IOMIC Grips report- Video and Pics!!!

HipCheckHipCheck Toed it a lil, Romes.The Right CoastMarshals Posts: 6,289 mod
edited Jan 28, 2012 in 2012 PGA Merchandise Show #1
2012 PGA Merchandise Show
James Shih gave us the scoop on IOMIC Grips

These grips are manufactured in Japan with a combination of five elastomers with excellent resistance to the elements and available in a wide variety of color, sizes and weights. Add a little color to your golf game. $199 (set of 13)

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sgi9NbTTxjc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sgi9NbTTxjc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pert1862Pert1862 JerseyMembers Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Best grips in the biz, hands down!
    Titleist 910D2 12* - Fuji Pro 70
    Adams Speedline 5
    G10 21*
    G10 28*
    Ping G, 7 - U
    Ping Gorge 56*
    Scotty Select Newport Notchback
    Srixon Q-Star / Z-Star
  • mickwmickw Members Posts: 529 ✭✭
    Get that microphone up....up....up!!!!! laugh.gif
  • hibcamhibcam HibCam ClubWRX Posts: 587 ClubWRX
    Best grips for when you don't wear a glove. I go through too many sets of irons and I have to put Iomics on each one!
  • Zach HeusserZach Heusser Marshals Posts: 5,180 mod
    edited Jan 29, 2012 #5
    I thought these looked cool, and felt great! I am going to have to buy a set of these.
    Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur University <br /><br />My WITB<br /><br /><br /><br />http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/<br />@Zheusser on twitter
  • Kman1395Kman1395 Members Posts: 15
    i have them on everything from putter to driver great grips but i feel they wear quickly and i have to put new grips on irons and woods every season to keep the feel
  • FATC1TYFATC1TY Getting it up, and down! Members Posts: 5,139
    I've tried to like them, aside from the putter, the rest of them aren't worth HALF the price they cost.
  • MizgoodieMizgoodie golf happy! golf good! Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    quick question? did they drop the diarrow? i know i went though two sets of them splitting down the sides? but other than that i have like every iomic grip i have tried
    Mizgoodie wrote:

quick question? did they drop the diarrow? i know i went though two sets of them splitting down the sides? but other than that i have like every iomic grip i have tried

If they didn't, they wasted a chance to. Worst grip, ever. The Diarrow is the reason I decided to say, I'll pass. I cut a set off my irons and replaced them after a few weeks, with lamkin blems that were pennies.
  • pitbull808pitbull808 Putter Hoarder Marshals Posts: 9,368 mod
    edited Feb 1, 2012 #10
    Other then the putter grip...I can't believe any of their grips last 2-3 times any other grip on the market. Either you've got the most feathery touch in golf or you're not golfing. Great looks but no where near worth the price for their usefulness....and I get them at cost. image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
  • 7humbs7humbs Members Posts: 204
    FATC1TY wrote:

I've tried to like them, aside from the putter, the rest of them aren't worth HALF the price they cost.

I agree. I have them on my irons and woods and they're definitely not worth half of what they cost. I'll never buy them again - unless the price drops to around the Golf Pride level.
  • PreppySlapCutPreppySlapCut This is just babytown frolics... Members Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see a 2-piece long putter grip.
    Ping G410+ 9* w/ Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 (X)
    Ping G 14.5* & 19.5* w/ Tour 80 (X)
    Ping G30 22* w/ Accra Kuchar Proto 85 (X)
    Ping i210 5-PW w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Ping Glide 2.0 50*, 55*, 60* w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Scotty Cameron Toolbox
  • demo190demo190 Members Posts: 235
    Putter grips are great but the others wear way to fast.
  • Golfnole3Golfnole3 These pretzels are making me thirsty Jr. Boomers Posts: 444
    I like them a lot, and have considered getting a set. No way I would pay 199$ for a set of 13 though... I got the Golf Pride New Decade Multi-compound on my lob wedge through 3 wood and that only costed 150$...
  • wendlan9wendlan9 Members Posts: 164
    Only grip worth mentioning is their putter grips. Otherwise they aren't worth it.
  • mintonmamintonma Lefty Boomers Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    wendlan9 wrote:

Only grip worth mentioning is their putter grips. Otherwise they aren't worth it.

I especially like the IOmic Absolute Midsize putter grip, it's the perfect combination of feel/texture.
  • FornestoFornesto Unregistered Posts: 1,091
    edited Jan 30, 2012 #17
    +1 putter grip. my favorite putter grip of all time. so soft and always has a "chalky" feel to it even if its wet.

-1 everything else especially the "sticky" wich isn't sticky at all. way overpriced and wear out quick. love the color combos.
  • SundayBagSundayBag Members Posts: 206
    with the new craze of long putters, they should totally come out with a broomstick grip. I love the feel of these and want to have that on all my putters. I hate winn grips :P
  • shankzshankz Members Posts: 288
    All about feel and preference but not for me. Price is high and attracts dirt easily as well. Golf Pride and Lampkin for me. Anyone interested should try it on a putter or wedge before replacing your whole set.

