what to do in the off-season

conorgolf22conorgolf22 Members Posts: 588 ✭✭✭✭✭
after coming off of a rough season which do you think is best? take most of the winter off to relax and pick the clubs up when the weather breaks or play and practice as much as the weather allows?
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driver: Callaway Rogue 13.5* Aldila Rogue Elite Blue[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Fairway: Ping G400 17* Aldila 2KXV Orange[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21* Aldila Tour Green[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Driving Iron: PXG 0311X 4 iron Steelfiber i95[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Irons: Mizuno 919 Forged 5-PW Steelfiber i95[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Wedges: Vokey SM6 52* New Level M-Type 58* and 62*[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Putter: Scotty Cameron X7M[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ball: Titleist ProV1X[/font]

Comments

• Eec55Eec55 Members Posts: 553
    I WORK OUT...WATCH GOLF....AND IF IT GETS ABOVE 45 DEGREES I WILL STILL HIT EM!!
    Taylor Made M4 Matrix Ozik shaft
    Ping I20 5-pw
    Ping Eye 2+ BECU 3,4 iron
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54,60
    Taylor Made Spider Tour Red putter
    Callaway X Hot 3 wood
  • simon54simon54 Members Posts: 147
    conorgolf22 wrote on Nov 20 2006, 08:09 PM:

after coming off of a rough season which do you think is best? take most of the winter off to relax and pick the clubs up when the weather breaks or play and practice as much as the weather allows?

I would workout out during the winter to get stronger and flexible. To start off I would take a month off and try to get away from the game for a bit, so when the month is over you are ready and pumped to get back at it again. Then I would begin to hit balls again. This prevents burnout. Just my opinion.

Simon
  • JKBJKB Scratch Golfer Jr. Boomers Posts: 931
    A Few things I do in the off season

1.Work out

2. Work with Simulators and Indoor Facilities

3. See coach once in a while just for things to work on and talk about

4. Relax

5. Physiotherapy

6. Read about things I could improve on

7. Watch Golf

8. Work on My Shots and Controlling them
  • emcemc Jr. Boomers Posts: 987
    I'm going down to the range at least once a week to keep in the swing of things. Over the winter it's just important to keep the swing going and not lose everything
  • greenmachine0227greenmachine0227 Members Posts: 303
    emc wrote on Nov 21 2006, 01:24 PM:

I'm going down to the range at least once a week to keep in the swing of things. Over the winter it's just important to keep the swing going and not lose everything

I would agree. I think it's very important to keep some sort of feeling of a swing going through the winter, even if you don't necessarily hit the ball well. Once it begins to snow, I'll see my coach maybe once every two weeks just to work indoors hitting 5 irons into a net. I'm also lucky enough to have a covered driving range close to my house that knows me and lets me hit the dead balls they are going to get rid of out into the snow during the winter. You'd be amazed how nice it is to be able to hit those half wedge shots when there's a foot and a half of snow on the ground.
  • ChiefChief Members Posts: 164
    Our season doesn't end until Jan or Feb. I work in the golf shop and we have a net and putting green so I always hit balls. Christmas is busy but after that it slows way down until March.
  • cokeefe1523cokeefe1523 2009 Jr. Boomers Posts: 158
    I would say working out. The big thing here if you want to lose weight, get stronger, and more flexible is that your focus should be 25% workout and 75% diet. I am by no means a health nut but I used to work out until I was blue in the face and it got me absolutely no where. You need to balance what you eat with what you burn off if you want results.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file