?? I will have to order one and take the challenge. Just want to be clear on the rules of the challenge. Reply back.
  • bvmagicbvmagic Members Posts: 1,034 ✭✭
    The guidelines for the video should be on the website. You can also email Alex for any questions on the video, he will send you the $1000 if you beat the record.
    I'm working up on the Pro that I borrowed (I just bought the tour since it was cheap at the time) but I have 3 in a row haha I got a ways to go. but for the guidelines, it needs to be on level/stage 4 and you need to putt from 6 feet away from the lip of the ramp not the cup itself. correct me if i'm wrong
  • HondabuffHondabuff Members Posts: 1,482 ✭✭
    Just purchased the Tour model from boomeranggolf.com and have not heard anything from them yet. It has been a couple of days now. Are they still in business or did I just send $48 to a closed account. Kinda worried now..
    Titleist TS2 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 125msi 60 TX
    Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
    Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
    Titleist 716 AP2 Project X 6.0
    Titleist Vokey SM4 50/54/58 Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Futura 6M
    Titleist Staff Stand Bag
    Titleist AVX
    Bushnell Tour Z6
  • steverumsteverum Members Posts: 454
    I wasnt impressed with this training aid

I thought it was a waste of time

I would much rather use a putting arc or something like that
  • Golf472Golf472 Members Posts: 441
    I use mine everyday. It is a great tool for indoor practice.
    TM R11s
    TM Tour Preferred CB/MC
    TM Spider Blade
  • maggotmaggot Members Posts: 576
    Hondabuff wrote on Mar 2 2009, 10:31 AM:
    Just purchased the Tour model from boomeranggolf.com and have not heard anything from them yet. It has been a couple of days now. Are they still in business or did I just send $48 to a closed account. Kinda worried now..

Yep, still in business, prob just cause it's the weekend. He only lives 60mi from me.
    if anyone was wanting to buy the tour model I have one up for sale and its brand new in wrap, I just have an extra one and wouldn't mind using that money towards a gps
  • HondabuffHondabuff Members Posts: 1,482 ✭✭
    Got mine today.. wow is this thing hard...
    Titleist TS2 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 125msi 60 TX
    Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
    Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
    Titleist 716 AP2 Project X 6.0
    Titleist Vokey SM4 50/54/58 Project X 6.0
    Scotty Cameron Futura 6M
    Titleist Staff Stand Bag
    Titleist AVX
    Bushnell Tour Z6