Thanksgiving Giveaway! Free Bridgestone Hybrid!

tpariff

JUNIORS ONLY!!!!!!
Hey Junior Wrx'ers:

I've been blessed with a beautiful family including my wife and daughter, many great friends, my faith, a successful career, and many other things that I can't even begin to list. So now it's time to give back a little something to the Golfwrx community.

I'm conducting a FREE GIVEAWAY of a very good condition Bridgestone J33 hybrid in 18* loft with an Aldila NV 85 X flex shaft. I will pay for shipping anywhere in the CONUS. My apologies to those outside the CONUS, but I want to keep this as simple as possible.

Pics of the club can be found in this BST:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=53975

There aren't really any rules to this giveaway, but there are a couple of guidelines:

1. Post your age and the things for which you are thankful.

2. Post the community service activities in which you participate.

I'm going to let this run until midnight EST Thursday, November 23. I understand many people might be out of town, but I can't let it run too long and take up too much bandwidth.

I can't wait to send this club to someone who will use it.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

Kevin

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello my name is chris and I'm 17. I am thankful for my entire family. My mother is so great, she is always there to talk to and always cooks for me plus shes so nice. My dad is awesome, we play golf every weekend sometimes 2-3 times. He always funds my golf purcahases and has been there all the time, he got me hooked onto golf a fun 7 years ago. My brother is a good guy but hes moved out(hes 21) and has a wife and a kid. I am most thankful for my nephew named Josh. Hes the coolest little kid in the world and his eyes light up everytime he comes over and we always have a blast. I am thankful that my parents send me to a nice school as I have learned so many things. I participate in doing market day services for my old grade school parish. Basically I help fill orders and help carry boxes to peoples cars. Its nice to go back to my old school and see some of my old teachers since they go to the market days.

I wish everyone a happy thanksgiving and hope everyone has a great holiday season.

Thanks alot for the oppurtunity!

I'm Vince and I'm 17. I'm very thankful for my amazing family who have always been there for me. I'm thankful for my unselfish parents and all the hard work they put out to send me to a good school; they always put my needs and the needs of my siblings above their own. I am thankful that my parents bring me to church every weekend in order to show me that theres much more to life than just being successful. This weekly ritual has also given me a safety net of faith to fall back on when times are hard, and given me morals that I do not want to lose sight of in the future. My friends from school are something I am thankful for every day I see them. The bunch of kids I hang out with has kept me from losing sight of my academics, while still having fun and making my high school years so far the best of my life. I'm thankful for my job at the local golf course, which has lessened the burden on my parents financially since I get to play without charge. I'm thankful for my awesome co-workers and my boss, who always make getting up for work on the weekends actually something to look forward to. I'm thankful for golf as a whole; all the sights and sounds, the feeling of hitting the perfect iron shot or making the big putt. Since I'm the only golfer in my family, and I golf on a daily basis, I explain that my addiction to golf is one of the healthiest addictions a person could have. Filling my free time with golf has kept me away from certains elements like drugs that I don't want to experiment with in my youth, something I am very thankful for. I'm thankful for a site like GolfWRX which has given me the opportunity to share my passion for golf, and given me a small role to fill as a junior moderator which I have fun doing. Most of all, one of the greatest thing I am thankful comes from a saying I've heard so many times from my family and extended family: "Be thankful for every morning you wake up, because somebody somewhere else didn't."

Community Service

I've been in the Boy Scouts since first grade, and just this past weekend I finished my Eagle Scout service project, which means that within the next few months I will recieve the rank of Eagle; Scoutings highest honor. Our school, Chrisitan Brothers Academy, was founded by LaSallian Brothers in the mid 19th century. On of the activities I'm involved in is called LaSallian Youth. Every Thursday we go to Our Lady of Hope nursing home down the street from our school, where we sit and talk with the residents of the nursing home. I especially love talking with the World War II veterans; they have the greatest stories and are surprisingly some of the funniest people I've ever met. I'm also a eucharistic minister at my school and church.

Thanks for this opportunity to share,

Vince

EDIT: Forgot to post my community service, sorry.

I'm Sean and I'm 14.....I am very thankful for my family....they are always great to me....whether it be bringing me places...or paying for tournament entry fees....but they are just always there for me.

As for the community service.....I am currently working on a recycling project for my high school that a group of students is involved in.....we are placing containers in various locations around the town and collecting used soda cans.....we then are taking them to the redemption center and over the course of the year will be donating all of the money to the school.