• fjkfjk Putt Putt Members Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 on the absolute. the regular midsize grip is too thick, but the absolute sits between the std and mid. It also doesnt have the sharp corners of the std, and has a nice texture.
  • pr1mo990pr1mo990 Let's Go PENS Members Posts: 1,091 ✭✭
    I've been wanting to try the Stickies out in the midsize but could never find them, they always had weird/in between sizes. The video said they finally have a midsize Sticky out and that it's available now but I went on their website and they only showed the 2.3 (regular) and Jumbo, which have been out for awhile. Where's the midsize?
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist 917D2 10.5˚ - GD Tour AD TP-6
    Titleist 915F 15˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70
    Titleist 915F 18˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70
    Titleist 816H1 21˚ - GD Tour AD HY 85
    Nike VRS Forged 5-PW - Project X PXi
    Vokey SM6 Raw 50F, 55S, 60V
    Scotty Cameron 009 SSS[/font]
  • joesgonegolfingjoesgonegolfing Older But Better Rockville, MDClubWRX Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'd like to see a 2-piece long putter grip.

YES please I need a two-piece putter grip from them. I did make one last year as the cap color can be sawed off very smoothly on the original X grip. But I would like them to make one.

Joe
    Driver: Ping 9 G410 Plus EvenFlow Black 6.0 75g 
    Wood: Ping 14.5 G410 EvenFlow Black 6.0 85g 
    Hybrid: Ping G410 19 and 22 EvenFlow Black 6.0 95g 
    Irons: Ping i210 4-PW DGS105
    Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 54/SS 60/TS DGS105
    Putter:  ZB Vault 2.0 Stealth (Shaft and Head, Ping 58 Grip)
    Bag: 2019 Ping Hoofer
  • EvolvedEvolved Members Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of you complaining about the price, you can buy them from legit ebay sellers for a lot less that what Iomic charges.
    Evolved wrote:

For those of you complaining about the price, you can buy them from legit ebay sellers for a lot less that what Iomic charges.

I usually got mine from eBay, or regripit.

Even at the lower price, it's still more or closer to the GP prices, and even at that, they really aren't any better. Wear like crazy, and are odd sizes, and if you build up your grips, they really don't feel good at all.
  • joesgonegolfingjoesgonegolfing Older But Better Rockville, MDClubWRX Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I love mine and got 2 seasons out of them. If I had not switched irons I'd still have them. I use the original X Grip and they can be had for less than 10.00 shipped if you look around.

I love them in the summer and wet weather, they don't eat golf gloves and make practice sessions easier on my hands.

Joe
    Driver: Ping 9 G410 Plus EvenFlow Black 6.0 75g 
    Wood: Ping 14.5 G410 EvenFlow Black 6.0 85g 
    Hybrid: Ping G410 19 and 22 EvenFlow Black 6.0 95g 
    Irons: Ping i210 4-PW DGS105
    Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 54/SS 60/TS DGS105
    Putter:  ZB Vault 2.0 Stealth (Shaft and Head, Ping 58 Grip)
    Bag: 2019 Ping Hoofer
  • sleepersleeper Members Posts: 14
    Love the Stickies. The 2.3 with one wrap of tape feels exactly the same diameter as a GP tour velvet. I've gone two seasons of 70+ rounds on the set I'm playing now, and I'd estimate I'll get at least another half season out of every grip, except the one on my driver (it's due).

Next set will be white because I've never seen another grip clean up so easily.
  • Scott@84[email protected] Members Posts: 1,705
    Maybe I missed it but I didn't see any new color combinations, kind of disappointing.

I've had no issues at all with wear, I've had one on my driver shaft for two years and it still looks great. My wedges which get the most use by far still look great as well even after a full season and half of play and heavy practice. My only complaint is that a few of them seem to have twisted a little bit.
    Rogue SZ
    Rogue SZ 15*
    Rogue 19*
    Rogue Pro Black 4-PW
    Waiting on wedges.

WITB Link
  • jmaljmal Members Posts: 4
    what i like about them, besides the cool colors, is they make the 1.8, which is an undersized grip. for us women who play with mens clubs, we dont have much choice in undersized grips. i just put the iomics on, so i will see how they wear. i will say that they do attract dirt, and have to be cleaned on a regular basis, or they look terrible.
  • bigthanksbigthanks Members Posts: 4
    Indiana August weather is usually 90 squared...90 degrees, 90% humidity. My Iomic putter grip actually feels cool to the touch...have no idea why. Love the feel, touch, whatever. Wouldn't change my club grips from GP New Decade, and wouldnt put anything on the Cameron except Iomic.
  • tonylynamtonylynam Members Posts: 99
    wendlan9 wrote:

Totally agree. $199 for 13 grips, that is more than a tour level wedge with shaft upgrade. Putter grips are pretty good though.
  • allegrolinkallegrolink Members Posts: 285 ✭✭
    Sticky 2.3 are best I've ever held. Worth it IMO.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file