Thanks for this great gesture.

Sean

I am thankful for my life. I have had a family that has stayed together. My sister, 17, is going to college and I will be here until I go to college. I am currently 13 years of age. I have been gifted with no health or mental problems, which I thank the Lord for every night. We live in a very rural area, 2 miles away from our nearest neighbor. We get to play golf around three times a week. The golf course we play is 30 minutes away. My father quit the game 20 years ago, but brought it back up to help me in my quest for success. My father has taught me everything about the game. I have had two lessons from a local proffesional; other than that all of my swing mechanics and knowledge of the rules came from my father. I am still learning everyday with his assistance. I have only been playing for one and a half years. We moved to this rural area from Jacksonville Fl. to be with my grandparents as they aged. I have gone to local elementary schools to help little kids understand reading, which is one of the most important things in life. I have gone to kindergarten classes to supervise and help teachers with their paper work. I also helped the FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America) with a fund-raiser. I worked last summer at a local blueberry field with a close friend, who is a little younger than me. I also helped this boy learn to play golf. I continuously teach him the rules and etiquette.

I became addicted to golf the first time I picked up a golf club. I loved baseball, but I did not fit in with the other kids and rode the bench, not to mention I was not the best, but I was O.K. Golf is something that lets me get away from normal life, although academics come before golf. I am a straight A student and also enjoy surfing. When I am practicing or playing, I go into my own world and am enthralled with how you can always get better. There is no limit to success. Golf also keeps me out of and gangs or bad groups that I could be sucked into. I stay on the good side of most people and rarely get into trouble. When I do, I learn from my mistakes. I have a group of kids that I hang out with that have the same moral standpoint as me and we all get along.

I have been blessed with a great family, a great mind, and overall a great life.

I would love to win the Hybrid for Thanksgiving but not to say that I wish to receive the gift at somebody else's loss, as eloquently expressed in Mark Twain's War Prayer.

Thank you for this great opportunity and letting anybody participate.

Tobster

Hello my name is Nick and i am 16 years of age, And i'm thankfull for almost everything!.. First i'd like to start by thanking my friends and family for sticking threw with me threw tough times i had over the summer, I'd like to thank my family for always being there for me encouraging me to life life to the fullest and being happy every second of it, As a christain i work in the church helping out as much as i can in any category and i thank the lord everyday for giving me my heath and keeping me safe each and everyday with blessing my family me and my friends, I'd also like to thank my family for keeping up with my love for golf and to encourage me to keep pushing on with your dreams in becoming the best golfer that i could possibly be,

I Thank the lord for giving me a trouble free life to not have any worrys and to become a better and more intelligent person by learning each and everyday, Im currently in the mix of helping a couple of young young golfers learn golf a little better, every couple of weeks i take my little cousins to the driving range and show them how to swing the golf club and the rules of golf and mainly just try to have fun i try and help the community as much as i could and i'm also trying to get into work i'm currently trying to get a job helping my uncle sell cars and im trying to help the neighbors with anything i could possibly do, I'm currently looking into saving up and getting a snow plow for my truck and getting a couple of friends to work plowing driveways and streets and sidewalks for the community and i'm also helping out with picking up fall leafs for the neighbors, And helping fix computers at my friends work so i'm pretty busy for a 16 year old lol, But i also would like to thank the lord for the gift of golf that i love each and everyday, I try and play golf as much as i possibly could i save up each week to play golf at a local public course and i get a small foursum and play mainly for fun as of now and eventually i'd love to join a golf league once i get a little bit better, But I'd like to thank "tpariff" For giving the most generious offer of offering hes hybrid i thank you tpariff.

I'd like to wish you all a happy thanksgiving in advance in case i don't see you ;)

-Nick

Do poor grad students count? ;)

Not unless you're a wiz kid who made it through undergrad at age 15. But seriously, I know where you're coming from as I attended grad school and took out loans to do it. It's worth the "broke times" to see how much that grad degree helps with your career. I wish I could let you in on this one, but I can't. Good Luck!

That might be an idea for a Christmas giveaway...."poor college students giveaway".....I like that idea!

Hi, I'm Andrew and I'm 17 years old. I live in Canada, ( don't worry, I have a CON US shipping address) so it's not actually Thanksgiving over here, but I still have a lot to be thankful for.

I give thanks to God that he graciously gives me everything I need in life. For my family and friends, school and job. I give thanks for everything that has happened in my life, good and bad, and everything that will happen in the future. I give thanks for the success of my own small local clubmaking business and all the great people I've met through it. I'm thankful for the person who got me started in golf, whom I refer to as the Golf Santa. I am thankful for the opportunity I had to live in Scotland for a year ( no, I didn't get to play the Old Course, but I got to visit it.) and all the amazing expereinces I had over there. And of course, I give thanks for the game of golf. From the first time an old burly Scotsman picked up an oddly shaped stick and slung it at a round piece of petrified animal droppings, to Mike Wier's Masters win, I am thankful for every moment of it. I am also thankful for all the equipment manufacturers and the people who work in the industry to bring us so many interesting new clubs to talk about and salivate over. And las but certainly not least, I'm thankful for Golfwrx for giving me a way to communicate with fellow golf nuts around the world. I am the only golfer in my family and so sites like Golfwrx are just a complete blessing to me.

I've done quite a lot of community service in the last few years. My Dad is a Lutheran Pastor and was involved in the starting of a Lutheran school so I helped out a lot with that. I also do a lot of clubmaking and regripping fo people when they need it done. I also tech people the basics of golf and the basics of clubmaking so they can enjoy my life's passion as well.

Thanks for this opportunity to share some info, and happy thanksgiving ( American that is) and I know it's a little premature, but Merry Christmas! ;)

Hi, my name is Rich, I am 15 years and I would like to thank you and Jcigars for this great gift.

I am thankful for my family, they don't golf but they help me as much as they can with rides to the course and help with funding my game as much as they can. I am also thankful for my ability to play golf, I am teaching my brother(11) sister(8) and my neighbors daughter(9) to play golf. I know there are many people who lost their ability to play golf from injuries and what not.

also I like talking to veterns of war about their tour of duty and how it was in combat. I am thankful for every morning I wake up and every time I go to the course

Community Service

I helped a junior golf league by teaching kids to golf, it was hard but I loved seeing the face on the kids.

Thank you

Rich

Hi im kyle im 15 and i have a lot of things to be thankfull of. first just life in general. i take nothing for granit and i enjoy every day. second being healthy. finially the most important thing i have to be thankful for is my family. they have done everything for me by just taking care of me and loving me. without them i wouldnt be here today. for all they have done for me, one day i will pay them back.

COMMUNITY SERVICE:

i am a camp counsler of kids in the elementry school near my house in the summer. i have been doing it for the last 4 years now. also i raised money for my highschools athletic department.

thanks

sorry i do not have a conus i just wanted to give thanks

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hi my name is Julian and I am 15 years old. I am currently a sophomore in high school; I have a lot to be thankful for. I am most thankful for life in general; thanks to where and when I was placed on this earth I have had plentiful opportunities and have not had to deal with the tumultuous turbulence around the globe. I am thankful for my parents, who have made me the person who I am today. Without them, I would not have the drive and determination that has gotten me so far in life. The love they have given me has made my life worth living. When I am down because of all the work I have in school, they always cheer me up. I am also thankful for how supportive of me they are. Although none of them even play golf, they have gained a love for it just because I play. They have driven me around to all my friends' homes and to countless golf courses in the state. My parents have helped me out so much; I don't know what I would do without them.

I am also thankful for the for my two brothers. Although they can be annoying at times, there have been countless times of great joy with them. I don't know what I would do without them.

I am thankful for my friends for they are the ones that introduced me to the great game of golf at the age of 12. I have so many memories with them that I will never forget.

I am thankful for my great teachers I have had. So many of them just cheer me and make school that much better. Both them and my parents have made me the honors student that I have become.

I am thankful for God, for helping me get through all those hard times and for giving me someone to look up to.

I am thankful for music. It has helped me get away for the bad times. When I first picked up the guitar an everlasting love was established. I am thankful for all those soothing sounds in my ears.

I am so thankful for living in such a great country. I cannot ponder what it would be like to not be able to speak my mind. I cannot think of not having so many rights. I love my country.

I am thankful for the great game of golf. When my friends first introduced me to the game I loved it. Within the last year, my love has grown to an obsession. I don't know what I would do without this great game. I never knew that a little white ball could instill so much joy in my heart. Some of my best days have been on the golf course.

Last but certainly not least, I am thankful for GolfWRX for being the segway in sharing my passion for golf with others. I cannot say how much I love all the inside information on golf clubs. GOLFWRX rules!!

As for my community service, I am a member of a club at my school called SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions), which is essentially a community service club. We organize many fundraisers and donate all types of things to the less fortunate. I myself have organized food drives around the holidays for those who are less fortunat than I. Additionally, I take Latin at my school. Once or twice a week I stay after and give extra help to those kids who are having a hard time. On the same page, I also travel to the intermediate school and help kids with special needs and learning disabilities with their homework.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great TURKEY DAY!!

Sincerely, Julian

Hi my name is Jonathan, I am 15 years old. I live in Toronto. I am very thankful of everyone that is related to me. These days have been tough and my close friends, my family, and my teachers have helped me get through these hard times. My mother and father are working 12 hours a day together helping our family get through. They also support my golf ambitions and they provide the resources that is helping me become a better golfer day by day. I am very thankful for the sister i have who helps me when i am in need with schoolwork and such. I am very thankful for my friends. My friends are very important to me because they are there when i need to talk and get stuff off my chest. They are one of the reasons the fire inside of me to do better is still there. My teachers have also inspired me to do better and reach my full potential, both academically and physically. I help out at my local elemantary school, coaching boys volleyball, and basketball. i also help out at my indoor golf facility because the owner is a family friend and he is dealing with the death of one of his family member and im there a couple times a week, helping pick up balls, keeping things clean and such. I also help out at school, where i tutor kids in my grade (10) or younger kids in math.

Happy thanksgiving (down there)

Sincerely

Jonathan

Ok, never hurts to try I suppose. My name is Cameron and Im 17 years old. This is my older brother William's screen name. The thing I am without a doubt most thankful for is Jesus. I know that sounds sorta cliche-ish, but it is true. Without Him I am nothing. My family would follow a close second. I love them and am so grateful for all that they do.

As far as community service goes, I go on a mission trip every summer to San Antonio to do VBS services for underprivillaged kids. I am constantly inolved in my church and all that they do.

Thank you so much for this opportunity. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

1) My name is Ben, and I'll be turning 16 this upcoming Tuesday. I am very thankful for many things. First off is my family. Without them, life would be impossible to live. They are my #1 support team. I am also thankful for being a citizen of the USA. Having the freedoms I have means everything.

2) I would consider myself an active member in my community. I am a Boy Scout, and am about to earn my Eagle award ( just the service project left, which I am in the middle of planning/organizing), the highest and most prestigious award in all of scouting. I am also a member of my church youth group, and participate in service projects about once a month. At school I am a member of "outreach" in which we plan service projects for the community. This includes tutoring for elementary school children, rebuilding together, and many other service oriented activities.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everybody! Thanks for this opportunity tpariff!

--Ben

Thanks to all the Juniors who participated. The giveaway is officially closed. I'm going to re-read all the posts and maybe even let my wife help pick the winner. I'll get this done by the end of the weekend and post the result. The winner will need to PM his/her mailing address so I can ship the club.

While only one person will receive the hybrid, you're all "winners" based on what I've read here. The main objective of this was to get you guys thinking about some of the more important things in life. I'm glad to see that the Golfwrx.com community has a group of young people who value their families and friends and are doing things to help others.

JCigars has expressed interest in providing a Carbite putter to the runner-up. I'll follow up with him to handle this. Thanks to him! If I'm not mistaken, that's Jimmy from TCC? But I could be wrong.

Thanks again for taking time to participate!

Kevin

Well I'm too late to enter, but I'd like to thank Kevin for this awesome contest, someone's gonna be VERY happy with this gift. I'd also like to thank Jimmy for the great runner-up prize. It's too bad I don't get to enter, but oh well, I couldn't use the club anyway, my clubs are all backwards! ;)

Thanks again guys, and happy Thanksgiving.

OK, Juniors, here are the results:

- Bridgestone Hybrid goes to: "Italionstallion" (Vince)

- Carbite putter courtesy of "JCigars" / Jimmy goes to: "bjackson" (Ben)

Vince, PM me your shipping address and I'll ship it.

Ben, PM Jimmy / "JCigars" and he'll ship the putter.

Thanks again to Jimmy for offering the putter. And thanks to the Juniors who participated. All of the responses were good, and I could tell that you put some thought and effort into them.

I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!

Kevin

Congrats Vince and Ben! You two seemed very thankful and are active members in your community. Thank you once again jcigars and tpariff for this great idea. Ben and Vince will, no doubt, be thankful for the gifts and they will be used. I would've donated an item but I am really broke, to young to work around here, so I'll give my thanks to the contest holders and congratulations to the winners. (cool)